AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-03-20, 14:10   Link #61
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

They were doing it for each different girl's story in Kita e ~ Diamond Dust Drops. I don't really have a problem with it though. I think a group should pick whatever type of fonts they want.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 21:25   Link #62
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

The KareKano glitch is strongly believed to be caused by a bug in Scenarist that causes it to write corrupt data when subtitle pictures change less than 5 or so frames apart. They worked around it in later volumes (and in the re-do of volume 1) by eliminating subtitle changes that short.

Some players were able to read through the corrupt data (most notably, most Pioneer models) while others died upon hitting it - cycling through the subtitle tracks usually fixed this, but the easiest solution was to leave the sign subtitles off.
StarCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 06:29   Link #63
XStylus
MSRP -43.2%!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elepsis
Wait, this group is switching the primary font each episode? That in and of itself is a problem...
Every -other- episode, but pretty much, yeah. I can see why they're doing it, as the story focus changes to a new character every two episodes thus constituting a new storyline.

While the constant font changing was awkward, I wasn't so much focusing on the that, rather I was focusing on the selection of fonts and certain overlooked things such as font shadowing and letter spacing.
XStylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 16:18   Link #64
curlyconnor

Would this be considered acceptable?

For my Puss in Boots fansub, since it is an old movie and not very high-tech, I decided to keep it simple on the typesets. The dialogue in in regular white Arial (48) with the song lyrics in italicised yellow Arial (36)(Japanese lyrics on top, English on the bottom). At first I didn't think much about this, as this is how many old VHS fansubs looked like, but now I've started dl'ing more and more on animesuki, and a lot of the fansubs use wacky cool fonts, and sometimes really cool typesetting effects (like karioke and such). However, I still think simple is best on this sort of a project, and I really don't want to bother a typesetter. Do you all think this is ok?
curlyconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 16:24   Link #65
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Yes. I prefer simple myself; I like to be able to read them without straining my eyes or distracting too much from the show itself. Sometimes something in keeping with the setting is nice but it's not on my list of most important points. At the end of the day it is a matter of taste so I say go with what you like. I think there are a few older threads on the subject -- might want to have dig around see if anything catches your eye.

Edit: Looks like NoSanninWa found one of the threads I was thinking of...

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-05-31 at 16:37.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote