Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-21, 03:02   Link #201
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
So...does anyone think that it could be an entirely new Kunimitsu or the same one from Tekken 2?
Don't know for sure, but given that this is a non-canonical game, most probably she's the same Kuni

btw, good news. Michelle is confirmed, and Angel's moveset is Mishima-style (and maybe a bit of Jun's?). Kuni's moveset is original.

^ looking from that, seems like it's a scar alright under Kuni's mask.
Old 2012-05-21, 03:29   Link #202
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
True, especially for arcade and hardcore players. They're more concerned about the gameplay system and also movesets, while home players are more interested in the characters and story (We all know that Harada's twitter is full of them). And most of those console players also not interested to reach the level of hardcore players.
Tekken Tag 2 is a dream match that is non-canon, why the hell is anyone expecting story from this? lol. Still unless she's top tier and/or completely reworked I doubt I'll ever run into a Kunimitsu online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
that's why I'm worried that if the returning characters' have good stuff. It would be bad news for the arcade players.
Don't worry, arcade will get these characters regardless.... the Arcade is the main money maker for the Tekken series... Tekken 6 while it shipped 3.5 million units was a flop in retail, had massive price cuts within the first month in most places.. which is why Namco are saying that Tekken Tag 2 will hopefully sell (coughshipcough) 2 million units... they know they burned retail with Tekken 6 and there will be a backlash... not to mention the market for fighting games is much more saturated at this time.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 04:21   Link #203
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Oh right, I forgot about Michelle. Aside from Gon and Dr. B, I think she's the only old character left not in Tag 2 so far (unless you're counting every version of Jack separately, including P. Jack. Remember that guy? )

I guess it'd be cool to have Michelle back. I always say Tekken could use more older female characters.

P.Jack is still memorable because of that all silver look. If they made Combot and Violet to be available here then my guess is that P.Jack might be in it along with the latest Jack proably Jack6-TTT2?

I agree on Michelle glad she's added another cool addition with the hot momma Jun.

Speaking of Kunimitsu's scar. IF we base it on her ending in TTT1 she was defeated by Yoshimitsu and probably got that scar. But in canon T2 as I remember Kuni was already been defeated by Yoshi in that tournament. Probably the reason why she's not in previous Tekken games that she was injured badly or this might be a new Kunimitsu? Who knows.
Old 2012-05-21, 04:30   Link #204
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Tekken Tag 2 is a dream match that is non-canon, why the hell is anyone expecting story from this? lol. Still unless she's top tier and/or completely reworked I doubt I'll ever run into a Kunimitsu online.
I pointed to the possibility of keeping the returning classic characters (Jun, Kuni, etc.) into the main series, like what Mateus said. And since it's non-canon, of course people want them back, especially the console players. And it's not unexpected if they want namco to still include them in the main series.
Old 2012-05-21, 05:14   Link #205
Mateus

Quote:
Okay so she isn't what you would use, that's your opinion/preference and you're entitled to it - I just do not appreciate the attitude that anyone who would dare dream of using Kunimitsu or anyone who isn't "top tier" for that matter must be an unintelligent dolt or an idiot (you didn't outright say it but that's the impression I get from your "lol @" posts). Maybe some of us are just glad that she (along with Angel, Ogre and now Michelle) are included in an updated game.
Old 2012-05-21, 05:24   Link #206
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Michelle looks as young as she was in Tekken1
Old 2012-05-21, 05:25   Link #207
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Michelle looks as young as she was in Tekken1
Isn't it great? I'm loving how they're giving the oldschool T1&2 girls some love even IF their involvement in the Tekken franchise ends here until another Tag Tourney comes along, it's still great to have them again.
Old 2012-05-21, 05:37   Link #208
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Yup, she's sweet
I noticed that she's using Julia's stance too, though. Would be better if she used her TAG1 stance instead IMO
Old 2012-05-21, 06:13   Link #209
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Okay so she isn't what you would use, that's your opinion/preference and you're entitled to it - I just do not appreciate the attitude that anyone who would dare dream of using Kunimitsu or anyone who isn't "top tier" for that matter must be an unintelligent dolt or an idiot (you didn't outright say it but that's the impression I get from your "lol @" posts). Maybe some of us are just glad that she (along with Angel, Ogre and now Michelle) are included in an updated game.
lol... the lol in my last post was based on people expecting story in a non canon dream match game. If you play Tekken for story (giggle) than you'll have a very long wait for Tekken 7, hopefully TxSF doesn't take itself too seriously.

Quote:
I pointed to the possibility of keeping the returning classic characters (Jun, Kuni, etc.) into the main series, like what Mateus said. And since it's non-canon, of course people want them back, especially the console players. And it's not unexpected if they want namco to still include them in the main series.
The only character who even has a chance to make another main Tekken is Jun and that would be slim in the first place since Asuka has replaced her since Tekken 5 and is more popular than her.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 06:52   Link #210
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Isn't it great? I'm loving how they're giving the oldschool T1&2 girls some love even IF their involvement in the Tekken franchise ends here until another Tag Tourney comes along, it's still great to have them again.
Quote:
Yup, she's sweet
I noticed that she's using Julia's stance too, though. Would be better if she used her TAG1 stance instead IMO
Agreed!

Non-canon dream matches like this is really great to see in a fighting game and best of all it's not a cross over.

It's like saying who's gonna be better Michelle in her prime youth or Julia and so on.

Too bad though there is no news about Forest Law. Not unless they make a big change in his moveset and make him look more like Brandon Lee.

Shunya Illustration

http://p.twipple.jp/iDwHA
Old 2012-05-21, 09:09   Link #211
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
P.Jack is still memorable because of that all silver look. If they made Combot and Violet to be available here then my guess is that P.Jack might be in it along with the latest Jack proably Jack6-TTT2?

I agree on Michelle glad she's added another cool addition with the hot momma Jun.
Would be nice to see P.Jack again. I never mained him, but I did like that sweet silver finish.

It's weird though, because like you say she does look as young as she did in the old Tekkens. Jun looks young too, but Harada already hinted that she is, in fact, in her 40s, and he didn't keep her age down like with Nina and Anna. I don't see how he could say the same thing about Michelle. I...guess? a woman in her 40s could look that ridiculously young? Well, it's great that she's in, but I wouldn't say it's necessarily great if they kept her de-aged.

So now we have 2 characters left for the console release, right? We have left either P.Jack, Gon and Dr. B. Oh, and Alex, but he could be a Roger costume I'd assume.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 15:22   Link #212
Mateus

Quote:
lol... the lol in my last post was based on people expecting story in a non canon dream match game. If you play Tekken for story (giggle) than you'll have a very long wait for Tekken 7, hopefully TxSF doesn't take itself too seriously.

The only character who even has a chance to make another main Tekken is Jun and that would be slim in the first place since Asuka has replaced her since Tekken 5 and is more popular than her.

Tag 1 didn't have a story if I recall - I don't think serious or casual gamers alike would really be picking up TT2 for the story moreso the influx of returning characters would be the big draw.

Wouldn't you think maybe Kunimitsu or even Michelle stands a better chance of making it into future canon installments? Seeing as how Asuka more or less did replace Jun to some extent. Not to mention with Kuni they could at least half ass it and say she is the 2nd or 3rd Kunimitsu out seeking revenge against Yoshimitsu or something to that effect (just make it up as they see it).
Old 2012-05-21, 15:38   Link #213
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Kunimitsu is dead in canon, isn't she?

Really, if they would leave out even one character due to story who could have been a good addition to the cast, that is already a bad decision.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 15:40   Link #214
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Kunimitsu is dead in canon, isn't she?

Really, if they would leave out even one character due to story who could have been a good addition to the cast, that is already a bad decision.
I thought she was just missing? I know that in the Tekken Tag ending the "normal" (since the tag series isn't canon) Yoshimitsu ending ended with him rising after their blades clashed.
Old 2012-05-21, 17:02   Link #215
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I'm pretty sure the only characters confirmed dead are the first Armor King and the first Kuma or something... Kunimitsu and Jun are still alive in the "canon story". I'm really not sure about Wang or Jinpachi though, I figure they should both be dead in the story but neither were on Harada's very short dead characters list from what I remember...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 18:38   Link #216
Xagzan

What? Jinpachi has to be dead, he's destroyed in T5.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 18:46   Link #217
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I'm pretty sure the only characters confirmed dead are the first Armor King and the first Kuma or something... Kunimitsu and Jun are still alive in the "canon story". I'm really not sure about Wang or Jinpachi though, I figure they should both be dead in the story but neither were on Harada's very short dead characters list from what I remember...
Confirmed death: King I, Kuma I, and Armor King I
Jun was declared as "missing".
while there's no official confirmation like King, Kuma, and Armor King, I believe Jinpachi should be dead already.

Wang is still alive up till Tekken 6.
Old 2012-05-21, 23:01   Link #218
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Would be nice to see P.Jack again. I never mained him, but I did like that sweet silver finish.

It's weird though, because like you say she does look as young as she did in the old Tekkens. Jun looks young too, but Harada already hinted that she is, in fact, in her 40s, and he didn't keep her age down like with Nina and Anna. I don't see how he could say the same thing about Michelle. I...guess? a woman in her 40s could look that ridiculously young? Well, it's great that she's in, but I wouldn't say it's necessarily great if they kept her de-aged.

So now we have 2 characters left for the console release, right? We have left either P.Jack, Gon and Dr. B. Oh, and Alex, but he could be a Roger costume I'd assume.
Yeah I would too. Not unless like what you said with Alex they might make a P.Jack costume for the current Jack, I would miss their tag combination throw piledriver.

As for Michelle if she's hinted in her 40's probably there was a incident in T3 in the ruins of Ancient Ogre that kept her young in her prime, but her probably in TTT2 for nostalgia's sake they made her look young.

As for the dead only the mentioned Armor KingI, King1,Kuma1 and Jinpachi are dead. Jinpanchi in T5 was killed by Jin and he took over the Mishima and went global war in T6 against G-corp.

Jun was said "missing" after the events of T3.
Kunimitsu we never had a proper word, but basing on Yoshi's storyline and hers she was defeated in T2 and possible was taken as by Ogre in T3 who took the moves of nearly all the missing Tekken players in T3.
Old 2012-05-21, 23:54   Link #219
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

http://asia.gamespot.com/features/di...-fist-6377802/

An interview with Harada.
Old 2012-05-22, 00:10   Link #220
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

oh Harada how I love you.

I've always loved his approach to the fighting genre and his stance on DLC.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fighting game