AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-15, 21:39   Link #1201
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Sheesh has people forgotten that Ashley's Racism can be cured by good old fashion persuasive love and sound arguments if you romance her?

I killed Kaiden because he just bored me compared to Ashley. Plus as a dude you gotta save the chicks right?
He's only boring because you can't romance him I think (as a guy lol)

and yea, all this Ash hate when they prob didn't give her a chance in a play through.
Old 2011-12-15, 22:05   Link #1202
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I left Ashley to die, but I saw it as the most practical choice at the point of time.

The explosive was a more important objective at that point of time, plus Kaiden was the more senior and higher ranked officer.

Besides, it seemed to make for a more compelling story especially if put through a fake context that Shepard chose duty over love. ( not really, but it does give some impression of that if one chose Tali in ME2 )

Further points for Sole Survivor Shepard.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 02:27   Link #1203
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
and yea, all this Ash hate when they prob didn't give her a chance in a play through.
Nope. I practice the "treat others as they treat you" way of life. Ashley wants to be a bigot? Sure, I'll treat her like that.

That, and I'm never one for romance in Bioware games.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 03:40   Link #1204
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
He's only boring because you can't romance him I think (as a guy lol)

First impression matters. I metaphorically backed away slowly from her after having her in my party for five minutes. Her idol chit-chat single-handedly convinced me not to romance her and much rather start with Tali with no baggage. Seriously, I originally did want to romance her first, but as soon as I get to know her better there was no way she is going near me.

Had the choice been there to fire her from my crew rather than kill her, I would have done that. Indeed, I am actually annoyed that Shepard hold such high regard for her whenever her death was mentioned. I would have liked the option to say "yeah, she died because she was a bad person and I can do without her, and I am not sorry."
Old 2011-12-16, 04:38   Link #1205
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
First impression matters. I metaphorically backed away slowly from her after having her in my party for five minutes. Her idol chit-chat single-handedly convinced me not to romance her and much rather start with Tali with no baggage. Seriously, I originally did want to romance her first, but as soon as I get to know her better there was no way she is going near me.
Sounds like you didn't get to know her at all.

1. She actually denounces racism at several points in the story, even if you don't change her opinions via dialogue.

2. People refer to her as bigoted, but she's just an alliance marine. Half your ship complains about having to rely on aliens at the start of ME1, nobody more than Pressley, but they eventually come around by the end.

3. Her distrust of aliens stems from the fact her only experience with them was the tragic story of her grandfather during the the First Contact War (between the humans and turians).

4. In ME2 she throws a hissy-fit because you have joined ultra-racist Cerberus. She understands why you did, but admits she could never believe what Cerberus believe (especially after ME1).

Not that it matters much anyway. Bioware pulled data to show that somewere around 90% of (presumably Steam/XBL) ME1 players killed off personality-deficient Kaidan instead. Interestingly around the same amount of people played as Soldier, we are the 10%!
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 05:21   Link #1206
Skane
Anime Snark

Kaidan only died in my playthrough because Ashley was with the bomb. Had the roles been reversed, Ashley would have bitten the dust. The decision I made was based on duty, rather than personality.

That said, I never really got to know Ashley in ME1, because I found Garrus and Tali much more interesting, and later on, Wrex. I mainly rotated between the three of them, and left the rest of the squad to chill their heels in the Normandy.

I can't recall the exact details, but I believe there was a line of conversation that guided you to let Kaidan take point, while Ashley handled the bomb. That alone would help explain why Kaidan kept getting the short end of the stick.

Cheers.
Old 2012-01-04, 12:02   Link #1207
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Preorder Bonuses Info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioware
Prepare for the Reaper invasion today and secure your pre-order gear! Shrug off enemy fire with the N7 Defender Armor and its amplified shields then drop the opposition with high caliber fire from the N7 Valkyrie Assault Rifle. When the enemy has overwhelming numbers bring the M55 Argus Assault Rifle into battle and unleash rapid-fire bursts to even the odds. If the enemy gets too close, stop them dead with the AT12 Raider Shotgun and its superior firepower.

Check out the Mass Effect 3 Pre-Order Bonus Page for more details and links to screenshots and the Mass Effect 3 Gallery for new videos of the items in action and then pre-order now to make sure you are ready when the Reapers invade.

FAQ
Is the M55 Argus Assault Rifle included with the N7 Warfare Gear and Origin pre-order packs?
Yes, the M55 Argus Assault Rifle is a channel wide offer and available to everyone who pre-orders.

I don’t have a GameStop or EB Games in my country, where can I get the N7 Warfare Gear?
A full breakdown of regions and availability of pre-order offers is coming soon. You can also check with your local retailer for more information about available pre-order offers.

If I already pre-order the N7 Collector’s Edition, do I have to pre-order again to receive the pre-order items?
No, if you have already pre-ordered your pre-order will rollover and you will be automatically granted the items.

How do I unlock the items once I have pre-ordered?
Redemption methods may vary depending on platform and region. Please check with your retailer on how to redeem your pre-order content.

When will the pre-order content be available?
The pre-order items will be available on March 6th when Mass Effect 3 releases.

There seems to be some confusion due to the NA retailers listed on the page. To clarify:

GameStop customers
get the N7 Warfare Gear including the N7 Valkyrie assault rifle.

Everyone who pre-orders from any retailer
gets the M55 Argus assault rifle (so Gamestop customers who pre-order get this and the N7 warfare gear).

Origin pre-order customers
get the AT12 Raider shotgun and the M55 Argus assault rifle (as all pre-orders get the Argus)

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 16:44   Link #1208
Key Board
Carbon

bah.. pay to win

I have question, though

Does ME3 PC require Origin?

I'm really not comfortable installing it on my PC, when I already have Steam
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 18:25   Link #1209
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
bah.. pay to win

I have question, though

I bought ME2's DLCs only when they have actual missions in them. To buy weapon and armour packs with cash just seem so... strange. I mean, paying money to make my game easier? I could just lower the game difficulty instead.

And I think you still need Origin. Especially if you want DLCs.
Old 2012-01-04, 21:42   Link #1210
Key Board
Carbon

It makes tempted to buy the console version of ME3

Except that I played the prequels on the PC

any advice?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 22:10   Link #1211
Alchemist007
*Author

If it's going to be Origin mandatory, I won't be buying ME3.
Old 2012-01-05, 00:59   Link #1212
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I am going to make it my mission to get all N7 Gear. I will have the perfect N7 get up.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 01:49   Link #1213
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
If it's going to be Origin mandatory, I won't be buying ME3.
Same here. I'll just uh, have to 'sample' it via other means =P
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 03:51   Link #1214
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
bah.. pay to win
I wouldn't call it "Pay to Win" if the equipment in question doesn't offer any significant game-breaking advantages. Most of the time, the ME weapon and armor DLC's are left unused in favor of the traditional weapons and armor. They're there for extra choice, not to become the ONLY choice.

Quote:
I have question, though

From all the previews so far, yes ME3 requires Origin.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 04:50   Link #1215
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Maybe I've missed something, but what's the difficulty of having both Origin and Steam on your PC...? Brand loyalty?
Old 2012-01-05, 05:00   Link #1216
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I don't like Origin, but even I can see the stupidity in refusing to buy the game if it requires it. Origin doesn't even need to be an active program when running games unlike Steam and *shudder* GFWL. Having it will have no footprint on your RAM when playing the game, it will just be there on your hard drive. Games that require Origin only do so because they use Origin to download patches.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2012-01-05 at 05:03. Reason: Was a little too harsh.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 05:05   Link #1217
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
Maybe I've missed something, but what's the difficulty of having both Origin and Steam on your PC...? Brand loyalty?
At least Steam has a lot of USEFUL stuff built in to justify itself (in-game browser, chat, steam groups). Origin is nothing more than an extra step before playing the game (slow as hell too). I sadly need both. I hate Origin with a damn passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Origin doesn't even need to be an active program when running games unlike Steam and *shudder* GFWL. Having it will have no footprint on your RAM when playing the game, it will just be there on your hard drive. Games that require Origin only do so because they use Origin to download patches.
Oh? Why can't I play Battlefield 3 without it running then?
Old 2012-01-05, 05:09   Link #1218
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Oh? Why can't I play Battlefield 3 without it running then?
Oh? They've changed the way it's implemented from the way it was with The Sims 3? Sorry, don't have BF3.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 05:12   Link #1219
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

It's not as good as Steam, granted, but people are talking as if it's so inconvenient they'd either not play Mass Effect 3 or pirate the game instead.

EDIT: For people who don't use the benefits Steam has (chat etc), then it's equally annoying that you're forced to install/maintain/use it just to play The Orange Box or other Valve productions. So really, it's no better than Origin in that regard.
Old 2012-01-05, 06:07   Link #1220
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
It's not as good as Steam, granted, but people are talking as if it's so inconvenient they'd either not play Mass Effect 3 or pirate the game instead.
That is silly, yeah. But people say that all the time and still end up buying said product.

Tags
effect, games, mass