AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-06, 23:33   Link #1
SKoRPioN9x
Om nom nom

Haibane Renmei Doujinshi

In August, I purchased the Haibane Renmei volume 1 DVD with the box, having no idea what it was. I watched it and really like the series. It's one of my favorites. Anyway, I have also found out about the Haibane Renmei doujinshi that Yoshitoshi ABe created before it was turned into an anime. I have been looking for it, but have been unable to find it anywhere.

Well today, I found them for $20.00 each (there are four of them) plus $20 more for shipping. That will be a total of $100.00 for four 30 page ("pre-owned, but in good condition") doujinshis. My question is this: Is it worth it? Is the doujinshi rare enough to spend $100.00 on? If not, perhaps could someone point me to a place where I can get them for less?

Thanks for any help .
Old 2004-02-07, 00:31   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

No idea how much that would be worth. I think a certain group scanslated the first doujinshi of Haibane Renmei, so it might be worth your while to download it and look at it and if you think you'd spend $100 to own them, then that's fine. Let's see, it was a group called A-M. That would be Akatsuki-Manga, I suppose. You could also try and contact the scanner of the doujin and find out where he got them from and for how much.
Old 2004-02-07, 00:34   Link #3
SKoRPioN9x
Om nom nom

I have the scanslated version of all of them. I just think it would be great to actually own them . That's why I want to buy them. I'm the kind of person who likes to own authentic stuff. So I'll buy CDs instead of downloading mp3s, and I buy anime when it comes out, instead of only keeping the fansubs or buying bootlegs .
Old 2004-02-20, 21:21   Link #4
SKoRPioN9x
Om nom nom

Well I ended up buying them, and they arrived today! Although the auctions (they were on Ebay) said "Used but in good condition", they don't appear used at all . And the seller is from a site that sells doujinshi (link removed)... they are also there - for $40 each. So I got them for half price . I'm going to buy some more Yoshitoshi ABe doujinshi from that site when I get more money.
Old 2004-02-21, 06:32   Link #5
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Please keep in mind that while discussing doujinshi is tolerated, posting links to sites that sell hentai doujinshi isn't.
Old 2004-02-21, 12:57   Link #6
SKoRPioN9x
Om nom nom

Ok, sorry... I'm not gonna argue with you about it or anything, but I'm just curious... why are they not allowed? Doujinshi is perfectly legal in Japan, I believe.
Old 2004-02-21, 13:44   Link #7
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

We have a no-hentai policy here at AnimeSuki, the site you linked was a hentai doujinshi shop. Anyway, just be more careful next time