AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-26, 20:51   Link #81
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Doesn't he live in the same dorm as all the other guys? >_>

It seems like everyone knows he's a guy, but don't care because he's so feminine. The only reason it even seems to be a question for them is because they just can't believe that a guy could be that feminine. He has them more spellbound than any of the other girls in the manga. Thinking about it, it's really natural for them to question it. They know he's a guy, but they're attracted to him, and they're straight, so things are adding up. Being less attracted isn't really an option, so their minds go to the "maybe he's really a girl" route.

But yea, he's a "guy", for whatever that's worth in a manga.
I'm thinking when they do Sports, he/she needs to change right(in the guys changing room)? How come no one's seen him/her changing yet?
Old 2010-06-26, 21:12   Link #82
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I would think they've all seen him changing, which is just one more reason they know he's a guy. Though, they could be too embarrassed to watch him change since he seems to blush at that kind of attention.

But, basically, they know he's a guy. They just don't want to accept it.
Old 2010-06-30, 23:57   Link #83
pampz21
ShipCore

this is the first time in a week that i have so much fun....by the way currently finish and for god knows I wanted more of it...even if it's guyXguy or girl.....but who cares as long as it's cute right? tehe! ^^

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-07-01, 04:05   Link #84
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The best things about this manga are those mentioned in that line...

"A girl who into girls stealing a guy from a guy? What's with all this chaos"

I watched this for Shion x Non at first, but Maki and Aikawa are pretty fun as well
Old 2010-07-10, 17:24   Link #85
mikhail21

But it would be a good ending if Aikawa reveals that she really is a girl and had a past that she was treated as a boy. And it would be better if the reason was because she was concious that she lacked assets as a girl and is trying to get the boys' attention with what she experienced when she was a 'boy'. Well, that's for me anyway XD

Of course having schools as the manga's setting, there mostly should be a time where thay have a physical checkup. That may confirm further if Aikawa is a girl or boy.

Last edited by mikhail21; 2010-07-10 at 17:29. Reason: added comments
Old 2010-07-22, 18:48   Link #86
mikhail21

Wow, it's been ages since the last issue was released. I wonder what's happened so far?
Old 2010-08-24, 23:13   Link #87
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Read chapter 14 and 15, dammit I'm so envious of Maki with the close relationship he has with Aikawa! The tickling and teasing, "pretending" to be lovers. Kuuuu so jealous. He should realize and just admit that they are a couple already.

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Old 2010-08-27, 18:13   Link #88
mikhail21

Wow at Chapter 14. After seeing Aikawa getting tickled, I was like...*dszzled*

Woot for Chapter 15 XD

Geez, Aikawa's been blushing lately and it seems that she's not actually a boy. (And it seems Aikawa has secret hmmm)

On the topic if Kizuna's a boy or a girl:
There was a case here in the Philippines where a female athlete is said to be a boy (genes I think) like what the other guys say here and it is possible that Aikawa may be one. Heck I know a friend of mine who is actually a girl but looks totally like a guy (no matter how you look at it though her body's slim. Flat chested too)

Last edited by mikhail21; 2010-08-27 at 19:31.
Old 2010-08-31, 08:00   Link #89
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Oh sweet Aikawa, chapter 16 is pure concentrated ship tease.

You idiots who had been slow to catch up should do so, nao!
Old 2010-09-02, 11:59   Link #90
taofd

I detect massive levels of denial in this thread

"I can't stop reading this even though Aikawa has stated that "she" is a "he"...

BUT WAIT! If "he's" a "she"... then what am I reading...? What does that mean about... me?

I know! Aikawa says "she's" a "he", but actually it's all a LIE (cake). The author is probably going to introduce some sort of plot twist... yeah, that's right... <-- good job convincing yourself

I mean, look at Aikawa, she doesn't even recognize act like a guy... and there are plenty of ways to ratio- er I mean, explain why she is the way she is... like Swyer's Syndrome... YEAH!

Hahaha, I've got you now silly author!"

Just 'cause you don't want to believe it's a trap, doesn't make it any less of one...
(although, I am also hoping...)
Old 2010-09-02, 14:15   Link #91
mikhail21

I hope it doesn't end like NoBra (at some point I never got into that manga since the guy there was pathetic... or maybe because I hated the fact that the girl there was actually a guy...?).

In any case, we've noticed Aikawa being feminine in some chapters so the "hope" is still there (but I guess as long as I'm entertained, I'm good).
Old 2010-09-02, 18:02   Link #92
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikhail21 View Post
I hope it doesn't end like NoBra (at some point I never got into that manga since the guy there was pathetic... or maybe because I hated the fact that the girl there was actually a guy...?).
I'm pretty sure you never got into that manga because the guy was pathetic. I felt the same. Genderbender or not the guy was a perverted indecisive wimp who thought with his ***** and not with his brain or even his heart.

Maki on the other hand is a magnificent man. Moreover, I think part of the development is that he's starting to care less and less about Aikawa's gender and is being much more open about his attraction. True love does not care for trivialities. :P
Old 2010-09-02, 19:41   Link #93
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I'm pretty sure you never got into that manga because the guy was pathetic. I felt the same. Genderbender or not the guy was a perverted indecisive wimp who thought with his ***** and not with his brain or even his heart.
Yea, NoBra was hard to swallow at times cause as far as male leads go he really was pathetic. Only reason I stuck with it was cause I simple read too far on to just drop plus I wanted to know how it ended which was very meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Maki on the other hand is a magnificent man. Moreover, I think part of the development is that he's starting to care less and less about Aikawa's gender and is being much more open about his attraction. True love does not care for trivialities. :P
I don't think I could have put it any better, magnificent man def sums up Maki. I never really thought about it but that makes a whole load of sense and is very just.
I think the last page of chapter 16 shows how great this "couple" are

Now if only we had more Maki like character in other series.
Old 2010-09-03, 00:37   Link #94
mikhail21

And with a magnificent man like Maki, he needs a magnificent ending. Hope he isn't wrong with Aikawa XD

Grrr... Now I'm craving for original art/fanart for this LOL

Btw, just read Chapter 16. And it seems Maki accepts that Aikawa is really a guy but at the back of his mind it's still unbelievable. It seems there's more than what Maki thinks of Aikawa in this chapter.

Last edited by mikhail21; 2010-09-03 at 01:03.
Old 2010-09-17, 13:21   Link #95
Tom Bombadil

Chapter 17 out in Chinese. As broken as ever.
Old 2010-09-17, 19:09   Link #96
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for 17:
Old 2010-09-17, 19:33   Link #97
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Men go gay and lesbians turn straight for Maki !

Somehow, I really got the impression that Aikawa is a guy, with that stunt he pulled at the end.
Old 2010-09-17, 23:40   Link #98
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Ugh. My last hope that Aikawa is actually a girl is slowly being destroyed. I may have to drop this. As a straight, heterosexual male, those are the kinds of stories I prefer. The only thing that's kept me reading this was the small chance Aikawa was lying and the fact that I like the characters themselves.

Of course, this also presents one of the biggest problems with this type of manga. The fact is, Maki may know he's a "guy", but he's attracted to Aikawa because he looks and acts like a girl. That means Maki is actually straight himself. He'd never go for one of his guy friends because he's not interested in guys.
Old 2010-09-18, 00:03   Link #99
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Ugh. My last hope that Aikawa is actually a girl is slowly being destroyed. I may have to drop this. As a straight, heterosexual male, those are the kinds of stories I prefer.
I'm a straight, heterosexual male, and I'd have no problem with Kizuna being male. In fact, I think that'd make it more interesting, since I don't think many authors have the balls to pull a gay end. Just look at No Bra, that was such a huge disappointment, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Of course, this also presents one of the biggest problems with this type of manga. The fact is, Maki may know he's a "guy", but he's attracted to Aikawa because he looks and acts like a girl. That means Maki is actually straight himself. He'd never go for one of his guy friends because he's not interested in guys.
That's an excuse though. That's like saying hitting on androgynous males doesn't make you gay, just because they're cute. If you know it has a penis and you still like it, my friend, you're gay.
Old 2010-09-18, 01:12   Link #100
Newhope

I actually think that if Aikawa turned out to be a girl it'd just be a gaint let down, it'd turn this manga into another run of the mill generic romance story. With them both been male it keeps things more interesting and less generic.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, shounen