AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-10-21, 09:38   Link #41
Fran~
floating away...

You are mixing things... When you say Naruto is this and that, you can't blame him, you need to say Kishimoto.... and you need to understand that this is a manga for kids, so many of the complaints about the plot or character development are ok in an "academic" point of view. But just remember how do you find this manga 10 years ago and what age you had back then.

What we found funny 10 years it's quite probable that now those jokes aren't funny.

This is a cycle in the forums about Naruto, when he is using by Kishi as a dork, there is flaming everywhere, but in the time Naruto kicks some butt, Naruto isn't that bad.

Old 2010-10-21, 11:08   Link #42
NoLongerSane

Just finished looking at the chapter.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 11:26   Link #43
james0246

So Kabuto literally ate Yamato...I imagine it is similar to swallowing a tooth pick .

btw, I love how pissed Zetsu looks at the end of the chapter...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 11:35   Link #44
Kallen4life

madara took only one Rinnegan, because he still needs the Sharingan

nothing else happened
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 11:49   Link #45
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Surely Yamato isn't stupid enough to get caught and not have a bunshin...

I thought the lava/magma jutsu was a bloodline thing? The other girl seems to have it too.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 11:53   Link #46
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Surely Yamato isn't stupid enough to get caught and not have a bunshin...
Well, in all technicality, nobody expected Kabuto to have pretty much given up the majority of his human form for that of a serpent. They were pretty much caught off by surprise so it would be logical that Yamato did not have enough time to do a bunshin.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 11:59   Link #47
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

He had enough time to disconnect from his wood jutsu and push Motoi. Hard to believe he didn't have time to make a bunshin, even to his own wood trap thing.
Old 2010-10-21, 12:19   Link #48
Fran~
floating away...

Poor yamato, hmmm (gotta love Deidara's "hmmm", hmmm)
Old 2010-10-21, 12:47   Link #49
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Hahahaha, oh wow, talk about pathetic really. I never thought Yamato could sink any lower as a character. This was just plain sad for a chapter and there's nothing more to it. The only good bits were Onoki and Kurotsuchi, but even they barely did anything. What makes it worse is that this is all we have for 2 weeks.
Old 2010-10-21, 13:30   Link #50
Cael
Lurker Mode

Looks like tables have turned, it was Yamato who had once captured Kabuto...

Kabuto's comments about Aoba are what caught my attention. First, he makes note that "Aoba's with them, too," and second he says "you've fallen farther than I have."

I've always had a suspicion about Aoba, and Kabuto now, makes it seem more likely.
Not only is he a mind reader, but uses a sight blocker involving crows, and also uses fire techniques. Plus the fact that we can't see his eyes. Is it possible he's related to Uchiha? Kabuto's last comment... makes you wonder if it was BS or if he knew something secret.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 14:11   Link #51
KidKoolAid

This chapter was just okay, I am expecting it to pick up after the break. I enjoyed Deidara once again and Kabuto's inevitable turn into oro is much pleasing to me. What bothers me about how Naruto as an character is being written right now is how they talk about him behind his back, it lacks respect. Naruto is supposed to be the next hokage and that worries me. It is like someone dating a really hot , but nearly retarded chick. In the person face they talk about how cool you are for having such a hot chick , but then behind your back clown you for her being so dumb. This will be the hidden leaf's fate. It will be false respect in their faces , while other villages secretly laugh at them and plot , because their leader's mental capacity.
KidKoolAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 14:58   Link #52
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I am beginning to think this was mandated by Shueisha. Perhaps they thought Naruto was too serious and needed to be more of the innocent and naive Naruto of the past? Naruto was always daft, but I can't explain why he is acting this stupid now. In no universe should a character like Aoba be dissing Naruto. Kishi just wrote an entire arc about how everyone in Konoha now respects Naruto. And here we have people lying to him and making fun of him behind his back about how stupid he is?
While i really believe this is a possbility, i am going to walk the road that says that Naruto has realized something is up and is will shadow clone sneak away to confirm it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
madara took only one Rinnegan, because he still needs the Sharingan
i speculated a while ago that Tobi only took one rinnegan because that dimensional transfer jutsu is just to useful to let go. and since it wasnt discarded it seems there is a loose end that still needs to be tied...
Old 2010-10-21, 14:59   Link #53
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
There's only one eye he needs and it's going to be obvious, since it's closely related to the Sharingan:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-21, 15:11   Link #54
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
Kabuto's comments about Aoba are what caught my attention. First, he makes note that "Aoba's with them, too," and second he says "you've fallen farther than I have."

I've always had a suspicion about Aoba, and Kabuto now, makes it seem more likely.
Not only is he a mind reader, but uses a sight blocker involving crows, and also uses fire techniques. Plus the fact that we can't see his eyes. Is it possible he's related to Uchiha? Kabuto's last comment... makes you wonder if it was BS or if he knew something secret.
Aoba just uses Inoichi's mind reading jutsu. Tonbo the mummy guy as well as two other chuunin are also shown using this technique. Inoichi likely taught them since it would benefit Konoha.

Kabuto grew up in Konoha, so he probably knew Aoba who is about ten years older than him. Aoba was chastising Kabuto about what he has become. Kabuto shot back that Aoba has fallen farther than him. He is mocking him for being a nobody basically while Kabuto has great power. That's how I read it.

Having Aoba be an Uchiha or important would be like having Tenten be an Uzumaki and Naruto's sister. What for? It serves no purpose. Aoba is the most minor of characters and only recently has been in the manga after a long absence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
While i really believe this is a possbility, i am going to walk the road that says that Naruto has realized something is up and is will shadow clone sneak away to confirm it
It doesn't really matter at this point. If Naruto saved the day this chapter by realizing that Aoba and Yamato were lying to him, and chased off Kabuto, nobody would be talking about how dense he is. But he is still there looking at animal penises. It doesn't really matter now if he figures out they were lying to him or made a clone to go spy on them. It doesn't change the past few chapters.
Old 2010-10-21, 15:19   Link #55
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Somewhere in japan, a doujin artist is drawing up a female naruto pleasing a giant armadillo.
Old 2010-10-21, 15:28   Link #56
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

next arc, rescue yamato!
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 15:34   Link #57
Ero-Senn1n

Interesting chapter, i never expected that Kabuto turns into a monster that's even more ugly than Orochimaru was. His human face was just a mask, and his the hybrid body is always more ugly than just a snake. And finally Kabuto's strange walking movement was explained, sure he can't walk like a man when he's more like a snake now.

A bit disappointing that Kabuto didn't show his true strength here, since he used only Deidara, i guess he can use all of them at once. But knowing that Kabuto is just using Madara to gain something (he led Anko and her team to Madara's hideout previously, sure he is plotting something) makes it logical that he didn't want Madara to capture the last two demons right away, because he would not need Kabuto any more, and that might mean Kabuto's death. Kabuto's plan might be to let the two sides destroy each other, which makes Kabuto the winner.

I guess the reason why Madara changed only one eye to rinnegan is because his sharingan eye is the only one that has the escape-jutsu (teleporting, space-time) ability. Might be that Madara is able to use this MS-jutsu which is unique to that eye (like Kakashi's kamui) without the eye being evolved to MS state.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 16:47   Link #58
janipani

Was it really necessary to show the armadillo's penis again, it wasn't that funny even in the first appearance. Well Kishi seems to really taking it easy again. I guess completing this manga is pain in ass to him or his sense of comedy has just got retarded. But most disappointed I am about Naruto's retardeness.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 19:18   Link #59
Alchemist007
*Author

Yeah Naruto shouldn't be so damn gullible anymore.
Old 2010-10-21, 20:22   Link #60
Fran~
floating away...

What if Naruto is just playing dumb.... who knows?...

Tags
weekly chapter discussion