AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2004-11-30, 15:02   Link #61
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidAKP
I enjoy seeing the serious moments. I loved Akane as a character too, so this is somewhat enjoyable. Gouda is a fucking idiot though.

Spoiler:

What's muvluv by the way?
Think of MuvLuv as an alternate telling to KGNE's story...it's a rather difficult thing to describe actually...if I remember correctly there's a far more descriptive answer in either the game or KGNE forum. Suffice to say, MuvLuv holds similar aspects of KGNE, but is a totally different story involving many of the characters you saw in Akane Maniax
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 16:12   Link #62
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
I dunno, I can relax and watch this like a Bond movie. Don't try to make sense out of the nonsense, just lean back, eat popcorn and enjoy
Wow, your probably the only one aside from me here who ever actually did that. Basically, I just watched and enjoyed, but I understand people not wanting to waste their time and bw and all....

But I'm eating chocolate instead of popcorn
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 16:13   Link #63
stealthgiga

Em.. What is this Akane Maniax supposed to be all about?

Sequel to KGNE.. or KGNE in different universe?

There is Akane (obviously), and that Gouda stands under the famous tree 'spot' from KGNE...
stealthgiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 16:17   Link #64
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

it takes place sometime after KGNE ended, the same universe... actually I think all Age's games take place in the same universe... it is supposed to be a consistent game universe... or so I've heard...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 16:23   Link #65
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Ok, Akane Maniax is an offshoot continuation of KGNE. It holds Akane as she is after KGNE's events happened, I'm guessing maybe a year after. MuvLuv is further along the timeline and proceeds to take place in an alternate reality to the KGNE 'universe'. It starts off in the same 'world', but quickly deviates as the story progresses, but the major characters seen in the first episode of Akane Maniax (sans Gouda) appear in MuvLuv, including Akane as a cameo.
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 16:39   Link #66
stealthgiga

Juz watched the 1st ova..

The whole thing is... well,

lame, idiotic bt vy funny

Gouda reminds me of Sagara, but Sagara is better than him. He is a mix of Sagara & Domon (burning part) & some other idiots imo.
stealthgiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 17:38   Link #67
BOZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Ok, Akane Maniax is an offshoot continuation of KGNE. It holds Akane as she is after KGNE's events happened, I'm guessing maybe a year after. MuvLuv is further along the timeline and proceeds to take place in an alternate reality to the KGNE 'universe'. It starts off in the same 'world', but quickly deviates as the story progresses, but the major characters seen in the first episode of Akane Maniax (sans Gouda) appear in MuvLuv, including Akane as a cameo.
Yeah but lol... All we've seen are the two teachers and Chizuru... I wonder if the others will appear in the next episode?

I actually enjoyed the episode... Then again I did play the game which was pretty fun... Which most haven't...

One question though about the Akane Maniax in relation to Muvluv...

Spoiler:

And does Bandai's owning of the rights to the MuvLuv animation mean it will brought over to North America or am I reading into it too much?
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 18:49   Link #68
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Spoiler for for the MuvLuv/Akane question:

As for Bandai's rights, Bandai is still actually a Japanese company that has an arm(y) in the US...so it's possible that you could be reading a bit too deeply into things, but there's never such a bad thing as hope
Old 2004-12-01, 00:17   Link #69
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY
Yeah but lol... All we've seen are the two teachers and Chizuru... I wonder if the others will appear in the next episode?

I actually enjoyed the episode... Then again I did play the game which was pretty fun... Which most haven't...

One question though about the Akane Maniax in relation to Muvluv...

Spoiler:

And does Bandai's owning of the rights to the MuvLuv animation mean it will brought over to North America or am I reading into it too much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Spoiler for for the MuvLuv/Akane question:

As for Bandai's rights, Bandai is still actually a Japanese company that has an arm(y) in the US...so it's possible that you could be reading a bit too deeply into things, but there's never such a bad thing as hope
Yup, B it is, same as Gouda.

Spoiler:

Regarding Akane Maniax/MuvLuv:

Spoiler:

I'm really hoping that Bandai's involvement will lead to Muvluv coming to the states, I wouldn't mind seeing how they handle the mechs in Muvluv.

Not to mention how they'll screw with the VA's for the show.
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 01:36   Link #70
Takemi_Ikazuchi

I worship the ground Meiya walks on

MuvLuv spoiler

Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 02:45   Link #71
kujoe
from head to heel

Anyway, I finally got to watch the first episode of Akane Maniax, and I can't seem to understand what a lot of people find so terribly bad in it with the exception of Gouda's character. Ok. Hell, maybe the reason is just really Gouda.

But the way I see it, Akane Maniax is part transtion towards MuvLuv, and part fanservice for Akane fans, with ten times the otaku flair. The title says it all.

Spoiler:

Moreover, it seems to me that Gouda is really meant to be the hyperactive idiot that he is. (Like he says, "My brain was developed when I was playing baseball.." which is, truth be told, one of the funniest lines I've heard in a long time. ) In a way, his attitude is also meant to contradict and at the same time, heighten Akane's predicament. With her sense of depression nearing its lowest, who knows? Maybe it'll take someone who's uber optimistic and clueless like Gouda to stir her up in the end.

On the downside, I also wish that Akane Maniax stay a bit more faithful to KGNE in terms of seriousness and overall atmosphere. The ending of KGNE, though good on its own is in a sense, also lacking. Akane's thoughts are particularly interesting and it's a bit of a disappointment that they can be easily overshadowed by Gouda's wild imagination.

Spoiler:

All in all, I have to say that I was actually satisfied with episode 1 and I'll definitely be waiting for the next one to arrive. And who wouldn't want to with cool teachers like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
I worship the ground Meiya walks on
Dude, you're not the only one. Want to start some "Meiya rules the Earth" fanclub?

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-12-01 at 02:59.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 03:32   Link #72
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

what the heck is "Akane Maniax"?

Officially, the title is "Akane Maniax~Nagareboshi Densetsu Gouda~" (Akane Maniax~Gouda, the Legend of the Shooting Star~).

"Akane Maniax" was originally a fan disc that was released by age as an comical "after-story" for "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien." This game also served as a dual puropose in introducing several characters from age's upcoming ero-game "MuvLuv." The game is divided into five chapters.

"Akane Maniax" was first released as an extra in several issues of TechGian magazine (TechGian is a magazine that focuses on PC-games) CD-ROM inserts:
TechGian Sep 2001 issue: Chapter One
TechGian Oct 2001 issue: Chapter Two
TechGian Nov 2001 issue: Chapter Three
TechGian Dec 2001 issue: Chapter Four
TechGian Jan 2002 issue: Chapter Five (end)
Since these were originally put in as extras for a magazine CD-ROM inserts, there were no voices in this version.

Few months later, age released the compiled full-voice version of this game. However, you needed to join age's fan-club to be able to buy this game in its complete format. We were shocked and applauded age for using major name seiyuus (leaving aside Uehara Tomomi = Mizuhashi Kaori) such as Seki Tomokazu and Ueda Yuuji (both not using any pseudonym at all) for characters in this game. It's not everyday you hear Seki-san saying "Akane-tan ha-ha-."

In sharp contrast to "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien," you play the role of a nekketsu-baka (stereotypical hot-blooded sports type dude) named Gouda Jouji who is a transfer student to Hakuryo Hiiragi. Gouda instantaneously falls in love with Akane-tan. Of course, poor Akane-tan is still reeling from a relationship that went down the shit hole between her elder sister Haruka and the hetare Takayuki. Aside from that, the comical nature of Gouda trying to grab attention of Akane-tan is somewhat heartwarming as you see Akane-tan little-by-little opening herself up once again to what she used to be before all the crap that happened.

All in the meanwhile, we are also introduced to several characters from the upcoming "MuvLuv" which is a continuation of the "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien" world. Characters include:

Kouduki Yuuko: the psychotic physics teacher (also happens to be the sister of Haruka's doctor from "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien")
Jinguuji Marimo: Yuuko's rival teacher (think Yukari vs Nyamo from "Azumanga Daioh!")
Sakaki Chiduru: Akane's friend, member of the Lacrosse team, and stereotypical class president
Ayamine Kei: the lone-wolf Kei
Tamase Miki: class mascot
Yoroi Mikoto: GAIA!!! The great prophet of Mother Earth!!! (according to Gouda)

....and
Kagami Sumika: main heroine of MuvLuv

What is "MuvLuv"

One of the most anticipated games for 2003 was age's next game "MuvLuv." Highly anticipated as:

A. It still revolved around Hakuryo Hiiragi...while not a sequel to "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien," the story takes stage in the same world and area
B. The characters that were introduced in "Akane Maniax" were interesting
C. "MuvLuv Preview" was highly praised as a pinnacle in ero-gaming system

"MuvLuv" was released in February of 2003 with record sales (only to be topped a year later by "Fate/stay night.")

Once again, in sharp contrast to "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien," this time you actually control a character that you don't pity yourself for playing - Shirogane Takeru (trust me, playing several hours as the hetare Takayuki is very irritating at your end as well). His voice is done by none other than Hoshi Souichirou (of Kira Yamato fame in "GundamSEED"), using a pseudonym of course.

In addition to the characters introduced in "Akane Maniax," you have one additional female character - the lovely Mitsurugi Meiya-tan.

How each of the character roles plays along with Takeru-chan:
Kagami Sumika: childhood friend, neighbor, and classmate of Takeru-chan
Mitsurugi Meiya: extremely rich, sudden wife and classmate of Takeru
Sakaki Chiduru: class president and classmate of Takeru
Ayamine Kei: lone-wolf and classmate of Takeru
Tamase Miki: class mascot and classmate of Takeru

Basically, "MuvLuv" was what age advertised as...."A VERY STEREOTYPICAL SCHOOL LIFE ROMANCE GAME."

Spoiler:

Somehow the two parts relate to each other. Unfortunately, the game was released as unfinished in its entireity due to time contraints.

Therefore, we are currently eagerly awaiting for "MuvLuv Alternative" which is scheduled for a release date of April 2005 (read: basically don't expect this to be released until mid July 2005). This is the additional part of "MuvLuv" that couldn't be finished which will fill in the gap on the mystery to tie the two parts together...

And before you ask: "Is there a translated version/English patch for this game"

Most likely not.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 03:47   Link #73
Takemi_Ikazuchi

>> Kouduki Yuuko: the psychotic physics teacher (also happens to be the sister of Haruka's doctor from "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien")

Okaa-san!!!

>> Sakaki Chiduru: Akane's friend, member of the Lacrosse team, and stereotypical class president

Stop acting chumy with me!! Don't call me Chizuru!!!

>> Ayamine Kei: the lone-wolf Kei

Psychic girl!!!

>> Tamase Miki: class mascot

Foreign exchange student!!!

>>....and Kagami Sumika: main heroine of MuvLuv

RED FUHRER!!!!
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 03:48   Link #74
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun

I dunno what should i say regarding this anime...

It really IS a 180 degree turn with the KGNE that i know, I really like KGNE and hook by it even now. I've only watch KGNE once and I couldn't bear myself to watch it again. It really IS a great anime and I really love the feelings that it left me.

But, finally the nightmare come... Akane Maniax really give me a headache... and i was cursing Gouda for making a appearance in the anime for 25:46 playing time ever since Gouda makes the appearance.
Somehow it reminds me of the old anime which i hardly remember the name of it... is it Getter Robot or is it not?

The only thing that bring me to watch this anime is because I'm once a KGNE fan... poor Akane, watching this anime reminds me of the sad feeling back then when i watch the real KGNE... sob... sob... T_T

It would be nice, in my liking that Gouda should make any appearance at all... and what the hell? Since when Mecha came into the plot?? O_O
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 10:46   Link #75
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

they really refined the drawing for Akane a lot! she looks so much more pretty now than Kiminozo, and more mature looking too.

i also see what some of you guys said about Gouda's drawing... he has thicker outlines than the rest hahaaa its like some vintage anime style dropped into the mix. though the huge robot fits him more this way... then again, the robot has no meaningful relation also

i was hoping for a theme more like kiminozo but i find this OAV pretty good and enjoyable nonetheless. highly recommend!
Kayoubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 11:35   Link #76
roan

n Umeda-sensei, no Takeo, no Okaa-san
_| ̄|○

stll a good transition though.
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 12:54   Link #77
Yuiichi
Retired.

HRmm... Akane Maniax is actually really random. Some people say that they like Gouda better than Takayuki, because he is more decisive and assertive. I find he is too much of a daydreamer. I mean, he's dreaming of a mech when Akane and him are on the hill. At least Takayuki doesn't have his head in the clouds.

The carefree attitude of the series is a sort of a breath of fresh air from all the other more "serious" animes that i watch.

A random question: Does anyone have any Akane Maniax wallpapers?
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 12:58   Link #78
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Just watched the first ep. That Gouda cat is crazy.

Anyway seems funny enough, I'll prolly continue to watch. Oh and Akane is hot as ever!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 13:19   Link #79
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

There's definitely one good thing about Gouda over Takayuki, that if you think Gouda is a pain in your ass then you can beat the crap out of him and kick him out of the door and you'll feel much better, he's at most a short-lived pain. While when you are suffering because of Takayuki's utter incompetence, he'll be so angsty himself that he'll drag you down into the abyss of angst with him, and make you suffer even more that it'd be too painful to even beat him, and leave you unhappy even years after and not able to recover from it. That is, until you meet someone like Gouda to cheer you up
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 14:53   Link #80
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
There's definitely one good thing about Gouda over Takayuki, that if you think Gouda is a pain in your ass then you can beat the crap out of him and kick him out of the door and you'll feel much better, he's at most a short-lived pain. While when you are suffering because of Takayuki's utter incompetence, he'll be so angsty himself that he'll drag you down into the abyss of angst with him, and make you suffer even more that it'd be too painful to even beat him, and leave you unhappy even years after and not able to recover from it. That is, until you meet someone like Gouda to cheer you up
[/ignore]

I must admit, though, that "plasma catapult" thing he used to destroy the...lion bomber thing (in his feverish fantasies) was pretty damn cool.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
âge, comedy, ova, romance, seinen