AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-07, 05:48   Link #1081
matrixhazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhhuywiki View Post
Again & Again , Why there is no Kagari (Man... Seriously, is she really the heroine of the True End route? Her works is so little compared to others)

BTW, did anyone hear that the production studio of Little Busters! Anime is J.C. Staff. I think this is the biggest & epic failure that Key has ever done.

Last edited by matrixhazard; 2012-04-07 at 06:00.
matrixhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 23:23   Link #1082
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhazard View Post
I hope we will be able to face against her "Dere" side again.

That side of her almost killed me when I played her route in the main game. I remember clearly how lovely of her in the dating scene. For me, Lucia might be the most "Kawaii-Tsundere" that I have ever faced.
Same, I will seriously rage if her route is all about angst, I got really tired of that in the first go of her route. With HF being advertised as having all this harvesting and festivaling :P I thought for sure we'd get to see the characters in a different type of route that focused on romance and comedy.
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=724608 Miniscule detail, but Battle is listed as a "Genre" so despite all the pics marriage, pool going and school-life, maybe they plan to make epic battles a focus of the game again, maybe even the primary focus? I hope not.

http://twitter.com/#!/Key_RewriteHf Their twitter page has a picture of Kotori with her fist clenched near her chest... Whenever I look at it I can't help but think this is a pic of when Kotarou proposes to her :P.

Quote:
Hope there are colored versions soon, and they don't give out sketches!

Quote:
Again & Again , Why there is no Kagari (Man... Seriously, is she really the heroine of the True End route? Her works is so little compared to others)

BTW, did anyone hear that the production studio of Little Busters! Anime is J.C. Staff. I think this is the biggest & epic failure that Key has ever done.
Hmm looks like they did the top 4 from the character poll contest, with Akane the winner getting two. I'm sure there'll be some sort of pre-order bonus with new Kagari art coming up though.

I was shocked when I heard the news about J.C. Staff animating LB. Lots of people were expecting P.A. or White Fox if not Kyoani, I would have been happier to hear A-1 or even AIC. Something is better than nothing though. I think I'll enjoy the show, but I don't expect it to be a masterpiece or anything like Kyoani's works.

This is harsh to say, but if it's really bad, there's a chance for a re-make, lol. But now that the shock has worn off a little, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing it a little bit. So I can kind of say I don't want it to be THAT bad. I know it's not the best choice of a studio, but just getting to see the beloved characters animated and speaking is going to be interesting.

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-04-07 at 23:33.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 01:08   Link #1083
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Ceral, Little Busters! anime talk should probably head to another avenue of discussion
Old 2012-04-20, 07:04   Link #1084
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Update Rewrite Hf official website: http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/rewrite_hf/
minhhuywiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 18:35   Link #1085
Balzac
Assistant Professor

...Why is Chihaya still not wearing the Kazamatsuri uniform?
Old 2012-04-20, 19:19   Link #1086
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so, is this VN good, bad, in between?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 00:18   Link #1087
Balzac
Assistant Professor

In terms of what: its story, as a visual novel by itself, as a "Key" visual novel, etc.?
Old 2012-04-21, 00:37   Link #1088
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Overall. is it meeting the hype?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 00:47   Link #1089
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I am unaware of any current hype of the almost one-year old game, but if one were to talk about it being a Key game, then it's a very different experience. Whether or not the final product is anyone's cup of tea is dependent on:

1. Does one like overarching "plots" that involve worldwide conspiracies in the stories?
2. Can one stomach Ryukishi07 style writing?
3. Can one bear that despite being a game made by Key, Rewrite feels nothing like a Key game?

When it came out, there was certainly varying degrees of reactions to the changes, ranging from dislike and appreciation.
But the pluses are also as many as the minuses in this game. Unsatisfactory stories aside, there are memorable characters, fun moments in the Common route and impactful heroine routes (for some characters). Some liked Akane's route so much, some Kotori's. See Ceral up there? He and a few other folks found the Lucia route mostly cavity-inducing with its sweetness.
Overall, as a Key game, it's one step below Clannad and on par with the rest.

*is reminded about the overall ending, and goes to beat up a dog*
Old 2012-04-21, 05:16   Link #1090
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
See Ceral up there? He and a few other folks found the Lucia route mostly cavity-inducing with its sweetness.
I did too
Spoiler for Lucia route:

I only read Kotori, Lucia and half Chihaya (waiting for Amaterasu translation since I don't have much time to read now anyway), but I've been enjoying the game so far. It had fun moments, sad moments, and since I only ever played Clannad from Key, I didn't expect much of a "Key game", knowing full well that would be a shonen-ish story with many different writers.
So yeah, I'm liking it.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 08:00   Link #1091
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I am unaware of any current hype of the almost one-year old game,
Well, us English speakers are watching the Amaterasu translations closely, so there exists hype among us here, though probably not so much among those who understand [enough] Japanese.
Old 2012-04-21, 15:24   Link #1092
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Well, its story has many twists and turns, but it's logical - not too abrupt in shift. All things considered, if you don't read too much into the true ending, it has a satisfying conclusion. It has many fun and memorable moments to remember, although strangely enough they were almost all in the common route. I am hoping the translators are able to preserve the numerous word puns scattered throughout the game - some of those were a delight to discover once one looked at the kanji a second time.

In the meantime, Akane-sama banzai! Looking forward to Harvest festa

EDIT: To clarify, I classify "Key game" as "one which brings readers to tears or close to the point". Saying thus, Rewrite does not fall into that criteria.

Last edited by Balzac; 2012-04-22 at 06:33. Reason: clarification
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 23:13   Link #1093
matrixhazard

Quote:
EDIT: To clarify, I classify "Key game" as "one which brings readers to tears or close to the point". Saying thus, Rewrite does not fall into that criteria.
Well, My tears just came out a lot by themselves when I reached to "Sunflower Field Scene" in Lucia Route(Seriously, BGM - Itsuwaranai Kimi E really fit this scene), probably the saddest moment for me in the entire game story. (That's one reason I really love her route. At least Lucia's "Dere" side is seriously lovely )
matrixhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 23:55   Link #1094
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Can one stomach Ryukishi07 style writing?
LOL XD yeah very hard to do sometimes, reading game 7 of Umineko.

My Japanese isn't very good to play the entire game, so I too await the translation
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 04:30   Link #1095
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

http://center.vnkeyfanclub.com/blog/...B%A7a-rewrite/

I collected all art-style of OP2 animation, click a thumbnail to see the full size picture. Sorry, I wrote in Vietnamese - my language and website (Vietnam Keyfancenter).
Old 2012-04-23, 07:44   Link #1096
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I would rather say that "can people expect things news from Ryukishi storytelling" since themes and devices used in Lucia's route are quite familiar. That being said, non fans and fans alike were unanimously surprised and taken offguard by the turn of events in Lucia's route (particularly the date).
However, I dare say his writing style is simple, albeit misleading for obvious reasons.

Problematic writing style would rather be put on Tanaka: whilst Kotori's was fairly conventional, I frankly still have issue with how Tanaka lead Akane's route. Of course, that's coming from a non native reader, but still, there are glaring points regarding his style compared to the other 2 scenarists.
Old 2012-04-23, 14:24   Link #1097
Balzac
Assistant Professor

That's interesting to hear. For me, Lucia's route was the bigger surprise (having only read one of Ryukishi's works) compared to Tanaka, considering his way of writing caught me off-guard for the first half of the route. And I have to say, I found Tanaka's quite straight-forward to read actually. (And his Kotarou was fun to read, I believe it's only in the routes under his supervision that has the constant endless soliloquy coming from the character) Impressions do really differ.
Old 2012-04-27, 19:44   Link #1098
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Dengeki G's issue June 2012: http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6f4624d3gw1dseo376l8kj.jpg
So...
Old 2012-04-28, 04:40   Link #1099
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Oh my—
...Please, oh please tell me this fandisc isn't going to have H-scenes. That pic doesn't exactly scream "all ages" to me.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 19:53   Link #1100
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
OIOIOIOI... Seems like something they should have saved for an after story. Kind of anti-climatic showing that since this is all-ages . Seems like Ryukishi07 has a career as a eroge author in his future :P.

Well now, two of the images with Lucia involve her being pretty intimate with Koutarou, so I wonder just what kind of main theme they have for her story. Seems like they got a lot in store for her route! And lots of new developments! Can't complain about that. I want to read it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
so, is this VN good, bad, in between?
It's different. Opinions differ and the routes themselves vary greatly. All I can say is that it's a very high quality VN. One that has it's memorable moments and will be talked about.

For me, I was glued to this VN except for Akane and the Finale routes, which I had to force myself to read. For me, I think there were two distinct styles of writing for Tanaka, one style that reads like a "Bishoujo game" and one that read like a "Regular novel". I liked his writing when he wrote scenes relating to the heroines but when he wrote about secret organizations and saving the world, I dunno... I'm sure part of it was me wanting more bishoujo and hating the fact I was being forced to read about things like
Spoiler for Terra:
in what I thought was fundamentally a bishoujo game. Even so, generally I like saving the world type of RPGs and anime as well, so I think this aspect was just not told in a way to feel truly epic and instead it felt contrived.

Quote:

1. Does one like overarching "plots" that involve worldwide conspiracies in the stories?
Ryukishi07's writing is only for one route, the main scenario and three routes as well as the common route was written by Romeo Tanaka, so enjoying Tanaka's writing is far more important as far as getting a good overall impression of the game goes.

To elaborate, I think being able to enjoy the heroine-centric parts and being able to handle the transitions to the over-arching plot line that Tanaka writes about is paramount to thinking the game is great. (But perhaps I shouldn't speak for about that, someone who thinks the entire game is amazing can, because like Balzac implies, I thought the finale was painful to read )

Quote:
Well, My tears just came out a lot by themselves when I reached to "Sunflower Field Scene" in Lucia Route(Seriously, BGM - Itsuwaranai Kimi E really fit this scene), probably the saddest moment for me in the entire game story. (That's one reason I really love her route. At least Lucia's "Dere" side is seriously lovely )

Spoiler for Kotori & Chihaya:

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-05-01 at 20:05. Reason: Added in reply to Matrixhazard
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel