AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-08-13, 07:10   Link #81
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrip View Post
I'm actually doing the date thingy too :P. Helps to keep track of improvement.

http://deathripi.deviantart.com/art/...rd-O-379944832
This would be 3 weeks into drawing

Please dont mind that arm. I only realized how bad it is after finishing the whole thing :_:
Hmm...before I started drawing fanart, I spent around a month running through anime drawing tutorials. In which I also used to time to get used to drawing with a tablet on the computer. The first few times I drew I also followed tutorials. Maybe you could look up some tutorials on Deviantart to polish your basics as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Do you accept requests? It would benefit either party (you get practice and they get drawings xD)
I still don't take requests. Sorry about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So wait, that image shows how much your drawings improved over the course of one year? If so that's some incredible progression.
As Kimidori said, that is not my improvement. Sorry for the confusion! While I made some improvements since I started, its not nearly as impressive as what that illustrator did in that picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
Your coloring is getting really good. Incredible progress in such a short amount of time. I think you should definitely work on anatomy more now if you're looking to start working on something else. It'd pay off a lot.
Thank you very much! Working on anatomy and perspective is pretty much what I'm doing these days. Hopefully I can draw nicer looking people in the future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

Nothing of much significance. The little spare time I have are dedicated to quietly practicing drawing. In the meantime, here's a schoolgirl:

/
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 11:41   Link #82
Assort Dis

Oh wow! Even though this one looks like a sketch, it clearly shows your big improvement in anatomy and proportion. The hands, which were your big weakness, are pretty much spot on even considering the perspective. Honestly, I can't find any fault here

I especially like the way you color her skirt and the plastic bag. The way you show those stuffs inside the bag is a really nice addition. Your practice is paying off!
Old 2013-08-13, 18:08   Link #83
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

I agree that this one is already showing much improvement in terms of body shape and proportions that's very quick for a change.

Looks like you're also trying a new coloring style which is good. I like the soft feeling that it gives.
Old 2013-08-13, 19:03   Link #84
Seitsuki
Onee!

Water brush?

What do you set your blend/opacity at? Every time I try the colours just don't mix properly.

Also yes, lineart improvement = pure hax.
Old 2013-08-14, 06:19   Link #85
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
Oh wow! Even though this one looks like a sketch, it clearly shows your big improvement in anatomy and proportion. The hands, which were your big weakness, are pretty much spot on even considering the perspective. Honestly, I can't find any fault here

I especially like the way you color her skirt and the plastic bag. The way you show those stuffs inside the bag is a really nice addition. Your practice is paying off!
Thanks a lot! This practice picture took a lot longer than usual. I also poured over a lot of hand tutorials on Pixiv and reference images. It'll be a while before I can learn how to consistently draw like this. So I probably won't upload anything proper for a while.

I really should've drawn a green vegetable or something on the right side of that bag. As it is it looks like the orange fruit is floating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
I agree that this one is already showing much improvement in terms of body shape and proportions that's very quick for a change.

Looks like you're also trying a new coloring style which is good. I like the soft feeling that it gives.
Thank you. The "soft" feeling was probably because I used the blur tool a lot to keep the drawing from looking too rough and dirty. It'd be nice if I could incorporate softer shading in my future colorings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Water brush?

What do you set your blend/opacity at? Every time I try the colours just don't mix properly.

Also yes, lineart improvement = pure hax.
Just brush. This was my coloring brush settings for the above drawing:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2013-08-14 at 17:50.
Old 2013-08-14, 09:07   Link #86
Reverzer0
Sleeping

Cool colorization", How long do you color one drawing?
Old 2013-08-14, 23:10   Link #87
RobotCat
In a Box

It's great that you started your anatomy practice already. The way you did the eyes was great. I also like the softer approach you took to coloring. to I did a quick readline of some of the major issues I see with your anatomy.

Her shoulders are scrounged up in an impossible pose. Her clavicles should be relatively flat at the angle she's holding her arms, so you should use that as a guide to draw where the shoulders should be. In order for her shoulders to be where you originally drew them, she'd have had to raise her arms much higher.

On her upper arm, don't forget the biceps. That means that even for someone who is really thing, her upper arms should be thicker in the middle than at the point where it connects with her fore arm. On her forearm, be careful of how you draw the curvature. The Brachioradialis muscle on top of the forearm is mostly concentrated towards the middle of her arm and tapers off into the much thinner wrists. Also, watch out for the forearm length. In general, the forearm to knuckle distance should be not be much longer than the length of the upper arm.

On the arm that's farther from us, make sure to watch how you angle the arm towards the hand. The thumb's side of the palm extends outwards a bit more, whereas the pink side of the wrist only a bit wider than the wrist. Another thing to watch out for is that when the fingers are enclosed, they actually all director towards the center of the palm, as opposed to parallel like how you originally had it.

I couldn't really tell if the line in her abdomen is supposed to be her belly button or not, but if it is, it's sitting way too high. Finally, her leg closer to us is much larger than the one away from us. They're not far apart enough to be discernibly different unless you're going for some extreme angle with curvature POV or if the legs are turned differently like in more extreme athletic poses.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 01:14   Link #88
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverzer0 View Post
Cool colorization", How long do you color one drawing?
The above picture took around 2 hours. My more comprehensive coloring works takes over 10 hours.
Thanks for commenting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
It's great that you started your anatomy practice already. The way you did the eyes was great. I also like the softer approach you took to coloring. to I did a quick readline of some of the major issues I see with your anatomy.
I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my drawings! I'm fairly ignorant on anatomy so its great to have pointers from someone who seems to have it together. Thank you.

On shoulders: Its been a long time habit of my to "lift" the shoulders higher than they should be, as having more defined shoulders helped me to better layout the upper body when I had to draw a character from an difficult angle. I'll work on lowering the shoulders and having more defined clavicles.

On arms: I agree with most of what you said about the right arm, and will work on defining the muscles on the forearm. The left forearm you revised seems to be a bit small relative to the left hand though. I'd probably have make it a bit thicker as the forearm is supposed to be turned in towards the viewer. I'll work on how the fingers are supposed to be angled, thanks.

On belly button:
The belly button thing was really stupid on my part. I just decided to add one without putting any thought into it. Thanks for pointing it out.

On legs:
Will take note of the leg size, thanks.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2013-08-16, 20:36   Link #89
Bila
*Graphic Designer

What great works you have here, it's is always great see people improving on drawing ~
Plus your coloring is really good, keep up with the good job, you just need to practice at hands and feet a little bit more. And some anatomy, try looking at some people's moviments and photos, it really helps

Congratulations!
Old 2013-08-30, 19:53   Link #90
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bila View Post
What great works you have here, it's is always great see people improving on drawing ~
Plus your coloring is really good, keep up with the good job, you just need to practice at hands and feet a little bit more. And some anatomy, try looking at some people's moviments and photos, it really helps

Congratulations!
Thank you for your kind words! At this point in time hands and feet continue to be my weakness. I will study diligently so I can draw beautiful hands and feet in the future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
This one is a bit of a mess in many ways. Oh well.

Umi and Eri:
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2013-08-30, 21:58   Link #91
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
More Love Live! Yay!

You're really good at drawing the Love Live! girls. Eri's face and ponytail is extremely well-done. Umi in pretty well-done in general. Her eyes/face look slightly off (the face is maybe a bit too angular), but her body from the neck down looks very accurate and well-drawn. Your clothing choices for both girls is fine, and I think Umi's attire is straight out of the anime. Both girls' hands look pretty good, as does where they're holding hands.

Now, some slight critiques:

1. It's no big deal, since even the actual anime shows have characters suffering from this sometimes, but your chins continue to be a bit too pointy. Eri's face looks slightly rounder/fuller than Umi's which is probably why this particularly stands out for Umi.

2. Eri's legs are fine, but between the neck and the waist she looks a bit frail. A bit overly thin. Eri's a very solid, full-bodied girl.

3. Part of the picture I don't get. It's in the bottom left-hand corner, just below the bottom of Umi's shirt, and to the left of her skirt. I don't get what that is. Is Umi sitting on something? Is that actually Umi's butt? Is it supposed to be Eri's other knee? Whatever it is, it looks a bit weird to me.

And... that's it! Other than these minor issues, great work on this! You do really nice work with the Love Live! girls.
Old 2013-08-31, 10:18   Link #92
Assort Dis

Been a long time since your last update and it seems you really have been practicing diligently with drawing hands. Hand clasping is quite a high level IMO

I don't know if it's just me but Umi's left arm looks a bit weird with how its joint work when it wrap around Eri's neck

As for that thing under Umi's skirt, I'm assuming it's Eri's right leg. If it is then I don't think that part of her leg should be there

Overall, nice job. I really like how their hand clasping together there. You just keep getting better and better
Old 2013-09-01, 10:21   Link #93
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
More Love Live! Yay!

You're really good at drawing the Love Live! girls. Eri's face and ponytail is extremely well-done. Umi in pretty well-done in general. Her eyes/face look slightly off (the face is maybe a bit too angular), but her body from the neck down looks very accurate and well-drawn. Your clothing choices for both girls is fine, and I think Umi's attire is straight out of the anime. Both girls' hands look pretty good, as does where they're holding hands.

Now, some slight critiques:

1. It's no big deal, since even the actual anime shows have characters suffering from this sometimes, but your chins continue to be a bit too pointy. Eri's face looks slightly rounder/fuller than Umi's which is probably why this particularly stands out for Umi.

2. Eri's legs are fine, but between the neck and the waist she looks a bit frail. A bit overly thin. Eri's a very solid, full-bodied girl.

3. Part of the picture I don't get. It's in the bottom left-hand corner, just below the bottom of Umi's shirt, and to the left of her skirt. I don't get what that is. Is Umi sitting on something? Is that actually Umi's butt? Is it supposed to be Eri's other knee? Whatever it is, it looks a bit weird to me.

And... that's it! Other than these minor issues, great work on this! You do really nice work with the Love Live! girls.
Thank you. I think I drew Eri better than Umi in this picture as well. It's the first time I drew cleavage so I think I got a bit overly excited drawing her.

1. I didn't quite get what you meant before but I think I do now. You could slice onions with Umi's chins. Will try to make them less pointy next time.

2. This may be tough. I think it says something that Eri's body is arguably the biggest and most mature one I've drawn so far.

3. I intended it to be Eri's other knee. I think I shouldn't have draped so much of Umi's shirt onto the knee.

I think I'd like to eventually draw all the Love Live! girls at least once. Their character designs are all fun, vibrant and colorful, and the characters are easy to ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
Been a long time since your last update and it seems you really have been practicing diligently with drawing hands. Hand clasping is quite a high level IMO

I don't know if it's just me but Umi's left arm looks a bit weird with how its joint work when it wrap around Eri's neck

As for that thing under Umi's skirt, I'm assuming it's Eri's right leg. If it is then I don't think that part of her leg should be there

Overall, nice job. I really like how their hand clasping together there. You just keep getting better and better
I obviously still have a long way to go, but it's great, the feeling of accomplishment when the hands I drew don't look like it belongs to some other animal.

Umi's left arm, and also her incomplete skirt are stuff I should've noticed and fixed before I uploaded the picture onto the net. Will fix in the upcoming Blu-ray release.

I drew Eri first before putting Umi in. Without Umi I thought that knee looked perfectly fine. I don't know what happened.

Thank you for commenting as always. I'd like to draw all kinds of hand-holding/clasping in the future.
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2013-09-01 at 10:47.
Old 2013-09-01, 12:40   Link #94
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Saw your pic in pixiv few days ago and I'm late coming here

This is big improvement IMO. Your training really shows its result very quickly.

As the other said, the hands are very well-done. If I were to draw the hands holding each other like that, I believe it'd be very difficult, especially how to get the fingers in the right size and length... I think you did better than I could
The pose of the characters is also difficult to do IMO. Drawing one character is already quite a hard work, let alone adding one more and give them an interaction. Usually our work will get focused on only one character. But you did it very well too.

Now for the problems...
Quote:
I drew Eri first before putting Umi in. Without Umi I thought that knee looked perfectly fine. I don't know what happened.
I think it's probably because of the contour. Eli's right knee is very in-line with Umi's waist. To be honest I also mistaken it for Umi's butt I think you could solve it by positioning Eli's knee wider. Umi's butt curve needs to be smoothen too IMO. Make it rounder since I believe the skirt should be more tight-fitting around that area in that position.

Eli's hip curve could also use some improvement IMO. It feels a bit disconnected from her waist. If we're following the curve from her waist to the hip, it feels that it suddenly bulged. Too rounded, if I may say.

Umi's ankle should be made smaller too IMO.

Is it only me or you're also trying new coloring method? it feels more "wet" than usual, especially around the leg area. Kind of like painting style the shade below her left knee should be only on the left part IMO and place it lower (from our view) since the most of the knee is facing down so the shade of the right part of the knee shouldn't be that visible.

I think that's all I can say for now. If I may seem to comment much more than usual, it's because you're improving vastly with anatomy so I think it's better to point out some things that need improvements in order to balance the things you already did well.

Will be waiting for your next drawings then. Since you're planning to draw all Love Live! characters, naturally I want to see your take on Hanayo.
Old 2013-09-02, 22:04   Link #95
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Saw your pic in pixiv few days ago and I'm late coming here

This is big improvement IMO. Your training really shows its result very quickly.

As the other said, the hands are very well-done. If I were to draw the hands holding each other like that, I believe it'd be very difficult, especially how to get the fingers in the right size and length... I think you did better than I could
The pose of the characters is also difficult to do IMO. Drawing one character is already quite a hard work, let alone adding one more and give them an interaction. Usually our work will get focused on only one character. But you did it very well too.
Thank you. More than their pose, for some reason I had a very hard time getting their faces right, especially for Umi. Just getting her eyes to stare at Eri took hours of erasing and redrawing. With hands, I think I'm starting to grasp the size the palm should be. The fingers and the way they should bend are a problem for me right now, so I'll try to do something about it in the future.

I really love illustrations where lots and lots of girls are interacting together at the same time (some of Atsushi Nishigori's illustrations for The Idolm@ster are seriously amazing). While right now the limit for me is probably two characters in a single drawing, I'd love to get to a point when I can put five or more people into a single drawing someday.

Quote:
I think it's probably because of the contour. Eli's right knee is very in-line with Umi's waist. To be honest I also mistaken it for Umi's butt I think you could solve it by positioning Eli's knee wider. Umi's butt curve needs to be smoothen too IMO. Make it rounder since I believe the skirt should be more tight-fitting around that area in that position.

Eli's hip curve could also use some improvement IMO. It feels a bit disconnected from her waist. If we're following the curve from her waist to the hip, it feels that it suddenly bulged. Too rounded, if I may say.

Umi's ankle should be made smaller too IMO.

Is it only me or you're also trying new coloring method? it feels more "wet" than usual, especially around the leg area. Kind of like painting style the shade below her left knee should be only on the left part IMO and place it lower (from our view) since the most of the knee is facing down so the shade of the right part of the knee shouldn't be that visible.

I think that's all I can say for now. If I may seem to comment much more than usual, it's because you're improving vastly with anatomy so I think it's better to point out some things that need improvements in order to balance the things you already did well.

Will be waiting for your next drawings then. Since you're planning to draw all Love Live! characters, naturally I want to see your take on Hanayo.
I'm really happy you're welling to comment this much on my works. Thank you!

I see what you mean with how Umi's backline seems to connect seamlessly to Eri's knee. The skirt as well, I drew it all fluttery instead of tight because I was concerned with it looking like Umi too was wearing hot-pants.

Noted about Eri's hip and Umi's ankle. Eri's bottom looks a bit big now that I had a second look at it, and the size of the ankle was hard to decide for me at that angle so I just went with what I felt looked okay.

Noted about the shading on Eri's left knee. For this drawing, I wanted to try coloring sexier skin and so consulted several drawings from visual novel illustrators. So yeah, those legs IMO turned out a bit lewder than I expected it to.

And my next drawing is probably not Love Live! related, so it may be a while before Hanayo shows up.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2013-09-03, 08:11   Link #96
Seitsuki
Onee!

Sheesh, I might have to start nabbing your pics for my reference folder as well now. How are you getting so much better so fast q_q

Pretty much everything's been said, so I'll just try add a bit:

-Black haired girl's (no I don't watch this show ^^ left arm seems to be doing some freaky things (the forearm in particular looks almost curved)
-Her left calf too seems a bit oddly shaped, closer to a ( than a S. Tone should be concentrated in the top half, unless it's a really muscly leg.
-Blondie's wrist is scarily thin. Hands are great though, and that's pretty much the show for that part of the body.
Old 2013-09-19, 06:11   Link #97
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Sheesh, I might have to start nabbing your pics for my reference folder as well now. How are you getting so much better so fast q_q

Pretty much everything's been said, so I'll just try add a bit:

-Black haired girl's (no I don't watch this show ^^ left arm seems to be doing some freaky things (the forearm in particular looks almost curved)
-Her left calf too seems a bit oddly shaped, closer to a ( than a S. Tone should be concentrated in the top half, unless it's a really muscly leg.
-Blondie's wrist is scarily thin. Hands are great though, and that's pretty much the show for that part of the body.
Thanks a lot. I'll work hard so one day something of mine will end up in that folder.
Noted about the calf and the left arm. The wrist thing is something of a head-scratcher for me because the size changes depending on which way the hand is facing and I haven't quite gotten it all figured out yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Maids! Momo and Hibiya. (Click to enlarge)
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2013-09-19, 06:56   Link #98
Seitsuki
Onee!

My first reaction: shota. SHOTA. SHOTA. Sorry, had to be said. Still hot.

Blond girl:
-Left forearm is considerably thicker than upper arm.
-Shoulders seem a bit 'flat'. Left shoulder also seems oddly raised, considering she's pulling at someone behind her.
-Left leg: I'm pretty sure bones don't bend that way
-Left foot: Perspective wise it's the same size as the guy's, which makes the leg seem quite a bit longer than it probably should.
-The lineart probably lines up perfectly fine, but with clothes the torso seems rather extended and the legs misaligned.

No complaints about the adorable delicious goddamn.
Old 2013-09-20, 00:28   Link #99
Assort Dis

Cute faces and nice expression on both of them . At this point, I seriously no longer have any complaint with your hands.

I have same issues as Seitsuki. Plus a few things:
- The girl's breasts feel like they are drooping down unnaturally.
- I think the blonde girl's left leg is too curvy which makes it look weird.
Old 2013-09-20, 01:17   Link #100
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Yeah, the blonde's left leg is the sole major issue. It has a plastic-man thing going on.

Other than that, it's a very nicely-drawn and colored picture. I particularly like the hair and facial expression on the blonde girl. Very, very cute.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-09-20 at 01:28.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote