AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 21.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.74%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-13, 21:59   Link #221
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxnom View Post
Are you sure?
Spoiler:

I'm speechless . Sunrise actually did it.
Can anyone give a more accurate translation of what OS-tan's saying in the dialogue box?
I know there's English text below, but it all sounds kinda clunky.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:03   Link #222
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
L-Elf knew it was getting worse so he most likely did know that something would happen hence why he abandon Haruto to it for now and used the election as an excuse to stay away. This way Haruto will come to rely heavily on L-Elf more as L-Elf can control him better than any other when he tries to go Vampire against his will.

Though I don't think L-Elf knew that Haruto's urge to bite would change to wanting to have sex. So leaving Haruto alone has effectively given him Shoko to control as well as she will be absolutely destroyed when she learns of this and Haruto breaking her heart again when he rejects her confession.
I'm sure there's no way L-elf didn't know that something sexual would happen considering he saw what OS-tan said in the beginning of the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
They thought Haruto would ultimately try to kill someone or force body-switching on them (Not really sure why they thought it would be so simple). Nobody expected him to need to have sex with someone.

As it turned out she was ultimately the one who it ended up happening to, and while it may have been disappointing I doubt she was wholly bothered by it. She was already prepared to act as Haruto's victim. She already had a great interest in him (and had made out with him before against his will). It wasn't ideal, but she was obviously willing to accept the situation as a part of this grand scheme. Mark my words, it wont be the last time this happens.

Edit: Also I guarantee the majority of you that if you turn this into a discussion about the dynamics of rape, it wont end well.
I hope it will. Scenes like this should only happen once to preserve the market value.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:12   Link #223
Destined_Fate

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. I guessing he had an idea that the biting was going to evolve into something else but that was it, rape most likely didn't cross his mind and it would be very hard for him to use Haruto if he raped someone and it became public knowledge.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:15   Link #224
whitecloud

Well...there is a possibility of this is happening again in the future...just to preserve the angst..."I did it again?" "it's not your fault" in which saki hurriedly shooing everyone away while she become a willing "sacrifice" while telling to other it's fine, it's just the usual attack
Old 2013-06-13, 22:20   Link #225
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Well...there is a possibility of this is happening again in the future...just to preserve the angst..."I did it again?" "it's not your fault" in which saki hurriedly shooing everyone away while she become a willing "sacrifice" while telling to other it's fine, it's just the usual attack
Happening again in the sense that Saki would allow him to do it to her again and again to keep him functioning (and to prevent him from doing it to other girls).

It's actually another throwback to vampires. Vampires often have their own personal servant that they suck their blood from so that they don't have to get it from strangers or otherwise. When you think about it, this show is keeping true to some of those vampire ideas in a rather strange way.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:23   Link #226
whitecloud

I wonder how she feel after the X time..if it ever happen
Old 2013-06-13, 22:25   Link #227
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I'm sure there's no way L-elf didn't know that something sexual would happen considering he saw what OS-tan said in the beginning of the episode.
I think you're grossly overestimating L-Elf's abilities. He isn't privy to the same information as the viewer and is obviously still learning new things about the Valvrave project.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:42   Link #228
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Preview for ep 11 is out, all I say is poor Saki
Old 2013-06-13, 22:43   Link #229
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Preview for ep 11 is out, all I say is poor Saki
where did you see it i can't find it?
Old 2013-06-13, 22:44   Link #230
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
where did you see it i can't find it?
In the speculation and spoiler thread.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:45   Link #231
omegasereon

Is the promise future rukino talked about the one she said she'll kill haruto?
Old 2013-06-13, 22:47   Link #232
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post

I guess that was a promise wasn't it? Huh... I kind of missed that...

Yeah... It probably is.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:47   Link #233
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Honestly, I'm not really sure how to feel about this, but I'd say it's pretty bad that right now there are a lot of people who seem ready to call you a heartless human being if you say you enjoyed this episode. Trying to argue that, even if wrong, whatever Haruto did wasn't entirely /his/ fault is about on the level of going straight to hell. And that's... well, I don't like it, I guess?

I know rape is a touchy subject in the west, more so than ever with how much media space feminism and what not has these days, but at the end of the day, this is a fictional story depicting things that happened to fictional characters. I'd say it's fine if you're mad that this is a "cheap way" of achieving a determined result - in this case, messing up the love triangle and forcing people to stick with others out of guilt instead of love and what not -, because, well, that's what it is. However, what I can't understand is why people only got mad about the cheap writing now. Aina's death, for instance, was about as cheap as it gets, and done for the sole purpose of having Blue VVV guy get into a cockpit.

Death is also a pretty significant thing, and while I'd say it's debatable whether or not rape is worse, given the person will have to keep on living, in the end they're just two plot devices the writers came up with. On a plot level, a Valvrave plot level, at least, I can definitely see how they could use this scene in order to make some interesting developments in the future. Which may or may not be in campy Valvrave fashion, because the show could definitely pull a tone shift and be 'fine' with it after what happened. So in that regard, I think it was a pretty interesting development.

And while we're at it, about Haruto, I really can't get behind the hate train he seems to get. He wasn't in control of himself, and not in a "I'm drunk way" where it's his "responsibility" that things got to the point they did. He's being basically controlled/influenced by an apparently evil A.I that turns kids into vampires in order to fight for some sort of objective unknown to us presently. In a way, he's yet another victim here, because knowing Haruto, he'll definitely try to make ammends for it. Does this make rape any less wrong? God, no, but the guy ain't exactly a rapist taking enjoyment out of this or doing it because of a situation where he's drunk or whatever.

So... yeah. I hope this won't get anyone mad, because just talking about rape these days is dangerous enough, but I am quite curious to see what they'll do with this. The setup itself, even if making use of something that is seen as 'wrong', could lead to intriguing things.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2013-06-13 at 23:00.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:47   Link #234
Destined_Fate

Feminism has nothing to do with hating rape or not, you'know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
No one knows yet but the most likely candidate for being in that picture she looked at is Haruto or maybe Haruto, Shoko, and co. all together.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:51   Link #235
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

It doesn't have anything to do with hating rape, but it definitely has with how much exposure in the media subjects such as these get. No sane person would say they "enjoy rape" when talking about a real situation where someone will get hurt from it. But I don't need to have that out on the media every other second for this to be, well, common sense, really. The issue is that due to all sorts of movements such as feminism (and a bunch of others), this thing in the west is at the moment something you definitely don't want to touch, in order to avoid a gigantic shitstorm.

I mean, in a recent example, just check out what happened at E3, when the Killer Instinct demo was going on. MS employee dude made a joke to the woman who was getting beaten up in a fighting game, telling her to 'just let it happen', as 'it'd be over soon', and this made it into headlines of all gaming sites in a flash. To me, it's just trash talk, and I honestly didn't even think of rape when I first heard it, but that's what people associated it to right away and... yeah.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2013-06-13 at 23:05.
Old 2013-06-13, 23:03   Link #236
Irenesharda

My oh my...wow.

So Haruto has finally sated his hunger, and it wasn't a hunger to eat, it was the hunger and the urge to reproduce. (Which is kind of strange, since until Takahi, he's been attacking mostly males, which don't really help in the reproducing department...)

Well, he has now left adolescence behind and been thrust unceremoniously into adulthood, and unfortunately it was against his will. This single night will forever change his relationship between Saki and Shoko. Shoko might be his true, first love, but Saki will now always be his first woman. And Saki...I honestly don't know what I can say. No girl should ever go through something like that...curse or no. In fact, I thought it profound when she said that they were "cursed" after all, refuting Aina's belief that they were some kind of "holy spirit". Having to go through a horrible experience like that, I can see why she'd have little faith in anything right now. I honestly don't know what to make of what's going to happen next between them all. This is truly a damning situation.

Other than that, we learn about the "runes" which involves the movement of information, We learn more about what JIOR was doing, and they are beginning to sound fishy to me. And election is held for the new prime minister of JIOR and it is no surprise that Shoko won. She has had to bear the fact that her father is most likely dead, but still she goes on. However, with her rise to power and her going to confess when she gets to the moon, she has added another death flag to her already numerous supply.

As I figured, the next two episodes will lead to the climax of the story with everything coming to a head at the moon. We discover that Cain's fleet will be going to fight one more time and this time Cain himself is going out there. That's not a good sign. We learn that Cain is the right-hand man of the Fuehrer who replaced the royal regime 20 years ago. However, if Princess Liselotte is still treated as royalty at the time she met L-elf which happened later than 20 years ago, then how did this whole coup d'etat occur?

Anyway, they can explain that later. We learn that H-neun is doing some suspicious acts of sneaking around, along with Kriemhild. What's going on with them and who's on whose side? Things are becoming very complicated at this late stage of the game for Valvrave.

We have indeed reached a precipice in this story, and we will have to see if Valvrave can soar to new heights, or will it crash and burn?

I give this episode a 8/10. What shall happen next?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-13, 23:17   Link #237
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
Hahaha, found this on 4-chan:

President provides methods to be sustainable and survive
Shokoloko wants to have a School Festival when they get to the moon.
She Wins

How retarded can this anime get?
I laughed so hard in that scene.

Valvrave is such a fun show to watch.
Old 2013-06-13, 23:18   Link #238
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
So Haruto has finally sated his hunger, and it wasn't a hunger to eat, it was the hunger and the urge to reproduce. (Which is kind of strange, since until Takahi, he's been attacking mostly males, which don't really help in the reproducing department...)
This was a question that came up pretty immediately for me. I guess Valvrave 01 doesn't discriminate against males or females when it comes to sex.

I'll tell you what though, Haruto x L-Elf shippers are going to have a field day.

Edit: In Valvrave's defense, anyone on the module can push a plan for methods to improve sustainability.

What I understood the least was why he was giving that as his platform. From the get-go they needed a Prime Minister as REPRESENTATION, not as de facto leadership. They've got plenty of people who can easily make these changes to help keep the module running.
Old 2013-06-13, 23:20   Link #239
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
This was a question that came up pretty immediately for me. I guess Valvrave 01 doesn't discriminate against males or females when it comes to sex.

I'll tell you what though, Haruto x L-Elf shippers are going to have a field day.
Haruto just bite them, but when it come to Saki then it...
Old 2013-06-13, 23:21   Link #240
whitecloud

Is VVV tan even know male or female? She most likely just attack anyone take any hole..whatever hole that is...