AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-06, 15:51   Link #1
Mitchell

Send a message via ICQ to Mitchell
athrun role in destiny?

I was wondering what kind of role athrun has now in destiny.
I thought he became some kind of legend or something.
In phase 2 lunamaria looked surprised when cagalli callen him by his name
In phase 3 she was talking about it with shin and at the end gilbert was babbling something about him or whatever.
So I wondered what it is that he is so well known about.
Anyone?
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 15:58   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

he is the legendary Hero for the Hawke sisters at least
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 16:13   Link #3
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
are those 2 sister really related or are they jjust friends .. you know japan people always call each other oni-chan even if they aren't blood related... it doesn't look like they are related... luna is kinda cute.. and the other looks like fllay... O.o
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 16:49   Link #4
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A
are those 2 sister really related or are they jjust friends .. you know japan people always call each other oni-chan even if they aren't blood related... it doesn't look like they are related... luna is kinda cute.. and the other looks like fllay... O.o
Ya~the 2 Hawke sisters are INDEED sisters~
You can find a relationship checkup at Anime news network~
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 17:02   Link #5
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell
I was wondering what kind of role athrun has now in destiny.
I thought he became some kind of legend or something.
In phase 2 lunamaria looked surprised when cagalli callen him by his name
In phase 3 she was talking about it with shin and at the end gilbert was babbling something about him or whatever.
So I wondered what it is that he is so well known about.
Anyone?
Well, it is still early, but the last few episodes have focused on Athrun and his inner conflicts regarding his former identity and who he is now.

If you watched Gundam Seed, you would know that he was formerly an elite pilot for ZAFT and the son of ZAFT's wartime leader Patrick Zala. For the Hawke sisters and other PLANT natives, might consider him 'legendary' based on what he went through, good or bad:

-Athrun's aristocratic roots as son of a powerful leader and fiance of PLANT's ubermatriarch (Lacus).
-Wartime hero in that he helped end the last war by blowing up Genesis and preventing PLANT from being obliterated by the EA'S Peacemaker nukes.
-A tragic wartime hero and traitor who went against his own father and country in pursuit of his own ideals.

The problem is the fact that he technically committed treason when he defected to one of the opposing sides with ZAFT's most powerful mobile suits. Also, quite a few people died as the result of his father's leadership, and as a result he and his family are most likely discredited and hated on PLANT. That's why he prefers to go by another name, so that he can avoid those situations where someone might reproach him for what he did during the war. It's likely that quite a few people in PLANT might hold a grudge against him for being a traitor.

So, Athrun has quite a few things on his mind at the moment. His life has been made much harder, now that the Chairman has blown his cover. At some point, he may have to prove his loyalty, but then give up his current role of being a peacemaker alongside of Cagalli.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 02:38   Link #6
The Shell Bullet
Rurouni

He was the one who self destructed Justice in the Genesis....
The Shell Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 07:13   Link #7
sparkswy
Ace Pilot

Athrun had undergone a hard time in SEED,and I think his path in DESTINY would be even tougher.At the end of SEED,he must have determined to give up driving a mobile suit and joining war again,but in DESTINY he begins to doubt if he is right to pick up a false name and leave battle forever.Absolutely he will reurn to battlefield with his new MS and be engaged in war which he hates most.Also,I feel some kind of distance between him and Cagali.From OP,it seems that he would be involved in a love dilemma with Lacus(fake?clone?),Lunamaria and Cagali.

Last edited by sparkswy; 2004-11-07 at 07:28.
sparkswy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 08:47   Link #8
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkswy
Also,I feel some kind of distance between him and Cagali.From OP,it seems that he would be involved in a love dilemma with Lacus(fake?clone?),Lunamaria and Cagali.
Nooo~ I still prefer him with Cagalli no matter what -_-;
Old 2004-11-07, 09:18   Link #9
Wolfslord

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfslord
I don't see any kind of distance between the two.You only see them as the representative and her official bodyguard,so they can't show their feelings towards another.We haven't seen them alone yet...............
Besides I like the two as a couple

Lacus was Athrun's fiancee and they lived through a war together,so I don't see a reason why they shouldn't have a close relationship.So I can't understand the rumours that Athrun will come back to Lacus or thinks about this.
Wolfslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 19:41   Link #10
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
I am assuming () that Athrun and Cagalli have been together for - what?, three years now?

Even if they are strictly platonic friends, I do not think Athrun is one who will simply abandon a friend.

However, I suspect he still feels loyalty towards the PLANTs - after all, from his heritage as a Zala, he was probably raised for public service and all that - and ultimately will be made to take a stand by Gilbert.

Cagalli..., well let us just say the story is still very uncertain yet. Orb is still a target as long as Blue Cosmos is around - after all, it still has a substantial Coordinator presence. Will she be forced to take sides this time round, despite her staying loyal to her father's ideals?

I love to see all this end in tears - I'm a big sucker for angst.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 21:34   Link #11
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
u never knonw...i think cagalli is going back to orb while athrun is going to stay on the minveria as a pilot
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 05:28   Link #12
seiftis
~defying fate

*ties Athrun and Cagalli together*
Old 2004-11-08, 06:14   Link #13
sparkswy
Ace Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfslord
I don't see any kind of distance between the two.You only see them as the representative and her official bodyguard,so they can't show their feelings towards another.We haven't seen them alone yet...............
Besides I like the two as a couple

Lacus was Athrun's fiancee and they lived through a war together,so I don't see a reason why they shouldn't have a close relationship.So I can't understand the rumours that Athrun will come back to Lacus or thinks about this.
I notice that Athrun looked surprised when Cagalli expressed her demand and ideal to the Chairman in EP1.If Athrun really understood what Cagalli was thinking,he would never show us these surprised looks,so I think there is a lack of communion between him and Cagalli and they have got some kind of distance.
sparkswy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 09:16   Link #14
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
I don't think Athrun will ever understand Cagalli's ideals and political thinking that she inherited from Uzumi. Athrun probably yearns for peace but he knows unless both sides does, its useless to throw away your weapons and hope for the best. But he knows also that the world in general really needs someone who wants peace at all costs to balance the warmongers... so...

Anyway when you love someone, it doesn't mean you have to take his/her ideals and incorporate into your own. There's a limitation to understanding yourself - let alone others.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 18:28   Link #15
Hanbok
nahmoo

I don't like how Cagalli is like "You can have peace with no war!". That is impossible. There will always be war since there will always be disagreements in different subjects. I just hate that way of thinking. I want to smack Cagalli or something. Wait wait... She might be... KILLED! OH NO!
Hanbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 20:49   Link #16
wb_hicks

i just wonder if she getting in some serious trouble who would be the person Cagalli turns to her brother or athrun for help
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 22:31   Link #17
iceyfw

to murder Shinn when the time is right!
btw, ferget stellar!! meryin IS HOTTER!!
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 23:19   Link #18
sizerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanbok
I don't like how Cagalli is like "You can have peace with no war!". That is impossible. There will always be war since there will always be disagreements in different subjects. I just hate that way of thinking. I want to smack Cagalli or something. Wait wait... She might be... KILLED! OH NO!
It is near impossible but not impossible, that's what I think. If everything or most things are to be resolved by...war, there won't be much left for anyone or anything.

At least Cagalli did try to prevent war. Although her way was rather...blunt. But given that she's young and inexperienced in the field of political matters, being one of those who fought and suffered from war, and the blow to her head... it's understandable, I guess, about her outburst and all...
sizerine is offline   Reply With Quote