AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite arc?
Zabuza Arc 25 30.12%
Chuunin Exam Arc 14 16.87%
Invasion Arc 17 20.48%
Tsunade/Rasesangan Arc 12 14.46%
Rescue Arc 15 18.07%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-07-09, 17:04   Link #1
rorosama

[Manga] Your favorite naruto arc

First off, i did a search and couldn't find anything. With that, What everyones favorites arc? Mine is the invasion arc. Please post your arc and reasons.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 17:41   Link #2
SajberToent
Borked

tsunade//rasengan arc, easily... hehe , love the part where Tsunade takes Narutos froggy =p

Naruto's poor froggy seems to be free frag for all lol =P
SajberToent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 18:32   Link #3
Last of the Uchiha

Its has to be the Sasuke Rescue Arc without a doubt. Not only did we see the gennin showing off the new powers and the return of the Sand siblings but also new flashback of the Uchiha Clan before they were killed. It also doesn't hurt, when we can see the rematch that everyone has been waiting for. Naruto vs Sasuke.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 19:10   Link #4
Anthriel
天使

The zabuza/haku arc. Back then, there was still some comedy, there was some character development and it didn't feel as dragged out as the following arcs. The villians were no throw away characters like the sound four. Besides, the plot focused on the most important characters, so everyone got his fair share of time.
Even Naruto, the character I dislike most, was more likeable at that time, as he messed up quite often. There was more character interaction than in the latter chapters.
During this first arc, I thought of Naruto as Dragonball without it's weak points. In my opinion, it went downhill form that point on.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 06:34   Link #5
realdeal
The Real Deal

I hated the zabuza arc...The whole flash back of inari was horse dung. The whole flashback of haku was horse dung..(The whole Im his weapon bullocks was just too much). The fight was crap..I mean white screen(mist) with lots of talking about silent killing is not what I would call action. Thats why I dislike shikimaru's fights too.

The only good part about that arc was when kakashi and zabuza finally busted out the jutsu's against each other on the first fight. When Naruto kyubi'd/sasuke awakened sharingan. Kakashi chidori and zabuza kill gouto.

BTW, sakura crying her eyes out for sasuke was hillarious, whoever did the voice acting for her was terrible.

Chunnin exam was the real deal though. I mean, Gaara anihilating those nins in forest, lee kicking naruto and sasuke ass, sasuke vs oro, sasuke vs sound, lee vs gaara, introduction of lots of new characters etc..
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 09:01   Link #6
Helldog2004
Kakashi lightning attack

Send a message via MSN to Helldog2004
hey man, I voted for the exam part.

Man I love the actions in Uzumaki Naruto, and I speccialy like it when the pupils of Hatake kakashi get's stronger every episode..

I realy didn't liked to see Uzumaki Naruto mess up the whole thing in the beginning, and I am looking forward to see him teaching new stuff..

Like Uchiha Sasuke teached that 1000 birds sounds attack.. dunno the Japanese naming anymore...

Anyway, I would also love to see Haruno Sakura seeing to grow up in power.. haven't seen her in real action, besides climbing in an other person with her second personality into Oni (am I correct?)

Anyway, is Uzumaki Naruto going to teach some more actions? besides this wind attack what he is learning from jiraiya!

anyway.. that was a part of the reason
Helldog2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 09:43   Link #7
Blitz59

I love seeing the characters evolve from episode to episode like in the Zabuza arc and the Chuunin exam, so I really don't like the rescue or invasion arc as in my mind they didn't add anything to the overall progress of characters they just forwarded the story. Tsunade arc is okay since ero-sama is soooo hilarious.
Blitz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 12:08   Link #8
rorosama

I liked the invasion arc because of it's awesome action scenes. The chuunin tournament arc had a lot of fights but the invasion had a lot of impressive moves.
My 2nd would be the chuunin exam arc because 2 of my fave characters hina-chan and shino are introduced. As well as many other characters.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 14:52   Link #9
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

The Zabuza arc was the best. Back then, Naruto was surprising all the time. Now it's too serious and it's being focused too much on getting stronger. Where did all the funny adventures go? I'm afraid Orochimaru appearing in the Chuunin exam complicated everything
Old 2004-07-10, 15:03   Link #10
FreakyEyes

Chuunin exam arc was the most interesting and exciting. Paper test, forest of death and preliminaries too. Lots of interesing characters introduced (Gaara, Neji and a lot more) and because back then we didn't know everything about them they were more "mysterious" or something. Gaara was also a LOT cooler, then he became a clown (thought even THEN he kept interesting).
Spoiler:
FreakyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 15:30   Link #11
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
In my opinion, it went downhill form that point on.
Considering the poll's result (as of now), most people seem to agree with me. ^^
The first arcs are more popular than the latter ones.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 18:28   Link #12
_Riku_

more Sasuke...more Itachi

more Uchiha =D

well...If you still don't know what I voted for...then it is Rescue Sasuke arc..
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 18:39   Link #13
Dark Epyon
Useless Human

Send a message via MSN to Dark Epyon
Tsunade/Rasesangan Arc is by far in my opinion the best. The current arc seems kind of boring and has lagged on. But it is nice to see into the character history as long has we don't have a whole volume of flash back no jutsu.
Dark Epyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 20:01   Link #14
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
Considering the poll's result (as of now), most people seem to agree with me. ^^
The first arcs are more popular than the latter ones.
Or it could possibly be because far more people watch the anime than view the manga and thus haven't even see the last two arcs yet.

Not to mention even in the manga the last arc isn't even finished.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 20:49   Link #15
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
The zabuza/haku arc. Back then, there was still some comedy, there was some character development and it didn't feel as dragged out as the following arcs. The villians were no throw away characters like the sound four. Besides, the plot focused on the most important characters, so everyone got his fair share of time.
Even Naruto, the character I dislike most, was more likeable at that time, as he messed up quite often. There was more character interaction than in the latter chapters.
During this first arc, I thought of Naruto as Dragonball without it's weak points. In my opinion, it went downhill form that point on.
That's straight the true. I also miss the entire team mechanics, and the teamwork between Sasuke and Naruto.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 03:20   Link #16
FreakyEyes

Heh, funny. Zabuza arc was okay, but those fights were waaayyyy too long so it became kinda boring. Then Chuunin Exam arc was simply great. But Invasion arc was quite boring, thought I liked those Gaara flashbacks a lot and in it's end it became more exciting. Tsunade/Rasengan arc was really interesting (thought actually watching Naruto learning Rasengan wasn't :P). Rescue arc in its continual fight was too much. So I think there's good arc coming again soon.

Last edited by FreakyEyes; 2004-07-11 at 09:20.
Old 2004-07-11, 03:29   Link #17
Blitz59

Um, the anime is in the tsunade arc right now you know - stop talking about it in past tense. :P
Blitz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 08:06   Link #18
indo

i liked em all really

i prefer the chuunin exam because we get to know the other characters better
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 09:14   Link #19
FreakyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0llen
Um, the anime is in the tsunade arc right now you know - stop talking about it in past tense. :P
Yeah but I'm talking about the manga :P
Old 2004-07-11, 10:50   Link #20
byakurasengan
Kage Bunshin

ill have to say the chuunin exam arc.. its when he told hinata that he "likes" her, or some sort.. but the point is, he does like her.. hehehe.. not a lot of exciting moves though, but really great IMO.. the next would be the tsunade/rasengan arc.. hehehe.. love that arc.. and last, but not the least would be the invasion arc.. it was when sasuke was really AMAZED about naruto and how he became so strong... hehehe.. go for the dead last!!
byakurasengan is offline   Reply With Quote