AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-08-29, 10:03   Link #441
sayde

Let me be the first to say that I actually don't mind the fact that Kenpachi got defeated off-panel. Considering the snail pace at which this series moves, it makes me pleasantly pleased when Kubo skips straight to the end of certain things if it means cramming a little more plot into the chapter--especially when most of us could've already predicted the outcome (because lets face it, Kenpachi for all intents and purposes stood very little chance of beating the big bad "Juha Bach" right here and now). So unless Kenpachi had something new he was going to show us, I honestly didn't need to see him fight anyways.

With that said, I approve of this chapter. We got some real plot progression this week. We learned buckbeards name, the fact that Ken was indeed one of the 5 war potentials, and we have Yamamoto showing a side of him we've never seen. Kubo/Yamamoto also didn't waste anytime in going straight to the main event. Since Juha Bach defeated Kenpachi (pretty easily it seems), I'm willing to bet Yamamoto's going to be next.

Its the perfect setup to introduce Squad 0. Because once Yamamoto's defeated (and he will be defeated), the renewed spirit of the Gotei 13's remaining forces is going to be crushed leaving nothing behind but hopelessness & despair. My only question now is whether or not Squad 0 will show up in time to save Yamamoto from being killed.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 10:04   Link #442
haegar
mangaviking

^ I am cause mostly I expect more out of Kishi than out of Kubo - oh well, maybe the explanation behind it will make it worthwhile ...
Old 2012-08-29, 10:10   Link #443
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So much complaining. Kenpachi has had so many figbts where he OPed them with ease and you all get mad that he gets beat off screen by THE LEADER? Im the biggest kenpachi fan here and im not complaining one bit.
Old 2012-08-29, 10:17   Link #444
haegar
mangaviking

^yes, but, but, but ...he was to lose epically ^^

remember the week Kubo was sick and wrote Kenpachi was to do something "epic"?

week after he swats some annoying flies (that was NOT epic for Kenpachi standards)
and week after that he's off-panelled. the lulz, truely "epic" troll even for kubo standards XD
Old 2012-08-29, 10:21   Link #445
Black-Cat-Sama

Fighting in Bleach is meant to send messages and reveal new things, neither of which Kenpachi does. Look at his fight against Noitora, his big reveal was that if he uses TWO hands instead of one, he can swing HARDER. Now, I ask you, after seeing Kenpachi fight three major times in the series, do we really expect something amazing from his fight? Especially with those novels that just came out not too long along with hevy focus on the 'Kenpachi' tradition.

I'm glad he was beaten off screen so we won't have to stall another chapter at least on a fight with an end we all knew was coming. What DOES bother me is that not even Bach's clothes are torn a bit, not even the sleeve that Kenpachi cut and we saw him block with--is he wearing Superman's costume!?

Anyways, good stuff, wish more happened though other than the captains getting riled up at Yamamoto's 'KILL EVERYTHING' mood. Especially since some of them didn't need riling up, it's not like they were all on the desperate side fo the battle just yet. Also, KOMA ROAR!!!! AWOOOO
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 10:21   Link #446
Lumilicious
Lurking~ ( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
well... gettin' his ass kicked like that is epic in some way.
Old 2012-08-29, 10:32   Link #447
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
^yes, but, but, but ...he was to lose epically ^^

week after he swats some annoying flies (that was NOT epic for Kenpachi standards)
and week after that he's off-panelled. the lulz, truely "epic" troll even for kubo standards XD
Did KUBO write that or did Mangastream just put that there because they could? I never took it for an official statement, only what was on the page was official IMO. 'Kubo is sick, etc etc' not 'oh, btw Kenpachi was going to do something epic', methinks the 'epic part' was written by fans as the title.
Old 2012-08-29, 10:39   Link #448
haegar
mangaviking

^if true I stand corrected (though I gotta say I wish he HAD said that - I am rather enjoying myself, I didn't rant at kubo for at least 5 weeks, it really feels good ...)
Old 2012-08-29, 10:44   Link #449
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
^if true I stand corrected (though I gotta say I wish he HAD said that - I am rather enjoying myself, I didn't rant at kubo for at least 5 weeks, it really feels good ...)
xD yeah, if he really said that, I'd love it too, but then I'd feel more trolled because he had the chapter planned but didn't end up doing it =P lol.
Old 2012-08-29, 10:51   Link #450
Casshern

Lol I wonder if Kubo will get lynched by the time this manga is over
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 11:59   Link #451
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Aw. A bit disappointing the next time we see Kenpachi and he get's totally owned. At least Yamamoto is ready to kick some ass.
Old 2012-08-29, 12:14   Link #452
flack

I think the 5 special war potentals are probably:
1. Ichigo
2. Kenpachi
3. Urahara
4. Oneofthe espada
5. Aizen
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 12:19   Link #453
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Aw. A bit disappointing the next time we see Kenpachi and he get's totally owned. At least Yamamoto is ready to kick some ass.
As what happened to Kenpachi, Yamamoto will get owned off panel as well...and as what happened to Kenpachi, Ichigo will show up with Yamamato being choked out...
Old 2012-08-29, 12:28   Link #454
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
As what happened to Kenpachi, Yamamoto will get owned off panel as well...and as what happened to Kenpachi, Ichigo will show up with Yamamato being choked out...
Aw fuck that. If that shit happens I'll be so pissed. I'll say I'm done with Bleach but...that's not going to happen.
Old 2012-08-29, 13:14   Link #455
kitten320

I have no problem with Kenpachi being kicked off screen and I'm fine with Obito since I liked that idea the most. The awesome Madara never got me fascinated.

And you couldn't possibly expect Kenpachi to kick the dudes ass, could you? He is a main boss after all who sadly belongs to Ichigo.

If Byakuya got slaughtered in just few chapters by a standard opponent then Kenpachi being kicked off screen makes a lot of sense.
Old 2012-08-29, 13:48   Link #456
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
And you couldn't possibly expect Kenpachi to kick the dudes ass, could you? He is a main boss after all who sadly belongs to Ichigo
true, but this chapter was awful. kenpachi deserved a fight like byakuya got, albeit short. this was just dumb and not entertaining. if kubo wanted to flashforward he should have just skipped to the part when kenpachi took his patch off, not the end of the fight... i guess he didnt want to reveal fuckbeard's powers yet until yama-jii fights him... so he should have had kenpachi fight a long battle with another stronger subordinate and lose
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 14:15   Link #457
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

This chapter was pretty lame. More so then usual.
Old 2012-08-29, 14:32   Link #458
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

You know what? I'm so glad I'm only reading spoilers now.....

I knew Kenny would go by Fuhrer's hand, but if he's a war potential, I would at least expect to see it onscreen.

Otherwise, I"m so tired of this trolling bullshit. I wasted so many years on this series and this is how it ends? Fuck this. Fuck you Kubo. Give me all the money I wasted spent buying your shit series back.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:43   Link #459
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
true, but this chapter was awful. kenpachi deserved a fight like byakuya got, albeit short.
The thing is, Ken just seems unconscious and it doesn't appear as if Buckbeard is going to finish him off. In other words, he's likely to live to fight another day. On the other hand, I'm not so sure we can say the same thing for Byakuya. So in that sense, they didn't necessarily both need to have their fights shown IMO. I mean if Byakuya is to die, then by all means, we deserved to see it happen. But if Ken isn't going to die now and he's got nothing new he would've shown against Juha Bach, then I see little harm in skipping that battle. Now if I'm wrong and Ken turns out to be dead, then I'll probably join those of you who feel disappointed in an off-panel defeat. But since Ken seems to be one of Kubo's favorites, I doubt that'll happen.

If I had to guess, this defeat will probably get Ken extremely fired up. So much so, that I expect his next battle (that Kubo intends for him to win) will probably be something special.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 16:20   Link #460
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The point is, just having the villain walce in and knock out (not kill) one of the strongest characters in the manga off-screen while showing off every other unimportant character is shitty writing no matter how positive you want to look at it. Kenpatchi's fight even if it was one messily swing should have been shown.

Tags
bleach, chapter