Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-01-06, 09:11   Link #1
-Necromancer-
Otaku

Technical Help (Laptop)

Ok I thought my laptopw as getting better but obviously not xD

I have used something called RegCure Pro and it has said the following...

706 issues detected

System problems - 113 - Critical
Malware - 0 - Good
Performance Problems - 0 - Good
Privacy Items - 45 - Really serious
Junk files - 158 MB detected - 548 - Serious

However to clean or get rid of them like it suggests it will cost me and unfortunately I am only 15 so I can't pay for it xD since I dont have paypal or credit card. and I can't ask anyone to help so is there anyway I can clean these errors/issues personally? D: If so could anyone tell me how please I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thank you ^_^

Im not too good with computers so please be patients also could you tell me where or what things are

If there is anything I have missed or you need to know please ask and if I know I will reply ^_^
-Necromancer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 09:58   Link #2
sa547
*Author

I'd be careful using those registry cleaners because the wrong one could cause you to reinstall the system. That program you mention requires to pay up.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/wat..._regcure_legit

Better use CClean to clean up everything but the registry.
Old 2013-01-06, 13:34   Link #3
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Don't pay. There are plenty of excellent, free stuff online.

I second CCleaner. Download it. Use the main function. Do be a bit careful with the registry cleaning function; it doesn't speed things up anyway (it mostly just removes windows registry "clutter" for "clean" reinstall of some programs). I've never had a problem with it though.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 00:54   Link #4
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
What seems to be the problem that you feel the need to run such programs?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 14:46   Link #5
-Necromancer-
Otaku

Okay everyone I used that c-cleaner programme and cleaned it but I seem to have the same problem? I've no idea what else it could possible be does anyone here know? Im guessing a virus is the last thing but my security (Norton ) says there isn't any?
Old 2013-01-07, 19:22   Link #6
sa547
*Author

Is your laptop slowing down? Does it feel sluggish, and the keyboard seems to be so hot to the touch?
Old 2013-01-16, 15:24   Link #7
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Necromancer- View Post
Ok I thought my laptopw as getting better but obviously not xD

I have used something called RegCure Pro and it has said the following...

706 issues detected

System problems - 113 - Critical
Malware - 0 - Good
Performance Problems - 0 - Good
Privacy Items - 45 - Really serious
Junk files - 158 MB detected - 548 - Serious

However to clean or get rid of them like it suggests it will cost me and unfortunately I am only 15 so I can't pay for it xD since I dont have paypal or credit card. and I can't ask anyone to help so is there anyway I can clean these errors/issues personally? D: If so could anyone tell me how please I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thank you ^_^

Im not too good with computers so please be patients also could you tell me where or what things are

If there is anything I have missed or you need to know please ask and if I know I will reply ^_^
This is a scam man. Those free trial registry cleaners gives you bogus scan results to say that your computer/laptop has lot of errors to get you to buy their product saying that they can fix those errors and restore performance. FYI, there is malware out there that infects the computer, changes the computers to make it look like a virus is on your systems and then tells you to go buy a product to save your machine.

Most of them free trial stuff uses this kind of tactic to intimidate people into buy their stuff. Use CCleaner like Irenicus said and you'll should be good unless you are you experiencing some other kinds of problems with your machine. CCleaner is a REAL free registry cleaner.
Old 2013-01-17, 00:52   Link #8
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

RegCure sound like a scareware to me
Old 2013-01-20, 12:41   Link #9
-Necromancer-
Otaku

What is a scare ware?
Old 2013-01-20, 12:47   Link #10
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Scareware pretty much is a program or sometimes an add on the internet that tells you that you have a lot of problems in your computer, it tries to convince you that if you do not use their program that your computer is in danger of dying or at least might stop working. They try and get you to buy the program for X amount of dollars to fix it because according to them nothing else can do that. However the problems listed are very unreliable and untrue, so they try and scare you with a number and numerous claims that your computer is in danger just to try and get your money or run their program. The programs don't really fix anything either, at worse they even break your computer or further infect it with viruses to try and get you to pay or download more programs alike.
Old 2013-01-20, 16:00   Link #11
-Necromancer-
Otaku

Ouch that sounds just like it :/
Is there anyway I can fix it? I've already uninstalled everything pretty much.
Old 2013-01-20, 20:47   Link #12
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Disabling system restore and removing any traces of the program from whatever directory it's hiding in while in safe mode is usually the good way to take care of grayware like this. Whatever .dll files are keeping this stuff popping up won't be loaded up if you boot the computer in safe mode, making them easier to remove. That's assuming of course, that removing the program through the Control Panel fails.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 01:00   Link #13
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Next time if you think your computer really needs a scan use programs such as the following:
Malwarebytes, http://www.malwarebytes.org/ which is free
I don't know what other anti virus you use, Avast or MSE usually does the trick
Old 2013-01-21, 16:45   Link #14
Kudryavka

Also install Microsoft Security Essentials, its the basic security program for you.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 07:57   Link #15
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

MSRT is enough. Alongside free antivirus like AVG, it should be enough to protect your computer.

Just practice prudence when surfing and you should be fine.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 09:10   Link #16
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Alongside free antivirus like AVG, it should be enough to protect your computer.
Except I wouldn't suggest anyone use that crappy placebo posing as an anti virus since it would leave any computer in a worse state then if it wasn't used.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 14:27   Link #17
sneaker

Anti-virus programs can't do all that much anyways. Just look at all those people with infected systems despite having all those fancy security suites. Just deactivating JAVA in the browser and keeping the browser and Flash Player up-to-date is 95% more effective at keeping viruses away than any anti-virus program, simply because the latter cannot keep up with new viruses and heuristics suck. Its more effective to close the holes that are being exploited.

For beginners I would recommend the following for a relatively safe browsing environment without losing too much comfort:
- Install and use Google Chrome. Its updating system is fool proof and takes care of the Flash Player and its PDF reader as well. (Don't use the Adobe Reader.)
- deinstall JAVA or at least deactivate its browser plug-in (this goes for all unused plugins). If you absolutely need it, at least keep it up-to-date and only activate it when needed.
- Use an ad-blocker extension
- Activate "click-to-play" for plugins
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 22:55   Link #18
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Next time if you think your computer really needs a scan use programs such as the following:
Malwarebytes, http://www.malwarebytes.org/ which is free
I don't know what other anti virus you use, Avast or MSE usually does the trick
This! My cousins and relative who lack computer knowledge often get these scare ware stuff on their computer and almost most of the time the internet brings up Malwarebytes. I've used it countless times to fix and remove nasty malware so I also highly recommend it.
Old 2013-01-27, 01:49   Link #19
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I say you re-install windows.
Old 2013-01-27, 02:01   Link #20
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Use Iobit's Advance Care v6, Smart Defrag and Iobit's Anti Malware..... I works well with windows.... It cleans well and avoid critical directories. I've been using it for two years already and its my best friend...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote