AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-22, 16:33   Link #221
KBTKaiser

The issue with the levelling is that they didn't rescale the EXP gain with the new difficulty curve.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 20:57   Link #222
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
The issue with the levelling is that they didn't rescale the EXP gain with the new difficulty curve.
Not anymore. New hotfix buffed exp gains and rebuffed Soma's native critical rate to 30%; Soma now does 75% critical with a maxed Point Strike, which I think is fine.

...unfortunately, Jaw Sword's proc was nerfed from 50% to 10%.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 22:47   Link #223
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So, I finally got all Valkyr parts from Salad. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Victory was very sweet.

Also Salad is ridiculously easy to defeat as a boss, especially if you have a Brakk setup for Magnetic damage like me. When you're doing something like 400 damage on each pellet, you can really chip away at Salad's shields. Even though Zanuka is armored, and Magnetic is less effective against armor, the sheer rate of fire and DPS quickly brings Zanuka down, and which point I can then finish off Alad at my leisure.

Also, once you kill Zanuka, he starts crying pathetically. (Which to be fair if I were him, I'd probably be crying pathetically too. Got fired, assets and all my credits seized, sold out by the board, my prototype tortured Warframe escapes, and then those profit-damned Tenno show up and kill my pet Zanuka, the only thing in the universe that loves me. Of course I'm going to end you crying.)

I dare say Alad and Zanuka are probably the easiest bosses, after perhaps Jackal.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-26, 23:22   Link #224
KBTKaiser

Dude, nothing beats Derf Anyo as easiest boss.
Old 2013-11-26, 23:39   Link #225
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...I had completely forgotten about Derf Anyo. You're right, he's ridiculously easy. That said IMO I'd rather farm Salad and Zanuka, given that I can get about 2800 affinity from them combined.

I'll have to time it when I go home, but I have a feeling Derf would be faster to finish, given his map IIRC is smaller.

Edit: Some retrospective thoughts on Alad V and Zanuka.

Alad weeps so piteously and pathetically over his dead pet...which is pretty much how my dad and my brother are whenever one of our dogs died -_-

...I feel that, for about a second. That pain, that sadness, that disappointment. The pain and hurt a man feels, when he loses everything - job, respect, financial security, home, safety - and loses the last thing in his life that he loves and loves him back.

I feel like a tool, for killing Alad V's pet.

I continue to feel like a tool... for about the time it takes me to arrive to his corpse and loot his boss drops.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-11-27 at 01:53.
Old 2013-11-27, 07:42   Link #226
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Gonna stop playing this for awhile until they fix the drop rate and xp rate. Xp gain have been nerfed to hell and drop rate for ember prime is just dumb at this point.
Old 2013-11-27, 13:23   Link #227
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I feel ya, I'm trying to get the parts for Glaive prime and nobody even knows where its disc part BP drops...

Anyway picked up all the parts for Valkyr in 3 runs on Vlad in literally 20 minutes so she's building away in the foundry right now, have to say probably the easiest frame I've gotten thus far.

Sadly I'm having a hard time adapting to the new damage model and most of my weapons just seem like shadows of their former selves, even those that have been forma'd up...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 20:19   Link #228
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm not too worried about the Ember Prime and Glaive Prime parts; I'll get them sooner or later. As for damage, this link explains damage setups, and provides suggestions.

Also, new weapons in the 11.1 update: the Cernos bow, and the Aklex. Aka DUAL LEX.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-28, 00:46   Link #229
KBTKaiser

At least you can straight up buy the Lex with credits.
Old 2013-11-28, 03:54   Link #230
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Even better, I still have my first Lex.

I really liked using it, way back when AP damage was still a thing; it was hilarious how effective the Lex was as a pocket sniper rifle. I'm quite interested in seeing how the Aklex will perform, since one of the reasons I liked the Akvasto was that it had a higher rater of fire, and recoil was less of an issue since I'm alternating hands to fire.

I suspect I'm probably going to need to tater and Forma my Aklex though. Right, more void grinding!

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-28, 09:45   Link #231
KBTKaiser

Also, I will note that you left the Dual Kama out of your new weapons exclamation. :P
Old 2013-11-28, 11:54   Link #232
Raviel

My friend and I are about to finish our energy labs in our 2-man clan.

I was wondering if anyone here has any advice for modding the Dera, Supra, and Flux. Also, how does the Lanka compare to the Vectis as a sniper rifle?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 13:02   Link #233
KBTKaiser

Dera and Flux are dead accurate guns, so figure out how you want to capitalize on that.
Supra works like a Gorgon, lots of spray and pray.

Lanka falls short of the Vectis, but it has the bonus of being pure shock damage.
Old 2013-11-29, 01:30   Link #234
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Flux rifle has tremendous Slash damage, so it's great vs infested. I recommend speccing for blast.

Since Lanka does native electric damage, you can add cryo rounds to get Magnetic, which is great vs Corpus, or Wildfire/Hellfire, which gives Radiation, or add Poison to get Viral (IIRC), which is great vs Infested.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-29, 21:31   Link #235
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Im not fussed on the flux rifle although I haven't really bothered leveling it up that much. It seemed more powerful when being used against you =p

My Valkyr finished today and I've been having a blast with her. I really life her rip pull ability and its handy for closing into melee range quickly.

I've also discovered that you can use it to pull yourself though the air and use the wall attack ability with the Obex (2.200 damage) without the aid of any walls !

As well as Her, I've crafted the new Cernos bow and fitted it with the thunderbolt mod (exploding arrows 30%) which coupled with split chamber means that I don't even need to charge shots since most arrows explode causing carnage around them.

This makes me like the bows again !

Thank said I've having a lot of problems today with my mods unequipping themselves randomly =s that and 2 of my valkyr ability mods are broken and show in the equip screen as being level one even those they are max fusion-ed (and appear that way in the mod screen)...

Last edited by Drake; 2013-11-29 at 21:42.
Old 2013-11-30, 06:40   Link #236
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

For me, I find that my mods don't unequip themselves if I setup before going into the mission lobby. *shrug* no idea why that's the case.

Also, that's an interesting thing with the Rip Line. I'll need to highlight it to my SB Bros and experiment some more...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-30, 11:30   Link #237
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I think there was a hotfix for it this morning as after patching it seems to have been sorted.

I seen there was a 50% off black friday sale on platinum so I finally dropped a little cash and bought 375 for like 6 bucks which has been put to use picking up one of those Darvo bundles (that gives you a orokin reactor + catalyst + warframe slot + weapon slot + 7day affinity and credit boost) and the rest will be saved for when ever a new helmet comes out for the Valkyr as her current secondary helmet looks pants (literally).

Old 2013-11-30, 20:31   Link #238
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I managed to get a 75% discount a while back, so i dropped that on 1000 platinum, for the princely sum of USD 12.50, or almost RM 50, which was basically a week f skipping lunch and eating dinner at home. Got Darvo's pack, which was helpful as I had Valkyr on the way, and am chasing Ash, Nyx and Frost.

Also Drake, what's that wall attack you were talking about?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-30, 21:07   Link #239
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

If you attack while your wall running you do a diving thrust attack, although its usually hard to aim precisely.

However the Valkyr's rip line ability is essentially a wall run and if you aim just in front of an enemy you can launch yourself at them (rather than pulling them to you) and perform a wall attack just before you reach them which if equipped with the Obex will hit with about 2.200 damage.

Its also super bad ass.

On a random note I realized today that I have all of Volts parts (including alt helms) except the chassis and now that the Golem boss has been replaced by Vlad I can no longer easily acquire it....

Old 2013-11-30, 23:07   Link #240
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Aha...

I've been playing Valkyr wrong in that I use Rip Line to get up high, then settle in to snipe.

Yeah, pretty much using Valkyr like an XCOM sniper.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja