AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-22, 20:31   Link #1001
Xacual

The event has started! Zombies everywhere?!?

If you go to Booty Bay there are crates that when you inspect them, infect you with the plague, now its a disease that can be cured. Apparently though, the longer the event goes the harder it becomes to cure.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 21:02   Link #1002
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wait, what?
Old 2008-10-22, 21:45   Link #1003
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Rep grinds to do so far in Northrend:

Oracle exalted for the trinket
Kirin Tor exalted for the gloves
Ebon Hold exalted for the boots and enchant
Wyrmflight exalted for the legs
Sons of Hodir exalted for the enchant

And there's a belt in The Nexus on Heroic that I need. Wish they had more heroic loot tables up than just The Nexus....
Old 2008-10-22, 22:50   Link #1004
Xacual

If you log in and go to booty bay on the dock are Conspicuous Crates, if you inspect them you get a disease that after 10 minutes turns you into a ghoul with ghoul abilities like corpse explosions, mangle, retch, basically stuff that spreads the disease. The disease at the start of the event can be cured instantly, but at the time I was playing earlier this pally had to cure himself 20 times to finally get it off.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2008-10-23, 00:48   Link #1005
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

These crates sound like that lovely poisoned grain back in ol' WC3... Remember those?
Old 2008-10-23, 01:47   Link #1006
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Agent Healers in cities will also heal you instantly.
Old 2008-10-23, 01:48   Link #1007
Xacual

Yep! I can't wait to see what the further progression of this event is. There were ghouls all over shattrath at one point tonight.

Old 2008-10-23, 02:22   Link #1008
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
If you log in and go to booty bay on the dock are Conspicuous Crates, if you inspect them you get a disease that after 10 minutes turns you into a ghoul with ghoul abilities like corpse explosions, mangle, retch, basically stuff that spreads the disease. The disease at the start of the event can be cured instantly, but at the time I was playing earlier this pally had to cure himself 20 times to finally get it off.

Wow is it on 3.0.2 live servers yet?
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 02:27   Link #1009
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Oh yes, I was on about an hour ago on live and got infected in Booty Bay...or anywhere else they are people really. There are some people swarming around Goldshire and Stormwind. You'll find bodies everywhere in Ironforge.

It infects guards and NPCs as well.

Some group wanted to do a zombie run of Kara.

Zombie-ghoul...whatever
Old 2008-10-23, 07:59   Link #1010
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Must... get... home...
Work... takes... too... long...
Must...log-o....
BRAAIIIIINS......
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 08:31   Link #1011
Maes
その目だれの目?

So apparently you can talk to the opposing faction while you're a ghoul. Blue posts have hinted at other things too, but I haven't seen anything conclusive other than that.
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 10:26   Link #1012
Xacual

Unless they hotfixed it, you could cross faction trade too.

Old 2008-10-23, 14:05   Link #1013
Ending

This zombie thing is a bit boring on a PvE server, since you can't attack the damn things. They're still counted as blue-shielded players instead of monsters! Also, it has no permanent effect, since it can be removed simply by dying. I was hoping that the effect would be permanent until WOTKL ships (and some Northrend cure comes with it).
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 14:15   Link #1014
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
This zombie thing is a bit boring on a PvE server, since you can't attack the damn things. They're still counted as blue-shielded players instead of monsters! Also, it has no permanent effect, since it can be removed simply by dying. I was hoping that the effect would be permanent until WOTKL ships (and some Northrend cure comes with it).
You can attack them, just not in Shattrath (it's still a sanctuary, which means no PvP whatsoever). Anywhere else is fair game.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 14:27   Link #1015
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yeah that horde of zombies that came out of Northshire to Goldshire were all red while people were busy dealing with the fires. The ones in Stormwind, Ironforge, and Booty Bay were quite red.I've even seen a few in other places (Westfall, Tauran Mill, and Eastern Plaguelands). Just where ever someone who is infected goes I suppose. I didn't know they were controlled so I just let loose on anyone I saw turn into a zombie.
Old 2008-10-23, 14:34   Link #1016
Ending

@ Clarste

Oh, guess that makes it a bit better even if it's still odd: why would Shattrath protect Scourge zombies? It's also annoying that I can't target other players or NPCs with Abolish Disease :/
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 16:23   Link #1017
Komori
D:

Meet my Voidwalker, Klaththak.

This is his threat on a mob at IQD. It peaks just under 10k threat for me but I'm sure it could go higher. That's not a glitch either. That's just what happens when you have Demonic Brutality and pop Demonic Empowerment.

The mob was at 58% health when I took the picture so use your imagination.

Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 17:45   Link #1018
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Loving this event, and how Shatt is a sanctuary even for the Scourge. I just wiped out every attackable NPC in the market area of Lower City, and most of the unattackable ones were aggro'd and killed by my own personal army. I also killed that stupid gnome that always spams about the daily goggle quest. He then killed an afk lv 70.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 18:02   Link #1019
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Some guildies and I had some fun with that and did a zombie take over of Lakeshire . It was funny when you see chat/vent that looked like:

-Keep puking! I need more HP back
-Lvl 23 pally! Get it!
-Bwahaha, Lakeshire will be ours!

Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 19:07   Link #1020
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I succeeded in my longtime goal of getting Haris Pilton killed. Tinkerbell is immortal though, she drops to 1 hp and stops taking damage.

The 70 elite dragon blood elf in the tavern that ports you to CoT is also not very elite, can kill her really fast as a ghoul, haha. She interestingly also doesn't become a ghoul (surprised Blizz had the foresight to make her unaffected by the plague), she actually dies and has loot sparkles but I have not seen her actually drop anything. Don't mess with the 62 elite Broken guy in the market area though, he hits for over 1k, haha.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows