AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-27, 23:58   Link #2081
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post

Pics of the SW stuff I got while I was in Japan. I would've gotten more, but I never managed to reach the main male sections on all three days of Comiket. For some reason, I was assigned to the yaoi-ridden West Halls within my group... Then again, there was also the issue of having no more space in my luggage.
You should have just thrown out your clothes, you could always buy more of them later.

Quote:
Spoiler for Tiger in Desert 2:
You know on reflection I feel compelled to point out that Rock and Roll as a type of music really didn’t emerge until the 50s. Though I did get a bit of a laugh thanks to that line the other night while playing a sim when I saw this transpire in the chat. Alas no one acutally busted out "let's rock and/or roll" during the mad rush into the battle though I was sorely tempted.

Quote:
Ursula basically becomes a non-character later on, since she ends up doing, well, nothing. Beurling would probably be the most popular character. She gets quite a bit of back-story in Chap6 of Book1. Now, if only a certain lazbusy someone would get translating...
Besides Tomoko( and maybe Haruka), Beurling definitely gets the most fanart. Rudel probably gets the most for a supporting character.
I rather like Elma, but she's far from being popular.
Of course Beurling would be the most popular no other outcome is possible in the face of her awesomeness.

As for Ursula that hardly surprises me she has like what a half dozen lines even in the few chaps we have translated? The "Just doesn't care" type character can seem like a good idea until you realize "You know if they just don't care they never do anything."

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 08:27   Link #2082
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
The anime has quite a good reputation in some boards.
- More of a sign that I got to all of the wrong ones.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 22:41   Link #2083
mg1942

heads up!

New strike witches shooting game to be released exclusively on XBOX 360

Last edited by mg1942; 2009-09-06 at 22:55.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 02:46   Link #2084
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
New strike witches shooting game to be released exclusively on XBOX 360
The producer probably will be Cyber Front.

It seems that the second season of the anime is still in pre-production.

"At the talk show it was mentioned that the screenwriting is half way done, but details like airing schedule and production studio are still up in the air."
Source: http://en.gigazine.net/index.php?/ne...e_witches_stg/
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 10:30   Link #2085
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
The producer probably will be Cyber Front.

It seems that the second season of the anime is still in pre-production.

"At the talk show it was mentioned that the screenwriting is half way done, but details like airing schedule and production studio are still up in the air."
Source: http://en.gigazine.net/index.php?/ne...e_witches_stg/
It's good to see that there's progress being made. I really hope it sticks with GONZO. Sudden shifts in studio have really killed some previous second seasons (Gunslinger Girl ~il teatrino) comes to mind.

I mentioned to my brother the other day, "Speaking of games, you know what's coming out for X-Box? A Strike Witches shooting game." To which he curtly replied, "I'm not letting you use my X-Box to play something like that." I guess I won't be getting it then (´・ω・`) Though, like Idolmaster, there's a good chance it might be region-locked.

Like others, I sure wish they did a PC release. PC gaming is superior to console gaming.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 04:42   Link #2086
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
I mentioned to my brother the other day, "Speaking of games, you know what's coming out for X-Box? A Strike Witches shooting game." To which he curtly replied, "I'm not letting you use my X-Box to play something like that."
- You should have gave him a maniacal grin and rubbed your hands. And then spend the rest of the week mentally torturing him by sneaking around, eyeing his XBox and going "Mwe he he he...
Old 2009-09-12, 22:14   Link #2087
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- You should have gave him a maniacal grin and rubbed your hands. And then spend the rest of the week mentally torturing him by sneaking around, eyeing his XBox and going "Mwe he he he...
You're an evil, evil person.
Old 2009-09-14, 05:14   Link #2088
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
You're an evil, evil person.
- Thank you. It's an essential Pointy-Haired Manager Skillset.
Old 2009-09-14, 16:36   Link #2089
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
It's good to see that there's progress being made. I really hope it sticks with GONZO. Sudden shifts in studio have really killed some previous second seasons (Gunslinger Girl ~il teatrino) comes to mind.
Yeah for all the talk unless like the entire staff switches companies it's rare that a sudden shift in production staff doesn't have a negetive effect. (happens in games allot too.)

Quote:
I mentioned to my brother the other day, "Speaking of games, you know what's coming out for X-Box? A Strike Witches shooting game." To which he curtly replied, "I'm not letting you use my X-Box to play something like that." I guess I won't be getting it then (´・ω・`) Though, like Idolmaster, there's a good chance it might be region-locked.
Which was never something I could understand at all it's like companies got together and said "hey lets make it so we can't earn extra money off export." which like boggles my mind. Yeah sure the market wouldn't be huge, but the customers would be paying for the importing and the units would still be moving so it would be profit all the same.

Quote:
Like others, I sure wish they did a PC release. PC gaming is superior to console gaming.
Well I doubt they'd get me off my real sims anyway and I'm not quite a big enough nerd to pay to import something I can't understand anyway so this is mostly acdemic to me.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 21:09   Link #2090
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post

Well I doubt they'd get me off my real sims anyway and I'm not quite a big enough nerd to pay to import something I can't understand anyway so this is mostly acdemic to me.
It's a shooting game, though. Like the many Touhou games I have imported, it's not like you actually have to read the text to get full enjoyment.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 21:40   Link #2091
mg1942

wait a minute...

so the new game for xbox is just a 2d tetris-like gameplay?

if it's true then what a waste of 3.2 GHz PowerPC Tri-Core Xenon and 500 MHz ATI Xenos
Old 2009-09-15, 05:03   Link #2092
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
its probably gonna be a 2.5d game.. with 3D characters and objects, moving on two axises..
so i think its still gonna look pretty :P
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 00:28   Link #2093
mg1942

I love my old Super NES but it's BS if they'll give us 16/32bit graphics and gameplay to xbox360.

I read that Microsoft even gives subsidies to game publishers just to secure "exclusive titles".

Last edited by mg1942; 2009-09-17 at 01:26.
Old 2009-09-17, 02:46   Link #2094
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Hang on, is this SW shooting game going to be on XboX Live? Because that might explain things--lot cheaper to make simple games and release them as downloadable for minimal cost. MicroSoft seems to be pushing Live a little bit more now (which could be good or bad, depending).

...for all we know, that SW shooting game could very well be the same touhou-like game previously mentioned, just sold on XBox Live in Japan.

@Selkirk: friends of mine are going to Japan later on, some of them for the 2nd or 3rd time. They mention that one quick way is to mail stuff back home while they're there, leaving their luggage free. Since you're grabbing mostly doujinshi, it might be cheaper for you to try mailing those to your home and putting figurines et al in your bag the next time?
Old 2009-09-17, 05:47   Link #2095
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
@Selkirk: friends of mine are going to Japan later on, some of them for the 2nd or 3rd time. They mention that one quick way is to mail stuff back home while they're there, leaving their luggage free. Since you're grabbing mostly doujinshi, it might be cheaper for you to try mailing those to your home and putting figurines et al in your bag the next time?
I thought of that, and some of the people in my group did exactly that, but meh. I didn't really have that much to get, and prefer to move around light (not to mention saving some money and, let's face it, generally not that good stuff). And, I was mostly only getting doujinshi and books anyway. Not much of a figure person myself... these notwithstanding.

Anyway, the Tiger in Desert Vol.2 is making the rounds on the internet. It's being scanlated now, will probably be done in a week or so.
Old 2009-09-18, 07:32   Link #2096
Guppy

Quote:
Anyway, the Tiger in Desert Vol.2 is making the rounds on the internet. It's being scanlated now, will probably be done in a week or so.
Just got a look at it... oh, that's nice.

Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 08:14   Link #2097
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Just got a look at it... oh, that's nice.
Most definitely. I'll bet I had a stupid grin the entire time I was reading it after Comiket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Spoiler for ?:

Last edited by selkirk; 2009-09-29 at 07:36.
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 08:49   Link #2098
Guppy

Spoiler for Tiger in Desert 2 + various:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 11:06   Link #2099
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Found a torrent claiming to hold the doujin... but the zips in it were all corrupted. Anyone got a quick link to it?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 14:43   Link #2100
Vlakc
Force Commander

speaking about the doujin, i have been searching on the internet, but i can't find any of this doujin: witch in africa, tiger in desert vol 1 and 2, can someone help me please, tell me a page to find them, or at least a link. thank you
Vlakc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume