AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-29, 22:45   Link #1621
Galaxian

I really don't like how this became the Ash-Greninja show. This is far worse than the Infernape obsession back in Sinnoh (one of the few flaws that region had).
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 04:14   Link #1622
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
That was the only truly good battle of the whole thing. the rest were average at best
actully sufluff and goodra was a draw. none of them lost
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 04:49   Link #1623
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I really don't like how this became the Ash-Greninja show. This is far worse than the Infernape obsession back in Sinnoh (one of the few flaws that region had).
The infernape obsession wasnt a flaw necessarily as much as it was an emphasis point. They wanted to show that Pauls harsh actions were not the way to bring out the power chimchar had and showed in flashes. This is far worse because Infernapes was just a perma-blaze if you will. This feels like they made something up to account for the fact that Ash woulda got smoked by Sawyer and the lack of a mega evolution. Plus if you watch Ash Greninja and the battles its involved in most of them he has a MASSIVE type disadvantage. Mega Snow against wulfric. The altaria and even worse Mega Sceptile. Plus Greninja has managed to absolutely TANK and i mean tank 5 super effective shots while basically using cut to win. As for the finish i mean damn mega sceptile is grass and dragon water shuriken should be doing zilch. But hey thats the writers. They did well with the first two battles especially the battle with the rock gym leader but after that they just resort to plot no jutsu for ash in most if not all his gym battles. Ramos and wulfric being the worst of all.

Somehow they HAVE to make Ash Greninja part of Sun and Moon. They have no choice but to

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
actully sufluff and goodra was a draw. none of them lost
Okay i gotcha but i said lose because Slurpluff shoulda never been knocked out by goodra in any sense of the word.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 06:03   Link #1624
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Its still much better then Alain show.
I mean , Ash still felt the pain of Ash-Greninja! He actually putting his body on the line.
But Alain is putting nothing on the line, He doesn't even wanted to be champion! He just wish to satisfy his ego by beating Ash-Greninja.

PS : I actually want someone like Kari Kamiya (Digimon) as Ash's Love-interest.
Basically A girl with Genuine Cuteness who's really hard to get.
Kari has this charm that make her more attractive then other girl and she really really hard to get.
I often like to imagine how Adventure 02 would have been if Davis was replace by Ash.
Serena doesn't count because Ash already got her without any effort.
May is the only other person who has that Charm and hard to get for Ash because of Drew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I'm talking about Greninja being able to even do a freaking Fire Shuriken, not even being a Protean Greninja (which he isn't, unless the writers all of a sudden conviniently want him to be) should make that possible.
I have a Theory ,
I think Ash-greninja has ability similar to Speed Boost But it boost Ash-Greninja's Attack on every turn instate of Speed.
That explain how the Shuriken become bigger and Bigger during battle.
So , I think , Ash-Greninja's Shruiken become Orange when its fight for a Long time and his ability kept on boosting his attack.

Last edited by Idealist 99; 2016-07-30 at 07:17.
Idealist 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 08:12   Link #1625
AnimeManiac123

Geez this is like the pokemon anime bashing thread if you want to bash or criticize the pokemon anime then I suggest you make a new thread for that, this is the pokemon anime general thread where we discuss what happened in each episode, not a thread where we go "oh the new pokemon xy anime sucks and is the worst!" after all.
Besides your hatred for the xy anime is making you blind to the many positive things about it. Don't forget that the directors and staff worked hard to give us what we want so you have no right to say those kind of things!
people these days are always greedy and harsh

Last edited by AnimeManiac123; 2016-07-30 at 08:24. Reason: More Ranting
AnimeManiac123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 09:19   Link #1626
Idealist 99

I had this thought today , What if Ash-Greninja has the power to turn Water into Plasma?
Maybe , That giant Orange Disk is a Shuriken made of Plasma .
Old 2016-07-30, 11:10   Link #1627
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeManiac123 View Post
Geez this is like the pokemon anime bashing thread if you want to bash or criticize the pokemon anime then I suggest you make a new thread for that, this is the pokemon anime general thread where we discuss what happened in each episode, not a thread where we go "oh the new pokemon xy anime sucks and is the worst!" after all.
Besides your hatred for the xy anime is making you blind to the many positive things about it. Don't forget that the directors and staff worked hard to give us what we want so you have no right to say those kind of things!
people these days are always greedy and harsh
And this isn't the "praise the anime thread" either, you take the good with the bad. If we don't like something we are free to complain about it because it's our opinion amd seeing as many of us are long time fans we are going to have some pretty strong criticism against something that we care about, a good fan doesn't jus blindly praise something just because they like it, they also are it's biggest critics.

Every point that we have brought up is acceptable, it's not like we are making shit up out of thin air to discredit the series, if anything we want it to be better more than anyone else. We made our points if you disagree you can either contest them with your own points or ignore them.

Also, if we think that the directors and writers are doing a bad job than that is (again) our opinion (it's not like we are wishing them ill or anyrhing), I mean are you willing saying the same for the BvS movie and defending Zack Snyder, the cast and crew who also worked hard on making that movie that just gets shit on at every turn? I loved that movie and don't like the hate it gets (especially the harsher more unwarranted hate), but I do understand the frustration (to be fair I did wait to see the UE but I still understand it) and either try to point out why it wasn't as bad as they make it out to be with my own points or just ignore them and let them think what they want.
Old 2016-07-30, 14:09   Link #1628
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

To be fair, I think it's unreasonable for y'all to criticize the anime for not caring about type match ups. When it has basically never truly cared about type match ups. Like, type match ups basically just make things harder, but they don't decide anything.

Pikachu beating onyx because of water is the most BS thing ever, but that should set the tone for what you should expect. If they're resistant to electricity, I don't think having water on them would make the electricity any stronger even if they got weaker lol.

And pikachu has gotten stronger at the end of and weaker at the beginning of every season. I agree that it's truly strange that ash has bonded so much with greninja while pikachu is taking a back seat, but... The truly annoying things are the small touches like ash not reacting strongly upon seeing that korrina has a lucario which he should have nostalgia towards at least as a Pokemon species.

Not to mention Ash not growing up very much... Sigh.

I still haven't seen Sinnoh so I guess I don't really know what I'm missing and how much worse this might be, but I don't necessarily think this season is bad though.

I think that apart from the Pokemon ash has caught, he's doing alright.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 14:38   Link #1629
elior

Quote:
The infernape obsession wasnt a flaw necessarily as much as it was an emphasis point. They wanted to show that Pauls harsh actions were not the way to bring out the power chimchar had and showed in flashes. This is far worse because Infernapes was just a perma-blaze if you will. This feels like they made something up to account for the fact that Ash woulda got smoked by Sawyer and the lack of a mega evolution. Plus if you watch Ash Greninja and the battles its involved in most of them he has a MASSIVE type disadvantage. Mega Snow against wulfric. The altaria and even worse Mega Sceptile. Plus Greninja has managed to absolutely TANK and i mean tank 5 super effective shots while basically using cut to win. As for the finish i mean damn mega sceptile is grass and dragon water shuriken should be doing zilch. But hey thats the writers. They did well with the first two battles especially the battle with the rock gym leader but after that they just resort to plot no jutsu for ash in most if not all his gym battles. Ramos and wulfric being the worst of all.

Somehow they HAVE to make Ash Greninja part of Sun and Moon. They have no choice but to

Okay i gotcha but i said lose because Slurpluff shoulda never been knocked out by goodra in any sense of the word.
i just want to ask you this. since the anime never truly cared about type advange and disadvange during rival matches or gyms most of the times then how this one make it any diffrent?i talking on most of the generations not only this one.
Old 2016-07-30, 14:59   Link #1630
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
I had this thought today , What if Ash-Greninja has the power to turn Water into Plasma?
Maybe , That giant Orange Disk is a Shuriken made of Plasma .
i think you right becouse the way his shuriken looks like every time he turn into ash greninja it look like plasma. also if we consider the how longer were ash battles with souta and alan before the league i think your theory about his shuriken grow the longer the battle go on is true
Old 2016-07-31, 04:04   Link #1631
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
i just want to ask you this. since the anime never truly cared about type advange and disadvange during rival matches or gyms most of the times then how this one make it any diffrent?i talking on most of the generations not only this one.
They've cared a decent bit about advantages and disadvantages over the years. Sure there are some notable cases of them ignoring it but it goes both ways. Recently the trend has been to ignore it but over the years they have most certainly cared.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2016-07-31, 08:23   Link #1632
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
They've cared a decent bit about advantages and disadvantages over the years. Sure there are some notable cases of them ignoring it but it goes both ways. Recently the trend has been to ignore it but over the years they have most certainly cared.
This recent trend has actually made Pokemon to completely betrayed its rules to an extent.

If anyone recalls Kanto (way, way back from the beginning), Ash and Misty were passing through Viridian Forest, and he attempted to catch a Pidgeotto using recently caught Caterpie. It blew up in his face as Caterpie was completely powerless against Pidgeotto chasing it, which at the time Misty scolded Ash for his lack of criteria commenting that Pokemon is about strategy, and one of them is knowing the type advantages/disadvantages.

At that time those rookies mistakes were understandable to the viewers, since at Kanto Ash had just barely started his pokemon journey career, and not to mention at that time as well he had just barely won Pikachu's trust and camaraderie.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 08:32   Link #1633
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
This recent trend has actually made Pokemon to completely betrayed its rules to an extent.

If anyone recalls Kanto (way, way back from the beginning), Ash and Misty were passing through Viridian Forest, and he attempted to catch a Pidgeotto using recently caught Caterpie. It blew up in his face as Caterpie was completely powerless against Pidgeotto chasing it, which at the time Misty scolded Ash for his lack of criteria commenting that Pokemon is about strategy, and one of them is knowing the type advantages/disadvantages.

At that time those rookies mistakes were understandable to the viewers, since at Kanto Ash had just barely started his pokemon journey career, and not to mention at that time as well he had just barely won Pikachu's trust and camaraderie.
The dangerous trend in this gen is unworthy Pokemon but pokemon who seem to be tanking Super effective hit after hit and winning to 1 small hit. After the battle with korrina. He won badge 4 with Frogadier against a grass gym and good lord how many times did Frogadier (who by the way is frail defensively) eat 5 or 6 attacks.
5 was clemont and while i get why they did it him using Bunnelby was such a stupid move. Never quite understood that
6 he won with Hawlucha and that was ridiculous too considering how overmatched Hawlucha should've been
7 was Olympia and good lord did that battle seem flawed. Taking a huge amount of hits and winning on practically nothing.
8 was wulfric and i gotta wonder how despite the power-up greninja again ate super effective and powerful attacks and beat an ice and grass type with very little.

Look at the league. Alain may be incredibly strong but honestly he maybe used 1 flamethrower and butchered mega charizard and i dont buy that. Then he offscreen beats Aerodactyl and Florges with the same pokemon.

Ash greninja beats altaria who again he has huge advantages against and if you watched this last battle it once again made zero sense how they're getting the wins especially in episode 2. The aegilslash move was clever but im kinda like ughh really. The rest of it was a joke but the Ash Greninja sceptile battle as epic as it was. He ate at least 3 leafstorms and other attacks. Greninja should not be surviving that. Especially seeing as how he won with a giga water shuriken which is one of the weakest water attacks in the show

Old 2016-07-31, 08:45   Link #1634
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
The dangerous trend in this gen is unworthy Pokemon but pokemon who seem to be tanking Super effective hit after hit and winning to 1 small hit. After the battle with korrina. He won badge 4 with Frogadier against a grass gym and good lord how many times did Frogadier (who by the way is frail defensively) eat 5 or 6 attacks.
5 was clemont and while i get why they did it him using Bunnelby was such a stupid move. Never quite understood that
6 he won with Hawlucha and that was ridiculous too considering how overmatched Hawlucha should've been
7 was Olympia and good lord did that battle seem flawed. Taking a huge amount of hits and winning on practically nothing.
8 was wulfric and i gotta wonder how despite the power-up greninja again ate super effective and powerful attacks and beat an ice and grass type with very little.

Look at the league. Alain may be incredibly strong but honestly he maybe used 1 flamethrower and butchered mega charizard and i dont buy that. Then he offscreen beats Aerodactyl and Florges with the same pokemon.

Ash greninja beats altaria who again he has huge advantages against and if you watched this last battle it once again made zero sense how they're getting the wins especially in episode 2. The aegilslash move was clever but im kinda like ughh really. The rest of it was a joke but the Ash Greninja sceptile battle as epic as it was. He ate at least 3 leafstorms and other attacks. Greninja should not be surviving that. Especially seeing as how he won with a giga water shuriken which is one of the weakest water attacks in the show
My point exactly. Everything you mentioned made me bored to death. The fact that the writers insist on infusing this show with pseudo-shonen genre tropes in order to justify for Ash and his team pulling through the type disadvantages and limitations.

Why they're so obsessed to showcase the audience that only through bonds powered-up with fiery, fighting spirit can make a trainer win any battles without breaking a sweat, and breaking no sweat I mean it in the context plowing and plowing through super-effective hits without taking no visible damage?

It's stupid, and it's made even stupider with all the unnecessary preachiness Ash spouts.
If it wasn't enough the preachy message on the importance of bonds with Pokemon to draw out their full potential in battles, they also had made Ash at the start of the Kalos League preaching about the importance of the badges earned, and how represent symbols of a trainers earned effort.

My God!! Why they brought that again?
Why they also had to preach about the badges?

That was ok and necessary back in Kanto, but it's just plain waste of dialogue and absurd to me bringing that again Kalos.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 08:55   Link #1635
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
My point exactly. Everything you mentioned made me bored to death. The fact that the writers insist on infusing this show with pseudo-shonen genre tropes in order to justify for Ash and his team pulling through the type disadvantages and limitations.

Why they're so obsessed to showcase the audience that only through bonds powered-up with fiery, fighting spirit can make a trainer win any battles without breaking a sweat, and breaking no sweat I mean it in the context plowing and plowing through super-effective hits without taking no visible damage?

It's stupid, and it's made even stupider with all the unnecessary preachiness Ash spouts.
If it wasn't enough the preachy message on the importance of bonds with Pokemon to draw out their full potential in battles, they also had made Ash at the start of the Kalos League preaching about the importance of the badges earned, and how represent symbols of a trainers earned effort.

My God!! Why they brought that again?
Why they also had to preach about the badges?

That was ok and necessary back in Kanto, but it's just plain waste of dialogue and absurd to me bringing that again Kalos.
Nothing made me laugh more then when Ash accepted that battle in the hallway headed to his match and its like you dont deserve this. I hope Alain wins because seeing him beat Alain would be disgraceful

Old 2016-08-01, 05:01   Link #1636
Idealist 99

Quote:
i think you right becouse the way his shuriken looks like every time he turn into ash greninja it look like plasma. also if we consider the how longer were ash battles with souta and alan before the league i think your theory about his shuriken grow the longer the battle go on is true
Off course , Many attack such as "Hyper beam" or "Flash Canon" should be classify as Plasma based attack.
I mean , Those attack aren't in Solid , Liquid or Gas state so that only leave Plasma.

Furthermore , New Dragon Claw should also be classify as an plasma based attack where user hit foe with claw made of Plasma.
I mean , What does Dragon Claw made off ? Its not solid , liquid or gas.
Instate , Those are claw made of green color energy which should classify as Plasma.
Old 2016-08-01, 06:54   Link #1637
elior

Quote:
Off course , Many attack such as "Hyper beam" or "Flash Canon" should be classify as Plasma based attack.
I mean , Those attack aren't in Solid , Liquid or Gas state so that only leave Plasma.

Furthermore , New Dragon Claw should also be classify as an plasma based attack where user hit foe with claw made of Plasma.
I mean , What does Dragon Claw made off ? Its not solid , liquid or gas.
Instate , Those are claw made of green color energy which should classify as Plasma.
yes your right. also for me i dont think alan losing to ash will be discrasful at all. in fact even with those advange and disadvange it will be great step up
Old 2016-08-01, 23:36   Link #1638
Idealist 99

No Gym in Alola.
There is litterly no reason for Ash to lose the Kalos League! Specially to an Jerk named Alain who gets special treatment from writers!
Old 2016-08-02, 05:00   Link #1639
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
No Gym in Alola.
There is litterly no reason for Ash to lose the Kalos League! Specially to an Jerk named Alain who gets special treatment from writers!
Spare me the special treatment stuff. Everybody acknowledges Mega Evolution was more compelling then the story so they add Alain to bring spice to the story.

Old 2016-08-02, 05:37   Link #1640
Idealist 99

Mallow might be Ash's next traveling companion if those leak are true.
Currently , I want Ash to catch an Alolan Ninetales.

Quote:
Spare me the special treatment stuff. Everybody acknowledges Mega Evolution was more compelling then the story so they add Alain to bring spice to the story.
They could give Ash Mega evolution from the start.
Furthermore Alain is just a Spin-off protagonist but he got Free Keystone , Mega Charizard , 2 Pseudo-legendary pokemon and beaten a E4 trainer.
Have you notice that Only one trainer beaten Alain in a On-screen battle ?
Ash is the main protagonist and even he never got so many thing for free.