AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-10, 14:40   Link #1
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
Great Kazoo Scavenger Hunt Contest!

Welcome everyone to the Great Kazoo Scavenger Hunt Contest!

For a long time people have noticed the spiffy kazoo banners that mark the members of the Kazoo Club. Now it is time for us to become something more than a neat signature that everyone else is envious of. We are going to sponsor a contest here on AnimeSuki complete with neat prizes. This contest is a scavenger hunt across the forum. Feel free to rely on your imagination, memory and even the much neglected SEARCH function.

Spoiler for Great Kazoo Scavenger Hunt:

Spoiler:

This contest will be broken up into 20 rounds of indeterminate length. Each round will begin with a member of our club presenting a riddle. The answer to these riddles is somewhere on AnimeSuki. Your answer to each riddle must be a link to a member, post or entire thread on AnimeSuki. We guarantee that every riddle we present will have an answer. Each round will end as soon as someone has provided a correct answer. Once that happens, the first person to provide a correct answer will receive one point and a member of our club will announce the end of the round. If a round drags on for too long we will announce the correct answer and end the round without anyone getting a point.

At the end of all 20 rounds we will announce the winners based upon whomever has the most points. If there is a tie, then we will provide tie-breaker rounds in which only the tied contestants will be allowed to compete. If any unforseen situation arises that requires consideration, the Kazoo Club will decide how to deal with the matter as a unit. We expect that everyone will have fun with our contest and compete with honor.

Finally, I am sure that everyone want to know what they are competing for.
  • First prize will win a 30 dollar gift certificate at Amazon.com. I expect that this prize will be used to purchase an anime OST or DVD, but the choice is up to the winner.
  • For the second prize we are awarding the amazing prize of A Kazoo! I'm sure that this this will ensure that second place will be hotly contested by everyone who wants to know what a kazoo is! I hope that nobody will be so eager to get a kazoo that they purposefully miss a question on purpose to avoid getting stuck with the gift certificate!
  • Finally third prize is a secret so nobody will know what it is until the contest is over. Prepare to be amazed!
Who is eligible? I'm glad that you asked. Every member of AnimeSuki is available as long as they are not member of our esteemed Kazoo Club. This means that moderators are welcome to join in on the fun as long as they are not also members of the club. Of course, they would be tough competitors to beat since they know this forum very well.

Now, it is time for the first round. The riddle for you to solve is...

Gaining and losing power
is the name of the game.
Some people don't like it,
and yet others love it.
Some can only hope to improve,
yet others are on a distinguished road

Please list the URL for a thread.

It would be nice if you named the thread also, to make it easier for us to check your post, but it is the URL link that will be used to verify if you win.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-05-11 at 00:14.
Old 2004-05-10, 14:47   Link #2
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Is it the Reputation thread? I am not sure if this is how it works... *edi for url tags*
Old 2004-05-10, 14:48   Link #3
Red HamsterX
Eien no ai~

Send a message via ICQ to Red HamsterX
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ight=Rate+User
Old 2004-05-10, 15:00   Link #4
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

The thing is, I doubt reputation as something to do with Gaining and losing power if it as its kinda none-sense. Reputation gives no power..
Old 2004-05-10, 15:11   Link #5
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
The thing is, I doubt reputation as something to do with Gaining and losing power if it as its kinda none-sense. Reputation gives no power..
It has to be the reputation. "Distinguished road" totally gives it away. Man, I could have beat Taboo if I wasn't busy watching Fullmetal Alchemist 31
Old 2004-05-10, 15:12   Link #6
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Gunbound Guild!
Old 2004-05-10, 15:15   Link #7
Taboo
Riceball!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
It has to be the reputation. "Distinguished road" totally gives it away. Man, I could have beat Taboo if I wasn't busy watching Fullmetal Alchemist 31
LOL, they announced it in the IRC channel. I don't know if thats right though, since the round is supposed to end when somoene guesses the right answer.
Old 2004-05-10, 15:16   Link #8
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Well when they say power, they speak about reputation power : the more high your reputation is, the more your 'rep power' is strong.
Distinguished road is the highest green power, while can only improve is the worst grey one (well so far I haven't seen anything else).
This is definitly this I think this was a bit too easy though
Old 2004-05-10, 15:20   Link #9
7thMethuselah

i don't know what the idea is but I like this thread allready
Old 2004-05-10, 15:45   Link #10
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I never understood the whole 'Kazoo' joke.... Could someone please explain the Kazoo obsession?
Old 2004-05-10, 15:48   Link #11
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

How long does it take for them to check? Taboo obsiously got the answer... so lets move on eh?
Old 2004-05-10, 15:52   Link #12
Taboo
Riceball!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
How long does it take for them to check? Taboo obsiously got the answer... so lets move on eh?
I don't know. LOL People were talking about me posting there in IRC while GATX207_Blitz was still in it and talking. Thats what makes me think its not right. If they don't say when its wrong it will likely discourage other people from guessing.
Old 2004-05-10, 15:53   Link #13
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
whatever, i'll just give it a go with another thread wether it be wrong or not, the playing should be fun
maybe one this taking the "name of the game lead' death is loss alive is winning
Old 2004-05-10, 16:00   Link #14
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I'm going to take a stab at it...

A game where gaining and loosing power is everything...

I'll suggest this thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=12113 Is FFXI worth playing? or any other of the FFXI threads. >.>;
Old 2004-05-10, 16:10   Link #15
aahhsin

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=12500

guess I'll go for La Pulcile Tactics...

Bunch of characters gaining losing power
Some people suck in strategy
while other's are bomb in it.

Works for me.
Old 2004-05-10, 16:12   Link #16
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Alright I'll take a shot. Is it the adding a strike system thread? Thru the system members gain/lose power....don't know how it would fit into the distinguished road part of the riddle though *shrugs*

EDIT:

By the way Kazoo club, what are the rules regarding posting multiple answers? Are people only allowed one guess per riddle, are they allowed to make multiple guesses within a single post (probably a bad idea...)? If you haven't thought of this yet, I would suggest letting people post multiple times BUT:

A) You may only post one link/guess per thread, and may NOT change it

B) You have to make a new post for every guess, and you can't double post (so if you make a guess, you have to wait until at least one person posts another answer before you can try guessing again). Just my opinion
Old 2004-05-10, 16:32   Link #17
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Well when they say power, they speak about reputation power : the more high your reputation is, the more your 'rep power' is strong.
Distinguished road is the highest green power, while can only improve is the worst grey one (well so far I haven't seen anything else).
This is definitly this I think this was a bit too easy though
You get another title once you reach 50. It's not very exciting, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
By the way Kazoo club, what are the rules regarding posting multiple answers? Are people only allowed one guess per riddle, are they allowed to make multiple guesses within a single post (probably a bad idea...)? If you haven't thought of this yet, I would suggest letting people post multiple times BUT:

A) You may only post one link/guess per thread, and may NOT change it

B) You have to make a new post for every guess, and you can't double post (so if you make a guess, you have to wait until at least one person posts another answer before you can try guessing again). Just my opinion
You can post as many times as you want until someone gets it right.
Old 2004-05-10, 16:37   Link #18
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'd ask that people do not simply post a slew of answers without waiting to hear if they are right or wrong or else we might be forced to disqualify them for spamming or something. As we wrote in the rules, we hope that people will comport themselves with honor or else we'll have to consider the situation and deal with it as we see fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
Is it the Reputation thread? I am not sure if this is how it works... *edi for url tags*
As a Kazoo Club member, I will announce that the first round is over. Taboo now has 1 point.

We are currently debating if we will have more than one round a day, so the next round might being at any moment... or not. Stay tuned for details.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-05-10, 16:37   Link #19
KaeMeera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Calm down... The thread was only posted today and less than an hour ago, by my watch.
Old 2004-05-10, 17:24   Link #20
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

We have decided to have a maximum of 3 rounds per day. The next round might be announced at the same time as we announce the winner of the previous round... or it might not! We aim to keep you guessing.

Now for Round 2:

A whore roamed the castle,
a person with a flaming body.
The person sought the eyes
of all the king's men.
When the castle fell,
the whore stole their eyes
and made the king mad.

What is the URL of my thread?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, kazoo, scavenger hunt