AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-13, 00:46   Link #81
Aesthetic Shampoo

To reduce the pathetic effect, i think he shouldn't have listened to their demands. Just stand there. If you want to take off my pants, then you bend down and pull them down. And stop talking and be passive toward the whole thing.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 04:40   Link #82
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Yeah, but now his siblings now see their brother is a pathetic weakling who talks big but does nothing. Furthermore, those bullies might continue messing with him since he won't fight back to the point they won't hesitant to beat him up.

Somebody should tell him to stand up, maybe the Queen's little brother.

Talks big? When?He has never acted like it.

The only way for him to learn martial art, is in the school..because he has not time for it, i think that everyone has seen the typical day of Jae Gu...so, i hope that he ask Dai Dai or someone of the girls, to help him...to learn to defend himself and his siblings...
Old 2011-12-13, 05:09   Link #83
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Talks big? When?He has never acted like it.

The only way for him to learn martial art, is in the school..because he has not time for it, i think that everyone has seen the typical day of Jae Gu...so, i hope that he ask Dai Dai or someone of the girls, to help him...to learn to defend himself and his siblings...
When he talks back to the girls at his school. He may act mighty and tells em off but when confronted with people he's afraid off like the bullies, he's not the same person anymore. The only reason he stand up to the girls like the Queen was his Mommy issues.

Oh and about him having no time for martial arts, he can since he's under a scholarship. If he did practice and participate, the principal might even pay for the time he's spent learning martial arts.
Old 2011-12-13, 05:16   Link #84
Mentar
Banned

Hm. In a way, I wouldn't be surprised if he was rescued by a girl now - my pick would be Dal Dal. This kind of unfair humiliation MIGHT be a valid motivation to learn at least enough self-defense to offer resistance. Then again, being 3-teamed is ugly in any case.

If my gut feeling is correct, the point is that not only generic "women" are (more correctly: can be) monsters, but guys as well. He needs friends who do NOT screw him over. And so far, pretty much every girl he's run into so far would fit the bill.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 08:12   Link #85
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
When he talks back to the girls at his school. He may act mighty and tells em off but when confronted with people he's afraid off like the bullies, he's not the same person anymore. The only reason he stand up to the girls like the Queen was his Mommy issues.

Oh and about him having no time for martial arts, he can since he's under a scholarship. If he did practice and participate, the principal might even pay for the time he's spent learning martial arts.
Jae Gu speaks to the girls in this way...probably for what happened with his mother,or maybe, because they are girls...

Yes he can learn martial art, but if he gets hurt?Who cares about his siblings?
Who make food for his siblings?..the priority in his life are his siblings...

And yes...if Jae Gu want to learn martial art..not only someone must help economically , but someone has to help him with his siblings...

Don't get me wrong..i'm the one that want to see him fight this bastard and kick their asses...but i cant be against him for how he is doing in this moment...
Old 2011-12-13, 12:10   Link #86
Kamel

This chapter upset me, up to this point he was mentally strong, he had to be to live the life the way he did, so it was all the sadder to see him like that. I kind of understood his reaction in relation to who he was at first, until he seen what seeing him like that was doing to his siblings. They were the most important thing in his life and yet even then he couldn't do anything. No matter how realistic or unfair it is , the person who can't attempt to fight back in situation like that will never amount to anything. Sure they would beat him up anyway it's not a stupid shounen, but it was clear from the way it all played out that not doing anything was doing something much more terrible to him then the bullies possibly could. Answering some counterargument's I foresee:
No I don't think seeing him actually beaten up would be worse for the siblings, I don't think any other course of action of his could hurt them more.
The only argument I see is the one that if he got seriously injured his family would have starved, it's a bloody good argument unfortunately. I am just not sure, after seeing their spirits being irreversibly broken right then, which would really be worse.
Then gain, yes I wasn't in situation like that so probably I should shut up.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 14:03   Link #87
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamel View Post
This chapter upset me, up to this point he was mentally strong, he had to be to live the life the way he did, so it was all the sadder to see him like that. I kind of understood his reaction in relation to who he was at first, until he seen what seeing him like that was doing to his siblings. They were the most important thing in his life and yet even then he couldn't do anything. No matter how realistic or unfair it is , the person who can't attempt to fight back in situation like that will never amount to anything. Sure they would beat him up anyway it's not a stupid shounen, but it was clear from the way it all played out that not doing anything was doing something much more terrible to him then the bullies possibly could. Answering some counterargument's I foresee:
No I don't think seeing him actually beaten up would be worse for the siblings, I don't think any other course of action of his could hurt them more.
The only argument I see is the one that if he got seriously injured his family would have starved, it's a bloody good argument unfortunately. I am just not sure, after seeing their spirits being irreversibly broken right then, which would really be worse.
Then gain, yes I wasn't in situation like that so probably I should shut up.
Actually, if he fights back it's likely the delinquents would hurt his siblings to 'teach' him a lesson.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 15:56   Link #88
Johnny
Working the bags...

^Says who? That's just your own interpretation of things. He said himself he had siblings of his own, so him beating on the twins is about as likely as this shoehorned drama to happen out of nowhere, er character growth I mean...

As far as him getting put into the hospital for trying to fight back. Once again that's just people's own interpretation of things. As he ever fought back? From the looks of it Song never has, so how do we know that he isn't the type of bully that once you fight back against he scurries away into his hole...

You don't have to be a martial arts expert to be able to fight back. I don't mind him being taught to defend himself, but ignoring this situation here what's the point of that. It would be ludicrous to think he'll able to compete with the 'monsters' that go to his school. Unless he falls into a vat of strange liquid, bitten by some hybrid spider, or giving a shot of some secret experimental 'make you kickass' wonder drug I don't see a need for some training arc lasting a chapter or two. Well I wouldn't stick around if Song received some instant power-up anyways...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 18:09   Link #89
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
^Says who? That's just your own interpretation of things. He said himself he had siblings of his own, so him beating on the twins is about as likely as this shoehorned drama to happen out of nowhere, er character growth I mean...

As far as him getting put into the hospital for trying to fight back. Once again that's just people's own interpretation of things. As he ever fought back? From the looks of it Song never has, so how do we know that he isn't the type of bully that once you fight back against he scurries away into his hole...

You don't have to be a martial arts expert to be able to fight back. I don't mind him being taught to defend himself, but ignoring this situation here what's the point of that. It would be ludicrous to think he'll able to compete with the 'monsters' that go to his school. Unless he falls into a vat of strange liquid, bitten by some hybrid spider, or giving a shot of some secret experimental 'make you kickass' wonder drug I don't see a need for some training arc lasting a chapter or two. Well I wouldn't stick around if Song received some instant power-up anyways...
The kids are in a panic and aren't listening to anything he says, so they wont behave rationally if there is a fight. Nobody has to intentionally try and hurt kids that small for them to break a limb or two if they get close to fight. How would he manage school and work if he has to take care of a hurt child? Is his pride really worth more then the kids anyway? If he had been alone then he could have tried to fight or the even easier make a run for it.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 19:31   Link #90
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:

As far as him getting put into the hospital for trying to fight back. Once again that's just people's own interpretation of things. As he ever fought back? From the looks of it Song never has, so how do we know that he isn't the type of bully that once you fight back against he scurries away into his hole....
C'mon now, you know that works both ways =02. In the same fashion, I could say "how do you know the bully isn't the type to do anything to get revenge?". Jae Gu could fight back and either (a) the bullies could give up after beating him up good once, or (b) the bullies could be even more persistent, with consequences leading to threatening the livelihood of his siblings; or he could not fight back and (a) let the bullies humiliate him this one time and leave him alone, considering Jae Gu doesn't run into them again(which is unlikely), or (b) the bullies could get progressively worse now that they've found him again.

The problem is that you(in general, not "you") don't know what's going to happen, esp considering you don't know these bullies at all other than what was shown in this chp. Jae Gu has a history with them, and probably has determined an outcome based on his experiences, so he decides not to fight. Who's to say he hasn't tried fighting back already? Do you think he started out being in such despair, giving up and not doing anything?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 21:24   Link #91
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
It would be ludicrous to think he'll able to compete with the 'monsters' that go to his school.
And who's to say we should expect him to?

You forget one thing about the lad and that is he doesn't want to fight, so why expect him to really go up against any of the "monsters" at his school.
From the very start, he doesn't want anything to do with fighting or the league and I'd hope it stays that way, him defying what is thrown at him makes the story different compared to the "reluctant lead taking part of whatever adventure is thrown at him"

Him wanting to get payback would be counter to what his character has been from the start and I'd see it as a rather big change in character.

And I certainly can't go along with peoples thoughts on only learning some basics in order to just defend himself, thats never the case.
If he ever gets involved in the fighting then he would be going all the way as I can certainly not see him taking lessons from one of the girls then stopping when he thinks he can defend himself.
If at any point he steps through the door of l"earning the arts" he'll stay on the that side, no going back.

Also in I'd say a good high % that if someone fought back in that situation, he'd more than likely get his arsed kicked in....unless he's got some sorta hidden rage power that lets him wipe the floor with the 3 guys but I suspect this isn't that kinda series(oh god I hope I'm not proved wrong on this)
Old 2011-12-17, 23:54   Link #92
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 19:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 00:14   Link #93
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for ch19 raw:
Old 2011-12-18, 06:13   Link #94
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Spiler for ch 19 raw
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-19, 14:10   Link #95
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Scans are out.
Spoiler for c19:
Old 2011-12-19, 15:12   Link #96
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Spoiler for 19
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-19, 18:24   Link #97
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

why didn't he throw that thing he was carrying?
Old 2011-12-19, 18:51   Link #98
ARQ

The gas tank? It was still connected to the house unfortunately, thats why.
ARQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 22:48   Link #99
JRendell
Manga Addict

Spoiler for Ch. 19:

Last edited by JRendell; 2011-12-19 at 23:10. Reason: added gif
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 04:15   Link #100
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*sigh* A school like that would have been paradise to me when I was younger...and not just for the fact that the entire school is filled with trim, fit, athletic young women that do martial arts... Alas, I can't revist those days anymore.

But really, this guy should be thankful that his bully isn't like 'The Breaker's bully - that guy was totally batshit insane with the stuff he tried to do to the MC of that series.

And really, this guy has not just the regining champion, but two other S-class fighters along with a prodigy wushu freshman who are willing to help him out. Hopefully he gets over his 'I-don't-like-women-they-are-mistrustful-monsters' thing soon - for his own sake.

Tags
great siblings, queenxjae gu, romance, runaway mom