AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-12, 23:30   Link #1
shadow1296

Valvrave the Liberator - Character Discussion - Inuzuka Kyuma

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Inuzuka Kyuma related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Valvrave the Liberator fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-06-22, 03:17   Link #2
zztop

Let us pray for New JIOR's survival, so Kyuma's tenure as Finance Minister is secure!
Old 2013-06-22, 04:18   Link #3
galdr

He is probably the sanest Valvrave pilot so far.

I hope he get proper rivalry with Q-Vier though its highly unlikely since Q-Vies doesn't even realise he killed Aina lol.
Old 2013-06-24, 19:00   Link #4
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by galdr View Post
He is probably the sanest Valvrave pilot so far.

I hope he get proper rivalry with Q-Vier though its highly unlikely since Q-Vies doesn't even realise he killed Aina lol.
i have to agree with you there heck he may even be the most realistic character of the main cast if you took away the valvrave and being a vampire, but i don't think he will kill q-vier, why? because sunrise has been known to put subtle hints that reveal certain events and the hint on who the valvraves kill was in the opening

so the number pilot kyuuma will most likely kill is x-eins now if h-neun betrays cain and joins module 77 this will ruin this theory
Old 2013-06-24, 19:44   Link #5
sky black swordman

^ I see.
Although I personnally find it unlikely that Yamada...Opps sorry about that. I mean "Thunder", will kill or can kill A-drei.
Old 2013-06-24, 19:55   Link #6
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^So who will Haruto kill when all 4 are taken?

Kyuma should be thankful that he has the best Valvrave beside Haruto's (only because of the harakiri's Blade), freakin super beam spaming, super charged beam and super armor
Old 2013-06-24, 20:02   Link #7
queenSwild

How will Saki fight H-Neun when he is currently inside the module operating the drill?
Old 2013-06-24, 20:02   Link #8
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
^So who will Haruto kill when all 4 are taken?

Kyuma should be thankful that he has the best Valvrave beside Haruto's (only because of the harakiri's Blade), freakin beam spaming, beam charging and super armor
haruto will probably kill q-vier that picture was made by someone else who placed q-vier there because he thought it looked purple and since V6 is a support type its highly doubtful it could kill anyone, and yeah kyuuma's valvrave is far to OP i mean it would probably have trouble against other valvrave like units, but against long range units like waffe's and ideals its the perfect unit for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
How will Saki fight H-Neun when he is currently inside the module operating the drill?
well it doesn't mean that they will get killed this season and the subtle hint is the seconday color of their pilot suit
Old 2013-06-24, 23:28   Link #9
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i have to agree with you there heck he may even be the most realistic character of the main cast if you took away the valvrave and being a vampire, but i don't think he will kill q-vier, why? because sunrise has been known to put subtle hints that reveal certain events and the hint on who the valvraves kill was in the opening

Spoiler for Snip:

so the number pilot kyuuma will most likely kill is x-eins now if h-neun betrays cain and joins module 77 this will ruin this theory

It could be possible that it's a contrast color match up:

Yellow (A-3) against Purple (Akira?)
Green (H-9) against Red (Haruto)
Blue (X-1) against Orange (? (Thunder is a possibility))
Red (Q-4) against Green (Saki)

Or it could be vice versa. Just a thought.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-25, 00:01   Link #10
BadtheGuy

I'll be pissed if any of these fodder vampire pilots kill A-drei. I'm still annoyed at how the show handwaved the fact that these kids have no idea how to operate these machines.
Old 2013-06-25, 00:40   Link #11
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

His Valvrave looks damaged in the preview. Who else thinks that Aina's newtype ghost is gonna show up in nick of time to give him his second wind?
Old 2013-06-25, 04:14   Link #12
NeutralZero

eh? so doggy's can't get his revenge to Q4
Old 2013-06-25, 16:14   Link #13
~BC~

He can. It's just he has no reason to single Q-Vier out. Remember the brat was in a standard Waffe not his customized Ideal when he killed Aina. So it's not like Haruto can point him out to Kyuuma anyway.
Old 2013-06-25, 16:44   Link #14
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
He can. It's just he has no reason to single Q-Vier out. Remember the brat was in a standard Waffe not his customized Ideal when he killed Aina. So it's not like Haruto can point him out to Kyuuma anyway.
well then again a-drei did clearly say his name when he ordered him to capture l-elf during the stand of between him, l-elf, and haruto
Old 2013-06-25, 16:53   Link #15
~BC~

Ah yeah, you're right. Still, pointing Kyuuma towards Aina's killer seems more like something L-Elf would do. I wouldn't be surprised if the name never registered with Haruto with all the crap he went through in that episode.
Old 2013-11-03, 14:44   Link #16
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Here's an interview with Yuki Ono I found on /a/

q: first, can we have your initial impressions of Kyuma?
Y: when I first saw Kyuma's character design, I thought he was a scholarly, proper kid. up till now I've usually voiced hot-blooded characters, so I was happy to get this act.

q: so Kyuma's personality was fresh for you too?
Y: but once I actually tried acting, he turned out be fiery anyway (laughs). Kyuma is the most senior among the Academy students, so he's in a position to pull everyone along. so he does have a calm and collected side, but he can't forgive himself either, and that gets him hot and bothered. in that sense, he's an intense guy all right. also, I heard that he would pilot a Valvrave beforehand, so I was really excited for that.

q: what's the best part about Kyuma for you?
Y: when he gets excited about money. he's easy to read (laughs). and can't forget his fight scenes. when he's yelling "watch out!" or "here we go!", I can't help but think he's a boy after all. and he doesn't just rush into things like a dummy; he really wants to protect the important things. and that's reflected in his Valvrave 5 too, when he's holding that spear. he said he's doing this for himself the first time he got in, but there's also the fact he's protecting someone when he fights.

q: in this episode 7, we saw what drove him to become a Valvrave pilot - Aina's sudden death.
Y: I was shocked when I read that in the script. I had no idea why Kyuma would end up becoming a pilot… if I'd known why, my acting may have been different. when I was walking together with Aina, I might've thought "this girl is going to die", and so forth. that shouldn't happen as an actor, though.

q: did your acting change after you became a pilot?
Y: it may have. as a pilot you stand on the front lines, and directly get involved with strategies. when you're taking orders, and cautiously venturing forth - it's definitely a different mindset from when you were just running around. you've got a sounder mindset, once you physically join the fight and attack and defend. your actions determine whether everyone lives or dies, so of course the feelings have to evolve.

q: I see. what parts are the most enjoyable to act?
Y: the fight scenes. our sound director told us to deliver our lines "cautiously" - as if there's that tension that we might die any second. on the other hand, I'm really having fun with acting like that. you don't really get to experience that feeling in real life. our voice is influenced by the fact we're constantly in danger. I'm really enjoying that.
Old 2013-11-05, 01:32   Link #17
Frontier

So, going by that interview, I guess it's safe to assume that Saki, Raizo, and Akira's Seiyuus were informed beforehand that they were going to become Valvrave Pilots.

With the rate things are going, I have to wonder how much closure this season will have for the series overall, especially in terms of the conflict between the Valvraves and the Karlstein boys. And as an extension of that, whether Kyuma will finally get a chance to avenge Aina.
Old 2013-11-05, 01:54   Link #18
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So, going by that interview, I guess it's safe to assume that Saki, Raizo, and Akira's Seiyuus were informed beforehand that they were going to become Valvrave Pilots.

With the rate things are going, I have to wonder how much closure this season will have for the series overall, especially in terms of the conflict between the Valvraves and the Karlstein boys. And as an extension of that, whether Kyuma will finally get a chance to avenge Aina.
With if they plan to introduce even more? I personally think they have enough their plate as it is.
Old 2013-11-05, 02:18   Link #19
Kurohane

Some one from the Karlstein boys will probably die this season, probably H-neun, though the Valvrave pilots probably won't be responsible for that. Inuzuka doesn't even know Q-vier killed Aina, and Q-vier probably has no idea. The situation itself has prevented him from being singled out in battle by Kyuma.
Old 2013-11-05, 02:30   Link #20
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Some one from the Karlstein boys will probably die this season, probably H-neun, though the Valvrave pilots probably won't be responsible for that. Inuzuka doesn't even know Q-vier killed Aina, and Q-vier probably has no idea. The situation itself has prevented him from being singled out in battle by Kyuma.
Well, Q-vier seems to developed an interest on Unit-6 after seeing its "cheating device". So instead of Kyuma, what are the chances that Akira will be his "rival" instead (The OP even shows him engaging Unit-6 first before turning his attention on Unit-5)?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters