AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-06, 17:47   Link #141
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Otoya's so damn sweet...I know the show is probably going to wind up pairing off Haruka and Ichinose but I wouldn't object if she wound up with Ittoki.
They're my pairing of choice (even though it'll never happen...) since Otoya x Tokiya is out of question (pfffttt).

Quote:
Haruka needs some female friends to talk to since Tomo isn't there anymore. Maybe some cute idol girls can befriend her; most pop composers make other hits for other artists too.
They should just bring Tomochan back. She's so cute.

Quote:
That's why I"m surprised Miyano's involved with this.
Well, it's not like this franchise is all srs bzns. But Miyano is involved in a bunch of Very Serious shows and roles, so...

Quote:
I'm still amazed that the same guy who's Cecil is the same guy who was in Basilisk and Hakuoki....don't even sound like the same dude.
If you watched Hakkenden last season - remember Kobungo, the younger one of the brothers? He's voiced by the same guy as Otoya.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 20:01   Link #142
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

They should just bring Tomochan back. She's so cute.
Honestly? I know this is supposed to be fujioshi and focused on Haruka and all of the guys attraction to her, but I actually would've been more interested to see Haruka and Tomo work together.

Quote:
If you watched Hakkenden last season - remember Kobungo, the younger one of the brothers? He's voiced by the same guy as Otoya.
WUT.

WOW. Never would've realized that it was the same guy especially Ittoki!
Old 2013-05-06, 21:30   Link #143
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
Hijirikawa is the one I have trouble warming up to, but that may be due to his personality. I didn't like Ren either very much the 1st season, but liking him a lot now.
I also had trouble liking Masa at the beginning, but after hearing 'Knocking on the mind' (and identifying him as Suzumura Kenichi... and also the voice of Gintama's Sougo Okita my fave S chara ) I fell for him ♥
Old 2013-05-06, 22:52   Link #144
ginger02

Quote:

This is news to me as well. What some can do with their voice.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 15:06   Link #145
kuromitsu

OK, ep 6 was........ yes.... well. XD;;;;

Spoiler for ep 6:

So, er, I'll be over there looking for RenBro x Ren fanart.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-05-08 at 15:21.
Old 2013-05-08, 16:17   Link #146
Bern-san

kuromitsu summed up my thoughts about the episode but I'll add a bit more of my impressions:
Spoiler for 6:

Honestly the only thing I like about him is his seiyuu (I don't hate him though) but my Suwabe fever passed some time ago. I do like this song he sings with Camus (unfortunately youtube doesn't have the full version):

I guess next is Natsuki, I listened to a preview of his song and Orion de Shout out was 10 times better but at least I'm sure we're going to get some laughs.

Last edited by Bern-san; 2013-05-09 at 15:24.
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 16:54   Link #147
akire_and_atem

Quote:
ok, ep 6 was........ Yes.... Well. Xd;;;;

Spoiler for ep 6:

so, er, i'll be over there looking for renbro x ren fanart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bern-san View Post
kuromitsu summed up my thoughts about the episode but i'll add a bit more of my impressions:
Spoiler for 6:

honestly the only thing i like about him is his seiyuu (i don't hate him though) but my suwabe fever passed some time ago. I do like this song he sings with camus (unfortunately youtube doesn't have the full version):

i guess next is natsuki, i listened to a preview of his song and orion de shout out was 10 times better but at least i'm sure we're going to get some laughs.

^^^ MY GOD THAT VIDEO IS ADORABLE!!! ♥♥♥!

both of you pretty much said everything I wanted to say about this episode, especially the comment about Ren's voice, his cheesy lines in english and Haruka's pro-activeness... and that BroCon moment

Anyone else felt like watching Slam Dunk after seeing Niichan dunk out that cd??

My Suwabe fever got in full bloom after hearing him as Grimmjow, I dunno why but it does more heart damage to me than Ren.

SATSUKI!! asdgasha I'm dying to see him next and hopefully [much wishful thinking] he'll interact a bit with the other STARISH members... at least he will with Cecil (I guess, since all the others have been doing it)

Last edited by akire_and_atem; 2013-05-08 at 16:56. Reason: removed the video quote because it said it didn't exist (?)
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 17:03   Link #148
mistress_kisara

I LOL'd at the CD sparkle and Ren's Mahou Shoujo "transformation" and Yay for Natsuki next week!!
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 00:16   Link #149
Kakkou
Tch.

Poor Tomo-chan, she finally appears after so long and this happens to her:

Don't think I haven't been paying attention since Magi, A-1. I'm on to you.

Ren's brother ended up being pretty amusing. I like how UtaPri doesn't take itself seriously enough to spring all these silly sides to otherwise typical characters. Count Permafrost still takes the cake though.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 02:11   Link #150
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Poor Tomo-chan, she finally appears after so long and this happens to her:

Don't think I haven't been paying attention since Magi, A-1. I'm on to you.

Ren's brother ended up being pretty amusing. I like how UtaPri doesn't take itself seriously enough to spring all these silly sides to otherwise typical characters. Count Permafrost still takes the cake though.
Oh gosh I saw the A-1 magi fiasco but didn't notice this... good catch
(A-1 is animating this?! I thought the quality got better in comparison to UtaPri Season 1, but this... )
Old 2013-05-09, 11:57   Link #151
ookamigirl

This time it's Ren turn.
The fashion show was nice. Ren was awesome.
Looks like he's having some family problems.
Nanami is like a guidance counselor for those guys.
Every time one of them has issues, they all come running to her.
Ren really was impressive this time. Great episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 20:24   Link #152
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Finally caught up!

ep. 5

ROFL. COCKBLOCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Spoiler:

ep. 6

I think Ren has emerged as a favorite

Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-10, 00:34   Link #153
akire_and_atem

Read this in the morning, just had the chance to share it with you guys

From the "Shining Entertainment" facebook page (I read it there so it deserves all the credit):

Quote:
【Congraturations!】Uta no☆ Prince-Sama♪ Maji LOVE 2000% Idol Song Hijirikawa Masato became Rank #1 Oricon daily ranking.It is a brilliant achievement first song utapri in history first place for single.Congratulations Masato-kun. #utapri #うたプリ

【Congraturations!】「うたの☆プリンスさまっ♪マジLOVE2000%アイドルソング聖 川真斗」がオリコンシングルデイリーランキング1位になりました。シングルでの1位はうた☆プリ史上初の快 挙です。真斗くんおめでとうございます。わっしょい!

-----

So ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ woot! Congrats to UtaPri and SuzuKen for the achievement

Last edited by akire_and_atem; 2013-05-10 at 13:10.
Old 2013-05-12, 19:48   Link #154
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

[QUOTE=Bern-san;4671436]
Honestly the only thing I like about him is his seiyuu (I don't hate him though) but my Suwabe fever passed some time ago. I do like this song he sings with Camus (unfortunately youtube doesn't have the full version):

LOL. This show has actually made me like Suwabe more. Before, I always thought of him as someone who always played either assholes or romantic leads. Or sometimes I got him confused with Shinichiro Miki.

I also find it rather cool and amusing that most of the actors like Suwabe and that guy who voices Cecil are in their late 30s/early 40s and still can kick it better than most of the current crop of actors out there. This cast not withstanding.

I'm actually surprised Ono or Namikawa aren't in this since they can both sing as well and are usually in ladyfanbait like this.

Quote:
I guess next is Natsuki, I listened to a preview of his song and Orion de Shout out was 10 times better but at least I'm sure we're going to get some laughs.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYY

Natsuki's so hoootttttt......

The Count or whomever he is that has CatBoy as his student is too over the top for my tastes :lol:
Old 2013-05-13, 00:52   Link #155
akire_and_atem

Quote:
The Count or whomever he is that has CatBoy as his student is too over the top for my tastes :lol:
LOL you mean Camus? he's nice
buuuut I prefer Ai (the aqua-blue hair guy) THEN Ranmaru (two eye colors guy), the Reiji (because he's funny... and plays the maracas ), and lastly Camus because, well, he's too flamboyant and FABULOUS!! for my taste xP

Last edited by akire_and_atem; 2013-05-13 at 16:59. Reason: small grammar mistake ^^U
Old 2013-05-13, 01:51   Link #156
ginger02

Quote:
OK, ep 6 was........ yes.... well. XD;;;;

Spoiler for ep 6:

So, er, I'll be over there looking for RenBro x Ren fanart.
Hm I didn't really see any sort of brother complex like others are saying. Did I miss it? All i saw was an older brother who actually cares about his brother.

Though that running scene was hilarious.

Also I've always wanted since the season started an episode where Haruka, Cecil, and Tomo are together as some odd trio.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 14:36   Link #157
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
LOL you mean Camus? he's nice
buuuut I prefer Ai (the aqua-blue hair guy) THEN Ranmaru (two eye colors guy), the Reiji (because he's funny... and plays the maracas ), and lastly Camus because, well, he's to flamboyant and FABULOUS!! for my taste xP
He is FABULOUS indeed but Ringo has much more style :P

My favorite so far out of the Quartet is Reiji. He seems generally nice.
Old 2013-05-13, 15:31   Link #158
kuromitsu

Wow, congrats for the Oricon No.1... I've never thought it would be Masa who would reach the spot first with the new crop of singles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
Hm I didn't really see any sort of brother complex like others are saying. Did I miss it? All i saw was an older brother who actually cares about his brother.
Don't mind me, that's just my mind speaking from the gutter. :3 Thing is, Ren was pretty much in a romance heroine position throughout the episode ("I want my cool, aloof senpai oniisama to recognize me, but of course I'd never say it out loud!" "I can't let senpai oniisama's show be ruined, I must ~save the day~ with my sparkling special talent, and wow him and everyone in the process" etc XD), and Bro as the love interest ("I pretend to be cold but I'm just being tsundere and I'll stop being tsun and reveal my real ~passionate feelings~ in her moment of need" "I'm wowed and deeply touched by her ~real talent~ shine" "OK let's tell her my feelings on a rooftop with the setting sun as a backdrop" "I've always loved you your songs.") XD All that was missing was Bro taking a blushing Ren's hands or something. XD

And this is further complicated by the Jinguuji brothers looking like they just popped out from a generic BL manga.

Quote:
I also find it rather cool and amusing that most of the actors like Suwabe and that guy who voices Cecil are in their late 30s/early 40s and still can kick it better than most of the current crop of actors out there. This cast not withstanding.
Well, age doesn't matter a lot in voice acting in their age range, especially for men... (unless they smoke or drink heavily or something like that)

Quote:
I'm actually surprised Ono or Namikawa aren't in this since they can both sing as well and are usually in ladyfanbait like this.
It' been a long time since I last heard Namikawa sing on his normal voice (and sing seriously - he sang the OP to the fake Mossan anime in Azazel-san XD) but as I remember his voice is not really suited for these type of songs...
Old 2013-05-15, 21:36   Link #159
mistress_kisara

Episode 7

LOL to Natsuki's Piyo-chan song and Satsuki's damn hot!!! and also that rooftop scene and it's Cecil's turn next week!
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 22:00   Link #160
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Goddamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I love NatSatsuki.....so sexy and hot....

And once again, Natsuki gets the best song of the season so far, beating out Ren's nekkidness from last week...

Spoiler:

and Chibi Natsuki/Syo/Ittoki is always win!

Tags
reverse harem, shoujo