Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-10, 17:12   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

One Piece - Character Discussion - Chopper

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Chopper related.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Chopper fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Chopper questions (Warning: might contain spoilers)

Not sure if anything in here might end up being a spoiler, so you've been warned.

What I'm wondering is about several things dealing with Chopper.

1. First off, his hat. That's a felt hat, right? If not, what is it? Well, besides a red tophat.
2. If he was to replace it, what kind of hat would it be?
3. His horn will eventually heal itself so that he doesn't need that metal brace, right?
4. He's still technically a "young" reindeer, so being young, how long till he's considered an adult reindeer and can grow up bigger? Or has his devil's fruit kinda put the kabosh on that happening?
5. How big will the "Adult" chopper be?
6. If his main form is as a reindeer, why does he slip so readily into that half reindeer, half human form so easily? Every time I've seen him in trouble and he gets knocked out or looses his transformation he falls back to that one every time?
7. Why the blue nose?

These may sound like stupid questions, but chopper is my favorite reindeer and I didn't see any of these answered in any of the FAQ threads (at least not directly that I found). Any info would be welcome. I'm sure I'll have more questions later.

Last edited by xris; 2008-10-26 at 14:26.
Old 2004-06-10, 18:33   Link #2
Jn183

Let me take a crack at it.
1. Don't know what felt hat is. Just know it's A gift from Dr. hiluluk. That's why it's special to Chopper
2. It's special to Chopper so he won't replace it. Like Luffy hat, if damage ask Nami to fix it.
3.It been 1-2 yr and it haven't heal. SO best bet is it won't. And the metal brace make him look more unique and wicked.
4.Chopper did grow up bigger in his reindeer form. You could tell from the flashback and the reindeer Chopper in Arabasta.
5.His adult form will be like another reindeer.
6.Whoever eat a Zoan type, retain most of their original form while taking in few change from the fruit. Therefore, Chopper is a reindeer so his appear remain a reindeer while he could talk human language and walk on 2 leg. So, that is why his main form won't be a reindeer on 4 legs. Don't know why his main form remain small.
7.B/c Rudolph took the color red already.

Confusing. Yes I know.
Old 2004-06-10, 23:41   Link #3
LVO

I think he slips into the half reindeer-half human form so easily because it allows him two advatages: One, his size. In a battle, he can be easily missed/underestimated because he is so small. Two, his brains. It isnt called Brain Point because he is dyslexic. Or perhaps he feels that he could not fit in as a reindeer nor as a man, so he wants to take the best of both qualities or something.
Old 2004-06-11, 00:53   Link #4
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

maybe because in that form he can be a better doctor. ud have to be gentle, but u're gonna need arms right? Also, it's probably based on wat they feel the most comfortable in. Zoan fruit users tat is. Some may feel more comfortable in a different form, etc.

blue nose? he probably got the idea from adolf, i mean rudolf. (oooo bad joke)
Old 2004-06-11, 03:23   Link #5
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Blue noses are not normal at all. He was an outcast from other Reindeer for having a blue nose, don't forget. It's freakish!! Somehow! Which is news to me, since I didn't think Reindeer were naturally cognitave enough to be exclusive due to a blue nose. =)
Old 2008-10-27, 09:36   Link #6
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Ya know, something has been in the back of my mind ever since they first introduced Chopper as a fighter and I've left it alone for a while but with recent occurances in the manga I gotta wonder, will any other Zoan users eat a Rumble Ball?

I know, it doesn't seem that big an issue, but it's something Oda has been priming us with ever since the idea was brought up. Hell, you could set an entire mini-story around the idea...

Spoiler for Current Events:
Old 2008-10-27, 11:04   Link #7
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Ya know, something has been in the back of my mind ever since they first introduced Chopper as a fighter and I've left it alone for a while but with recent occurances in the manga I gotta wonder, will any other Zoan users eat a Rumble Ball?

I know, it doesn't seem that big an issue, but it's something Oda has been priming us with ever since the idea was brought up. Hell, you could set an entire mini-story around the idea...

Spoiler for Current Events:
I doubt it, the rumble ball is Chopper's invention. For someone else to obtain it, they'd more than likely have to steal it, or the formula to make it from Chopper.

But if you're asking if someone else will acquire different forms with their zoan ability like Chopper then that's entirely possible. Afterall, we've already seen it happen with Rob Lucci.

Spoiler:
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2008-10-27, 13:25   Link #8
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I doubt it, the rumble ball is Chopper's invention. For someone else to obtain it, they'd more than likely have to steal it, or the formula to make it from Chopper.

But if you're asking if someone else will acquire different forms with their zoan ability like Chopper then that's entirely possible. Afterall, we've already seen it happen with Rob Lucci.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for "Separation" Tales:
Old 2008-10-27, 13:42   Link #9
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Spoiler for "Separation" Tales:
Ha ha ha "special balls"
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2008-10-27, 13:58   Link #10
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Ha ha ha "special balls"
Yes, exactly why Oda would write this!
...sorry, now I have to do it...
"They'll be crushed! Like a pair of grapes!"
Old 2008-11-25, 21:46   Link #11
Rainbowman

Maybe Kuma may have sent Chopper to a place of unknown narcotic plants to experiment with.
Old 2010-06-17, 06:41   Link #12
michael889vintor

yeah he needs new forms or a way to make the effect longer. or maybe achieve control of his massive beast form.
but then that might lose the dramatic effect of don't eat too many balls
Old 2010-08-20, 18:25   Link #13
John D.

Chopper seems very resolved to get stronger and to advance his medical knowledge last time we saw him, and I was thinking of ways he could improve.

A new, advanced Rumble Ball might be what most expect, but I think it'd be pretty cool if he'd master the Life Return technique he saw Kumadori use. Both Lucci and Kumadori only used Life Return to alter their bulk but perhaps with higher proficiency with the technique, one can increase/decrease more drastically in size...
Combining that with controlling his Awakaned Zoan form (if Monster Point indeed is his awakaned form) and he'd be a good match for Sanjuan Wolf.
Old 2010-08-21, 14:07   Link #14
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Need to elaborate more on his "Monster Point" form , I wonder how strong he is .
Old 2010-08-21, 14:15   Link #15
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Probably strong enough to bring down tougher opponents than Kumadori if he could control it, which will probably happen. His Rumble Balls will likely last longer, too.
Old 2010-08-21, 14:29   Link #16
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

He should make rumble ball's for Luffy and Robin since their fruit users.
Old 2010-08-21, 19:00   Link #17
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

There's no telling how it would affect a non-Zoan.
Old 2010-08-23, 05:34   Link #18
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Just started watching the anime and I have to say that Chopper is the DAMN CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN. (Is he played by the same VA as Konohamaru kun in Naruto?) Seriously, he needs his own spinoff series.
Old 2010-08-23, 09:21   Link #19
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Chopper is not as young as he looks. His full human form is that of a full grown jock and his reindeer form is that of a full grown reindeer. He's supposed to be 15 but he looks like a linebacker.
Old 2010-08-23, 15:10   Link #20
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Just started watching the anime and I have to say that Chopper is the DAMN CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN. (Is he played by the same VA as Konohamaru kun in Naruto?) Seriously, he needs his own spinoff series.
You are in luck, there is one:

Intro:

Part 1

Closed Thread