AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-24, 22:08   Link #1321
taelrak

What better time to finish ef than Christmas, the day the story starts?

I even went back and replayed the revised NNL preview - was wondering what the "Supah Blink Mode" was until I almost fell out of my chair at the first scene

Kind of sad ef didn't get its own forum, but then I tend to stop reading threads once they move into a forum so maybe that's a good thing.

Happy holidays to everyone!
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 02:02   Link #1322
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post

Having watched it in a marathon, it also didn't give me the space to ponder of the plotholes that you guys speak of, which let me go ahead and indulge in the cheese.

Lastly, hot damn, Chihiro+chicky plushies are the cutest thing this season.

Best series of Fall '07!
ef may be one of the best shows to marathon since its length put back to back to back is like watching one long 3 hour+ movie.

It seems to work better that way compared to something much longer.

Though I don't think my heart could handle all the plot twists coming from one to the next.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 20:09   Link #1323
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Just got the Prologue & volume 1 in the mail. The first DVD came with an accessory disc that included a desktop clock (currently using Chihiro-chan~) and some other stuff, including wallpapers made from the first ED images. Here they are (plus 1920x1200 versions I slapped together). Be warned that the file sizes are large.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a place where it would still be possible to get first pressings of the ED singles etc?
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 21:06   Link #1324
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
I don't suppose anyone knows of a place where it would still be possible to get first pressings of the ED singles etc?
I actually didn't realize there was a first press edition; the official site doesn't list it. I guess the regular editions wouldn't include the CD-sized calendar pages, or something? In either case, I don't know of many other sites that actually tell you whether the version they're going to send you is firstpress or not, so I'm not sure of any answer to your question, I'm afraid. If there really is a difference, I guess they might be on Yahoo Auctions, or something?
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 06:31   Link #1325
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Old 2007-12-27, 09:40   Link #1326
coroloro

Spoiler for Final Episode:
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 09:48   Link #1327
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

ah, dang this is THE best romance anime of 2007

storyline - 10/10 the concept was quite cliched but chihiro and the 'last 100 seconds by hiro' really struck my artistic mind.

characters - 8/10 i would have given it a 10 but some other characters were not fully developed (i need a season 2 for this! although it looks like there wont be any. and OVA would be great)

music - 10/10 i really cant stress the 10/10 enough because the way the music merges with the scene was perfect especially in the crucial moments

over all - 9.5/10 i would definitely recommend this anime to anyone. Chihiro's story really stung my heart in a weird way. it makes you feel good but at the same time you ponder over her situation. one of the top 5 best romance anime of 2007
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 10:05   Link #1328
coroloro

I haven't seen the final episode in English, just in Japanese thus far- gentle encouragement to those subtitling this ep, do hurry!! I can't WAIT to actually UNDERSTAND the dialogue. :P As it is, I just know what I've gotten from a few posts here, and what I clearly saw through the imagery since I don't really know Japanese.

Spoiler for Final Ep:
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 19:53   Link #1329
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

are the subbers on break too?
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 20:01   Link #1330
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

soooooo, you expect them to drudge at their hobby through the holidays as well? Yes, they're probably with family or friends for the winter festivities.
Old 2007-12-27, 22:16   Link #1331
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

A quick Miyako sig from a recent pic:

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 23:43   Link #1332
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Just watched 1 - 11 in two days. This anime needs more exposure; it's really good.

I'm glad Hiro's [I can't remember his full name] arc ended the way it did. I was sitting through it, thinking, 'Please don't be like School Days! Please don't be like School Days!', but I wasn't disappointed.

Saying that, I'm loving how Chihiro's arc is going so far. It's a little bittersweet for me; I'm hoping for a happy ending all around. Renji and Chihiro are my two favorite characters from this anime.

The style this anime has is really refreshing as well. I frequently thought while watching, 'This would make a good theme for a signature.'
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 00:03   Link #1333
EFrules

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and I'm a really big fan of EF.

Ef is has a very top notch animation, the story is very deep and emotional and I can't wait for the last episode.

I have been following this series since October and now that the story will soon come to end, I'm still going to join your conversations. It's rather late....

Anyways EF is the best series so far for fall anime!
EFrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 08:37   Link #1334
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I'm glad Hiro's [I can't remember his full name] arc ended the way it did. I was sitting through it, thinking, 'Please don't be like School Days! Please don't be like School Days!', but I wasn't disappointed.
Ahh...the effect of NB will forever go down in history
It is kinda amusing to see a lot of people using SD as a rule for all romances nowadays though I've always seen it as "working as intended" (whilst not really understanding what people mean by going "don't become SD" - too many interpretations to list out XD).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 16:26   Link #1335
hai_san

finaly watched the final 12 episode with subtitles , it was great but still missing something out in my opinion about the Chihiro & Renji conclusion ...it was a bit letdown after the great slit in ep 11, i had have hope for the ending to be more more more "Grand"/"Epic"/"Ultradramatic" comparing it with Miyako&Hiro, so my final score will be only 9,99999 instead of a perfect 10, but so far the best drama (particular the dialogues/monologues) in highschool drama love series section this season compare to Myself/Yourself and Kimikiss and let see how Clannad will goes.

For Drama definitely Ef is best and best "cuteness"(characters) goes to Clannad, Kimikiss "sexyness"/"coolness" for Mao and Erika, My-/Yourself just average in all (exception is of course Aoi-chan).
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 17:15   Link #1336
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
are the subbers on break too?
Wasn't exactly a break but some of us did take a day off on Christmas day, plus there're two new karaokes that needed to be done (yet again) for this episode --- the Japanese version of euphoric field, and the very nice ED from game's theme song Yuukyuu no Tsubasa (on a side note, this version is sung by Yuko's seiyuu). Thinking about it, even though this series only has 12 episodes, our karaoker has done 10 different karaokes for it! So if you usually skip the OP/EDs on other shows, please refrain from doing that for ef and try to appreciate the works of our karaoker.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 18:00   Link #1337
Midonin
Last Engage

Just finished the finale, and it makes me wish I had picked up this show when it started. I teared up when Renji was rushing to find the diary pages, and the scene where he and Chihiro reunited. They were very well done scenes, and the epilogue/coda was a nice conclusion for all. When it reached the very end, with the three couples giving their summations of the story (someone pointed out how theaterish this was - and I like that aspect of it), it was a sweet moment.

Overall, I greatly, greatly enjoyed this show. Powerful emotions, Shaft's beautiful direction with a touch of weirdness, and a well-rounded cast. The storytelling was top-notch, and the music...no words.

A+ for ef
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 18:08   Link #1338
EFrules

Wooooahhhhh the Finale had totally blown me away!
The long wait was worth it and thinking way back October when the series first got subbed...... This series is very memorable to me....

All in all I'm speechless.

A+ on everything.... Story, Art, Soundtrack etc.....
EFrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 18:44   Link #1339
Zippicus

Well this show just moved up into the top spot of 2007 for me. This is also one of the rare situations where I actually liked the ending of an anime. There were a few situations where the drama was a bit forced or overdone but I think it fit well with the shows themes.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 18:49   Link #1340
basic019

1. eve
2. upon a time
3. paradox
4. honestly
5. outline
6. rain
7. I...
8. clear colour
9. forget me not
10.I'm here
11.ever forever
12.love
dream

all the episode name's first letter = Euphoric Field = EF - a tale of memories.

Awesome anime, masterpiece.
basic019 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft