AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-15, 18:47   Link #1581
Traece
:cool:

It's hard to differentiate supersoldiers. On one hand you have a living breathing person. On the other you have a living breathing person who went through fine-tuning and many changes to turn said person into a living weapon for the destruction of all targets.

In the case of Code Geass... All children are living weapons, because they still use their Geass despite being so young.
Old 2008-07-15, 18:53   Link #1582
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastya View Post
Lelouch received his powers without any genetic manipulation. Those children were engineered and given those powers.

It's like saying someone who was born with natural psychic powers deserve to die as much as someone who was genetically engineered in a lab by some scientists in the quest to make a super soldier.
That's besides the point. The point is your sugarcoating a massacre. These people were unarmed and could have surrendered. Even if I agreed with all you have said, by Geneva convention codes, if a unarmed enemy surrenders you don't kill them. Even if I agreed with you Lelouch had no right to kill the scientists at the very least.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 18:58   Link #1583
Dynastya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
That's besides the point. The point is your sugarcoating a massacre. These people were unarmed and could have surrendered. Even if I agreed with all you have said, by Geneva convention codes, if a unarmed enemy surrenders you don't kill them. Even if I agreed with you Lelouch had no right to kill the scientists at the very least.
The Geneva Convention only protects those in uniform, those scientists WERE not in uniform.

They were people who had knowledge in their head if which fell into the wrong hands can be used to create even more destruction.
Dynastya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 19:04   Link #1584
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
The Geneva Convention only protects those in uniform, those scientists WERE not in uniform.

They were people who had knowledge in their head if which fell into the wrong hands can be used to create even more destruction.
Then why not kill every man and woman who knows how make a nuclear warhead and gun. You think the scientist want to be doing that shit? They wake every morning and say hey I want to contribute to society by making child assassins. The researchers themselves were looking to C.C. for salvation and they got body full of lead for their trust.
Old 2008-07-15, 19:09   Link #1585
Dynastya

Quote:
Then why not kill every man and woman who knows how make a nuclear warhead and gun. You think the scientist want to be doing that shit? They wake every morning and say hey I want to contribute to society by making child assassins. The researchers themselves were looking to C.C. for salvation and they got body full of lead for their trust.
It's exactly because there are thousands of people who know how to make nuclear weapons and they live in dozens of countries that no country has a huge advantage over another in terms of nuclear weapons that nuclear scientists don't need to be shot. The only limiting factor is that the materials needed to make nuclear weapons are tightly controled. Even I know how to build a nuclear bomb as powerful as the ones which were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and apart from the fissionable materials and explosives used, all the tools and hardware I need to build it can be found in an average hardware store.

In the case of the Geass researchers, only Britannia has the knowledge, no other country does. So they have a huge advantage over other nations with the existence of these scientists.
Dynastya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 19:15   Link #1586
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
It's exactly because there are thousands of people who know how to make nuclear weapons and they live in dozens of countries that no country has a huge advantage over another in terms of nuclear weapons that nuclear scientists don't need to be shot. The only limiting factor is that the materials needed to make nuclear weapons are tightly controled. Even I know how to build a nuclear bomb as powerful as the ones which were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and apart from the fissionable materials and explosives used, all the tools and hardware I need to build it can be found in an average hardware store.

In the case of the Geass researchers, only Britannia has the knowledge, no other country does. So they have a huge advantage over other nations with the existence of these scientists.
And as you pointed out fissionable materials and explosives could be controlled and monitored, how do you control something like Geass which can be in anyone, even a ten year old child? It is better that the cult has disappeared without the world being any the wiser.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 19:59   Link #1587
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
And as you pointed out fissionable materials and explosives could be controlled and monitored, how do you control something like Geass which can be in anyone, even a ten year old child? It is better that the cult has disappeared without the world being any the wiser.
Well there is people like orangekun who can cancel out geass. As for monitoring well I'm pretty sure Britannia has records of who they give geass to. Unless people like C.C. go around giving random people geasses *cough* Lelouch, Mao
Old 2008-07-15, 20:03   Link #1588
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Well there is people like orangekun who can cancel out geass. As for monitoring well I'm pretty sure Britannia has records of who they give geass to. Unless people like C.C. go around giving random people geasses *cough* Lelouch, Mao
I am talking about if geass became widely known like nuclear weapons. And I don't see alot of people with geass cancelers like Orange keeping tabs on geass users.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 21:05   Link #1589
thedonkiluminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
I suppose you don't thnk Lelouch killing Clovis was serious, now who's the hypocrite
No, you would be wrong. I had more problems with him killing Clovis than Euphemia.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:24   Link #1590
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkiluminati View Post
No, you would be wrong. I had more problems with him killing Clovis than Euphemia.
Hmmm.... how so?
Old 2008-07-15, 21:32   Link #1591
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
An army of zero that have joined a enemy faction of Britania is a military threat. Give those trick or treaters guns and they do become a threat.
Yes, massacre Gundam seed stargazer style!

What fun is a massacre if there is no one dying? jk

Anyways, Lulu could have recruited/asked for the people to surrender rather than kill them all on a spot.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 21:34   Link #1592
thedonkiluminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Hmmm.... how so?
Euphemia was killing every japanese person in sight non stop because of the geass command. Lelouch knew of no other way to stop but to shoot her. He already had Clovis stop his massacre, and could have had him forget his face with the geass command. Instead he shot him. Clovis's murder was way more avoidable.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:41   Link #1593
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I guess killing Clovis was Lulu's Dark Lord 1101 module. He's using it to numb himself for the terrible things to come. He knew that prices had to be paid for stirring up trouble; it was when the prices began to hit home that he started to whine a little.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:45   Link #1594
orangejuicetang

Though really, now that you think about it, from a military point of view killing Clovis was a mistake for Lelouch. Killing Clovis meant that Cornelia had to come in to take care of Area 11, who was a much better commander than Clovis. If Lelouch had left Clovis alive, Clovis would have been the enemy commander instead of Clovis, and he would have liberated Japan already.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 21:47   Link #1595
thedonkiluminati

Quote:
I guess killing Clovis was Lulu's Dark Lord 1101 module. He's using it to numb himself for the terrible things to come. He knew that prices had to be paid for stirring up trouble; it was when the prices began to hit home that he started to whine a little.
I like Lelouch's evil mode, but I've got issues with him killing his siblings(if can be avoided anyway). The one thing I got from the first season and the sound episodes is that with the exception of Carrine or what ever that new princess's name was, the royal siblings geuinely cared for one another. So him going killing those who mourned his death doesn't sit right with me.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:51   Link #1596
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I like Lelouch's evil mode, but I've got issues with him killing his siblings(if can be avoided anyway). The one thing I got from the first season and the sound episodes is that with the exception of Carrine or what ever that new princess's name was, the royal siblings geuinely cared for one another. So him going killing those who mourned his death doesn't sit right with me.
He's onto "bigger" things. The feel that I get from CG R1 (and this is before I started on the series) is how naive Lulu was at the beginning. Besides paying the price, there are other issues whereby he acted his age. Yes, he did organise the Order, but he was still no leader in R1. Come R2, he's now morphing into something which will frighten Nunnally, should she know about it.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:52   Link #1597
thedonkiluminati

Quote:
Come R2, he's now morphing into something which will frighten Nunnally, should she know about it.
I certainly hope so...
Old 2008-07-15, 21:55   Link #1598
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I feel that Lulu is losing control. First, his Geass. Now, his mind, his most valuable asset, is getting eroded. Slowly, but surely.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:56   Link #1599
Velden

Quote:
Euphemia was killing every japanese person in sight non stop because of the geass command. Lelouch knew of no other way to stop but to shoot her. He already had Clovis stop his massacre, and could have had him forget his face with the geass command. Instead he shot him. Clovis's murder was way more avoidable.
In Clovisīs case, I agree that there could have been other ways but...

1)Lelouch already gave an order which was to "answer his questions", to tell him who is marianneīs murderer. And he canīt geass the same person twice.
2)Lelouch didnīt know the true nature of his geass, after that day he had to experiment with it to get a full idea of what it does and itīs limitations.
3)If he were to let clovis live and just "make him forget to have seen him", probably the massacre of the japanese would have just continued, which is something that lelouch wanted to stop.
Velden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 21:57   Link #1600
orangejuicetang

Though, one of the reasons for the massacres of japanese people was because he blamed the Japanese for Lelouch and Nunually's "deaths" during the war in Japan. Actually ironic really.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote