AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-19, 20:05   Link #281
KiraGirl2

I wish I could make a costume. Dx I look like Eva-Beatrice with sloppier bangs.
Old 2009-11-22, 18:02   Link #282
Joni3Nyo
☆ ポンポンら~♪

Our little umineko cosplay (I'm Beatrice) feedback?

Spoiler for Size?:
Old 2009-11-23, 13:38   Link #283
Bearpigman
kind of a bear..pig..man

Send a message via AIM to Bearpigman
Here are some images from the shoots at Anime USA, where I finally got my George Costume done:
Spoiler for photo size:

Last edited by Bearpigman; 2009-11-23 at 18:40.
Old 2009-11-24, 16:45   Link #284
Rinoafox

Send a message via AIM to Rinoafox Send a message via Yahoo to Rinoafox
These are a few pictures of my new Ange cosplay, taken at AUSA this past weekend

Spoiler for pictures:
Old 2009-11-24, 16:51   Link #285
Rinoafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
I want to eventually get the Erika costume by the same seller, but does anyone know where I could get a wig in her hairstyle?
I cosplay Erika and know how hard it can be to find a wig that is exactly like her hair. I found something similar on an ebay site called cosplaywig that had a base wig in the exact style the front needed, luckily in the correct color, with one ponytail clip. I just bought a second clip-in from the same seller to make sure the color matched. It was a bit expensive, but well worth it in the end.
Old 2009-11-25, 02:10   Link #286
Bernks
Twenty Wedges

Send a message via Yahoo to Bernks
Awesome shots at AUSA. Wish I had been able to go, was no way I could take the time off to drive up there.

One question for Rinoafox though.
Where did your boyfriend get his wig for his Battler cosplay? I searched the internets for a decent one while a good while and in the end had to just cut my own (not too pleased with my handy work, really).
Old 2009-11-25, 15:07   Link #287
Rinoafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernks View Post
Awesome shots at AUSA. Wish I had been able to go, was no way I could take the time off to drive up there.

One question for Rinoafox though.
Where did your boyfriend get his wig for his Battler cosplay? I searched the internets for a decent one while a good while and in the end had to just cut my own (not too pleased with my handy work, really).
I kinda just came across my boyfriend's wig for Battler while I was looking for another wig. It was one styled as another character, but the front bangs looked perfect for Battler. I convinced him to buy it then when it came in I took out the parts we didnt need then restyled the back and added a couple more spikes.

Here's the link to the wig we used
http://cgi.ebay.com/D-Grey-Man-Lavi-...item23030f951a
Old 2009-11-25, 15:29   Link #288
MayumiHime
Kihihihi...

German Cosplay Attack again, lolz. 'D
This time the cosplays belongs to Jessica (@ Animexx). They (yes, they're twins) don't really know how to post some pictures so I'm doing it~!

Spoiler for Pics:
Old 2009-11-25, 16:02   Link #289
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Recently had a hilarious cosplay idea: Dress up as Kinzo, have a friend dress up as Beatrice, and wheel her around on a tiny stage with a picture frame in front of it.
Every so often, look at the portrait and yell "OHHH BEATRICE, WHY WON'T MY HANDS REACH YOUR SMILING FACE?" and such. I really, really wish I could do that.
Old 2009-11-25, 18:56   Link #290
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni3Nyo View Post
Our little umineko cosplay (I'm Beatrice) feedback?

Spoiler for Size?:
Awsome job on the Goat butler I think thats the first one Ive seen and my group has been trying to figure out what to do for our friend who wants to be a goat.. Did you buy that mask online??
Old 2009-11-27, 18:21   Link #291
TheComedian

Umineko seems like it would be a lot easier to cosplay in than Higurashi and most other animes overall. A lot of the attire in the show seems very post 20th century, and some of the hair designs and outfits I've seen here look fantastic. Albeit it's probably pretty rare to see this done in the US since Umineko still needs time to get its feet off the ground, I can honestly say I'd love to see something like this at a con sometime.
Old 2009-11-27, 23:23   Link #292
Bernks
Twenty Wedges

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
Umineko seems like it would be a lot easier to cosplay in than Higurashi and most other animes overall. A lot of the attire in the show seems very post 20th century, and some of the hair designs and outfits I've seen here look fantastic. Albeit it's probably pretty rare to see this done in the US since Umineko still needs time to get its feet off the ground, I can honestly say I'd love to see something like this at a con sometime.
Give it time. I am predicting this to be almost Death Note big in the US in a few months possibly.
Old 2009-11-28, 18:29   Link #293
Bernks
Twenty Wedges

Just came back from Atlanta Anime Day, (Holy crap is it a tiny con) and thought I would share my Golden Sorc I wore to it.

Spoiler for Pictures and Ep. 5:

More to come after Luna Selene posts some of her own because almost all of my pics had her in them since I dont want to steal the glory of posting her amazing Beatrice gown (Seriously was amazing).
Old 2009-11-28, 20:13   Link #294
Auria

Your cape is epic win :3 Nice Battler ~
Old 2009-11-28, 22:29   Link #295
Rinoafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
I myself live in the US and have been cosplaying Umineko since last December. I can't say that the Umineko cosplays are easier than the Higurashi ones, as I cosplay from both series. A lot of the Higurashi outfits are easier to throw together, but their both just as fun to do. I love cosplaying from both series. =D The fan base is getting pretty big, at least among the cosplayers that I know of on the East coast and I'm relatively sure that we aren't the only ones. I know for Katsucon which is in February my friends and I are gathering an Umineko group. As of right now we have 20+ people showing up for a photoshoot, most of which will be doing different characters and we are still trying to gather others.
Old 2009-11-29, 02:40   Link #296
Luna Selene
BEST MOM AWARD

Send a message via AIM to Luna Selene
You might want to post the rest of the Atlanta Anime Day pictures, Bernks. XD I somehow managed not to snag a single one with my own camera and am now relying on everyone else's pictures from the con. Hopefully the ones from our photoshoot will be up soon...

But I appreciate the compliments.
Old 2009-11-29, 19:39   Link #297
Bernks
Twenty Wedges

Hm, my friends seemed to have taken less pictures of us then I remember.

Spoiler for Pictures:

Best pic of Luna I could scrounge up from the few pics I seem to have.
Spoiler for More Pictures:
Old 2009-12-01, 17:50   Link #298
Luna Selene
BEST MOM AWARD

Send a message via AIM to Luna Selene
Here are a couple more pictures from Atlanta Anime Day! I plan on doing another photoshoot in my Beatrice gown in a nicer, outdoor location in the upcoming months, so consider these shots a test run. There's quite a few things I want to improve on.

Bernks is the Battler in these photos, of course.

Spoiler for Four Beatrice and Battler cosplay photos here:

Thanks for looking!
Old 2009-12-01, 19:08   Link #299
mneme
Is busy drawing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernks View Post
Hm, my friends seemed to have taken less pictures of us then I remember.

Spoiler for Pictures:

Best pic of Luna I could scrounge up from the few pics I seem to have.
Spoiler for More Pictures:

HNNNGHHH. Could you ask her if she did the topskirt in all one peice? Or is there a seam somewhere I cant see?

I love the dress ALOT.
Old 2009-12-01, 19:51   Link #300
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Selene View Post
Every time I see this shot, I keep thinking OBJECTION!.
You're not the only one. And I haven't even played Phoenix Wright!

Nice costumes.
Closed Thread