AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-29, 04:53   Link #1
Lazyfatboi

Kira overpowered?

anyone else feel the same way?
Old 2006-08-29, 05:13   Link #2
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyfatboi
anyone else feel the same way?
1. This thread is meaningless and only leads to flames.
2. This thread is an old idea.
3. The poster should offer his/her opinion, and actually bring up something to discuss rather than yes/no answers.

Tell us what you think first, and we will see if there is anything to discuss.
Old 2006-08-29, 05:15   Link #3
neoko

Kira had to be that way for GS and GSD to turn out the way it did. Instead of saying; "Kira is overpowered," you should say something like; "GS/GSD had sucky plot/story."

IMO. I didn't mind GS though, but GSD was just, =__=
Old 2006-08-29, 05:20   Link #4
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

when he had his Freedom he wasn't overpowered.
Old 2006-08-29, 05:26   Link #5
neoko

Oh really? @__@
Old 2006-08-29, 05:48   Link #6
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Kira wasn't overpowered.

An overpowered Kira is the Kira of Gilbert's wet-dreams/fears/Destiny Plan.

One which is so powerful that Shinn and Athrun couldn't even come close to touching him.
Old 2006-08-29, 06:03   Link #7
Lazyfatboi

sorry i didnt mean to incite any flames , i just felt he defeated the other gundam pilots to quickly

Edit: my bad, im new to this forum so i didnt know it was an old topic
Old 2006-08-29, 06:54   Link #8
Gattzu
Silent but Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyfatboi
sorry i didnt mean to incite any flames , i just felt he defeated the other gundam pilots to quickly
That's usually what happends when the pilot is more skilled then the others, altho ppl tend to blame it on "plotholes".
Old 2006-08-29, 08:34   Link #9
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Unless you count ep23 as a "defeat" for Shinn, the only gundam pilot he could be said to have defeated quickly is Rey in the final ep. That's not exactly a glowing record, and it's not like Rey was touted as one of Zaft's best pilots.
Old 2006-08-29, 08:37   Link #10
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoko
Oh really? @__@
Yes really. I don't understand how the Freedom gundam would be overpowered. It has a few guns and beam sabers. It only has 3 ranged weapons that can go through PS armor....I don't see the Freedom as overpowered. It's great cool looking gundam that is powerful but not to powerful. It's about as good as Shinn's Destiny....
Old 2006-08-29, 08:46   Link #11
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

relatively, he is a poweful pilot compared to other CE pilots (Rau was a lil better until the freedom stab).... but he is a decent pilot overall, not that ZOMGpowerful.
The grunts suck though, I give you that. you WILL look overpowered killing 100 stationary targets
Old 2006-08-29, 09:25   Link #12
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Unless you count ep23 as a "defeat" for Shinn, the only gundam pilot he could be said to have defeated quickly is Rey in the final ep. That's not exactly a glowing record, and it's not like Rey was touted as one of Zaft's best pilots.
Well, you gotta give 'em props. He was in a ZAKU for most of the show's duration! The fact that he managed to survive that long deserves credit!

That, and Rey had Shinn on his palms anyway. The way he manipulates Shinn is just...

Speaking of quick ace defeats, sorry, but are we forgetting Justice vs. Destiny? Now that, is an entirely one sided affair. Not to mention, Shinn had a few close calls against the S. Freedom while piloting his new Destiny. If it wasn't for the oh-not-so-great Ray saving his behind, I honestly can't see how Shinn'd last very long.

- Tak
Old 2006-08-29, 09:37   Link #13
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Rey is a shitty pilot undeserving of a Gundam. He gets one by default which is pretty much a testament to his skill level. I would say even more underserving of a Gundam is Lunamaria. Looooooool she sucked in Impulse.
Old 2006-08-29, 09:48   Link #14
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

thats why it was handed downn to her. She wasnt given a custom made one, anyway. Kira being overpwoered is old news, lol.
Old 2006-08-29, 10:03   Link #15
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

I would have to say yes when it comes to him defeating a battlefield consisting of multiples mass produced MS, several Gundams piloted by Coordinators and druggies, etc. in less than an episode. Even more so when the guy wasn't suppose to have piloted Freedom for two years. I've heard that once you ride a bike you never forget how to but this is pretty ridiculous. In GS, Kira never really showed such level of combat ability and for him to actually do this well after not piloting for quite a while where he seems to be completely untouchable with no one being able to react much at all to getting attacked by him really makes no sense.

And that little few seconds mindwashing he did to Rey at the end of GSD makes him seem even more overpowered when he can pretty much babble anything and that person automatically skips off to not believing in what they believed in for most of their life and shoot the very guy he looks up to.
Old 2006-08-29, 10:48   Link #16
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
In GS, Kira never really showed such level of combat ability and for him to actually do this well after not piloting for quite a while where he seems to be completely untouchable with no one being able to react much at all to getting attacked by him really makes no sense.
Actually in GS, he did. He saved the Archangel within a split of a second, chops down Yzak with very little effort, disabled countless grunts and halted the invasion of an entire ZAFT fleet with speeches (albeit the Cyclopes helped). Yeah, he was paving his way to the path of ultimate stardom... yep

And lets give Lunamaria some credit. She did manage to get Jibril, and she fought to a standstill against the Gaia in a ZAKU! No less! If it wasn't for that horrible mini-skirt, I think I might appreciate her character more.

For the rest, I blame plotholes.

- Tak
Old 2006-08-29, 11:02   Link #17
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Actually in GS, he did. He saved the Archangel within a split of a second, chops down Yzak with very little effort, disabled countless grunts and halted the invasion of an entire ZAFT fleet with speeches (albeit the Cyclopes helped). Yeah, he was paving his way to the path of ultimate stardom... yep
Yet he still wasn't able to take on only three Gundams being piloted by druggies on more than on occasion where he still needed help. What you bring up doesn't really match as closely at all much with him taking out multiple gundams, and multiple new mass produced MS. So when he couldn't obviously take down three MS piloted by druggies in GS yet he can do this easily and even more all in the same episode without a scratch still after two years without piloting Freedom while we are supposed to have MS more advanced than those two years ago, it comes off as one big giant mass of illogical.
Old 2006-08-29, 11:04   Link #18
ccardoso
Banned

I think the problem isn't that Kira is overpowered, but the grunts are underpowered... I mean what's their use? No matter their number, they would be defeated by a branded gundam like Freedom, Justice, Destiny and so on.
It isn't possible that 100 zakus can't even hit Freedom once... I say once, not several times!!!
In a battle Freedom vs 100 zaku the zaku may be all destroyed, but Freedom must be really damaged to be real, otherwise it's power-ranger like.
It's spectacular of course, but nothing more...
Old 2006-08-29, 11:18   Link #19
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Kira isn´t overpowered. Go watch Char´s Counterattack.

And Kira got his own Newtype bling-bling. So he has the rights of being better than the rest. Just like our UC idols.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-08-29, 11:58   Link #20
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
And Kira got his own Newtype bling-bling. So he has the rights of being better than the rest. Just like our UC idols.
Well, except nobody in the UC universe can intercept artillery shells in mid-flight with rifles!

And Kira is not only a new type, but a coordinator as well, which... explains lots

- Tak
Closed Thread