AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-12, 00:55   Link #8161
Aquaman OS

Athrun only no kills against Orb. Otherwise he tries to avoid it, but has no issues with killing (he chopped Calamity in half in the Seed finale remember).

And he bullseyed the rifles off the Murasame's last ep, so nothing wrong with his aim. Chaos is just harder to hit I guess.

Remember Athrun litereally just got Savior, while Sting's had a month or more to get used to Chaos.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 01:09   Link #8162
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Remember Athrun literally just got Savior, while Sting's had a month or more to get used to Chaos.
come on don't sell either pilot less than they are, Athrun is a super ace he shouldn't take weeks to get the hang of his suit, otherwise he'd have died in Seed. And Sting is one of the best extendeds out in the field, so he too is a top pilot of EA. Sting dodging Athrun's shots shouldn't be that outlandish.
Old 2013-07-12, 01:27   Link #8163
Aquaman OS

Yeah but it's not like the Zaku which was as simple an MS as you can possibly get. At atmospheric flight specialized transformable Gundam is a far cry from that. It's also primarily ranged with its main weapons being the cannons, and that's not really Athrun's specialty. Note how he spends most of the battle trying to out manuver Sting to hit him with the cannons. It's his first time fighting a skilled opponent with something like that.
Old 2013-07-12, 01:56   Link #8164
The American Average
2LMES

The Savior is practically the Aegis Gundam, when you get down to it(gimmicks and weapons) its not like Athrun hasn't flown some pretty complex machines before the Savior also. with him transforming in the whole fight maybe its just easier to aim, from what i could tell in the fight it was rather pointless for him to be in airplane mode.

Also why would the Savior be some much more complex than a Zaku? I'd think with every new suit it be easier to use and less complex. especially with Custom units for Ace pilots. now of course the Savior is different in terms of suit design than the Zaku but its not like its like driving a car and then going straight to a helicopter controls.

Spoiler for Savior cockpit:
looks pretty simple to me just push a button and the suit does it for you.

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-07-12 at 02:24.
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 02:29   Link #8165
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post

Makes me wonder if Freedom/Justice have Aim-Bots.
You know the old saying: "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying!"
Old 2013-07-12, 02:33   Link #8166
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
The Savior is practically the Aegis Gundam, when you get down to it(gimmicks and weapons) its not like Athrun hasn't flown some pretty complex machines before the Savior also. with him transforming in the whole fight maybe its just easier to aim, from what i could tell in the fight it was rather pointless for him to be in airplane mode.

Also why would the Savior be some much more complex than a Zaku? I'd think with every new suit it be easier to use and less complex. especially with Custom units for Ace pilots. now of course the Savior is different in terms of suit design than the Zaku but its not like its like driving a car and then going straight to a helicopter controls.

Spoiler for Savior cockpit:
looks pretty simple to me just push a button and the suit does it for you.
I only have 2 explanations for Athrun's performance in the Saviour this episode:

1. Plot (duh), wouldn't be any fun if he shot everything down at this point (though this is inexcusable later on in the 20-27 mark)

2. Yes it transforms like the Aegis, the difference though is that he's piloting on Earth, as such its more difficult (gravity, wind, aerodynamics, and whatever other physics which is applicable). On top of that his opponent is for one another ace, and his mech also happens to quite competent for aerial fights (though apparently lacking the same speed and mobility as the MA Saviour in the atmosphere, this however allows him to simply turn the suit within his area to face/shoot at the Saviour, while the MA Saviour has to fly out, then roundabout in order to fire in MA form, as its guns are all facing forward). Athrun would have been better of sticking to MS mode, getting close and personal with sabers, then getting out if necessary with MA. Though I think he may have avoided this as locking beams would have left him open to a numerically superior enemy (with nobody covering his back, Shinn was farther out shooting grunts then fighting the Gaia)

The main info I am lacking with this though is whether the Chaos' MA form and gunbarrels? operate well under gravity/on earth

Ya know this got me thinking: Y have I NEVER seen a MA Fighter type MS have a ROTATING gun/turret? That would have been so effective in maintaining fire in flight while covering multiple angles
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 03:55   Link #8167
The American Average
2LMES

I think your 2 reasons are sound, don't think piloting on the earth has anything to do with it, Savior is kind of designed for earth so... but other than that seems reasonable.
Old 2013-07-12, 04:37   Link #8168
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The main info I am lacking with this though is whether the Chaos' MA form and gunbarrels? operate well under gravity/on earth
In the original series, at the scene shown around 16:42-16:48 on the YouTube video of the remaster for this latest episode, Sting used the mobile weapon pods, and it was probably the only time it ever did so on Earth.

Unfortunately, the second special edition kept the pods on Chaos and the remaster is using that version. So I guess they changed their mind and are now saying the mobile weapon pods can be used under the gravity of a colony, like Armory One, but not under Earth's gravity when on Earth.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 09:32   Link #8169
bio9205
Reborn

This is a bit off-topic, but what do the yellow beams in SEED represent? Beams, or physical rounds? I've always wondered that.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 09:48   Link #8170
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
This is a bit off-topic, but what do the yellow beams in SEED represent? Beams, or physical rounds? I've always wondered that.
I think it's physical rounds, Freedoms waist cannons are classified as rail guns...
Old 2013-07-12, 10:07   Link #8171
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
those are supposed to be projectiles from some kind of a futuristic compact railgun.. In the original animation it really looks more like a beam, but in the remaster it looks like a proper projectile.
Old 2013-07-12, 10:52   Link #8172
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Gundam 10 View Post
Shinn is an idiot anyways never liked his loud mouth angry attitude but was alright with him if he wasn't screaming like a guy on drugs or feel like he is a bigshot and about Japan being crazy with panty shot lol.
In a real war front line soldier is very emotional attitude they can scream in a battle. I like his realistic character more than a silent emotionless face.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 10:57   Link #8173
PzIVf3

Quote:
Wow I guess you did reply to what I said good.
First of all Athrun didn't randomly smack him or yell at him he did hit him cause Shinn refuse to follow orders from him who was a superior officer in rank and is also a member of Faith even though what he did was right and second of all I do believe Shinn is an idiot simply because he believes he is always right and how he blames the Cagalli and her father for his parent's death when one way or another war would come to ORB either from ZAFT or Earth Alliance
So what did he wrong? For saving the slave? Which is important to you?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 11:04   Link #8174
Aquaman OS

Well

1. He ran off and ditched everyone else to fight Gaia and then attack the base, and refused to pull back when ordered to. As a result Minerva and the other ship were unguarded and the sub was destroyed.

2. He massacred the EA soldiers even after it was clear they'd given up and were helpless against him.
Old 2013-07-12, 11:12   Link #8175
Deadpool2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Well

1. He ran off and ditched everyone else to fight Gaia and then attack the base, and refused to pull back when ordered to. As a result Minerva and the other ship were unguarded and the sub was destroyed.

2. He massacred the EA soldiers even after it was clear they'd given up and were helpless against him.
And by rushing ahead the whole fight, he force Athrun to come after him, living Luna and Rey to fail at stopping the Abyss, causing the deaths of everyone in that submarine.

Athrun didn't smack Shinn for saving people from the EA base. He smacked Shinn for ignoring the battle plan and leading to the destruction of a ZAFT submarine.

Here's the truth, the Minerva had already guessed there was a base nearby. Once the battle was one, they would have searched for it and found it and freed those people anyways. With a smaller loss of life.

Shinn was too focused on his own sense of heroism to think long term. So he got smacked.
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 11:39   Link #8176
I am Gundam 10

Both Deadpool2000 and Aquaman OS said exactly what I would say Shinn was just too focused on what he wants and that is why he got smacked which is why it is not random.

Dying in Vain is as same as living in vain
I am Gundam 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 11:44   Link #8177
I am Gundam 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
In a real war front line soldier is very emotional attitude they can scream in a battle. I like his realistic character more than a silent emotionless face.
Then I guess you and I prefer different things and no I am not expecting every soldier to act like a golem and be emotionless but at least stop the yelling this guy does everytime he is a soldier not a 6 year old about to get booster shot and guys like Lockon Stratos from Gundam 00 is what I like out of a soldier not too emotional but has an awesome personality.

Old 2013-07-12, 12:03   Link #8178
Deadpool2000

Quote:
Both Deadpool2000 and Aquaman OS said exactly what I would say Shinn was just too focused on what he wants and that is why he got smacked which is why it is not random.
Your agreeing with me makes me want to take a shower...
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 12:13   Link #8179
I am Gundam 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
Your agreeing with me makes me want to take a shower...
Looooooool

Old 2013-07-12, 12:31   Link #8180
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
In the original series, at the scene shown around 16:42-16:48 on the YouTube video of the remaster for this latest episode, Sting used the mobile weapon pods, and it was probably the only time it ever did so on Earth.

Unfortunately, the second special edition kept the pods on Chaos and the remaster is using that version. So I guess they changed their mind and are now saying the mobile weapon pods can be used under the gravity of a colony, like Armory One, but not under Earth's gravity when on Earth.
Makes sense to me, if the SF/Legends DRAGOONS wont work under gravity those giant gun pods sure as hell wont

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
I think your 2 reasons are sound, don't think piloting on the earth has anything to do with it, Savior is kind of designed for earth so... but other than that seems reasonable.
Yeah the piloting on earth part is pretty subjective:

1. CE suits are magically more resistant to gravity as opposed to UC units, so for all we know the differences are negated with a aerial suit like the Saviour

2. Athrun may have practiced with a Murasame for all we know at some point in the time gap
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep