AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 06:44   Link #1481
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Pretty much Chalice offers a hefty MR boost as well though, combined with mercs it will give casters a much harder time harassing you. Truth be told, nobody keeps a chalice end-game, but it serves its purpose well up till mid game.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 09:12   Link #1482
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

I've seen alot of Panth's build Manamune and do pretty well with it, I wouldn't say it's a bad item for him, situational maybe?
I dunno, never played him :x
Old 2011-11-20, 09:16   Link #1483
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'd say Chalice is enough, with some mp5 rune. With manamune, I never got down below than 80% of my max mana, and that's a sign that it's a waste.
You need to focus more on atk and survivability. Current Pantheon is good with sustain dmg, given his low cd on skill.
Old 2011-11-20, 09:40   Link #1484
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally haven't suffered mana problems with pantheon just running mp5 runes (usually on blues since Pantheon lanes against physical majority of the time). If you feel you don't have enough mana, do one or both of these first.

-Get at least 8 in utility for the mana and mana regen masteries
-Start regrowth pendant and go philo stone

Advantage of philo stone is that you get health regen, which is more important than MR since Pantheon will usually fight top (which is ruled by people who can sustain) or bot (as a replacement for the ranged ad carry), both of which is usually physical based damage. Not only that, but philo stone will eventually pay for itself, and its upgrade isn't bad since it gives hp/cdr and a nice MS boost active as well.

Honestly though, Pantheon is strongest at mid-game and falls off late, so I'd rather just go something like brutalizer into BT to take advantage of this. Kinda like leblanc, in that if you don't get ahead early enough, you're going to have problems sooner or later.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 14:04   Link #1485
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Just lost my fourth game today, because of a Ashe or a Annie player over feeding to a Master Yi :'( did not end well.

His attack speed was something insane and I could only go against him when he was by himself and I had red buff/blue buff with my ultimate up, as Shaco. I wasn't even that well fed, 5/2/6.
The Ashe score was 10/23/1....was pretty insane that he/she just kept going.
Old 2011-11-20, 16:12   Link #1486
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lols @ 23 deaths...as Shaco, you want to drag/harass the straight-forward dps champs like Yi, Trynda, Jax etc., it's not too hard to confuse them...just don't do the obvious (like using skills when your clone is getting focused, sheen glow betrays the real you, as do jungle buffs), and since Yis tend to have glass cannon builds, thornmail is a very good counter to their lifesteal shenanigans. Frozen heart is also a good option, in these cases.

Jungling Q: can anyone start with Lizard and survive?
Old 2011-11-20, 17:10   Link #1487
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Lols @ 23 deaths...as Shaco, you want to drag/harass the straight-forward dps champs like Yi, Trynda, Jax etc., it's not too hard to confuse them...just don't do the obvious (like using skills when your clone is getting focused, sheen glow betrays the real you, as do jungle buffs), and since Yis tend to have glass cannon builds, thornmail is a very good counter to their lifesteal shenanigans. Frozen heart is also a good option, in these cases.

Jungling Q: can anyone start with Lizard and survive?
I think you misread, the ashe on his team had 23 deaths.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 17:43   Link #1488
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm excited for the next match with Epik Gaming vs Solo Mid which is coming at 6:00 EST from what the announcement said
Old 2011-11-20, 18:04   Link #1489
Spartanz1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'm excited for the next match with Epik Gaming vs Solo Mid which is coming at 6:00 EST from what the announcement said
My bet is on Epik winning the first game
Spartanz1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 18:14   Link #1490
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Solo Mid won with a 3-0 streak. I was surprised that Epik didn't ban Yorick or Maokai since they seem to be the MVP champions of the games with their teleport, the massive tankiness, and the stun from Maokai. Alongside Solo Mid's great pushing method gave them such a huge lead in gold. I'm shocked that Solo Mid just obliterated Epik Gaming, great play.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-11-20 at 20:22.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 23:50   Link #1491
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm a Dan Dinh fan, so sad with the loss. But honestly, they pretty much picked crap comps.

Game 1: Rammus + Singed + Taric + Zilean = much less damage than they should have, as they're putting all their damage on vayne. Ryze gets frozen heart as a core item, and Vayne just gots 20% less effective, on top of Maokai ult.

Game 2: TSM got Vayne/Yorick, and Vayne just outlanes most melee when having support. Sona/Kennen combo gets defeated by Maokai ult, as that 20% less damage on the entire team really REALLY put a difference.

Game 3: AoE comp vs Maokai ult... didn't they learn second game? That, and a lack of iniator really hurt them, when Leblanc is free to poke and retreat with impunity.

Meh, just glad that Dignitas didn't advance to the finals.

Old 2011-11-21, 01:29   Link #1492
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think you misread, the ashe on his team had 23 deaths.
Nah I read it right, it's just that I've never seen anyone feed more than 12~15 times in the same game.

As for the tourneys, ban Maokai next time :P So, when are the finals?
Old 2011-11-21, 01:40   Link #1493
Xacual

Quote:
Nah I read it right, it's just that I've never seen anyone feed more than 12~15 times in the same game.

I've seen some really abysmal scores which I guess is the main reason I don't play normal or ranked games ever. I'm pretty average so I'm not going to act like I'm good in anyway but I at least won't run into a group of 2+ enemy champs. Had a game recently where our Riven was at enemy side of river, Renekton and I(playing Sona) were at the opposite side of river, in Mid so think about tower to tower distance. He engaged enemy group and then complained that we didn't engage with him. I was like what? We were too far away when you initiated.

That kind of stuff is really common for me and it saps all my enthusiasm for playing against other players.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 04:31   Link #1494
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Who bans Maokai -_- Also that Sona kill was hilarious.

Quote:
The finals were TSM vs EG with TSM winning 3-0.

Unrelated: If you're playing support and got boots lvl2, 2x GP/10, Aegis and maybe a Shurelia, what item do you get next if the other team is mostly AP? Or do you try to get something that's more beneficial to your own team like Soul Shroud?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 05:03   Link #1495
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Really depends on the champion you got...and the champions you're facing. Your options vary, you may need extra penetration so as not to be neglected, bonus AP to contribute with AoE spells and heals, provided you have any, more HP/defence if you get burst down, QSS for stunlocks/permaslows, or extra CC if your enemies are too fast/shielded.
For example, as Sona, I'd finish DFG and get an abyssal scepter - the bonus MR would be good defence against an AP team, and the bonus AP would help kill them faster, since most casters tend to build offensively. After that, it all comes down to whether you're winning or losing; when winning, you build more AP (WotA, deathcap, all kinds of things), if you're losing you'd probably invest in survivability instead.
Old 2011-11-21, 20:19   Link #1496
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Also wards. Lots and lots and lots of wards.
Many wards, left side, right side HANDLE IT. (obscure jokes!)

Anyway, anyone familiar with Udyr at all? I've been building wriggles > merc treads > trinity force > wits end and I dunno if I'm doing it right?
Old 2011-11-21, 20:56   Link #1497
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I was thinking of giving Udyr a shot, but I haven't played him yet so I don't know sadly.

Maokai seems to be an extremely aggressive tank laner if you're up against two melee. Was laning with Ashe against Xin Zhao and Jarven VI, and I just ate all the damage like it was nothing and let Ashe poke at them. Having teleport allowed me to easily swoop around the map and save teammates when they are losing (Gangplank was about to kill Alistair before I came in from top to bot lane with teleport). Overall, Maokai is very tanky and can get in everyone's face + the ability to support his team very well + the ability to knock off some health from enemies if built right..

Or maybe that's because I was laning with two melee?
Old 2011-11-21, 21:33   Link #1498
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
Anyway, anyone familiar with Udyr at all? I've been building wriggles > merc treads > trinity force > wits end and I dunno if I'm doing it right?
I think that's the right way for "tiger" udyr, but phoenix plays differently, I've seen him itemize a lot of different ways though.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 00:02   Link #1499
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Jungle-wise...

Phoenix Udyr doesn't need wriggles. Wit's End is all the damage he needs, then tanky (Aegis/Randuins/Force of Nature, take your pick) with triforce in the end. All assuming you have at least AS marks.

Tiger Udyr on the otherhand is pretty much dependent on wriggles. You don't build wit's end on him though, as he already has ridiculously high AS and he'd gain more from AD so his tiger proc does more damage as well.

My main Tiger build is to go wriggles, boots 1, heart of gold, and merc treads as core, then Warden's mail --> randuins, negatron --> Force of Nature, and/or bf sword --> bloodthrister depending on what I need.

Now I'm experimenting with wriggles, boots 1, philo stone, merc treads, glacial shroud/negatron, then shurelyas for a full CDR build once I upgrade to frozen heart. MUCH less dependent on blue, so I don't feel as bad giving blue to my ap carry, and its so much easier initiating. Thing is, shurelyas does take an item slot and you're more susceptible to mid-game AP burst.

Old 2011-11-22, 00:38   Link #1500
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Why was I under the impression that Udyr builds Madred's?
Quote:
Also wards. Lots and lots and lots of wards.
Many wards, left side, right side HANDLE IT.
Yeah, it's up to the support to hand out the ward cash, don't be afraid to buy six of them and spend the next two minutes setting them up across runeterra.

Tags
league of legends, lol