AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 29 29.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-18, 12:51   Link #201
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I don't think the rejection was as bad for Ike as it could have been. He pretty much knew it wasn't going to go his way. But still had to do it just so there wouldn't be any regrets for not ever saying anything. Still takes guts to walk into that situation knowing it's probably not going to be your day.
Old 2008-03-18, 12:52   Link #202
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

I'll not accept Yuji's father as Sabrac. That'll be past my tolerance level for "brokenness", at least for this anime. But the Outlaw theory might just work. Anyways, Yuji needs a fatherly figure to turn to; it's quite common to have a character that just seems to know everything and be easygoing with things, but have a hidden side that will save the protagonist during a crisis. I'll be waiting patiently for some action from his Dad.
Old 2008-03-18, 12:55   Link #203
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I haven't seen this episode yet, but it seems Shana Second has failed like Nanoha StrikerS to me. I loved the first season, but the second one? Full with boring everyday-life episodes, with only a bit action at the end, and that's it.
I'm tired of you people complaining about the lack of action in SnSII. This ISN'T an action anime, it's the story about a boy and a girl. It NEVER was a pure action anime.

I don't think Kantarou is Sabrac as Yuji and the Flame Hazes would notice his POE, and Sabrac got alot of it!
Old 2008-03-18, 12:58   Link #204
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well I don't think the rejection was as bad for Ike as it could have been. He pretty much knew it wasn't going to go his way. But still had to do it just so there wouldn't be any regrets for not ever saying anything. Still takes guts to walk into that situation knowing it's probably not going to be your day.
I think that was a gracious exit, just walking on without turning back. I'm guessing this will be the last we'll see of him, at least for this series, though I'm curious about how he'll actually handle it, after putting on that brave front. I'll definitely miss him, being one of the first few characters that started the series, and made Yuji not look like such a nerd without any friends in school.
Old 2008-03-18, 13:03   Link #205
nines
I much prefer the 2d

What i would love to see is Kantarou being a flame haze he just seems like hed be one he goes all over the place probably like sabrac a hitman in a way lol
Old 2008-03-18, 13:27   Link #206
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Agreed with Toreno.

Go watch shounen if you want so much action.
..though I don't like the romance in this anime when Yoshida is involved.
Also, Lol at Shana's 'how do I make babies?"
Old 2008-03-18, 13:29   Link #207
nines
I much prefer the 2d

I think the romance with shana is kind of creepy she looks like a 7 year old and is way to tiny so if he where to like shack up with her thatd be really weird lol+
Old 2008-03-18, 13:48   Link #208
whodaman

Noo a cliffhanger... I hope Yuji chooses someone before the season ends. If he doesn't I'll just pretend the season ended 1 episode ago...

I wonder what would happen if he chose Shana... I think Yoshida will be sad for a while and will probably have to make a decision with that cross thing.

If he chose Yoshida, then Shana would probably have one of her "moods" again and regret it later.

I can also completely see that he never gets around to it. (Remember when Shana tried to tell him that she loved him before and then an "event" happened)
Old 2008-03-18, 13:53   Link #209
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Pity that there isn't a Santa Claus Flame Haze to interrupt Hecate's ambush on Yuji.
Old 2008-03-18, 14:09   Link #210
BigGimp77

While it isn't on the same level as ZnT II butchering, This second season has been FAR less enjoyable then the first. I don't buy the whole "JC Staff had to rush it for money," because if you need money one thing you don't wanna do is put out an inferior product on your most popular series. You will only lose fans that way.

If this is the end of the anime then I'm going to be left with a bad taste in my mouth. And I cant read effin Japanese to find out what really happens.
Old 2008-03-18, 14:30   Link #211
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
I'm tired of you people complaining about the lack of action in SnSII. This ISN'T an action anime, it's the story about a boy and a girl. It NEVER was a pure action anime.
I'm not saying that SnS is pure action, I'm saying that in the first season the number of school-life episodes and action episodes were well balanced, but in this season there is not enough action. But, I think it's off-topic, so I'm off.
Old 2008-03-18, 14:31   Link #212
rainbow_star

I think this episode is so boring, but the ending was a big surprise!
Can they get back the Reji Maigo for Yuji in the next couple episodes?
Old 2008-03-18, 14:33   Link #213
nines
I much prefer the 2d

in a couple of episodes i think he would of faded away because eventually like how shakugan no shana started with that one girl she started to act blank and crap and people started to forget him so that will eventually start with yuji seeing how it started like as soon as that girl was brought back as a torch
Old 2008-03-18, 14:53   Link #214
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post

I don't think Kantarou is Sabrac as Yuji and the Flame Hazes would notice his POE, and Sabrac got alot of it!
the same way he can hide his power untill the suprise attack, and the same way no one noticed that he escaped, Then the same way ( and yes the same way) he could hide his POE.

Well its just a theory i have had since he showed up. Because i find it odd as how Yuji suddenly got RM since the first series.

Also the conversation today was wierd. I mean the one Yuji had with his dad. He gave Yuji the name because of his older brother. As a proof he existed. Maybe he is giving the third child the name 3 as a proof that the other two brother existed. Maybe he knows something is going to happen to him.

Well again its just a wild theory, which i highly doubt will fruit.
Old 2008-03-18, 15:06   Link #215
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
Since when Shakugan no Shana was a SOAP series?

To be quite honest, SnS was enjoyable because it has its fair share of genres and colorful characters.
The huge problem with SnS second is the fact the balance is completely broken, with almost half the series completely debatable, due of the meaninglessness and questionable content of these.

The triangle wasn't a problem at the first glance, but it became a sick trend in second season, where the relationships are going nowhere (at least, it isn't going forward then BACKWARDS like Zero no Tsukaima Futatsuki no Kishi)
What is worse is when the actual "action parts" are atrociously underwhelming, poor and very short to the point the "power balance" is completely off to what we were shown in season 1.

To add the insult to the injury, many parts of the series suffered almost the same animation lazyness and such from first season despite the vintage difference.
Old 2008-03-18, 15:07   Link #216
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Nah, you're just in denial.

OK, I was just joking. By heading towards Yuji, Yoshida has given Ike the signal that he can finally move on. Of course being rejected hurts, but Ike would rather have that, than live the rest of his life in regret that Yoshida never knew his feelings for her.
He could move on at any time before. He still can.

What I'm saying is that, while he did confess his feelings, what he did barely qualifies as asking her out. He gave her little reason to turn toward him. Little time to even consider it. And, as she herself showed, a confession doesn't have to be the end.

Sure, she still loves Yuji. He knew that going in. But if his resolve is so weak that the little he's done so far is all he can do to woo her, he should never have said he loved her in the first place. He shouldn't have talked big to Yuji at the end of S1, or acted all angsty to Sato.

Quote:
BTW, around the scene where Shana asks Yoshida how to make babies, does anyone notice that her twin ponytail resemble that hawt Chinese girl in Gundam 00? (I only watch the screenshots in blogs of that series, it's more entertaining that way for me. )
Not really. For one thing, she kinda lacks the double-O...
Old 2008-03-18, 15:11   Link #217
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
the same way he can hide his power untill the suprise attack, and the same way no one noticed that he escaped, Then the same way ( and yes the same way) he could hide his POE.

Well its just a theory i have had since he showed up. Because i find it odd as how Yuji suddenly got RM since the first series.
Yuji already noticed him when Zarovee and Bifrons appeared, but couldn't detect Sabrac cause his "body" was the whole city. This way Yuji felt that there's something suspicious, but couldn't tell where it came from.
If Kantarou was Sabrac, Yuji would have this strange feeling again he had before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
Since when Shakugan no Shana was a SOAP series?

To be quite honest, SnS was enjoyable because it has its fair share of genres and colorful characters.
The huge problem with SnS second is the fact the balance is completely broken, with almost half the series completely debatable, due of the meaninglessness and questionable content of these.

The triangle wasn't a problem at the first glance, but it became a sick trend in second season, where the relationships are going nowhere (at least, it isn't going forward then BACKWARDS like Zero no Tsukaima Futatsuki no Kishi)
What is worse is when the actual "action parts" are atrociously underwhelming, poor and very short to the point the "power balance" is completely off to what we were shown in season 1.

To add the insult to the injury, many parts of the series suffered almost the same animation lazyness and such from first season despite the vintage difference.
I never said SnS was a SOAP series, did I?
I said SnS isn't a pure action series as some people seem to think. They just keep complaining. And that gets a bit tiring. Sorry that's just my opinion...or my imagination. ^^
I agree on the rest of your post. The genres aren't very well balanced.

Toreno

Last edited by Toreno; 2008-03-18 at 15:34.
Old 2008-03-18, 15:50   Link #218
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I don't think Pheles' abilities have been revealed at all. To start off with, she was able to fight Sabrac and survive. She created the Reiju Maigo. She was able to create a second entity of herself. She fought alongside Wilhelemina. And she has done all of that, just living off of torches.
Wilhelemina said that Pheles was too dangerous of an opponent, and if she came, it would be a catastrophe. There was no chance of victory.
I think Pheles is powerful enough to be a lord of Guze.

Also, Yuji had no combat experiance, I don't think Margery had any combat experiance, that kid from Margery's past had no combat experiance, and I don't think Wilhelemina was tossing ribbons at people before she became a Flame Haze. But, as Shana said, she has the knowledge of the entire world.

Also, it's not a fanboyish theory until a male agrees with my theory. Until then, it's fangirlish.
Nah, if Pheles was powerful enough to contract a flame haze, she would have been able to have beaten Sabrac. As it stands, do you really think Alastor or the likes would have had trouble with him at all?

Regarding Wilhelmina, there's no saying what happened before she became a flame haze regarding how much experience she had. The only person we've seen a detailed look at before their flame haze life was Shana who was given extensive combat training before being contracted. Wilhelmina sure seemed to see this as normal.

Furthermore, Yuji has no combat experience, but he has the advantage of the Reiji Maigo's keeper that can boost his PoE. Despite that, who has he taken out on his own anyway? Zarovee? That means that a Flame Haze Yoshida would have to stick to murdering old men, or at least people around his level. Thing is, Zarovee had about as much PoE as a torch.

Now, Yuri's a bad example, as he was looked down on by everyone as a flame haze (in fact, he wasn't even allowed to fight), and well, you know what happened to him. If anything, that would illustrate my point.

As far as it being fangirlish or fanboyish - I'm glad you admit it at least
Old 2008-03-18, 15:51   Link #219
viny
a new otaku

lolz

LOLZ! shit always happend when it's confession time
Old 2008-03-18, 17:11   Link #220
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I don't think Pheles' abilities have been revealed at all. To start off with, she was able to fight Sabrac and survive. She created the Reiju Maigo. She was able to create a second entity of herself. She fought alongside Wilhelemina. And she has done all of that, just living off of torches.
Wilhelemina said that Pheles was too dangerous of an opponent, and if she came, it would be a catastrophe. There was no chance of victory.
I think Pheles is powerful enough to be a lord of Guze.

Also, Yuji had no combat experiance, I don't think Margery had any combat experiance, that kid from Margery's past had no combat experiance, and I don't think Wilhelemina was tossing ribbons at people before she became a Flame Haze. But, as Shana said, she has the knowledge of the entire world.

Also, it's not a fanboyish theory until a male agrees with my theory. Until then, it's fangirlish.
pheles is no where near the level of marchosias and tiamat, let alone alastor. you have to realise that the flame haze can't use the power of its contractor to its full potential (except enpatsu shakugan)
i don't know if you have noticed but most of the top flame hazes are princes (khamsin) and princesses (Margery, Wilhelmina), this means they will have a much larger poe cap than the others (poe cap of a flame haze is directly related to how famous they are). this mean even if kazumi becomes a flame haze she will have a very low poe reserve
margery got no experience? i don't know where you got that from but she killed far more tomogara than kazumi have seen in her entire life. and as you have said Wilhelmina didn't become a powerful flame haze right after her contract, she gained thoses skills over hundreds of years, but i don't think kazumi and yuji can wait that long.

however what i really don't understand is why you want her to be a flame haze. i mean i was hoping that shana could stop being one, there is a reason why flame hazes are called "shells".
Closed Thread