AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-27, 19:57   Link #21
Newhope

Ya i'am with you on that I wouldn't rule out Riful been alive just yet, every other death especially major characters has shown the body it's a slim chance but it's there.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:59   Link #22
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Ya i'am with you on that I wouldn't rule out Riful been alive just yet, every other death especially major characters has shown the bodys it's a slim chance but it's there.
Again not neccesarily, rather than show a body for Illena, we had the arm she gave Clare let both us the readers and Clare know something had happend to her.

It's also safe to presume Renee is deceased too.
Old 2009-12-27, 20:03   Link #23
Newhope

If it was any other character other than Riful I'd agree with you but time and again she's shown to be a sly old fox.
Old 2009-12-27, 21:09   Link #24
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

All I can say is..........goddamn, you guys weren't kidding about the chapter being released early.

I wanted to make a discussion about Jean's awakened form, but I guess that has to be put on hold

---

The discussion was, why do you guys believe Jean's awakened form is a Butterfly?

I was giving it some thought, and it's pretty weird. As for as I know, the Awakened form is the result of many things: their power-level, their personality and who they really are, even imagination perhaps...Jean is ruled by honor, she is a Knight in every sense of the word and is passionate. She is probably the only person, aside from Priscilla and Cynthia, who lives to help humans out of a desire, not a need.

If I didn't see her Awakened form...I'd imagine it would be like Isley's or Priscilla's - something symbolic about her as an honorable warrior, probably something angelic and holy.....so why a Butterfly of all things?(or is it a Moth?)

Butterflies to me, are very innocent beautiful creatures, that make you think of your childhood. Could it be representive of her true personality somehow? That she is beautiful and pure, like the image of a butterfly?

I'd like to see people's thoughts on this.

---

I don't believe the spoilers either. Riful already had a great death-moment in 97 and she didn't die then. Does Yagi really think he could top that?

I don't believe it, because its just too weird. Back and forth, Riful and Dauf looked like they were gonna die, then it looked like they were going to survive...not they are dead? Can somebody make up their mind already?

As for Priscilla vs Raciella....well that's no surprise. The real question is Why is she initiating this fight, because I still believe she only cares about food, but now these Raki flashbacks make the people said she wants revenge more plausible.

The end though of those spoilers....is Priscilla heading toward Claire and co or Raciella? Because it says both.

---

I do not believe Renee is dead; Irene I'm letting go, because her death was heavily implied, not to mention went for drama....but I'm not believing anything until I see a body for Renee.
Old 2009-12-27, 21:22   Link #25
Newhope

The raws out:P
Old 2009-12-27, 21:36   Link #26
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

..........What a weird month; the raws are indeed out, but its the last place I expected 0_0

The chapter feels rushed, but I reckon that's just because its short.

Riful and Dauf....I'm willing to wait until the translations are out, but even then, I think it's fair to say they both are dead.

We don't SEE anything, but Priscilla left the field they were at and went toward Claire and co...and theirs no reason she would leave if she didn't kill them both. Still makes me curious though what was said.

No surprise; both of them fought to protect eachother; Rifuls hair looks really cool on page 11. No surprise, Claire has completely lost it and is now a danger to everyone.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-12-27 at 21:46.
Old 2009-12-27, 21:46   Link #27
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

the raws are out early, it seems to me priscilla is searching for something she can eat(guts!). It doesn't make sense otherwise, because she doesn't attack "weak creatures" like riful or dauff without a purpose, she said it herself that she isn't interested. She searched for guts when she attacked beth and she searched for them in riful's belly. The next she will try are clare, helen and deneve. Except that destroyer will prevent her from it.
Old 2009-12-27, 21:47   Link #28
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
the raws are out early, it seems to me priscilla is searching for something she can eat. It doesn't make sense otherwise, because she doesn't attack "weak creatures" like riful or dauff. She searched for guts when she attacked beth and she searched for them in riful's belly. The next she will try are clare, helen and deneve. Except that destroyer will prevent her from it.
That was my impression as well...but now I'm starting to think their MAY be some actual intention, because of the Raki flashback in the beginning.

The cover said she had some sort of goal last chapter...who knows, perhaps even in her new form, she really does want something more then a meal.
Old 2009-12-27, 21:48   Link #29
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
That was my impression as well...but now I'm starting to think their MAY be some actual intention, because of the Raki flashback in the beginning.

The cover said she had some sort of goal last chapter...who knows, perhaps even in her new form, she really does want something more then a meal.
I will go to sleep, we have to wait for the scanslation...
Old 2009-12-27, 21:49   Link #30
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
I will go to sleep, we have to wait for the scanslation...
Okay

Still....., our chinese friends got the drop this month. I never expected the chapter to be released where it was.

Riful has survived a shot like the one she got before; from both Claire and the Eaters...but never from a power like this...

Have to wait and see, but her odds don't look so good.
Old 2009-12-27, 21:57   Link #31
Jonova
JoJo

Let's welcome the newest model of Teminator: T-Priscilla!
Spoiler for 99 Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-27, 21:57   Link #32
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
That must be the shortest chapter ever.
Old 2009-12-27, 22:00   Link #33
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonova View Post
Let's welcome the newest model of Teminator: T-Priscilla!
Spoiler for 99 Spoiler:
Heh, makes sense, though I don't think even the T-1000 can do THAT

---

Actually Freya, it was the same last year; Newhope is right, December chapters are just plain short.
Old 2009-12-27, 23:04   Link #34
Ryuken
Claymore #01

She really likes to drive her hand through peoples guts now doesn't she.
Old 2009-12-27, 23:28   Link #35
elyK

I am with the others in thinking that something had to have been up for Priscilla to just kill off Riful and Dauf like that. Maybe something was said? Riful definitely isn't dumb enough to attack Priscilla, I am sure Dauf has enough intelligence to also not attack her. But hey, I haven't seen the chapter yet and as always, I could be wrong. If in fact Priscilla and the destroyer do fight (it would seem kind of awkward that Priscilla is fighting a sky scraper); I wonder if the destroyer has a more humanoid form or at least a smaller form more fit for fighting. I have a hunch though that Priscilla would whoop the destroyer pretty badly, I'm throwing it out there...
Old 2009-12-27, 23:41   Link #36
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Awesome chapter, though sad. Prissy is mean.
Old 2009-12-27, 23:49   Link #37
Newhope

Rofl if thats translations right Pris just eat Riful.
Old 2009-12-27, 23:51   Link #38
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
BTW, notice how Clare is drawn without a mouth. Only once before.
Old 2009-12-28, 00:00   Link #39
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Rofl if thats translations right Pris just eat Riful.
Woah....an Abyssal for lunch, that outta fill her up.

Quote:
BTW, notice how Clare is drawn without a mouth. Only once before.
She's flipping out

I guess this it then...next month will be the big moment that's been anticipated since the story began

---

Thanks for the link Folanangel, was about to warn you but....:/

At any rate, it's curious how Priscilla mentioned if Riful and her met before. Just goes to show that even then, she wasn't how she was now.

And ROFLMAO at what angry Dauf said he'd do to Riful, reminds me of what he said to Galatea(except the making fun of you part )
Old 2009-12-28, 00:04   Link #40
Newhope

What's the betting Yagi does a scene switch to something else for a month or two before we get too see Claire getting pounded.
Closed Thread