081 - 090: Great... 12 25.53%
071 - 080: Very Good... 2 4.26%
061 - 070: Good... 9 19.15%
051 - 060: Average... 0 0%
041 - 050: Below Average... 1 2.13%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 2 4.26%
011 - 020: Awful... 1 2.13%
000 - 010: The animators/directors obviously hate you; why else wouldn they produce such drek... 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-08-21, 13:29   Link #41
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
- if Hinata died it would be much harder for us to believe that Naruto does not kill Nagato out of rage at first sight.
Naruto already decided to ignore Jiraiya and Kakashi's death, not to mention the 100s if not 1000s of other deaths, so Hinata dying wouldn't have mattered that much to the eventual discussion (which was influenced by Minato, not Hinata)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
- there would be no shining moments for Sakura, she saved Hinata's life, and we see Gai's team and Sakura chatting about all what happened, some personal stuff there.
But this scene causes us to rage even more considering it involves the neutering of Team Gai in order to boost Naruto's street cred...I would have prefered if Hinata actually died; the scene and character development would have been all the more powerful if she had actually died.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 15:13   Link #42
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Naruto already decided to ignore Jiraiya and Kakashi's death, not to mention the 100s if not 1000s of other deaths, so Hinata dying wouldn't have mattered that much to the eventual discussion (which was influenced by Minato, not Hinata)...

But this scene causes us to rage even more considering it involves the neutering of Team Gai in order to boost Naruto's street cred...I would have prefered if Hinata actually died; the scene and character development would have been all the more powerful if she had actually died.
To be fair, Hinata's "death" was what made Naruto go batshit. Kinda hard to ignore someone saying "I love you" to you for the first time in your life.

But lets not get into pointless discussions, the way Naruto dealt with Nagato was to show that killing isn't the answer and alternate measures can bear greater fruits.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 16:56   Link #43
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Great closure to an amazing arc, now I know Nagato didn't die and everything, but he wasn't really a bad guy, more of a victimized villain, and even so it's not like Naruto "opened his eyes" to what he's done in the past, rather that he managed to gain his trust towards a better future. Damn, Naruto should run for president
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 17:00   Link #44
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I would have prefered if Hinata actually died; the scene and character development would have been all the more powerful if she had actually died.
I think that "character developement" does not need real death, even assumed death have the same effect. For example if it turns out that Naruto's or Sasuke's parents are alive would it change the "character developement" they underwent in the past? What happened to you in the past you can't change it, time cannot be reversed to change back your mental state. So Naruto's "character developement" would not be affected even if Jiraiya was brought back to life.

BTW Hinata's death would ruin her "character developement", since her character would not exist any more
A death and resurrection can also add to the "character developement" of the one who died, take for example Kakashi, sure his soul is now at piece when he thinks about his father.
It's also an interesting situation for all of those Konoha ninjas that either hated or disrespected Naruto, now they must deal with their prejudice and idiocy, sure that triggers some developement on their side.

I can understand your wish for less cliche/conventional story, but not only the death of a lot of main characters can do the job. It would be more interesting if Nagato decided to run away and return in the future for more destruction, in that case konoha people would blame Naruto, now that would be interesting, if Naruto had to even leave the village because of this.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 17:07   Link #45
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think Hinata's confession made room for some romantic development, I mean, Naruto will have to give her an answer, right? It would be good to have a straightforward conversation, even if it ended openly. I also think James just wants Hinata dead so that Hanabi can be the next main branch head and eventually Hokage xD
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 17:20   Link #46
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Great closure to an amazing arc, now I know Nagato didn't die and everything, but he wasn't really a bad guy, more of a victimized villain, and even so it's not like Naruto "opened his eyes" to what he's done in the past, rather that he managed to gain his trust towards a better future. Damn, Naruto should run for president
Defeating/convincing main villain. Managing to bring casualties back from the dead.

Yeah I think they'd vote for Mr.Hokage candidate #1.
Old 2010-08-21, 17:40   Link #47
Uchiha Soul

it is nice how they made Jiraiya the character who changed Nagato rather than naruto's past.
it so hard when you discovered that some one had a faith in you and you let him down, not just that but killed him too .. poor Jiraiya, he will never know that both of his students are the prophecy child.

Uchiha Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 18:23   Link #48
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
@James, Remember: This. Is. Shouneeeen!
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 19:19   Link #49
iBeast

Can't wait until the next arc...It only gets better from here...all the way up until where the manga is at right now where it slows down again.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 19:44   Link #50
Alchemist007
*Author

I have to disagree with that. I suppose that only adds a neutral ground for anime only folk
Old 2010-08-21, 20:26   Link #51
james0246

Quote:
I also think James just wants Hinata dead so that Hanabi can be the next main branch head and eventually Hokage xD
Of course, who wouldn't want the adorable Hanabi over that awful Hinata . And yes, she will be a Kage one day .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 06:59   Link #52
Takashipl

More like wife of Hokage - Konohamaru x Hanabi ftw xD
Anyway, there's one thing bothering me - Konan says something like "If he performs this jutsu at his current chakra level, he'll die". Soooo... why is he rushing it? It would be much more logical to regenerate his chakra, and then do mass ressurect.
I was thinking that maybe there's time limit, but even so he should wait until just before that limit, to improve his chances of surviving and helping Naruto after that.
Whatever, rights of shounen anime are stronger
Takashipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 16:09   Link #53
herculan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashipl View Post
Anyway, there's one thing bothering me - Konan says something like "If he performs this jutsu at his current chakra level, he'll die". Soooo... why is he rushing it? It would be much more logical to regenerate his chakra, and then do mass ressurect.
I was thinking that maybe there's time limit, but even so he should wait until just before that limit, to improve his chances of surviving and helping Naruto after that.

I had the exact same thought and the only excuse I could think of was the one you mentioned aswell. We know there is a time limit between someones death and revival since jiraiya couldnt be revived. But it all seems very unlikely nevertheless, kishi simply needed an excuse to get rid of nagato without naruto having to kill him or having to deal with him further along(nagato not dying).
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 16:01   Link #54
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashipl View Post
cause... if u wait any longer the bodies will start to rot? I mean, you don't want to be brought back with part of your body decaying do you?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 06:30   Link #55
neshru

neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 11:56   Link #56
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Psychologically, this works for both Nagato and Naruto...Naruto is able to draw on just what the pain of war will bring because he's finally experienced it through Nagato, and despite everything that had just transpired before him, still continues on a path to peace...Nagato through Naruto realizes the truth behind Jiraiya's actions and words and the path that Naruto took was supposed to be the path that Nagato himself should have took, brings about a classic redemption through death scenario...

Literally, Nagato always did fancy himself in the deity complex, so this final act is quite fitting... :P
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 15:51   Link #57
Fruits Basket Fan

Quote:
I think Hinata's confession made room for some romantic development, I mean, Naruto will have to give her an answer, right? It would be good to have a straightforward conversation, even if it ended openly. I also think James just wants Hinata dead so that Hanabi can be the next main branch head and eventually Hokage xD
Just because someone confesses does not mean they will love them back when Naruto loves someone else (and that girl loves someone else who does not love ANYBODY and would have killed her)....

That is the way of Naruto pairings.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote