Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-03-21, 22:22   Link #5261
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
I think I did decently!
31 is half wrong. Quatre fired Wing's buster rifle piloting an Aries. Heero piloting a Leo( with the rebels) was about to get owned and Quatre tried to save him and saying they had to go to the Sanc Kingdom. Noin who retrieved Wing Gundam came swooping in and dropped the buster rifle for them to use.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 10:22   Link #5262
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

That quiz was pretty good. Got 25 out of 31 (partly because I've made an effort not to re-watch the series again since last December so I can really enjoy it when I do pick it back up).

Man, I miss GoL...

As for FT, I still maintain the initial back-story involving young Treize, Zechs, the Alliance, etc. was well-done. I had trouble following/staying interested in whatever it devolved into later during the MC timeline but there were still some good plot-pints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingzeroangelofdeath View Post
Hi there again,

I downloaded the remaining chapters for GoL, but chapter 20,21,22,23 couldn't be downloaded because of broken links. Can someone give me the proper links?

My sincere thanks
If those links are broken, I'[m not sure if there are other ones you can try. My internet's down at the moment but when it comes back on, I could send you those chapters if you want.
Old 2013-03-22, 10:24   Link #5263
Wingzeroangelofdeath

@Elo the blue, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 2013-03-22, 13:07   Link #5264
Tendou Souji

Rumor is that we are on hiatus again.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 13:20   Link #5265
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Rumor is that we are on hiatus again.
I just want the Katoki designs, story doesn't matter
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 20:15   Link #5266
gordol
Banned

No FT this month, but GOL is getting more awesome by the month!

Tallgeese gets a brand new Halberd, we're already at broken mask and MD Leos!

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 12:07   Link #5267
susyia

2 months without FT? lame......
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 12:11   Link #5268
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You aren't missing much.
Old 2013-03-24, 14:42   Link #5269
FalsePrime

Glory continues to be amazing, I really wish this had been the Wing we got back in the 90's.

I do have to wonder if Katoki has been the one to suggest the weapons as Tallgeese has continued to get awesome ajustments. The placements of the Pods so they are never out of use, the Tempest Lance, and now the Halberd.

While I love Wing EW, it really seems to be getting left in the dust while every other suit gets better and better as time goes on.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 15:22   Link #5270
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
31 is half wrong. Quatre fired Wing's buster rifle piloting an Aries. Heero piloting a Leo( with the rebels) was about to get owned and Quatre tried to save him and saying they had to go to the Sanc Kingdom. Noin who retrieved Wing Gundam came swooping in and dropped the buster rifle for them to use.
Mmm... Can't recall, haven't watched the series in a few years

Is Deacon gone forever now? Do we not get GotD any longer? I wanna cry now...

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 16:52   Link #5271
rereremo

Quote:
Is it true? Why?
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 18:39   Link #5272
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
No FT this month, but GOL is getting more awesome by the month!

Tallgeese gets a brand new Halberd, we're already at broken mask and MD Leos!
Love the halberd! The new, custom weapons are just one of the subtle reasons I still love GoL.

Quote:
Mmm... Can't recall, haven't watched the series in a few years

He/she's right on Question 31.

Has anyone been in contact with Deac recently?
Old 2013-03-27, 15:19   Link #5273
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Nope. Still around. Just busy with work, that's all.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 21:07   Link #5274
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Deacon lurks like me...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 21:25   Link #5275
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Oh! Cool! Other than work, how has life been for you?

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 14:17   Link #5276
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

So, I read the latest chapter of FT and I must say, I'm miffed at Googlefish because I suspect the parts messed up beyond comprehension are the best ones. Namely, Pagan being badass (which, now that I think about it, totally explains why Relena never had an official bodyguard in the beginning of the series; Pagan is GW's Watari), the scientist shenanigans and the very last part, that takes place in the present and hints that the pilots are about to do a number on their enemies.

The parts that are somewhat comprehensible are all about sappy nonsense. If I wasn't used to it, I probably would have facepalm'd my head off my shoulders.

So Sabrina and Eric bite the dust because someone decided to rig their limousine with a bomb. That someone happens to be the Alliance dude who got owned by the pumpkin tanks and the meowing MA in Cinq. Apparently, the man is a very sore loser.

As predicted, upon hearing the news, Katrina makes the decision to return to Cinq to govern the country, because a baby obviously can't do it, and ends up being down in the dumps due to it. One would think it'd be because of the enormous burden she'll have to carry (which actually is part of it). But no, the far more important reason is that (hold onto your hats) the Cinq kingdom has the tradition that its monarchs can't remarry. Which means that poor Katrina can never be with her one true love Heero (at least officially), because "Katrina Peacecraft" already married Eric Shergold. Oh, the drama!

And I am sitting here, chuckling quietly into my bowl of cereal, because this reason is totally legit, since it's a universally known fact that traditions are never changed. Ever. Which is why we still chop off people's hands when they steal something. Yeah.

So anyway, Katrina apparently wants to make her last moments with her former teacher count and goes to meet him on the hull of whatever the heck they're traveling in (Sherwood cruiser or something), since he's doing repairs there. Cue romantic palaver with a dash of philosophy. Or maybe it's the other way around. Can't tell.

Well, whatever it is they're talking about, in the end they start reminiscing about the good ol' times, like the two of them dancing in the garden and Heero decides it's a great idea to download some classical music to start playing in their helmets to dance to, even though in the beginning of the same paragraph it is said that just working outside on the hull is highly risky and can get you killed. Yeah...
So they switch off their magnetic boots (because who needs safety?) and Katrina, being annoyed that they can't spin with their safety cables attached to them, severs those as well (because who needs common sense and self-preservation?) and they start merrily waltzing off into space.

And I'm laughing my head off, because the song they dance to is the Blue Danube and the first thing I associate with the Blue Danube and spacesuits is Homer Simpson eating a bunch of chips. Though even if that image wasn't stuck in my head, I'd still crack up because I can't imagine "dancing" in zero gravity not to look anything short of ridiculous.

Then again, so is singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" during battle, but sure, if series like Digimon can have battle songs, why not Katrina, too? And yes, she does it again this chapter (for the billionth time ) when the Alliance attacks them as she is descending to Earth. Interestingly enough, Sumizawa uses (European) football to explain the battle strategy of getting Katrina past the Alliance to Earth (who btw uses something called Aquarius and Libra?). Anyway, she gets away, becomes Queen and greets her niece with "Hi, I'm your new mom," whereas Heero and Marticus are talking about Casablanca ...for some reason.

The one interesting thing I gleaned from the chapter is that (I believe) Katrina took Wyvern with her, which she then would logically store somewhere in Cinq. Imagine that. It might explain how Sam ended up in Preventer 5 and/or in the hands of Dixneuf.
Or she shipped it off to Mars, who knows. Everything seems to end up there anyway.

So, do I think this is the last we'll see of the flashbacks? Hard to tell. If Sumizawa plans on springing any illegitimate progeny on us, probs not. And I guess he can also go through Marticus and Katrina 2.0 hooking up. And we all know he wants to, if the past three years are any indication. As for Heero, his story seems pretty complete. Though how the scientists ended up working for OZ would be interesting, if somewhat irrelevant to the Mars timeline. Then again, that hasn't stopped Sumizawa before, has it?

EDIT: Well, look at that. The Alliance officers to attack the Merry Men were Million Liddell-Hart, the (later) general who would screw up the Marius plant battle, so that Treize's group would have to come in and clean up after him in AC 186 Summer, and Clarence Septem, Gwinter's grandpa (the bald old guy in episode 22).

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2013-04-10 at 15:14.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 16:17   Link #5277
susyia

Yeah.... so the end must be really horrible be prepared
Old 2013-04-10, 18:57   Link #5278
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Yeah, the flashbacks are nonsense. But I'm changing my opinion about the MC story. FT might not be that horrible, after all.

I was trying to make heads and tails of the last part of the most recent chapter, when I noticed that I hadn't read chapter 19 yet. And chapter 19 is really cool, because there are absolutely no flashbacks!

As for its content, Heero, Trowa and Catherine were captured by Naina and co., so those left were Duo in Warlock, Phobos in Sheherazade and Quatre (or Professor W, if you will) in Snow White. They're hiding from the Peacecraft twins, with Quatre using his Space Heart to determine where they are, and as they do so, the twins' side (I think they were the Mars Feds? correct me if I'm wrong) gets attacked by holo!Zechs' side (Lanagrin, if I'm not mistaken).
All in all, 60 Mars Suits (likely Virgos, the translation calls them "Burge") charge them and it's up to Naina, Mille and Quatrine in the Queen, Jack and King suits to fend them off. So the battle begins and what do Duo, Phobos and Quatre do? Grab some popcorn and watch from a safe distance of course!

Well, actually they're trying to decide whether they should wait for the Virgos to wipe them out to rescue Heero (and probs kill Relena afterwards) or to help them defend the pacifistic *coughyeahrightcough* Mars Federation, which makes Quatre babble about how being a pacifist in the GW universe sucks, because your country always gets burned to a crisp. First time was with King Peacecraft, then with Relena and again now. Guy has a point.
So they continue to wax philosophical (this chap is in Duo Jr. POV btw), while the hopelessly outnumbered Peacecrafts + Winner struggle with the Virgos, because their new planet defensers seem to be a royal pain in the neck. From what I gather, they are already in the ropes when they manage to decrease the number to 50.

This of course prompts Phobos and Quatre to decide to pull a big damn heroes moment, with Duo getting dragged along because democracy is awesome and he got outvoted lol. So the big bad wolf in the devil suit and the storytelling belly dancer swoop in to kick Virgo butt; Naina is grateful Duo is backing her up, while Quatrine and Phobos give us a nod to Trowa's EZ, with Quatrine going "I won't thank you" and Phobos responding "Don't worry, I didn't expect you to."

Apparently, the tides have turned but Quatre, who's chilling on the sidelines, still decides to go for the overkill and politely asks the guys to gtfo of the water they're in (apparently they're fighting in a lake) because he's about to use Snow White's white dwarf (meaning, he readies a crossbow to be shot). Just as the last of his allies get away from the water, he shoots a white arrow into the lake where the Virgos are gathered and turns the whole murky, dark lake into pure white.
I'm not sure what he did exactly, but there was a "powerful plasma discharge" that pretty much f***d up the remaining 20 Virgos, winning the battle and giving Jr. a healthy dose of fear for the blond professor for using such dangerous weaponry. Duo also thinks this was a "last resort" kind of weapon, but Quatre informs him that there's better stuff still. Yay.
With the MDs trashed, the Lanagrin folks retreat but not before sending a message. Turns out Quatrine's old friend Stella is part of the baddies now (lolwhut), as she tells them, or rather Quatrine, that next time they won't be so lenient.

All who are left now are Generation Xerox and Quatre, so what is the logical thing to do for our heroes? Surrender of course. Jr. busts a cap, but in the end goes along with it because democracy is awesome and he got outvoted again. That and he swears everybody is out to jerk him around. Quatre tells him that he wants to rescue their captured allies but something is seriously wrong with that statement, because not only are the handcuffs they put Jr., Phobos and Quatre in a joke, they bring them to a room where Trowa and Catherine are calmly having a nice, big breakfast. With silverware and everything.
Trowa even goes "You're late," while Catherine jokes to Phobos about having bananas for him (which makes the brat smile). So yeah, Jr. being put off by this very odd treatment of prisoners is understandable. It gets even weirder when they ask about Heero, and Trowa, who's stuffing his face with a croissant, nods to a chair, which swivels around to reveal Heero watching flashback nonsense on his holo glasses.

To make it a full-blown party, Relena waltzes into the room with a cup of tea for Heero (since throwing tea parties seems to be all that gal is doing nowadays). I think Relena more or less asks him to kill her, but Heero hesitates and says he'll do it after she watches the Peacecraft files herself ("Seriously, there are like a gazillion clones of you! One of them is even piloting a meowing fighter jet. You gotta see this!"). Ahem.
So she puts on the glasses, cue space waltz, blablablah, we skip to the end of chapter 21 where Relena decides it's not the time for Heero to kill her yet (I wonder when the time will come that they decide to do something against the nano machines instead of trying to off their trigger).

Just then they receive a message from a severely wounded Cyrene that Lanagrin is bringing out the big guns, aka Babel, and holo!Zechs shows his ugly mug on screen to demand that they hand over Queen Relena. He gets the proverbial bird flipped in response and Heero asks Quatre if Snow White is ready to use <insert weapon name>. Quatre affirms but tells him he didn't expect to whip that weapon out so soon. The chapter ends with Jr. having no idea what they're talking about and being pissed that no one ever tells him stuff.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 08:49   Link #5279
susyia

hum.. translated correctly is not so bad....
Old 2013-04-11, 17:52   Link #5280
Wingzeroangelofdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Well, whatever it is they're talking about, in the end they start reminiscing about the good ol' times, like the two of them dancing in the garden and Heero decides it's a great idea to download some classical music to start playing in their helmets to dance to, even though in the beginning of the same paragraph it is said that just working outside on the hull is highly risky and can get you killed. Yeah...
So they switch off their magnetic boots (because who needs safety?) and Katrina, being annoyed that they can't spin with their safety cables attached to them, severs those as well (because who needs common sense and self-preservation?) and they start merrily waltzing off into space.

And I'm laughing my head off, because the song they dance to is the Blue Danube and the first thing I associate with the Blue Danube and spacesuits is Homer Simpson eating a bunch of chips. Though even if that image wasn't stuck in my head, I'd still crack up because I can't imagine "dancing" in zero gravity not to look anything short of ridiculous.
That dance must have been this picture:

and @Ikuze, where did you find those chapters? Were they english or did you translated them? Thanks anyways, was just going to post here 'whatsup with FT' lol.

From you last post, let me get this clear, so when Duo jr and company were taken in, were trowa and catherine there all the time? Because they were having some food and stuff? Don't get it lol :P sorry

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing