AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-03, 14:26   Link #81
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
There's two more OVAs that have yet to see the light of day.
Old 2006-11-19, 04:26   Link #82
suki4anime
eat, sleep, watch anime!

NOoooooooo!!~

One of the best series of all time should not end like this. k and Bel-chan need atleast a real confession and kiss scene to satisfy our needs, and only then should the season end. As things stand now im pretty pissed. and frustrated.
Old 2006-11-26, 23:22   Link #83
SailorMoon4ever

I finally finished watching this series ...and was very unhappy with episode 22 being the last one ..really hope they go for a season 3.
Old 2006-11-29, 01:29   Link #84
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Oh I hope this show did well and they pick up a 3rd season. I just finished watching all the episodes. It follows the manga fairly well. Probably won't happen until next fall though.

Edit: They better make a 3rd season or I'm gonna be super pissed

Last edited by kikko_s; 2006-11-29 at 11:27.
Old 2006-12-02, 15:38   Link #85
Rall)eon117X
Lightning Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s View Post
Oh I hope this show did well and they pick up a 3rd season. I just finished watching all the episodes. It follows the manga fairly well. Probably won't happen until next fall though.

Edit: They better make a 3rd season or I'm gonna be super pissed
I agree. And they better make it quickly too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
What should happen:

Keep in mind I'm not a reader of the manga.

(1) ...
(2) ...
(3) ...
OR:
Ack.
Somehow i think this series isnt going where we want it to at all..at all....at all...you get it.

1. Definitely agree here. We need to see this happen. He clearly has more intimate times with Urd. And he acts like hes still in an elementary school relationship! How old is Belldandy....21 right? Keiichi is that age too i bet. I know he has a ton of respect for Belldandy to not want to rush the relationship, but if she asks you if you want your back washed, say YES for crying out loud! Dont run out like a pansy! She likes you, you like her. There shouldnt be this whole insecurity deal going on!!!

2. and 3. I want both of them to move on as well. Urd is cool and all, trying to get Bel and K1 together, but it's clearly up to them more. This is where i wish K1 and Bel were more forward like in the OAV series. Bel didnt even think twice to kiss K1 when he was under love potion influence. And K1 actually tried to make moves too. And clearly Skuld should just leave the whole picture. Go back to Heaven and meat a 'god' or something. Youre not doing anything for the relationship and you keep ruining it between Bel and K1.

I understand your pain aliensporebomb. The story is lovely...but it's really frustrating. Im going to get so mad to the point where i rewrite the whole thing in novel form soon!!! (im too lazy to do that, but i feel like it the way this whole thing is going).

In regards to Ep 20, (i think) where Bel and K1 were in 'infinite space' land, why didnt they actually kiss there at least? They were all alone! They could have developed their relationship a bit there. Make them talk a bit more, show some more feelings/fluff...but once again...DENIED!!!

Season 3 (if any) better fix all this.
Old 2006-12-02, 22:51   Link #86
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

I don't know if you read the manga or not, but even by now (chapter 218), they're still the same. And they haven't animated close to where the manga is right now.

Spoiler for Manga spoiler:

...but before that, animate everything first!
Old 2006-12-03, 20:56   Link #87
Rall)eon117X
Lightning Alchemist

Quote:
I don't know if you read the manga or not, but even by now (chapter 218), they're still the same. And they haven't animated close to where the manga is right now.

Spoiler for Manga spoiler:

...but before that, animate everything first!
Yeah. I just downloaded the scanlations last night and today, and read from 135 all the way to 218. I cant believe their the same as before...makes me so mad. The OAV and the movie had 1000000000X more relationship/character progress than the manga. What was the author even thinking!? He could have spent less time dragging the whole thing out with no relationship/concrete story progression, and made like an epic series that was filled with lots of original relevant stuff that the real fans/readers/viewers want to see. Heck, i bet we could just rewrite the story in good old novel format and made it really cool than what it took him 20 years to do (which is get nowhere and disappoint the fans).

Or, they could just make a 3rd season with like 25 episodes that wraps the whole thing up and actually has chacter and relationship progression, that doesnt follow the manga. I think i'd like that best.
Old 2006-12-04, 00:28   Link #88
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rall)eon117X View Post
Or, they could just make a 3rd season with like 25 episodes that wraps the whole thing up and actually has chacter and relationship progression, that doesnt follow the manga. I think i'd like that best.
Eh, they can do all that at the end. I really want to see a lot of the manga get animated though. Sometimes stuff is funnier when you see it in action with the sound effects. Regardless of how far Fujishima's stretched it, a lot of it was actually pretty funny.
Old 2006-12-05, 17:43   Link #89
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Well. I read some bits from Fujishima and I get the feeling that due to
his own lack of relationship progress is why we may have this lack of
forward momentum.

People tend to write what they know. And if you don't know about
relationships and how they work, you can only guess.

It's not as far fetched as one might think - I know a guy who just
turned 40 and he's never really had a girlfriend or dated much at
all - I get the feeling that Fujishima might be that kind of person.

I still look forward with hope for the story but sometimes we have
to make it up in our heads maybe.
Old 2006-12-06, 14:17   Link #90
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Ehhh. It's his story he can end it however he wants. Besides, I don't think there are any couples in the entire world that have a relationship anywhere like Bell and K1's. Seriously, there's just no way. But he can definitely think of just some happy ending and have it all be the end of the story.
Old 2006-12-10, 15:04   Link #91
Rall)eon117X
Lightning Alchemist

It's just that i think they might run out of money before the anime concludes...kind of like InuYasha if you know what i mean .
Old 2006-12-10, 18:09   Link #92
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rall)eon117X View Post
It's just that i think they might run out of money before the anime concludes...kind of like InuYasha if you know what i mean .
This makes no sense. For all intensive purposes, Ah! My Goddess the anime is over (aside from the 2 direct to DVD episodes for the last DVD for season 2). It was never announced (as far as I know) of there being a third season, so I don't know where this idea that there would be more episodes produced came from.
Old 2006-12-11, 02:17   Link #93
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756 View Post
This makes no sense. For all intensive purposes, Ah! My Goddess the anime is over (aside from the 2 direct to DVD episodes for the last DVD for season 2). It was never announced (as far as I know) of there being a third season, so I don't know where this idea that there would be more episodes produced came from.
Director just said he wanted to take a break from it for a little while, but expressed interested in continuing another time. The mangaka also wants for as much of it to be animated as possible.
Old 2006-12-11, 10:39   Link #94
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Director just said he wanted to take a break from it for a little while, but expressed interested in continuing another time. The mangaka also wants for as much of it to be animated as possible.
Yeah, back in season 1, the director said he wanted to animate all of the manga, but that didn't mean that there was definitely going to be more back then. Even after he said that, nobody knew that there would be a season 2, until it was announced by the production company. Given the ratings drop from season 1 to 2, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there wasn't a third season. This show is different from Inuyasha because everyone knew that Sunrise would keep pumping out the episodes until they announced that it was over. A!MG was a show that the production company was taking the, "let's see how well it does, and if it does well, we'll make more" type of stance.
Old 2006-12-17, 13:18   Link #95
shakib
DarkWizard

Is there gonna be anymore episodes in season 2?
Old 2006-12-17, 13:24   Link #96
Senovit
Murk Loar
*Graphic Designer

Not in season 2, but there might be more episodes if season 3 comes out.
Old 2006-12-17, 15:45   Link #97
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Not exactly. There will be two more OVA episodes, DVD only, for the season 2.
Old 2006-12-18, 18:10   Link #98
Ninjamasta

If they dont get seasson 3 going anytime soon I will be very pissed off!

Oh well I should just get the mangas instead and wait till the catch up before i start buying dvds.
Old 2006-12-19, 12:08   Link #99
aliensporebomb

I've heard no announcements for season 3, or even anime for next year
except one which is the second season of Higurashi and that was only
yesterday.

My guess? They'll do something. But I imagine how urgently they do this
will be largely based on how dvd sales go.

Currently, the box set of the first season DVDs goes for around $105 USD
at the local Best Buy store.

After having some time to reflect, season two was good - but they spent a
lot of time deviating from the plot to bring up other things.

Which sort of reminds me of season two of School Rumble. And we know
a season three is coming out for that show so perhaps we can infer from
the lack of conclusion here that perhaps there will be something done for
this show eventually.
Old 2007-01-07, 21:46   Link #100
DL22003

this is a bit out of the thread but, anyone has seen a kit model gundam version of belldandy?
Closed Thread