AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-05, 05:20   Link #2001
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
And Yu is flirting with the new girl, again.
Consider her initiated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
If Megidolaon was that strong in game, I would use it everytime! I knew from the spoilers that there is Belzebub in this episode, but I didn't expect that Yu would summon another persona like Abadon/Mot. It's too bad that he didn't summon Alice for Death Arcana
I REALLY want to know what goes in the decision to cast which Persona

So far we have-

Fool: Izanagi
Magician: Pyro Jack
Priestess: High Pixie
Emperor: King Frost
Lovers: Leanan Sidhe
Chariot: Ara Mitama
Hermit: ???
Fortune: ???
Strength: Rakshasas
Hanged Man: Makami
Death: Mot
Temperance: Genbu
Devil: Beelzebub
Tower: Abaddon
Star: ???
Moon: Yamata-no-Orochi
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 05:44   Link #2002
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Beelzebub? Talk about overkill
That's the first time the ultimate persona of an arcana has been summoned, isn't it? They could chosen one that is slightly less ugly

Yu and Kuma turning into old men was very fun. It's pretty cool that it was Kuma who healed them with energy shower, just as some people in this thread predicted. I wish Chise, Yukiko, and Yosuke had contributed something to the fight too. They've been fairly useless lately.
Old 2012-02-05, 07:31   Link #2003
TrueDevil
Not from this world

WTF, Yu must have cheated there is no other explanation he summoned MOTHERFUCKING BEELZEBUB. That sure was an overkill especially with Megidolaon.
Yeah turning Yu and Teddie into old guys was hell funny but it was cool they used energie shower to return them to normal. Everyone who guess that right, gets a cookie.
Oh yeah, it always bothered me but i dont think Naoto is as flat as it seems. Shes the same age as Rise. I think Naoto just bondage herself in order to hide her chest.
TrueDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 07:43   Link #2004
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Fortune Get! Geez, Anime Sukuna-Hikona's larger than the game version. In the game it was like, Tinkerbell-sized.

Also, Black/Ja-aku Frost cameo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
almighty damage are indeed nice on description but solid elemental spells still hurts. A LOT. Yuu was pretty much hax in the battle so I won't be surprised in the next battle if he start using those sever elemental spells.
Bah, if he were truly hax, he wouldn't be using Abbadon for his Tower Persona and that Beelzebub would be immune to everything but Almighty.

Plus, Yuu wasn't even fighting smart in that last battle. Who throws Mudo at a boss to slow them down? C'mon, Narukami, the universe isn't going to make things easy for you by letting you instantly kill the big bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
LOL @ Naoto's bust being bigger than Rise's XD
Like I said earlier, Naoto got compensated for her shortness in other places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
If Megidolaon was that strong in game, I would use it everytime! I knew from the spoilers that there is Belzebub in this episode, but I didn't expect that Yu would summon another persona like Abadon/Mot. It's too bad that he didn't summon Alice for Death Arcana
Agreed on both counts. Alice would have been awesome. Mot's pretty much one of the most boring Death Personae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So far we have-

Fool: Izanagi
Magician: Pyro Jack
Priestess: High Pixie
Emperor: King Frost
Lovers: Leanan Sidhe
Chariot: Ara Mitama
Hermit: ???
Fortune: ???
Strength: Rakshasas
Hanged Man: Makami
Death: Mot
Temperance: Genbu
Devil: Beelzebub
Tower: Abaddon
Star: ???
Moon: Yamata-no-Orochi
You forgot Hermit Arahabaki got summoned this episode too. Also, Fortune better not be Ananta. There's already one snake Persona.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 08:51   Link #2005
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Concur, the almighty spells in persona 3/4 fall into the "inefficient" territory where mana cost is too high to warrant any use. You just use it because, hell, you just wanna nuke the enemy team.

I do hope we get to see God's Hand before this show is up. Or hell, a Galactic Punt. A man can dream.
There's only one reason I can think of to use the almighty spells: the rare monsters from the next dungeon onward who are immune to everything if I'm not mistaken.
Old 2012-02-05, 09:15   Link #2006
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Beelzebub's base level is 81. So that means Yu is at least level 81 because he can only fuse and/or summon personas with base levels that are equal to or less than his current level.
Though with that initial level 30+ summon, it was kinda decided that they were ignoring levels. Also, they appear to have ignored that it's also a special fusion and requires 6 specific personas, of which we only saw Mot (and it doesn't look like it was meant to be fusion error either, which can summon ultimate personas above your level when it goes "wrong" in the best way.)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 11:46   Link #2007
Squire James

Quote:
Concur, the almighty spells in persona 3/4 fall into the "inefficient" territory where mana cost is too high to warrant any use. You just use it because, hell, you just wanna nuke the enemy team.

I do hope we get to see God's Hand before this show is up. Or hell, a Galactic Punt. A man can dream.
The Galactic Punt's target in the anime is more likely to be Youske than some monster inside the TV.

The anime seems to have decided that the characters aren't going to attack the shadows directly, which is somewhat of a shame because some of the best combat visuals in the game involved such attacks. Naoto's critical hit sequence is almost as impressive as the Punt!
Squire James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 12:09   Link #2008
Squire James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
There's only one reason I can think of to use the almighty spells: the rare monsters from the next dungeon onward who are immune to everything if I'm not mistaken.
The game took too many measures to keep almighty spells under control (MP cost much higher, less damage, some monsters resistant to it anyway), to the extent that it wiped out Naoto's usefulness to the party.
Squire James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 12:31   Link #2009
ookamigirl

Really nice action scenes!
Who knew boy detective Naoto had such doubts in himself.
So he's now officially a part of the group.
Nice episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 13:58   Link #2010
zero7090

most of time i use naoto to fill my harem party and Mamudoon/Mahamaon
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 14:14   Link #2011
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire James View Post
The game took too many measures to keep almighty spells under control (MP cost much higher, less damage, some monsters resistant to it anyway), to the extent that it wiped out Naoto's usefulness to the party.
Well, she wasn't THAT useless, because of that one dungeon that had almost every shadow weak against mudo. But otherwise...yea, most useless member of the party.

Edit: I also remembered, she gives you the best christmas present out of all the girls.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2012-02-05 at 14:51.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 14:48   Link #2012
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Well, she wasn't THAT useless, because of that one dungeon that had almost every shadow weak against mudo. But otherwise...yea, most useless member of the party.
I was thinking about that and the corresponding boss with every elemental spell (since Naoto doesn't have elemental weeknesses). Of course you don't really need her there if you max out your social links.
Old 2012-02-05, 17:14   Link #2013
HandofFate

Other than Yu, it seems everyone elses's persona has been pretty useless. They didn't really do much for this battle, or the last one or two, and Yu was just stealing the show.

They need to start getting upgraded soon.
Old 2012-02-05, 18:29   Link #2014
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Going through the episode again, I can't help thinking the reason Yu summoned Beelzebub was because Shadow Naoto called him a 'fly', so this was his way of saying 'screw you back'
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 19:33   Link #2015
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I only just realized why they're putting up Nanako and Dojima's s.links at exactly this point in the series. Way to drive home the point there writers. This isn't going to be pretty.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 20:14   Link #2016
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Other than Yu, it seems everyone elses's persona has been pretty useless. They didn't really do much for this battle, or the last one or two, and Yu was just stealing the show.

They need to start getting upgraded soon.
About the only one that was seriously useful here was Rise. They make a pretty effective combination with Yu able to swap to a variety of Persona and Rise able to predict what kinds of attacks are coming. Plus saved everyone with the evacuation warning regarding Megidolaon .

But yeah talk about overkill with Beelzebub. Apparently Naoto's Shadow really needed to get beaten down .
Old 2012-02-05, 20:58   Link #2017
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Going through the episode again, I can't help thinking the reason Yu summoned Beelzebub was because Shadow Naoto called him a 'fly', so this was his way of saying 'screw you back'
Well Yu was pretty much an insignificant 'fly' when he first came to Inaba back in episode 1. Also could be a reference to juggling Persona and S. Links throughout the episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
About the only one that was seriously useful here was Rise. They make a pretty effective combination with Yu able to swap to a variety of Persona and Rise able to predict what kinds of attacks are coming. Plus saved everyone with the evacuation warning regarding Megidolaon .

But yeah talk about overkill with Beelzebub. Apparently Naoto's Shadow really needed to get beaten down .
Pretty much the ideal pairing since Rise always seem to have a crush on Yu, even if he turned into an old man unlike Kuma and Yosuke. Of course, Yu seems to stay neutral in regards to the girls. Beelzebub is hax at this point (I wouldn't mess with Yu unless he got mind-raped like Shadow Kubo did). He did recently acquire Fortune, so the Persona is anyone's guess.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 21:01   Link #2018
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post

Pretty much the ideal pairing since Rise always seem to have a crush on Yu, even if he turned into an old man unlike Kuma and Yosuke. Of course, Yu seems to stay neutral in regards to the girls. Beelzebub is hax at this point (I wouldn't mess with Yu unless he got mind-raped like Shadow Kubo did). He did recently acquire Fortune, so the Persona is anyone's guess.
Well, Rise's Social Link is Lovers...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 23:16   Link #2019
justsomeguy

Episode 17:
* Dammit, everybody is useless except for Yuu. That's basically the big problem I have with the show.
* Yuu uses Arahabaki of the Hermit Arcana to block the Garu attack, and it doesn't work. Now that I go back and look, it doesn't seem like he has any Personas that are strong to wind.
* Abaddon of the Tower Arcana to block Agi. This Persona nulls fire.
* Mot of the Death Arcana nulls Zio attacks. Yuu also tries Mudoon, but that's useless against bosses.
* Teddie uses Energy Shower. If he were anywhere near Yuu's level, he would have replaced that with Amrita (heals all status effects) instead.
* Yuu Hexagon fuses Beelzebub (lvl 81!), but besides Mot he doesn't have any of the base Personas. Fusions above Triangle have specific ingredients.
* What's that attack Shadow Naoto keeps hitting Takemikazuchi with? I don't recognize it.
* Megidoloan blows the whole dungeon up? Damn... it was nowhere near that level ingame.
* Speaking of Shadow Naoto, in my game it was more susceptible to physical attacks and skills than to magic. Though here it seems nobody could land a hit.
* "You got balls for a girl."

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 00:24   Link #2020
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Episode 17:
* Dammit, everybody is useless except for Yuu. That's basically the big problem I have with the show.
Well, Kanji being inspired and all seems to indicate we'll be seeing some upgrades soon enough.

On another note, I'm rather glad the foreshadowing's a lot stronger than the game's. For the sharp-eyed, at least.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy