Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-23, 05:16   Link #1
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Cat Shit One

My entry and trailer

Soon to come this winter, cute animals with tacticool guns and proper tactics, Cat Shit One. The director describe it as "real and fierce combat by cute and fluffy animals". The studio is looking for investors and this trailer looks quite impressive to hook interest. Slated to be 12 episode series.

ANN

I enjoyed Apocalypse Meow manga and I do hope this will get animated. Looks like dream come true. Almost.

My kinda stuff....my avatar should be a give away for that.
Old 2009-03-23, 12:14   Link #2
sa547
*Author

I also came across a very small mention of CS1 in a big Japanese airsoft mag -- ARMS. Now that there's a possibility of getting it onscreen, this one could get real wicked.
Old 2009-03-23, 13:25   Link #3
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Rofl I don't know what to think of this. Just some really strange elements merged together lol I'll be watching this.
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 13:44   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Looks cute and interesting . As I am already watching Usavich I am going to overdose with cuteness
Old 2009-03-23, 14:34   Link #5
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Pixar with an edge, huh? This actually seems intriguing. And raw. Def raw. I like raw. With furries.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 15:22   Link #6
Same_Shark

I must watch this! I don't usually car for war-related shows, but I have to watch this! Looks cool in too many ways!
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 16:05   Link #7
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Looks cute and interesting . As I am already watching Usavich I am going to overdose with cuteness
For some reason I couldn't find anything cute about the trailer. I kept thinking that if those furballs were drawn human instead, the brutality of the portrayal would have been complete. Are they fighting in Afghanistan? The terrain seems to indicate as such. I think this is intended to be a serious show that is masking it's seriousness by letting furballs duke it out with guns so people will be less disturbed. The recoil of the hand-gun in Paki's hand... that was so freakin' realistic. The sound of the ammo isn't too far off either, but I'm sure fans who has more knowledge in weaponry will know more.

Anyway, I'll look forward to it just because the title has Shit in it. Btw Stormy, is that cat or a racoon that is about to fire his/her rpg?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 16:18   Link #8
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

My god, another one to add to the To-Watch list. This looks pure awesome just because it's so bizarre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
For some reason I couldn't find anything cute about the trailer. I kept thinking that if those furballs were drawn human instead, the brutality of the portrayal would have been complete. Are they fighting in Afghanistan? The terrain seems to indicate as such. I think this is intended to be a serious show that is masking it's seriousness by letting furballs duke it out with guns so people will be less disturbed.
I have to agree, to an extent. usually there is something hidden in everything and this seems plausible. Then again, fiction is fiction, but I see your point.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 17:16   Link #9
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

oh man with a title like that how can you not want to watch this! certainly caught my attention

looks brilliant, as my friend pointed out it reminds him of the BontaKun raid from FMP: Fumoffu

will def be adding this to my "gotta watch list"
Old 2009-03-23, 17:51   Link #10
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
For some reason I couldn't find anything cute about the trailer. I kept thinking that if those furballs were drawn human instead, the brutality of the portrayal would have been complete. Are they fighting in Afghanistan? The terrain seems to indicate as such. I think this is intended to be a serious show that is masking it's seriousness by letting furballs duke it out with guns so people will be less disturbed. The recoil of the hand-gun in Paki's hand... that was so freakin' realistic. The sound of the ammo isn't too far off either, but I'm sure fans who has more knowledge in weaponry will know more.

Anyway, I'll look forward to it just because the title has Shit in it. Btw Stormy, is that cat or a racoon that is about to fire his/her rpg?
On another site, it was noted that the opponents in the trailer are...
Spoiler:

I agree. It is pretty serious stuff being masked by cute animals duking it out. Looking forward to it.
Old 2009-03-23, 18:04   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
On another site, it was noted that the opponents in the trailer are...
Spoiler:
Yeap... that's what I thought as well which lead to the conclusion that the conflict is taking shape in Afghanistan. I hope the producers don't see any roadblock and get enough funding to go forward with this show. The animation featured in the trailer is way over top-notch.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 18:18   Link #12
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I read the manga; was pretty interesting.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 18:29   Link #13
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Interesting name and trailer. It really feels like Metal Gear in a way.
Old 2009-03-23, 18:32   Link #14
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Interesting name and trailer. It really feels like Metal Gear in a way.
That's exactly what I thought. The moment they showed the soldiers in the back of the van, I thought it was going to be EXACTLY like MGS4 opening(which it actually was, minus the MGs).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 19:05   Link #15
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:

I agree with your words, it is a serious work masked with cute animals to create mental dissonance. Again though, it is work of fiction and a lot of effort has invested here so it comes out bizzare but yet strangely interesting.

It is a gopher in my avatar.
Old 2009-03-24, 11:07   Link #16
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

Yes, it's set in Afghanistan.
The original manga was taking place in Vietnam War, and the Vietnamese were portrayed as cats. Hence the title.
Arabians are portrayed as camels, so this really should be changed to Camel Shit One or something.

Ethnic portrayal by animals:
American > Rabbits
Vietnamese > Cats
French > Pigs
Chinese > Panda Bears
Japanese > Apes
Russian > Bears
Korean > Dogs
British > Rats
Australian > Kangaroos or Koala Bears
German > Foxes
Arabians > Camels or Sheeps
Old 2009-03-25, 03:11   Link #17
ACGalaga

Send a message via AIM to ACGalaga
Man, I'm really racking up on the warnings! I can't do anything right on this forum...

Interesting looking anime, btw.
ACGalaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 04:14   Link #18
denice25

It sounds great man...
denice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 23:48   Link #19
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
This quickly won over my "This goes without saying but I want to watch it" list.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 00:19   Link #20
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Thing that came into mind is "These bunnies are after their targets for stealing their easter eggs."

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, animals