AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 14.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 40.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-29, 09:36   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Nanoha, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-07-29, 09:38   Link #2
Nemesis

OOOOOHHHHHHHHH.........boy we are going to have a very emo episode with no action that would be a BBBBIIIGGG waste of time.
Old 2007-07-29, 09:53   Link #3
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
cool off ep after the major failure to defend the base last time :/ im going to enjoy hearing what subaru has to say after that shock ~ ginga~nee

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-29, 09:59   Link #4
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm going to enjoy the other forward's reaction to Subaru being an android, not to mention the explanation of the 'how' and the 'why'. There will be plenty of plot info becomming aparant in this episode.
Old 2007-07-29, 10:04   Link #5
Nemesis

Well good for you guys,but i really couldnt take it.The first 2 seasons had 3 fights between parties.but since this had 26 episodes i expected at least 4 fights including the final boss fight.

Last edited by Nemesis; 2007-07-29 at 10:19. Reason: mistake
Old 2007-07-29, 10:06   Link #6
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The story behind this season is a lot more complicated then the one in A's. If the focuss would be on fighting alone from this point, a lot of questions would remain unanswered.
Old 2007-07-29, 10:08   Link #7
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

If there is no new OP, I'm gonna freak.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-07-29, 10:10   Link #8
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The story behind this season is a lot more complicated then the one in A's. If the focuss would be on fighting alone from this point, a lot of questions would remain unanswered.
True,but still there got be some action.Dont leave Ginga alone in there!
Old 2007-07-29, 10:11   Link #9
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Well good for you guys,but i really couldnt take it.The first 2 seasons had 2 fights between parties.but since this had 26 episodes i expected at least 4 fights including the final boss fight.
Er... at this pace of things, it's almost guarenteed we'll get at least 2 more fights.

We'll definitely get another battle episode or something within 4 episodes time at the very least, and of course, the obligatory final fight.

While there are still plot-elements left unsolved, the build-up is almost complete now with character-based revelations on the good-side of the cast. Once we get some gist on Subaru, all that's really left is Project F-Fate-Elio, Vivio/King/Vessel, LAZ backstory, Jail-Numbers backstory, and if it comes to it, Client. So long as things are balanced between fight scenes and explanatory in-betweens, it seems appropriate. 9 episodes isn't very long, but so long it doesn't pull the slow pace of early StrikerS, it's strong enough to pack in a LOT of things. Take a look at Gurren Lagann for example. Fast pace is FAST.

The biggest worry, really is only the Client. If they want to make Client the final boss with epic proportions (( well developed, solid cast of villains, motives, along with a solid build-up )), it may be worrisome considering how much it's been Jail-Numbers centric and not Client. And I expect Jailism for another 3 to 4 episodes at least, which leaves only 5 more for Client.

That of course, ONLY IF Client is revelant to the StrikerS storyline. Otherwise, it's perfectly acceptable.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-29, 10:12   Link #10
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At least I think we're at a point where a new OP will be alright. Got through the major event of the capturing, and Subaru/Ginga being androids. So now is a fine time to pull that out.

I'm interested myself in seeing how they regroup. Of course I'd like it to be a fairly quick one so they can move forward after the Doctor. But dealing with Subaru's background (for those unaware), Vivio's capture, Rein+Zafira+Shamal+Eisen being injured. Of course I'd love more fights but that will probably have to wait until the next episode.
Old 2007-07-29, 10:17   Link #11
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
True,but still there got be some action.Dont leave Ginga alone in there!
Ginga = plot development. Therefore, episode 18 very well could have Ginga.
Old 2007-07-29, 10:17   Link #12
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I guess it's the end of the silly Limiters yes? The Devil is REBORN!
Old 2007-07-29, 10:20   Link #13
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Now, we may get to see Vivio and Subaru in a glass jar today...
Old 2007-07-29, 10:21   Link #14
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I guess it's the end of the silly Limiters yes? The Devil is REBORN!
If Nanoha manages to get into the action at all.
Old 2007-07-29, 10:26   Link #15
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Er... at this pace of things, it's almost guarenteed we'll get at least 2 more fights.

We'll definitely get another battle episode or something within 4 episodes time at the very least, and of course, the obligatory final fight.

While there are still plot-elements left unsolved, the build-up is almost complete now with character-based revelations on the good-side of the cast. Once we get some gist on Subaru, all that's really left is Project F-Fate-Elio, Vivio/King/Vessel, LAZ backstory, Jail-Numbers backstory, and if it comes to it, Client. So long as things are balanced between fight scenes and explanatory in-betweens, it seems appropriate. 9 episodes isn't very long, but so long it doesn't pull the slow pace of early StrikerS, it's strong enough to pack in a LOT of things. Take a look at Gurren Lagann for example. Fast pace is FAST.

The biggest worry, really is only the Client. If they want to make Client the final boss with epic proportions (( well developed, solid cast of villains, motives, along with a solid build-up )), it may be worrisome considering how much it's been Jail-Numbers centric and not Client. And I expect Jailism for another 3 to 4 episodes at least, which leaves only 5 more for Client.

That of course, ONLY IF Client is revelant to the StrikerS storyline. Otherwise, it's perfectly acceptable.

Hmm maybe a few numbers need to killed off in this ep
Old 2007-07-29, 10:32   Link #16
arkhangelsk

Why? Why do you feel so much like killing them off? I'm just starting to sympathize with them!
Old 2007-07-29, 10:34   Link #17
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Why? Why do you feel so much like killing them off? I'm just starting to sympathize with them!
There simply too many characters.And due to their function and alignment they have to die to maintain the pace of the show.
Old 2007-07-29, 10:45   Link #18
arkhangelsk

Well, there's always offing one of the Wolkenritter. Poor Hayate will be devastated, but the power of the Linker Core can be recovered, bring her up to full SSS, and be the decisive factor which allows for the offing of the final villain of the series. And we'd get that nice "sacrifice" feel.

No, seriously, I'm not for killing anyone, except for Quattro and the Doc. They can off Zest if they have to, but that's it.
Old 2007-07-29, 10:45   Link #19
equinoxcluster

I wonder how Nanoha will be in this episode after learning about Vivio? (I'd hate to be on the wrong end of Nanoha-mama's and Fate-mama's devices)
Old 2007-07-29, 10:45   Link #20
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm sure Nanoha is going to get into the action. At the very least in the coming battles which are going to center about recovering those that have been captured recently.

There are so many numbers no one will notice if you kill a few off anyways. With them being the line of defence to the Doctor they have to go down. Maybe you can get away with a few surviving, but if you unleash the White Devil by kidnapping people then your safety is pretty much toast.