Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-19, 20:41   Link #141
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
That very well may be, but look how Kubo handled the pasts of his other espada. They were 1-2 chapters at most. That's not enough material for an entire arc and I doubt that would change even for Ulquiorra.

As it stands now, Isshin and his past connections have a lot more relevance to the current plot. But even I would be happy if Ulquiorra made a come back somewhere down the road. I can see them all being revived, kind of like how everyone in Konoha was revived after Naruto defeated Pain.
I could see Grimm, Ulquiorra, Halibel, and Stark all living through this. I mean not only were their injuries hardly fatal or convincing enough (for Bleach standards) to guarantee their death, but a lot of them had decent size fanbases too. Plus, I could see the 4 of them having a relatively interesting dynamic going on if they were to ever join up.
Old 2010-08-19, 20:45   Link #142
Gin
*Artist

Ulquiorra's injuries looked pretty fatal to me. If disintegrating into a million pieces of dust isn't fatal, then I don't know what is.
Old 2010-08-19, 20:51   Link #143
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koguma za View Post
Ohh i can guess what Ulq past was. He was the best Detective ever when he was alive and he went by the name of L. He was killed by the one he thought was his friend Light Yagami who was also the same guy L had been looking for to arrest for murdering crimals. when he died he became depressed that he couldnt reveal that light was the killer named Kira and he became a hollow. he became a powerful vl and forgot his past including his suger addiction and joined with aizen

^the above content of this post is pure bulls**t
Yea but really I wish we did learn a liitle about Ulquirra's history as a hollow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Ulquiorra's injuries looked pretty fatal to me. If disintegrating into a million pieces of dust isn't fatal, then I don't know what is.
Maybe but the dust thing doesn't help confirm anything
Old 2010-08-19, 20:54   Link #144
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
There will be 2 more arcs a long one and a short one
Wasn't this supposed to be the short one?
Old 2010-08-19, 20:57   Link #145
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Yea but really I wish we did learn a liitle about Ulquirra's history as a hollow.

Only if youve watched death note and made the comparason between Ulq and L will anyone relise how funny that is. (no ofence if you dont get it. Just look at there pics online and compair)

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506

Last edited by Chiisai Kuma; 2010-08-19 at 20:59. Reason: no ofence
Old 2010-08-19, 21:01   Link #146
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Only if youve watched death note and made the comparason between Ulq and L will anyone relise how funny that is.
Well of course there both super imo
Old 2010-08-19, 21:09   Link #147
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Well of course there both super imo
Lol but just look at there pics it amazing how much they look alike. L could be Ulq. it is a possiblity

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2010-08-19, 21:12   Link #148
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
I know Bleach is (in)famous for not killing people when they obviously should be dead but when the guy who is dying says this:

I can regenerate anything but my internal organs.
"Ichigo blows half his body away"
It may look like I'm regenerating but my organs are now gone.
"Ichigo gets all whiny about not fighting fair and tells Ulq to kick his butt"
Ulq would but then he starts falling apart into dust. Times up.
Sentimental "I think I finally understand" comments and a crying Orihime (seriously, it's like an art form for her at this point).

He's dead. Kaput. Dust in the wind. Long gone. No more. As a doornail. Not coming back.
Old 2010-08-19, 21:20   Link #149
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I know Bleach is (in)famous for not killing people when they obviously should be dead but when the guy who is dying says this:

I can regenerate anything but my internal organs.
"Ichigo blows half his body away"
It may look like I'm regenerating but my organs are now gone.
"Ichigo gets all whiny about not fighting fair and tells Ulq to kick his butt"
Ulq would but then he starts falling apart into dust. Times up.
Sentimental "I think I finally understand" comments and a crying Orihime (seriously, it's like an art form for her at this point).

He's dead. Kaput. Dust in the wind. Long gone. No more. As a doornail. Not coming back.
Okay I don't need a overview of Ulquirra's death that wasn't what I was talking about when I said that doesn't confirm anything. I know he is dead I am talking about the way he died. In the anime Ulquirra's last statement was weird I forgot if it was in the manga, but that statement is part of what made me begin to wonder. This is wait for Bleach movie 4. We might have an explanation for Grimmjow and we might learn something we didn't know about Ulquirra after all Tite is playing a role in that.
Old 2010-08-19, 22:42   Link #150
Langus
Optimus Prime

I wish Kubo had the balls to kill his characters with style like Kishimoto does. I mean, I actually shed a tear when Jiraya died. His death was pretty fucking final. It would be nice if Kubo could do the same - pay tribute to a character and give them a proper death. Have it MEAN something and be final.
Old 2010-08-20, 00:04   Link #151
ESkizzle
Kaizoku Elite Class

Is no one else pissed at the way Ichigo's inner battle was done? Last thing we saw was a fusion of his Hollow and Sword form, and nothing else? What is up with that, I was expecting some groundbreaking shit, like when he finally got control of his hollow powers, the whole King vs The Horse battle.

Personally I am steamed
Old 2010-08-20, 01:17   Link #152
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESkizzle View Post
Is no one else pissed at the way Ichigo's inner battle was done? Last thing we saw was a fusion of his Hollow and Sword form, and nothing else? What is up with that, I was expecting some groundbreaking shit, like when he finally got control of his hollow powers, the whole King vs The Horse battle.

Personally I am steamed
I expect the next chapter will be going into that.
Old 2010-08-20, 01:20   Link #153
Langus
Optimus Prime

Yeah it'll come in a flashback at some point down the road. Frankly I'm not all that interested but it'll be more entertaining than his fight with Ai-chan.
Old 2010-08-20, 01:26   Link #154
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Normally I'd agree with you. But there was there that time when he made his eyeball disintegrate and re-materialize. So if Ulquiorra is somehow able to re-materialize his entire body, I won't be too surprised. His ability to do so however, will be entirely dependent on how powerful his fanbase is.
Old 2010-08-20, 01:27   Link #155
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Can Kubo just end this cliche bore fest already? I do hope the anime makes this series more fast paced and action driven...
Old 2010-08-20, 02:02   Link #156
ShadowSeed
Split of Alignment

I'm just hanging around to see how ridiculous this can get.
I haven't watched/read Bleach seriously in 200 episodes or more.
Old 2010-08-20, 02:21   Link #157
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Maybe there'll be a TBTP arc about the formation of the Espada - we only have the stories of the top 3, with Halibel's not even being manga canon (Yammy might get one when he finally goes down), leaving a lot of room for plot-expansion.

*edit* The number of potential negative chapters is rather large - TBTP 1 ended with -97, and there's also a -15 about Shiro-chan, but the rest's open, including time before Urahara's captaincy - maybe there'll be a large number of past chapters once the main series ends

Last edited by dragonmeister; 2010-08-20 at 02:44.
Old 2010-08-20, 03:01   Link #158
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Okay I don't need a overview of Ulquirra's death that wasn't what I was talking about when I said that doesn't confirm anything. I know he is dead I am talking about the way he died. In the anime Ulquirra's last statement was weird I forgot if it was in the manga, but that statement is part of what made me begin to wonder. This is wait for Bleach movie 4. We might have an explanation for Grimmjow and we might learn something we didn't know about Ulquirra after all Tite is playing a role in that.
I think thus should go to the movie thread,but wtf is with GJ in the movie???
Old 2010-08-20, 03:27   Link #159
TheRime

Quote:
Ohh i can guess what Ulq past was. He was the best Detective ever when he was alive and he went by the name of L. He was killed by the one he thought was his friend Light Yagami who was also the same guy L had been looking for to arrest for murdering crimals. when he died he became depressed that he couldnt reveal that light was the killer named Kira and he became a hollow. he became a powerful vl and forgot his past including his suger addiction and joined with aizen

^the above is pure bulls**t
that would explain his dislike for Shinigami, since it was a Shinigami that dealt the final blow.

But no, the hundreds of fanfics out there clearly states that Ulqui was a boy wizard who had his father's raven locks and his mother's emerald eyes.
Old 2010-08-20, 03:42   Link #160
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESkizzle View Post

Personally I am steamed
What, and take time away from Aizen the most perfect being of all time?
no but seriously, we'll probably get some flashbacks... though they'll be devoid of any suspense...
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread