AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-02-25, 13:46   Link #381
Diamond English

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocapo1 View Post
The previous post clearly stated that BL stories are fantasy and should not be confused with RL. You are the one who seems to believe that anal-happy BL is an accurate portrayal of the lives of real gay men. Sorry to burst your bubble, jack: it's not. Oh, and smurfs aren't real, either.
:
I don't know how to approach your response. Really I don't because you talking about things I didn't mention and obviously haven't read my post. I didn't know how to comment on the part 'I 'highlighted in the previous poster's quote , but I did. All I can say to you and the other poster is please talk about the manga story and its fictional characters all you want,but try to stay away from RL references to make outlandish points. Please......pretty please with sugar on top. Oh and thanks for the real talk concerning the smurfs and kinsey scale.
Diamond English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 10:44   Link #382
neneroi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond English View Post
I don't know how to approach your response. Really I don't because you talking about things I didn't mention and obviously haven't read my post. I didn't know how to comment on the part 'I 'highlighted in the previous poster's quote , but I did. All I can say to you and the other poster is please talk about the manga story and its fictional characters all you want,but try to stay away from RL references to make outlandish points. Please......pretty please with sugar on top. Oh and thanks for the real talk concerning the smurfs and kinsey scale.
Anyone has a clue what this guy is trying to say? It's like he reads only four or five words of every message and then replies with randomly pasted stuff. Like that bit about the Kinsey scale. What is he retorting to? Nobody wrote anything about Nidaime characters and their numbers in the Kinsey scale. O_o Seriously, wtf?
And he talks about smurfs in every post. He's obsessed with smurfs. >_< I don't think they have anything to do with Genshiken, though...

Is he smoking something weird, or just a troll? Come to think of it, I don't recall him ever posting anything in this thread before.

Last edited by neneroi; 2016-03-01 at 23:03.
neneroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 11:08   Link #383
vitocapo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by neneroi View Post
Is he smoking something weird, or just a troll? Come to think of it, I don't recall him ever posting anything in this thread before.
He's either Loopy... http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/loopy.htm

... or Bong. http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/bong.htm

Just ignore him from now on.

----------------------------------------------------------
101 Uses for a Dead Computer -- (part2: Keyboards)
#33: Use them in a karate board-breaking demonstration
(save a tree).
vitocapo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 12:42   Link #384
neneroi

Chaper 121 raw (the original Japanese version) can be found here. Wanna spoilers?

Spoiler:

(If you read the spoilers: yes, I know what you're thinking. I'm the same. Grr!)
neneroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 16:30   Link #385
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by neneroi View Post
(If you read the spoilers: yes, I know what you're thinking. I'm the same. Grr!)
Spoiler for Well, in the preview comment...:
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-02, 23:14   Link #386
kniteowl

Chapter 121 is out and translated guy.

Damn if only Sue only let Madarame reply during the moment. The harem arc would've been over by now. But noooooooo... She had to be noble and give hato a chance. Madarame said he was so moved that his head was swimming. Not sure about that analogy. Is it similar to he was so moved he was almost bought to tears (of happiness)?

Ah well another month to wait. I get the feeling madarame will go take a walk after dinner and maybe get a phone call from Saki to straighten him out; to make a decision.
Old 2016-03-02, 23:43   Link #387
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

I missed the first Genshiken, it were purely an embodiment story of otaku and their hobbies
now it just a gaytrap story about that Hato.
I swear! if i could met Hato in real life i definitely would punch his stupid face.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 07:40   Link #388
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
I missed the first Genshiken, it were purely an embodiment story of otaku and their hobbies
now it just a gaytrap story about that Hato.
I swear! if i could met Hato in real life i definitely would punch his stupid face.
Maybe I don't agree with the way you phrased it, but I totally understand you. I really loved the first Genshiken, and I even enjoyed the second part, but I agree that this harem arc is dragging the the story down, and it's is going for sooooo long that I can't even remember that the story is suppossed to be about Otakus and their hobbies, and not about a not even so good harem show, with tons of yaoi bait (or not, we'll see... even if I find it pretty odd even now)

Madarame worked great as a side character, but he's been in the spotlight too much time (or maybe I just don't care about any of the harem members, I liked Saki all along )

And I guess we will have to cope with it for more time, since even when he choses someone, we will have to deal with all the consecuences before entering a new arc (if there is one)
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 02:02   Link #389
kniteowl

Chapter 18 of spotted flower is out guys

Spoiler for Spotted flower:
Old 2016-03-25, 15:53   Link #390
Eblion77

The raw for chapter 122 is out.

Spoiler for thoughts:

Last edited by Eblion77; 2016-03-25 at 17:15.
Eblion77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-25, 17:41   Link #391
AstroNerdBoy

So...

Spoiler for 122:

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-25, 18:54   Link #392
Eblion77

Ugh...

Spoiler for 122:
Eblion77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-25, 20:09   Link #393
Alhazred

Spoiler for 122:
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 08:09   Link #394
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eblion77 View Post
The raw for chapter 122 is out.

Spoiler for thoughts:
I can only agree with this, this whole Harem arc was pointless and extremely forced.

Keiko didn't even love Madarame and she just reaffirmed this point in this chapter, in the end it was just a competition for her and she's satisfied simply for not having "lost" to the other girls (and boy). The fact that Madarame didn't point out this fact as the main reason not to choose her (seriously could there be a better reason than this?) just shows how his explanations aren't really sensible but just the most politically correct way for him to dismiss them all.

Angela was only slightly more involved than Keiko, at least she genuinely likes Madarame, the problem is that her feelings remain well inside the "like" boundaries and don't really get even close to the "love" domain. She wasn't even planning on having a serious relationship.

Sue's involvement into the Harem just came out of the blue, it seems to me that the author thought there weren't enough girls for the Harem arc and he decided to shoehorn Sue in. There wasn't really a build up to justify her sudden feelings for Madarame, but okay, love does strike suddenly sometimes.
However the way she simply accepted Madarame's explanation is, indeed, insulting. If she really had a crush on him, how can it suddenly vanish like that after such a ridiculous explanation?
I wish he said something like "I'm not really cut for Sue, I don't think we are meant for each other", rather than "She's more fit for Ogiue", it would have been close enough, but decidedly more acceptable.

Hato's case was the only one who had a proper, lengthy build up, and in spite of him being a boy, he's probably the one who was more romantically involved of the whole lot. The problem is that it was mainly one sided. Madarame was sort of attracted to him, specifically to his "feminine" image, but he didn't really show anything close to what he felt for Saki.

Anyway, while Madarame's explanation is rational enough in this case, I don't think it was really up to him to decide whether Hato could handle the problematic relationship or not. This is the sort of "turn down" excuses that fall into the general "you are better off without me" trope.
It sure happens a lot IRL, but I hate that kind of reason. You should let a person decide what it is better for them on their own, rather than applying your own standards and decide it yourself for them.

Granted, Hato later declares that he agrees with Madarame, but I wonder if it wasn't just out of convenience. I doubt he never thought before about the problems that would ensue by being in a relationship with a man. So if he still wanted to try, it means that he believed that there was a least a chance for him to overcome the inevitable issues.
It seems to me that Hato simply decided that there wasn't any chance for that to happen, after Madarame turned him down.

Moreover his statement "I'll never fall in love with a man again" doesn't sound really convincing after for several chapters he repeatedly stated that he would never fall in love with a man, period.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 11:02   Link #395
Ulin

Man I really miss the good ol'days...
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 16:39   Link #396
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Man I really miss the good ol'days...
This!

Just bring Saki back and have the story move to Madarame and Saki getting together, thereby making Spotted Flower canon.

As for the rest of Genshiken, bring back the otaku fun the series used to have rather than the drama of someone crossdressing and questioning their sexuality.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2016-04-29, 10:16   Link #397
kniteowl

Chapter 122 is out.

Well Spring is coming up, so i'm assuming a new year and new semester, potentially new genshiken members, they'll probably have to add more male members with Madarame and Kukichi leaving.

Although there is still time for any of the girls to visit madarame before he leaves ;-P

Lol Madarames reason for Sue is stupid, it makes me wonder if he was speaking in code, like they had a plan before hand where he would answer in a way which meant "yes" to Sue but didnt want the rest of the genshiken cast to know lol.

Sue was quite literally perfect for him, you can't get better then perfect but still get turned down. Maybe he considered moving on with his life more important. Wanting to cut all tied.

Still disappointed, no Sue/Mada. Ah well. Might be time i go read something else instead.
Old 2016-04-29, 11:07   Link #398
AstroNerdBoy

I don't think that Madarame is out. He may not be in the manga for a bit, but I don't think he's gone.

Old 2016-04-30, 17:41   Link #399
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
I don't think that Madarame is out. He may not be in the manga for a bit, but I don't think he's gone.
we will see, the latest cell raw has
Spoiler for 123:

and if the author want to connect Genshiken 2 with SF into one universe, he certainly has to take care of Madarame again later in the story.
Old 2016-06-10, 13:56   Link #400
AstroNerdBoy

Finally got to read the chapter. LOVED it and can't wait to blog about it. It is nice to have a chapter dedicated to the old school style of Genshiken that's just fun for fun's sake.

Tags
seinen