AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 40 38.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 30.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 20.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.95%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.95%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-13, 07:58   Link #201
backbone
Banned

What i still don't understand is, how come Eren was able to find Mikasa and her kidnappers' whereabouts very easily?
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 08:04   Link #202
Forever
Revealing the truth

The animation in the brain suggest that Mikasa gained full control of her body, which she can utilise her muscles to the maximum strengt, that y she is so godlike?

Hmm maybe people eaten by titans might become titans themselves? Then that will be interesteing to see mikasa vs eren the titan....
Old 2013-05-13, 08:28   Link #203
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claym0re View Post
you are facing the reality of life, mature and become someone like the 16yrs old Eren (is he 16?)
Eren, Mikasa and Armin were 15 when they graduated, the titan attack happened the day after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
What i still don't understand is, how come Eren was able to find Mikasa and her kidnappers' whereabouts very easily?
Sometimes a little suspension of disbelief goes a long way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
The animation in the brain suggest that Mikasa gained full control of her body, which she can utilise her muscles to the maximum strengt, that y she is so godlike?
That's what is implied...I mean, if she has full control of her body then she also has perfect control of the 3D gear, her power and maneuverability should skyrocket compared to everyone else as well as her reaction time so she should be able to dance circles around Titans easily.
As we could see this episode she could even outmaneuver and bypass soldiers that were supposed to be "elites" when she managed to reach and kill the Abnormal Titan while the rest were having a hard time catching up with it.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 08:40   Link #204
zRichard

Quote:
Well a rescue mission and a self-defence while you are threated being killed requires two totally different mindsets. I am not sayin what he did was wrong. It just raises a lot more unnecessary questions instead of answering them.
Why are those questions unnecessary? Is it bad that we don't know everything about our late hero? Is it that bad that the story keeps dropping little mysteries like this? Must the show explain everything and spell things out clearly with no room for different interpretations and/or speculation?

I applaud SnK for portraying its characters in a gray light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Hmm maybe people eaten by titans might become titans themselves? Then that will be interesteing to see mikasa vs eren the titan....
The Umbrella Corp theory! Can't wait to see Titan Franz.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-05-13 at 15:14.
zRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 09:05   Link #205
Claym0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRichard View Post
Why are those questions unnecessary? Is it bad that we don't know everything about our late hero? Is it that bad that the story keeps dropping little mysteries like this? Must the show explain everything and spell things out clearly with no room for different interpretations and/or speculation?

I applaud SnK for portraying its characters in a gray light.
In terms of developing the story and the characters its completely irrelevant how Eren became a psychopath/early adult (whatever you want to call it) at an early age of nine. Its not something I would call "mystery". The word that comes into my mind is "distracting".

This episode was about Mikasa and not Eren. He got eaten, chewed, digested and probably shitted out somewhere in the city. In this episode his role was to act as a mediator between Mikasa and the audience and build up our new female protagonist.

Showing us more "mysteries" about an already dead person is totally pointless.
Claym0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 09:08   Link #206
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
In terms of developing the story and the characters its completely irrelevant how Eren became a psychopath/early adult (whatever you want to call it) at an early age of nine. Its not something I would call "mystery". The word that comes into my mind is "distracting".

This episode was about Mikasa and not Eren. He got eaten, chewed, digested and probably shitted out somewhere in the city. In this episode his role was to act as a mediator between Mikasa and the audience and build up our new female protagonist.
Oh yea, thank you for that image...me lunch tastes wonderful now.
Old 2013-05-13, 09:43   Link #207
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRichard View Post
The Umbrella Corp theory! Can't wait to see Titan Franz.
I would play a game like that!
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 11:29   Link #208
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Well a rescue mission and a self-defence while you are threated being killed requires two totally different mindsets. I am not sayin what he did was wrong. It just raises a lot more unnecessary questions instead of answering them.

1. You are threated being killed -> you kill people to stay alive -> you are facing the reality of life, mature and become someone like the 16yrs old Eren (is he 16?)

2. (something happened in your past) -> you go on a "rescue operation" instead of waiting, cold-heartedly stab someone and then go berserk mode -> WTF just happened?

Thats why I say my scenario (both of them captured) would have clarified a lot more things.
None of these are only conditions required kill to a person. There are many reasons kill others sometimes for pragmatic reasons such as in this case. Sure Eren hated those men, but his priority was Mikasa above all else and he can't afford to take it easily against two (really three) people who are stronger than him.

It's also funny enough you bring up survival, but can't see this is pretty much that. Had not Eren approach things the way he did, he likely would have die or be sold off. Those guys are ruthless don't care or need him and have already killed two people. A third body would make no difference to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Not hard, I don't think finding the kidnappers was ever an issue. They cabin most likely wasn't very far from the where Mikasa's family lived and was probably only a temporary residence at best.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-05-13 at 12:11.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 12:28   Link #209
Claym0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
None of these are only conditions required kill to a person. There are many reasons kill others sometimes for pragmatic reasons such as in this case. Sure Eren hated those men, but his priority was Mikasa above all else and he can't afford to take it easily against two (really three) people who stronger than him.

It's also funny enough you bring up survival, but can't see this is pretty much that. Had not Eren approach things the way he did, he likely would have die or be sold off. Those guys are ruthless don't care or need him and have already killed two people. A third body would make no difference to them.
If I understand correcrly you say the situation justifies what he did. I say his age doesn't. We are both right and wrong at the same time cause we weight these matters different.
Claym0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 13:12   Link #210
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Unless an already dead person can still be relevant to the plot retrospectively.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 13:22   Link #211
chaos_animagic

I noticed they said Mikasa was the "last orient"...

So... does this mean everyone else are all Europeans and Mikasa is the only Asian in the entire world?
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 13:32   Link #212
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post

So... does this mean everyone else are all Europeans and Mikasa is the only Asian in the entire world?
Well everyone else has Germanic names and such, so I believe it's safe to assume that.
Then again, this might not be the same world as ours (the location of the walls is odd if it is considering it's size and the German like population)
Old 2013-05-13, 13:46   Link #213
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:

They are probably all meant to have the appearance of Caucasians given the fact that they have all german/english names and the only known oriental has a Japanese sounding one.

They also mentioned that in the past there used to be many different kind of people, which further suggests that not only there aren't many Orientals left, but also Africans, Arabs, Native Americans and so on.

Like Randrak said, however, we aren't quite sure that this is our world, so it may be that it simply mirrors ours, just as it happens in many other fantasy settings. See FMA, for example, where there is a sort of huge oriental nation whose citizens' names are all Chinese sounding and yet it isn't China.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 15:16   Link #214
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

There may be a few others left. It's not like they'd be all that well informed. But yeah, Asians have to be pretty rare.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 15:36   Link #215
SagaraSouske

There are some parallel to be drawn between Eren and Ender Wiggin, specifically regards to how Ender deal with bullies.
Old 2013-05-13, 16:02   Link #216
chaos999

I really liked how this episode focused on Mikasa's past and just a little bit of Armin.I hope he gets some development in the next few episodes and become a much more stronger character than he is now.

4.5/5
chaos999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 20:18   Link #217
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

But the key animation for the series shows the 3 of them (Eren, Armin and Mikasa). The OP also shows Eren killing a Titan and that hasn't happened yet in the series (0:54- 0:57). So it may not be pointless after all.
Old 2013-05-13, 20:28   Link #218
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

So I watched ep 6. In short,

Armin is still a crybaby. It seems Eren is really being digested. (Though the flashback kind of made me think that he may have gone into a frenzy and slashed the titan from the inside then escape through the mouth and went out traveling around the outside world. There he may have met the whole gang of Alibaba, Aladin and Sinbad that he forgot about attacking titans.) Or maybe he's dead for real. But anyways, the real deal of ep 6 is Mikasa. She killed that titan like it was nothing. The one thing that got stuck in my mind was how the titan ran like a girl. That kind of destroyed the terrorizing image the production team tried to build up until now.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 21:52   Link #219
Destined_Fate

Feel bad for Mikasa and what she says at the end. Wait til she finds out what happened to Eren. If that isn't a recipe for a BSOD than I dunno what is.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 21:59   Link #220
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Feel bad for Mikasa and what she says at the end. Wait til she finds out what happened to Eren. If that isn't a recipe for a BSOD than I dunno what is.
Blue Screen of Death?