AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-12, 15:00   Link #1
GriefAngel
"Mood: Apathetic"

Edward Gorey

This might me a bit off-topic but... has anyone ever heard of Edward Gorey? He's a children's illustrated book author known for his macabre sense of humor and his adoration for death and ... well... creepy things! When reading about him on the web I couldn't help make a link between him and "Monster"

And man, some of his stuff is CREEPY!!! Do you think this is actually something good for kids? all the scary stuff in picture-books?!?
Old 2007-06-13, 11:53   Link #2
Tancos
Who?

Although Gorey did illustrate some kid's books, e.g., early John Bellairs titles, his own books were for adults who appreciated black humor.

Some Goreyana:

The Gashleycrumb Tinies

An article on Gorey

A Goreyesque typeface
Old 2007-06-19, 16:47   Link #3
GriefAngel
"Mood: Apathetic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancos View Post
Although Gorey did illustrate some kid's books, e.g., early John Bellairs titles, his own books were for adults who appreciated black humor.
Is that so?!? Hmmm... I'll admit I'm not very well documented about the nature of his work exactly... I've only got a few PDF's of his stuff. But I could have sworn that an Internet page or two, on which I first read about him, clearly stated his stuff was for kids...

My bad, I guess.
Closed Thread