AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-11-21, 17:03   Link #2101
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
You know, that's not a bad idea at all.
yeah for one it'd be definitely cheaper to produce maybe making the price of those pricey dvds go down a little of course it'll be harder to spread as some people are like "omg no way am i ever gonna read while i'm watching tv, reading is so 20th century" but i'd definitely be happier but i'd miss those TL notes you only get in the fansubs

but then again i usually watch a dub to pay attention to everything in the background like facial expressions and such that i'd usually miss while spending time reading the subtitles, that being said it's still so much more enjoyable with the Japanese voices i should take time to learn it :P
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 17:16   Link #2102
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Please remember, though, that the topic for this thread is Shakugan no Shana itself. The old and tired "sub vs. dub" debate is probably best left for another time, another place. (Or, perhaps, no place... )
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 17:54   Link #2103
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Please remember, though, that the topic for this thread is Shakugan no Shana itself. The old and tired "sub vs. dub" debate is probably best left for another time, another place. (Or, perhaps, no place... )
What do you mean old and tired?

And isn't this thread kind of useless now that we actually have our own subforum?
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 17:56   Link #2104
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:

And isn't this thread kind of useless now that we actually have our own subforum?
is the episode 1 discussion thread useless now that it's aired? -_-
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 17:58   Link #2105
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well, I mean that I'm sure we've heard plenty of "dubs suck, subs rule" debates before. At least I know I have... it's one thing to comment on the quality of the dubs of the first season, but I think the idea of a "Sub Only Movement", and the implications of that, is better left for another thread. In other words, I was just trying to say, let's not go too off-topic here.

Quote:
Well, it's intended for general discussion of the first anime season specifically, but I see now that it doesn't say that explicitly. I'll update the thread title to reflect.
Old 2007-11-21, 17:58   Link #2106
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
... uh... maybe?

But seriously, this thread is the generic thread. We've broken down most of the generics into specifics. What is there left?
Old 2007-11-21, 18:04   Link #2107
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Nope -- discussions about episode 1 of the second season still belong in the episode 1 thread, while more general observations on the second season belong in the second season general discussion thread. This thread can be used to discuss anything related to the first season of the anime.
Old 2007-11-21, 18:11   Link #2108
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Nope -- discussions about episode 1 of the second season still belong in the episode 1 thread, while more general observations on the second season belong in the second season general discussion thread. This thread can be used to discuss anything related to the first season of the anime.
actually that was just a rhetorical question.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 19:04   Link #2109
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
actually that was just a rhetorical question.
I can never tell those apart.

But yeah, thanks for clearing things up, new mod.
Old 2007-11-25, 01:11   Link #2110
newby

Send a message via MSN to newby
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Yea, someone should start a Sub Only Movement
yea i agree fully to this statement lol.

you know, in singapore when there is gundam seed destiny the dubs were terrible, and there were subs WITH the dubs. what they say in the dubs are completely different from the subs. i switched to japanese voice immediately since its dual sound lol.
newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 23:51   Link #2111
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Just finished watching in one shot and loved it very much!! I like the ending best where Yuji used his own will to defeat Hecate. My favourite character is Yuji..haha By the way, is the lady with three eyes still with the other twos Belle?

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 00:04   Link #2112
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Just finished watching the anime. Goddamn it was nice. It is guaranteed in my all time top 5 anime list. Besides the outstanding drawing the visual effect, the background music was also quite smoothing and it fits in quite well with the current situation displayed in the anime. I watched finished the whole series in 1 go and I still feel so energized!! I would give it a perfect 10/10. In the anime, I liked Shana and Kazumi.. They are just adorable and they both play quite a vital role in the anime series.

To be honest, this anime have a quite unique introduction. At the starting of the anime, it is already quite heart shattering and I almost cried Indeed quite unique and the plot just catches my attention without even realizing it. But I do have a doubt in mind. Is there any second season where I could see the continuation of this fabulous anime?
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 00:18   Link #2113
Fate lover

I also rate this anime a 10/10 because it follows a very unnatural storyline which captures my heart a lot. The characters are also drawn quite beautifully plus the shading effect is superb.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-26, 09:20   Link #2114
bongky

I am just wondering here...What does Kazumi mean when she declared war against Shana. That meant that there really is a second season, right?
Old 2008-02-26, 09:36   Link #2115
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
I am just wondering here...What does Kazumi mean when she declared war against Shana. That meant that there really is a second season, right?
The second season is almost finished, there are tons of Shakugan no Shana II threads. A bit looking around doesn't hurt.
Toreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 18:15   Link #2116
Fate lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
The second season is almost finished, there are tons of Shakugan no Shana II threads. A bit looking around doesn't hurt.
That is one major nice news, hehe. Can you share with me some threads for downloading it? Thanks

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-26, 18:16   Link #2117
bongky

Thanks a million Toreno. You've lighten up my world as I was quite desperate to find out whether there was a second season or not as I can't wait to see the continuation of this marvelous anime. Just after watching the first few episodes, tears was already flowing down my cheeks as the first few episodes was really heart jerking. The 1st season ended with a quite fabulous settings which leave anime lovers to logged for more of this anime.
Old 2008-02-26, 23:44   Link #2118
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
That is one major nice news, hehe. Can you share with me some threads for downloading it? Thanks
It's here, those are SS-Eclipse group's release.

Edit by mod: That link contains licensed anime, so use this link instead.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-02-27 at 03:17. Reason: Edited link due to licensed anime
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 04:30   Link #2119
Fate lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
It's here, those are SS-Eclipse group's release.

Edit by mod: That link contains licensed anime, so use this link instead.
Thanks for the link. I've heard that season 2 focus more on Yuji, is that correct?

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-27, 08:07   Link #2120
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Thanks a million Toreno. You've lighten up my world as I was quite desperate to find out whether there was a second season or not as I can't wait to see the continuation of this marvelous anime. Just after watching the first few episodes, tears was already flowing down my cheeks as the first few episodes was really heart jerking. The 1st season ended with a quite fabulous settings which leave anime lovers to logged for more of this anime.
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
Thanks for the link. I've heard that season 2 focus more on Yuji, is that correct?
Yep, they focus a lot on Yuji and the Reiji Maigo. Also the pace is a bit slow at the beginning of the series.
Toreno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere