AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-26, 21:42   Link #1041
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually, given the suspicious conditions of the match- having two people on the same side 'fight' each other, I wonder why none of them saw this as rigged from the start.
I'm pretty sure Sagara and the others already knew something was wrong, it's just that nobody is a psychic (Hanbei's off to the battlefield, so no Onmyoudo help to let them see through the trickery haha) to know where it began and how, plus they already obtained their objective although the events leading to it were filled with a foul taste, so even if they want to set things right, it might have been too late.

Plus the ally merchant doesn't seem to be someone who gets easily disheartened at that loss, and he knew his rival was cheating.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 21:45   Link #1042
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Forget rebelling, what if she got robbed ? She might be a General but she's not stab proof.
Well considering that almost every retainer and General that Nobuna has got combat experience and specialize in a type of skill, I say she is highly stab proof. Akechi is probably the most balance among the retainers Nobuna have. Katsuie specialize, well I think it is obvious she specialize in combat. Niwa specialize in Strategy. Akechi is the balance between the two since she is in the Mitsuhide clan which is known for the specialize of the arts (poetry and etc) and are Samurai for generations. Assassinating her isn't easy, it would take someone as a Daimyo or General.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 21:51   Link #1043
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well considering that almost every retainer and General that Nobuna has got combat experience and specialize in a type of skill, I say she is highly stab proof. Akechi is probably the most balance among the retainers Nobuna have. Katsuie specialize, well I think it is obvious she specialize in combat. Niwa specialize in Strategy. Akechi is the balance between the two since she is in the Mitsuhide clan which is known for the specialize of the arts (poetry and etc) and are Samurai for generations. Assassinating her isn't easy, it would take someone as a Daimyo or General.
Yes she can fight, but she's only one person- with that amount of money walking around you're going to have alot of people willing to work together, and not all thugs are stupid. Juubei doesn't have eyes on her back.

Hell they wouldn't even have to fight her- a simple distract and snatch and run into some alley would do...Juubei herself looks like she's on autopilot already...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 21:54   Link #1044
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It looks like she isn't carrying the money at the moment. Nobuna did say get the money to the guy (Forgot his name) who looks like a Cat Fish in the morning. The money is probably in her battle tent or house with guards.
Old 2012-08-26, 21:58   Link #1045
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
But wow, she has to be so dense, what with being consumed with the desire for glory, to not see that her victory was rigged.
Do mind that despite the boobs, lolis, and the comedy we have an actual WAR going on, with people actually fighting and dying, and all the participants have more than just their ideals and reputations on the line. Whether Juubei realized the whole thing was rigged or not, in her view she succeeded in securing funds for her lord and achieved a total victory, and total victory can justify anything in wartime where the stakes are very real and very high. We can criticize her actions on moral grounds but that's a luxury that only the generations that come after a war have.
Old 2012-08-26, 21:59   Link #1046
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It looks like she isn't carrying the money at the moment. Nobuna did say get the money to the guy (Forgot his name) who looks like a Cat Fish in the morning. The money is probably in her battle tent or house with guards.
My bad, for some reason I keep thinking that envelope is the money... Like some medieval bank note I know the Chinese had something like that so I automatically assumed...
Old 2012-08-26, 22:03   Link #1047
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
My bad, for some reason I keep thinking that envelope is the money... Like some medieval bank note I know the Chinese had something like that so I automatically assumed...
The letter is from her mother who is ill, and may be the source for her not realizing what she done. Her mother was the only person she knew at the time who realize her potential and talent, Nobuna became the second. She wanted to prove to Nobuna she was the best asset to her, but forgot many thing that Nobuna values along the way.

As Shinova said, for the war she done the right thing, but morally she done something bad. As well place some doubts on Nobuna who want to achieve peace and prosperity for the United Japan she dreams of. If you were the head of an army and one of your right hand man has a different view of how you want something done, it will cause confusion in the whole army.
Old 2012-08-26, 22:04   Link #1048
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I guess I thought exactly what you just said. Never consider that notes may have not exist back then.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:04   Link #1049
apsody243

Quote:
Whether Juubei realized the whole thing was rigged or not, in her view she succeeded in securing funds for her lord and achieved a total victory, and total victory can justify anything in wartime where the stakes are very real and very high. We can criticize her actions on moral grounds but that's a luxury that only the generations that come after a war have.
Yes but the problem is that its not just us that are criticizing her actions, its the "in world" characters as-well.

Sure the end justifies the means mentality may be appropriate sometimes but in this case it just make her seem petty, this is furthermore complemented by the fact that technically they would have gotten the money regardless of who won since it was Oda faction in both the red and blue teams.

She just wanted to show off and prove her own superiority to everyone, something that she utterly failed to achieve.
apsody243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:18   Link #1050
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Do mind that despite the boobs, lolis, and the comedy we have an actual WAR going on, with people actually fighting and dying, and all the participants have more than just their ideals and reputations on the line. Whether Juubei realized the whole thing was rigged or not, in her view she succeeded in securing funds for her lord and achieved a total victory, and total victory can justify anything in wartime where the stakes are very real and very high. We can criticize her actions on moral grounds but that's a luxury that only the generations that come after a war have.
Hey, chill, just sayan'. I like pointing (obvious) things out. Like, blurting out "Hey, that's sly!" while pointing at the screen.

After all, it's not like she isn't learning.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:31   Link #1051
apsody243

Oh she's learning alright, I just hope that she doesn't back herself into a corner.

She's pushing herself to much "something that quiet a few of the characters tend to do" to achieve and as a result sometimes winds up cutting corners to reach her goals.

Its just that that kind of corner cutting conflicts with Nobuna's way of doing things.
apsody243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:54   Link #1052
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Seen the subbed....

Sagara has just manipulated Japan's history by introducing Mayonaise....

Oh... forgot to mention the elephants.... Hanbei-Chan is sure is smart using fire against them...

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-08-26 at 23:38.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 23:01   Link #1053
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Seen the subbed....

Sagara has just manipulated Japan's history by introducing Mayonaise....
What about Deep fried food?
Old 2012-08-26, 23:16   Link #1054
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Shrimp tempura?
Old 2012-08-26, 23:36   Link #1055
Sakanaka Shouko

I enjoyed the episode despite Akechi's jerkass attitude.
Next episode looks like a more action focused one. Can't wait until next sunday.
Old 2012-08-26, 23:37   Link #1056
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
First pre-fabricated structures and then mayo and fried food. Truly Saru is an innovator... by going back in time and stealing other people ideas.

Also, a gender-swapped Oda Nobunaga judging a cooking contest, now I HAVE seen everything. And before you ask, I have seen a man eat his own head! (South Park/Team America reference)

That said, I think its about time Sagara learns to use a katana, a naginata, a Tanegashima musket or something... Personally, if I were in Saru's place, that would be the first thing I'd do.

Personally I'd go with a Tanegashima with a few custom additions- a bayonet, double barrel, and if possible, rifling. Also, perhaps a pair of custom double barreled versions matchlock pistols. Imagine something like these, but with two barrels and maybe a more "modern"-looking grip. Also, of course, some sort of melee weapon, like a katana.

Also, does anyone know how many episodes this series is? I wonder if they'll make it to the Battle of Nagashino, and of that matter, if it will reveal if Nobuna manages to escape the fate of her real-life counterpart?

Last edited by SPARTAN 119; 2012-08-26 at 23:48.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 23:48   Link #1057
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post

Personally I'd go with a Tanegashima with a few custom additions- a bayonet, double barrel, and if possible, rifling. Also, perhaps a pair of custom double barreled versions matchlock pistols. Imagine something like these, but with two barrels and maybe a more "modern"-looking grip. Also, of course, some sort of melee weapon, like a katana.
For me, a heavy shielded samurai phalanx with guns as support and light lancer cavalry for all out pursuit will make Saru an unbeatable tactician and strategist..!!!

What am I saying Saru (aka. Hideyoshi) has already made himself stand with the great militarist geniuses of the world.
Old 2012-08-27, 00:46   Link #1058
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I had this weird feeling when Sagara told Louise that the future he's from is peaceful with no wars Maybe he's just referring to Japan but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Oh... forgot to mention the elephants.... Hanbei-Chan is sure is smart using fire against them...
Fire works against anything Got a problem? Burn it with fire!
Old 2012-08-27, 06:32   Link #1059
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
That said, I think its about time Sagara learns to use a katana, a naginata, a Tanegashima musket or something... Personally, if I were in Saru's place, that would be the first thing I'd do.
Would using an M16 assault rifle do?

As for the cooking... mayonaise? Really? That stuff is disgusting. How about marinara sauce instead?!

Watching Eps. 8 -- I cannot help but feel as if I had missed something regarding Mitsuhide. As in, where the hell did her attitude come from?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 06:46   Link #1060
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

As for the cooking... mayonaise? Really? That stuff is disgusting. How about marinara sauce instead?!

Mayonnaise is a common condiment for takoyaki. Combined with takoyaki sauce, and flavored with a sprinkling of bonito flakes and dried seaweed, the whole setup is really quite tasty.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen