Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-20, 00:49   Link #1
Xion Valkyrie

Blood and Steel

Series synopsis from baka-updates:
Quote:
The story begins with the eradication of Qing-cheng martial art faction by a group of martial art fanatics from Wudong, whose master and disciples only has one belief – to become the strongest in the world. In order to maintain their supremacy, they take over all the other martial arts group and kill those refuse to yield themselves to them.

Yan Heng, a young swordman in Qing-cheng, was saved by ‘Wudang Hunter' Jing Lie, who also lost his fellows because of Wudong. Being the only remnant of their groups, the two allied and start their journey of revenge.
If you like The Breaker or enjoy Wuxia at all you'll absolutely love this series. The art is fantastic and since the manga is based on a series of light novels from China the writing and pacing is extremely well done too. The fight scenes are undoubtedly the best of the best part of this manga, with a very heavy emphasis on different styles, techniques, theory, etc. Perfect for people who love to have a bit more theory with their fighting mangas.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 16:03   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

By wuxia do you mean the genre of "martial-chivalric fiction"? And by "enjoy the breaker" do you mean the first part?
Old 2012-12-25, 16:16   Link #3
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
By wuxia do you mean the genre of "martial-chivalric fiction"? And by "enjoy the breaker" do you mean the first part?
Yes to both!
Old 2012-12-25, 17:40   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I read as much as I could of it (sadly I'm sick or would just marathon the whole damn thing).

It is indeed as good as you say; if not better.

My only gripe with stories like this, disciple out for [something], is that they take a long arse time to get anywhere; so long I fail to remember any one (in manga format) that ever ended. So I have to ask, has the novels it's based on "finished" or are they ongoing?
Old 2012-12-25, 17:45   Link #5
Xion Valkyrie

Novels are ongoing, but the pace is actually pretty fast. This current arc in the manga will end in a climax that can serve as the halfway point in the story.
Old 2012-12-29, 12:35   Link #6
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Spoiler for 35:
Old 2012-12-29, 20:39   Link #7
Xion Valkyrie

Let's just say there's going to be a REALLY long series of really satisfactory battles and almost everything you want to see happen will happen, and will get you really pumped for the rest of the series.
Old 2012-12-29, 21:15   Link #8
felicitero

It is indeed as good as you say; if not better.
felicitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 06:04   Link #9
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Let's just say there's going to be a REALLY long series of really satisfactory battles and almost everything you want to see happen will happen, and will get you really pumped for the rest of the series.
Good to hear. (Thanks for the thread Xion.)
Old 2014-03-22, 16:27   Link #10
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I'm surprised to see that this manhwa isn't getting much attention here, the art is great and the fights are awesome! Shame the rate of release is a bit slow.

Just read chapter 53, loving the team fight so far although it's a bit hard to follow for me since I have trouble recognizing all the names.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 18:29   Link #11
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The names will get you if you're not used to Chinese naming conventions.

Also, if one has watched a lot of the old skool kung fu movies - they should LOVE this series. I actually practice kung fu and I can say that this guy knows his stuff. Nearly all of the body positions and poses are correct in both form and purpose. Fast paced fights are always hard to illustrate because of the amount of quick movements inside the span of a few seconds and yet he still manages to preserve the feeling of apprehension and speed in this.

There is very little negative to say about this series, if anything at all. It is world-building and you can get a sense that even though we follow the main characters, they are just a very small part of the world that they inhabit and each fight that they participate in is dangerous and potentially life-threatening. They are not 'boring, invincible heroes' - they get cut, they bleed, they can very well die in their next battle.
Old 2015-01-01, 17:42   Link #12
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

What, not love for this series still? or did anyone realize that there was a thread dedicated to it? It's up to Ch. 58 and the fight at the Yin Hua Guan Inn is winding down. Lots of surprises happened. Again, if you're into kung fu tales, READ THIS NOW.
Old 2015-01-01, 18:34   Link #13
ta2666

Too bad in all the time it's been out there is still no translations for the novels. I did manage to find several summaries though.
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote