AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-26, 00:07   Link #1
Kamui4356
Aria Company

[Anime] Episode 16: Lost Thing

Since no one else is starting a thread I might as well... I just saw ep 16. It was pretty good. FMA has really been getting better lately, and this episode was no exception. I really don't see why people are complaining about the story not following the manga exactly if the series is this good.
Edit: Looks like this is long enough for spoiler tags to work, so here's a quick, incomplete summary.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2004-01-26 at 00:19.
Old 2004-01-26, 01:22   Link #2
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

Actually...this episode REALLY bored me...i was hoping winry would come :'( ...And the prevew for the next episode looks really boring as well....to me
Old 2004-01-26, 01:37   Link #3
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Forsaken102 Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken102
I dunno; I thought it was cool. I, personally, haven't found a single one of the FMA episodes boring.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Forsaken102; 2004-01-27 at 09:09.
Old 2004-01-26, 02:24   Link #4
darkwave
Manual Mode

Ep 16 is pretty good, I enjoyed every min of it. Me? Bored? Not with FMA! Cant wait for ep17 by akeep/anbu!
Old 2004-01-26, 03:05   Link #5
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
Actually...this episode REALLY bored me...i was hoping winry would come :'( ...And the prevew for the next episode looks really boring as well....to me
If they follow the manga, here is what should happen in ep 17:
Spoiler:

This episode was horrible filler (after the train left). Boring, did nothing to advance the plot, asked more psychological questions which Ed could not answer... etc... Oh well, this is what we get for Bones and co making a 50 ep anime series out of a manga that only has like 30 chapters.... Also the timeline screwup is definintely a sign of future crap like this. And I wish they would spell Marcoh correctly in the sub. It is written in english on the paper.
Old 2004-01-26, 07:01   Link #6
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
If they follow the manga, here is what should happen in ep 17:
Spoiler:

This episode was horrible filler (after the train left). Boring, did nothing to advance the plot, asked more psychological questions which Ed could not answer... etc...
Well... i thought that this wasn't one of FMAs best episodes but I don't think it was bad either... I'm still wondering about this though, about not advancing the plot...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-26, 07:20   Link #7
YuuOminae
唯我独尊

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
Well... i thought that this wasn't one of FMAs best episodes but I don't think it was bad either... I'm still wondering about this though, about not advancing the plot...

Spoiler:
Manga spoilers up to chapter 31

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-26, 08:41   Link #8
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
I thought it was a good episode, not boring !
But I wonder why
Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-26, 08:41   Link #9
Ralias

Send a message via AIM to Ralias
i dont know why you thought it was boring dark-sun but i liked a whole lot and i think the episodes are getting better as it is going along.
Old 2004-01-26, 08:51   Link #10
Lxyao
X.X

Just keep the Armstrong poses coming
Old 2004-01-26, 09:21   Link #11
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxyao
Just keep the Armstrong poses coming
oh yeah . he loved to do that ... and i love to see him do that
Old 2004-01-26, 09:21   Link #12
Ralias

Send a message via AIM to Ralias
ya armstrong is so awesome with his family passed down technices
Old 2004-01-26, 09:35   Link #13
Pacote-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralias
ya armstrong is so awesome with his family passed down technices
ahuah armstronng appeared in the right time
Old 2004-01-26, 09:36   Link #14
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

I haven't Dled it yet, probably later after my Ragnarok game.

Remember that not all episodes are action packed. As long as they keep the animation style pretty good, that'll be fine with me. No bad/guests animators i hope.

Speaking of bad/low grade animation..hmm...naruto comes to mind. There were a number of episodes that naruto (and his friends) looks really weird.
Anyway, a number of possible reasons were already posted in past threads.

Master Ran
Old 2004-01-26, 14:29   Link #15
Carrackus

Send a message via AIM to Carrackus
i like how the director makes this one end when the music comes on for the first verse and then goes in full. It's one of the best ways i have seen in a while

on that note just about every episode ends like that and its always great
Old 2004-01-26, 14:44   Link #16
Crimson Angel

man that was one of the worst filler eps ever. i hope it's the last that they'll put into this series
Old 2004-01-26, 14:46   Link #17
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Yea, I just saw ep 16 and thought it was pretty good. FMA is an awesome series because there is always something going on, never stops. . Anyhow, good ep. Armstrong owns.
Old 2004-01-26, 15:08   Link #18
kanazuchi

Send a message via AIM to kanazuchi
I dont see what the deal with people getting pissed about filler episodes is all about? The series has to explain some parts, or intrigue the people watching it every once in a while. Unlike Naruto, this series hasn't diminished the quality of animation at all, and the ep 16 was pretty funny also (Ed getting his leg stolen). You people just need to be patient, the show is doing pretty well right now, cant wait to see 17
Old 2004-01-26, 16:10   Link #19
Mcdonalds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrackus
i like how the director makes this one end when the music comes on for the first verse and then goes in full. It's one of the best ways i have seen in a while

on that note just about every episode ends like that and its always great

I definitely agree with you on how they present the music. I also enjoy the way they begin with a bit at the beginning to introduce it before the main theme song. Anyway, with the filler episode, this was definitely not one of the better ones, even compared to the other filler episodes. However, i do not mind them and i do enjoy them; particularly later on as i think it helps to individualise and characterise the characters. Even though it was a filler episode, i did enjoy it and enjoy the FMA filler episodes much more than other filler episodes in other anime that i have seen
Old 2004-01-26, 16:28   Link #20
Joe Dalton

ep 16 was great. as far as not advancing plotlines go........... I wish to destroy people like you that are unable to grasp that story does not make an anime stand alone. its the advanced storylines of the characters themselves that make an anime special.
In this episode armstrong and the brothers learned about eachother edward had a conversation where he could take his own life into perspective and they got the news about scar killing nina giving edward the fuel he needed to fight scar. He felt sadnes for scar's past now he feels hate towards him after this episode allot of the characters changed a bit....... anyone unable to get past the fact they may not have read this in the manga should just not talk about it. Remember freedom of speach is not everywhere so I will just drag you of to a country that does not have that in its constitution and slap you silly.
Sorry but people that constantly bitch and moan about an anime not being exactly how they want or not following the manga to the letter piss me off those childish brats should really have been slapped once in a while groing up maybe they would have actualy gotten a personality instead of being some idiot that can only complain about stuff not being how they like it.
Get over yourself punks allot of people enjoy these shows because of the way they make it and since you lack the imagination to make anything that could even rival pokemon pls just shut up
Closed Thread