AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-04-28, 21:15   Link #30141
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

1024 kW (=~1 MW) would be the same output as modern main battle tank, more or less, but we're talking about engine THE size of a tank itself.

Problem is, we knew GN Drive is near indestructible, probably owes to heavy structure and shielding. Furthermore, we all knew that creation of antimatter is NOT easy (we're talking about a perpetual motion engine that accelerate proton decay here), probably, even super advanced technology of GN Drive couldn't produce more than that output.

They're more concerned about 'unlimited endurance' than 'super massive output', besides, pixie dust already solved power discrepancy.

Oddly, I can relate this to I.S. core, though I.S. core probably has far superior power density than that.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-04-28 at 21:28.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 21:18   Link #30142
Eratas123

Morning everyone
Old 2012-04-28, 21:31   Link #30143
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Morning =.=
Old 2012-04-28, 21:32   Link #30144
Eratas123

What's with the =.= face?
Old 2012-04-28, 21:34   Link #30145
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Headache, sleepiness, constantly sneezing etc.

And the fact I can't write anything properly in this condition ._.
Old 2012-04-28, 21:38   Link #30146
Eratas123

Playing fallout right now Still boggles my mind that peope would side with the faction that makes people slaves, turns anyone who's not a healthy male into a slave or sex slave, routinely crucify's people, and is composed of tribals who seem to love burning things.
Old 2012-04-28, 21:40   Link #30147
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ I don't want to be 100 km near that kind of faction for sure.
Old 2012-04-28, 21:44   Link #30148
demino_hellsin
That one guy

IS don't seem to be producing that much power... well I guess the anti-grav would guzzle quite a bit and just about breaks even with the power generation... But I don't quite think it's that high output.

also, apparently anti-matter has an average of 180 terra-joules per gram ratio. Since monopole engine involves pair annihilation I can only imagine you'd be liberating all 180 terrajoules which makes me wonder how long does the process take if it only produces 1024kW. I would have clocked it at least 10MW
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 21:52   Link #30149
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Beam cannon, nuff said.

An it's implied that their propulsion runs purely on electrical power.

Whereas the output of the core is NOT enough to supply everything, we all knew it can charge I.S. capacitor fully in several minutes (Such as how some of the harem members taken down and recover during Gospel battle).

Furthermore, it can easily convert material into data and vice versa, something that should take massive amount of energy if done conventionally.

As for the output, I can't say anything, that was stated on the manual and I just trying to rationalize it. Besides, it could be writer's fault again, don't they know that MPD Thruster require 1 freaking Kilowatts to produce 1 N thrust?
Old 2012-04-28, 22:04   Link #30150
Eratas123

Wonder what the cast's parents are like.
Old 2012-04-28, 22:16   Link #30151
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Them not doing the research = us shattering skulls to make sense of these things... feels just like the good old days
Old 2012-04-28, 22:20   Link #30152
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Them not doing the research = us shattering skulls to make sense of these things... feels just like the good old days
There are times where I feel like dragging Doc Brown into the IS-verse techwank.

"1.21 GIGAWATTS~!?"
Old 2012-04-28, 22:27   Link #30153
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's even worse..... nuclear reactor don't work like that

All in all, we have to do some balance. Because we knew humanoid mecha is complex, lumbering target with poor aerodynamic and armor value in real life, there's always somethings we should kick about realism
Old 2012-04-28, 22:34   Link #30154
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
That's even worse..... nuclear reactor don't work like that

All in all, we have to do some balance. Because we knew humanoid mecha is complex, lumbering target with poor aerodynamic and armor value in real life, there's always somethings we should kick about realism
That's the point

At this point, all we can ever get out of canon is simply "the IS Core did it".
Old 2012-04-28, 22:34   Link #30155
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well... to be honest the humanoid mecha was developed for space combat. A fighter in space is inferior because it would rely completely on propulsion. Humanoid units are superior because of AMBAC but in the earth's atmosphere or anywhere else. They need a crapload of mods for them to work and even then they may not be as effective as fighters. That is my analysis.
Old 2012-04-28, 22:48   Link #30156
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ What he said

Hell, you don't even need AMBAC if you have good old Gyroscope, but that's another topic that made some of the so-called fans mad at me.

Back to I.S., I need a design concept for Australian I.S. Outback Screamer, I was thinking about using some kind of Jammer as it's main perks, which reduce the effectiveness of energy barrier and Absolute defense, as well as any kinds of application of those (which includes Yukihira in my fanon). Now I need the listing of main and secondary armament.
Old 2012-04-28, 22:55   Link #30157
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The gyroscope would be pointless because you'd have to incorporate a ton of other thrusters and stabilizers since the gyroscope only reorients the pilot perspective. If you use an external gyroscope to reorient the whole ship then that's pointless because there is no guarantee that the external rings can be treated as stable inertial reference frame.

The advantage of a humanoid unit then is it has both agility, armor and firepower superior to that of a fighter when in space.

When you say Outback Screamer, I can only imagine either A) it makes use of sonic weapons B) the engines are so loud it screams.
Old 2012-04-28, 23:10   Link #30158
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The [Screamer] part are on the weapon itself, it's breaks the integrity of the energy barrier by emitting powerful quantum electromagnetic blast. It can be focused for longer range (flashlight effect), or create a spherical area with much smaller radius.

At close range, it can even interferes with the working system of enemy I.S., furthermore, it provides certain defense against charged particle weapon by destabilizing the containment field.

Whereas Outback Screamer itself are insulated against secondary effect, it's own barrier still weakened to a slightly lesser degree.
Old 2012-04-28, 23:24   Link #30159
Eratas123

How many times can you shoot someone with a trans gun before they OD?
Old 2012-04-28, 23:38   Link #30160
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Depending on the goods used, I think single shot for standard darts used for deers large cats.

and the effect took minutes

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest