Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 14:06   Link #521
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Man, I loved these last 3 episodes. Inuyasha is the best surprise of this season.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 21:51   Link #522
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Good point. All the more reason to drop Kohaku off somewhere. His curse didn't get Rin permanently killed, but why tempt fate ?
Meh, Rin had already died once before Kohaku ever turned up at her side. She's a freakin' cat. Besides - she has a crush on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Man, I loved these last 3 episodes. Inuyasha is the best surprise of this season.
Surprise? God, that makes me feel old!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 01:49   Link #523
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Does anyone know the name of that BGM when Kikyou died?
I'm sure I've heard it in the first season. I remember it in that flashback episode, about Inuyasha and Kikyou's past.

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 02:36   Link #524
Mashed

I think the third ending song Dearest was playing in the background. I don't remember it in the flashback episode though, so I'm not sure if I've got the right song.
Old 2009-12-10, 04:21   Link #525
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed View Post
I think the third ending song Dearest was playing in the background. I don't remember it in the flashback episode though, so I'm not sure if I've got the right song.
You're right.
Old 2009-12-10, 21:29   Link #526
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

With the fourth episode I've felt cheated.

I mean in the first series it took a while or even a long trek for InuYasha to have
Tessaiga leveling up to obtain a new power-up.

In less than half of the episode, Daki was done for and its power was absorbed into Tessaiga turning it into Dragon-Scale mode.

Nevertheless, I was particularly sympathetic at how InuYasha treated Tessaiga with profound kindness and respect. In contrast to Sesshomaru handling of Tenseiga, InuYasha shows a geniune affinity and comradeship for his sword. To him Tessaiga is his partner in combat, and the two fight together to win.

Moving on, Naraku expresses again his malicious interest at how InuYasha will deal with Tessaiga's power-up in order to deal with Moryoumaru.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 11:17   Link #527
OkamiNoKaze

I agree with some of you, Episode 10 seemed liked an episode and half smooshed together. ANd that's one heck of a preview for the next episode, pretty much spoils the whole episode, not to mention the title of it. It bugs me when they do that. I'll still be watching it though
Old 2009-12-11, 12:21   Link #528
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

While episode 10 was less than steller in my opinion, it did have its great moments. I love the comment made by Inuyasha about Kikyo as it really exemplified the pain he is feeling. It was also nice to see some emotion from Kanna this episode.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 01:00   Link #529
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Meh, Rin had already died once before Kohaku ever turned up at her side. She's a freakin' cat. Besides - she has a crush on him.
Maybe so, but I figure with that we can't afford to take any more chances. Until he proves that he can keep those around him from getting killed there should be a restraining order on Kohaku .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
With the fourth episode I've felt cheated.

I mean in the first series it took a while or even a long trek for InuYasha to have
Tessaiga leveling up to obtain a new power-up.

In less than half of the episode, Daki was done for and its power was absorbed into Tessaiga turning it into Dragon-Scale mode.

Nevertheless, I was particularly sympathetic at how InuYasha treated Tessaiga with profound kindness and respect. In contrast to Sesshomaru handling of Tenseiga, InuYasha shows a geniune affinity and comradeship for his sword. To him Tessaiga is his partner in combat, and the two fight together to win.

Moving on, Naraku expresses again his malicious interest at how InuYasha will deal with Tessaiga's power-up in order to deal with Moryoumaru.
In some ways the brother's are pretty similar though. Let's face it early on Inuyasha was hardly treating Tessaiga that well especially before it proved it could be an incredibly powerful weapon. With Sesshomaru he didn't care much about Tenseiga since as far as he knew it wasn't a good weapon. Of course things change over time and Inuyasha built a strong bond with Tessaiga which we can now appreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
While episode 10 was less than steller in my opinion, it did have its great moments. I love the comment made by Inuyasha about Kikyo as it really exemplified the pain he is feeling. It was also nice to see some emotion from Kanna this episode.
I thought it was just nice to see Kanna since it's the first time we've seen her in a long time. She just kinda vanishes to the background.
Old 2009-12-12, 10:16   Link #530
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
I thought it was just nice to see Kanna since it's the first time we've seen her in a long time. She just kinda vanishes to the background.
Agreed. It really has been quite a while since she has ever been "important" to the story.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 11:23   Link #531
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Maybe so, but I figure with that we can't afford to take any more chances. Until he proves that he can keep those around him from getting killed there should be a restraining order on Kohaku .
Well, the Inu-gang is all fine and Kohaku did travel with them for a while on a couple of occasions. He's interesting in that he's really the only character that's been a part of all the major troupes - he's been in the Naraku gang, the Inu gang, The Fluffy gang and with Lady Kikyou - pretty much everyone except for Wolf-boy and his two idiot sidekicks. Honestly, I think Kohaku is trying to do exactly what you're suggesting - he considers himself bad luck and just tries to move himself around to wherever he can do the least damage. Since Sango is the one person he cares about the most, the Inu-pack is the one group he won't stay with for long.
Old 2009-12-12, 19:58   Link #532
GDB

So much for being simul-cast. It's now "every monday", bah.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 02:46   Link #533
EternalDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So much for being simul-cast. It's now "every monday", bah.
I know! I went on hulu and was surprised that there wasn't any new content.

Is this week's episode canceled or something?
EternalDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 05:46   Link #534
xellos2099

Spoiler for scene:
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 15:01   Link #535
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

I really liked Inuyasha anime, but now that Naraku is the only evil character in the picture, it stop being interesting ... where is Kagome and Inuyasha's spark, crush, .... ?

after 9 episode i remember that kagome & inuyasha moment is coming close, i really hope they are going to show that.
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~

Last edited by Kazuma77; 2009-12-13 at 15:41.
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 18:49   Link #536
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The action in episode 5 got me really excited and cheering on for InuYasha.

The sage's training made InuYasha realize to keep himself strengthened in order to keep the bond between Tessaiga and himself. The whole point of the training was for InuYasha to rely on Tessaiga's nature as a sword that slahes and not a sword to absorb youki. Tessaiga was warning to InuYasha not to use it the wrong way.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 18:05   Link #537
GDB

Wow... episode 11. So not only did Viz move it to Monday, thus killing the whole simul-cast thing, but they also screwed up and any time someone isn't talking a subtitle is displayed reading "&1;60;"... talk about a drop in quality.

As for the episode itself...
Spoiler for Episode 11:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 19:59   Link #538
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Thank god the pacing is getting better.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 22:07   Link #539
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep11:
Old 2009-12-15, 23:07   Link #540
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Damn, Naraku is such a despicable bastard. Cowering in his little spidey-hole, getting others to destroy themselves doing his bidding. One of the vilest characters ever to see the manga page.

Tags
adventure, shounen