AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 107 rating
Perfect 10 21 14.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 9.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 14.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 53 37.59%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-31, 21:59   Link #21
Newhope

We thought last months where fake as well...
Old 2010-08-31, 22:13   Link #22
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Well I don't know, I mean claymore zomies sound interesting. But still this spoiler sounds fishy. If it is true then Miria and Isley are a lot alike. Isley's army sent back 2 haunt him as AF, Miria's comrads sent back at her as zombies!
Old 2010-09-01, 00:02   Link #23
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Somehow, I suspect zombies are not out of the question. We already got the Abyss Feeders who act in a zombie-like manner so why not have some that can use other techniques besides "Bite" and "Chew"?
Old 2010-09-01, 06:12   Link #24
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Er, I got some news from baidu saying Miria is dead. Christ!! I don't want to believe this. I still remember how astonished I was when seeing the death of Flora.

:产业 ◆yQongahxCI :2010/09/01(水) 10:51:06 ID:b36x6mc90
ミリア死す

ミリア临终との噂が・・・
今月号见る勇気がないよ。
4日が待ち远しいではなく、怖いになってしまった

OK, I hope it is not true, after all the chapter hasn't come out yet.
Old 2010-09-01, 06:29   Link #25
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Alstreim View Post
Er, I got some news from baidu saying Miria is dead. Christ!! I don't want to believe this. I still remember how astonished I was when seeing the death of Flora.

ミリア死す

ミリア临终との噂が・・・
今月号见る勇気がないよ。
4日が待ち远しいではなく、怖いになってしまった

Dead already? That seems a bit weird. I mean, Yagi didn't even give her a grand going out. I would've thought she'd have lasted at least another chapter even if she was destined to die. As for her dying permanently, thankfully I have a fanfic where that doesn't happen. It helps take the sting out of a possible Miria death for me, even if it still is not what I wanted.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-09-01, 06:32   Link #26
MalakTawus

Whoa!
We go from zombies to Miria's death,this is going better and better,eh?
What would be the next spoiler?That Claire is dead 4ever?

.....sadly Miria's death wouldn't be so strange.....

Quote:
Dead already? That seems a bit weird. I mean, Yagi didn't even give her a grand going out. I would've thought she'd have lasted at least another chapter even if she was destined to die. As for her dying permanently, thankfully I have a fanfic where that doesn't happen. It helps take the sting out of a possible Miria death for me, even if it still is not what I wanted.
I agree with you,but after Isley's death,i'd say that something like that is very Yagi-style.......sadly.......
Old 2010-09-01, 06:40   Link #27
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Quote:
I agree with you,but after Isley's death,i'd say that something like that is very Yagi-style.......sadly.......
Yagi-style is to kill every charater I like: Teresa, Flora, Jean, Isley, and maybe then Miria.
Old 2010-09-01, 06:57   Link #28
Tom Bombadil

Quote:

ミリア死す

ミリア臨终との噂が・・・
今月号见る勇気がないよ。
4日が待ち遠しいではなく、怖いになってしまった

ミリア死す

Maria Dies.

ミリア臨终との噂が・・・

(There is) rumor that Maria is about to die..

今月号见る勇気がないよ。

(I have) no courage to read the chapter of this month (now).

4日が待ち遠しいではなく、怖いになってしまった

The four days' waiting has become scary rather than exciting.

Note:  As a perfectionist, I changed the characters back so we at least we get something correct in Japanese, no guarantee on the translation though. :P

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2010-09-01 at 07:37.
Old 2010-09-01, 07:02   Link #29
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Keep calm, miria dies not that easily.
Old 2010-09-01, 07:10   Link #30
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Quote:
this is posted on a Chinese forum called T.S story, the content of the post is
Quote:
ミリア临终との噂が・・・
今月号见る勇気がないよ。
4日が待ち远しいではなく、怖いになってしまった
So it has time and name on it.

Chinese are seperated into traditional Chinese which is used in HK, Taiwan,etc and simplified Chinese which is used in the mainland. "臨終"is traditional Chinese and "临终"is simplified Chinese. And many characters in Japan are the same in Chinese. "臨" in Japanese is still "临"
Old 2010-09-01, 07:27   Link #31
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
this is posted on a Chinese forum called T.S story, the content of the post is So it has time and name on it.

Chinese are seperated into traditional Chinese which is used in HK, Taiwan,etc and simplified Chinese which is used in the mainland. "臨終"is traditional Chinese and "临终"is simplified Chinese. And many characters in Japan are the same in Chinese. "臨" in Japanese is still "临"
I know. I was just in denial. So I tried to call the spoiler fake because it used simplified characters instead the correct traditional ones a Japanese poster will use. (If you are just copy-and-pasting, will you change the character set?) But it turns out that Baidu or the forum you mentioned convert traditional characters to simplified ones automatically. That's why we get a bastard mixture of Japanese and simplified Chinese.

Edit: By the way, Lynn, I like the poem under your name.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2010-09-01 at 07:42.
Old 2010-09-01, 07:34   Link #32
Arturro

I don't know if this spoiler is real, but Miria death won't surprise me. Actually I'm surprised why not a single ghost died yet (I'm assuming Clare is alive). First - it's time to reduce number of characters, there were too many of them. So far Yagi killed secondary characters, like Isley, Riful, Dauf, twins, etc. Too many characters is bad for storytelling - not enough time to develop each character. Second - ghost became too powerful. As Miria proved in last chapter - she is on no.1 level, as far as we know - Clare is even stronger, Helen and Deneve are strong enough to survive a fight agains AO. Add Miata, 3 strong warriors with ability to manipulate yoki.
I think 7 ghost were strong enough to take pre-pieta organization head on - IMO twins wouldn't be much harder opponent for fab7 than Agatha. So Yagi had two options - increase strength of ghost opponents - what he did (Priscilla, Raciella, ZACS and zombies), or to reduce (kill) ghost strength.

Old 2010-09-01, 07:37   Link #33
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
I know. I was just in denial. So I tried to call the spoiler fake because it used simplified characters instead the correct traditional ones a Japanese poster will use. (If you are just copy-and-pasting, will you change the character set?) But it turns out that Baidu or the forum you mentioned convert traditional characters to simplified ones automatically. That's why we get a bastard mixture of Japanese and simplified Chinese.
Er, yeah, they all convert traditional characters to simplified ones automatically

Another spoiler added right after that post:
ミリアは戦士を杀す気になれないことで苦戦しながら戦ってたら
ナンバー10のラフテラに感覚支配されて敌のことがヒルダに见えるようになる
10は必ず対戦士用の训练を受けた戦士がなるらしい

ミリアは幻のヒルダに会いたかったとかまた一绪に戦おうとか泣いて言いながら斩られていってお わり
煽り
ミリア坠つ…
from 2CH
NO.10 shows up. She can control thought. Then Miria see Hilda(Was her English name Hilda?). Mria cries and then got beat by "Hilda"
The last sentence:ミリア坠つ.
ミリアmeans Miria. However, I don't know how to explain "坠つ". Not a good thing, of course. It can mean both fall and die.
Old 2010-09-01, 07:44   Link #34
Joe_fh

Well to be honest Yagi kills off characters that have served their purpose and have no business being in the manga after that. Their presence would only confuse the reader and stand in the way of plot development. Miria at this point in time has not yet served her purpose completely as a character and while she might die it shouldn't happen that soon. Galatea on the other hand has and while I don't want to see her die if she goes to help Miria she probably will.

Most of the Claymore characters Yagi killed were very minor characters with a few exceptions which were very crucial for the story and were really unavoidable. The Abs die and no one rally cares about those with the exception of Riful and Isley which both served their purpose and considering the difference in power and where the story was going they would only be a hindrance in the future and it would be much harder to get rid of them plot-wise

And again, even if AFs look sort of like zombies they are humans with implanted AB flesh instead of yoma flesh. They have nothing to do with bringing the dead back to life.

Oh and before Miria even gets close to dying she would release her yoki which other characters like Galatea would sense. Also Miria should be able to notice the Destroyer, Prissy and the 3 AOs fighting. Since we haven't reached that point yet it means this side of the story hasn't reached the Clare's side yet time-wise. Miria might be heavily wounded this chapter but she wouldn't die imo because there are many things that need to happen before that (if it ever happens).

To name a few like ths shrimp fight end, Miria releasing yoki, Rubel commenting on that, Galatea noticing the release as well and probably talking about it with someone in Rabona, the Destroyer awakening, Prissy wiping out Alicia and Beth (and Riful which and that point wouldn't release almost any yoki thus it should be assumed she was already killed) The MiBs trump card appears, Miria's initial shock and reaction and so on. Of course the order is probably a bit mixed up but that should all happen before Miria comes close to dying and it's a bit too much for one chapter.

There's also the possibility that I'm completely wrong and Miria is killed by Zombie Flora on the 5th page
Old 2010-09-01, 07:51   Link #35
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Quote:
Oh and before Miria even gets close to dying she would release her yoki which other characters like Galatea would sense. Also Miria should be able to notice the Destroyer, Prissy and the 3 AOs fighting. Since we haven't reached that point yet it means this side of the story hasn't reached the Clare's side yet time-wise. Miria might be heavily wounded this chapter but she wouldn't die imo because there are many things that need to happen before that (if it ever happens).
Er, if Miria dies the way I posted above. She won't have chance to release yoki.
Old 2010-09-01, 07:57   Link #36
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

How come Miria hasn't served her purpose? She vowed to destroy the org. and now she is kicking the org butt in their stronghold. If she dies, that's only natural. She went solo so it happens. Heck Teresa died, why wouldn't Miria

As for the translation of seeing Hilda. That opens a really wide door! We could see Teresa or Priscila v2! If the org reached a way to revive/reproduce old claymores then this could mean alot of problems and frankly I would not like it. Imagine an Evil Teresa! ......NOOOOOOO. I want to keep that army assembled!
Old 2010-09-01, 08:02   Link #37
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
How come Miria hasn't served her purpose? She vowed to destroy the org. and now she is kicking the org butt in their stronghold. If she dies, that's only natural. She went solo so it happens. Heck Teresa died, why wouldn't Miria

As for the translation of seeing Hilda. That opens a really wide door! We could see Teresa or Priscila v2! If the org reached a way to revive/reproduce old claymores then this could mean alot of problems and frankly I would not like it. Imagine an Evil Teresa! ......NOOOOOOO. I want to keep that army assembled!
Sorry, maybe I didn't explain clealy. What Miria see is a fake Hilda that NO.10 puts in Miria's head.Accoring to the spoiler, NO.10 is good at playing tricks on one's mind.
Old 2010-09-01, 08:05   Link #38
Joe_fh

Which won't really make sense. Why and how would someone be able to control someone else's mind? Controlling yoki - ok, reading the finest details to predict a move - that's fine but manipulating ones' mind? That has nothing to do with yoki in the first place. If that was possible that No10 would own everyone by confusing them and making them actually kill themselves.
To me this seems as likely as Zombie Flora using the Wind Cutter and tearing her stitches that sawed her two halfs together

Also I'm still quite positive Miria would have to release her yoki even before she sees the trump card to win against the shrimp twins. Why aren't they even mentioned in these spoilers anyway? It's not like they would simply go poof right?
Old 2010-09-01, 08:10   Link #39
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Well, i can't read japanase but AFAIK in chinise 死 this means death. I wouldn't say it's a fake spoiler but it's too early to kill the leader of ghosts right now. I mean with the chapter of this month, is she being killed by the shrimps casted only 2 chapters???
Old 2010-09-01, 08:23   Link #40
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Oh dear God, what is with all the awesome women I keep reading about putting themselves into dangers that are bound to get them killed? Its like I am back to being 6-years old, watching the Transformers movie and I just saw the death of the original Optimus Prime. C'mon Miria you can pull through. You survived the suicidal Northern Campaign, secluded yourself for 7 years, had an epic intro fight against many of the current Claymores and now you die? Bull****, you still got a job to do.

Tags
claymore, manga