AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2013-07-22, 13:05   Link #21
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
This point I think is critical. There's a huge difference between a single anime series such as say Anohana as opposed to franchises that span multiple series such as the Fate/ series. Treating them the same would be like fitting a round peg in a square hole. There will be trouble, and there is trouble. Otherwise you and others would have never said anything.
Right. Many Anime Suki subforums are fine the way they are.

But I just think this multi-media empire approach is the wave of the immediate future for some of the more popular anime properties. Some series just never end, and their narratives cross over into 3 or more different mediums. This isn't just the big shounen titles like Bleach, One Piece, and Naruto anymore. It's also often not as clear as just one ongoing source material and one ongoing anime series until both come to a clear stopping point, The End. Now we have spinoffs, reboots, prequels, and so on and so forth.

I think it would be highly beneficial for fans of these large, sprawling anime franchises to have a thread where they can discuss the full franchise without fear of getting their post deleted, or getting banned, due to a obscure reference to a minor spoiler in a related work.

I mean, imagine an Anime Suki-style Batman subforum. On that Batman subforum, there's a discussion thread for the animated movie version of The Dark Knight Returns. There's also a thread for "Comparisons between The Dark Knight Returns comic and the Dark Knight Returns animated movie". Ah, but what if somebody wants to make a post talking about what an animated The Dark Knight Strikes Again might look like (since DKSA is a direct sequel to DKR)? You can't really discuss that anywhere - It's considered Off-Topic for the Dark Knight Strikes Again comic thread, and it's considered spoilerrific for the two Dark Knight Returns threads. This sort of situation would drive Batman fans, well, batty.

So let's say the Moderators created a thread for "Speculations on a possible DKSA animated film". Well, its a topic some Batman fans want to talk about, but it takes, oh, two pages. Perhaps it would have been better if that discussion was part of a more generalized thread.

Warner Brothers then comes out with a full-length animated movie adaptation of the Arkham Asylum game. You end up getting two threads for it - "News on the Arkham Asylum movie!" where people aren't allowed to discuss the actual game at all, and a "What do you want to see in the Arkham Asylum movie?" where you can talk about scenes from the game.

Then there's a Batman fan who wants to compare all animated versions of Batman against each other. Then there's a Batman fan who wants to start a thread for "What's your favorite version of The Joker?"

Over time, the Batman subforum gets ridiculously splintered, and fans of the full Batman franchise are often confused on where they can go to talk about a cross-media topic.

I think Anime Suki is going to be facing scenarios like this hypothetical Batman one for the bigger, more sprawling anime franchises unless there's a thread where, well, "Anything Goes".
Old 2013-07-22, 13:56   Link #22
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I'm personally all for this idea. To me, superthreads are both more convenient and more productive than constantly micro-focusing the topics on an episodic or by-chapter basis. It could just be laziness on my part, but I've always found it better to have a single thread to handle discussion of an entire manga or anime, or at least an arc at the minimum, rather than having to constantly go look for a new thread every week.

Take the TAMNI sub-forum, where there's a single thread for the LN. The discussions we have (or at least had, since I haven't posted there in awhile) kept going back and forth for weeks or even months at a time, and topics or posts could keep going and reference each other much more easily. Episodic and chapter threads, by contrast, have a half-life of one week at most. If you want to reference something from one of those threads, you need to go back to a previous thread, grab the quotes, then copypasta it from one text box to another. I also prefer to use the "subscribed threads" feature in my UserCP more than just constantly going into the sub-forums to see if there's a new thread, or an old one updated; that's what subscriptions are supposed to be there for, isn't it? Constantly making new threads just takes away from that convenience and just makes it not worth using.

This suggestion of an "anything goes" thread also appeals to me because of how difficult it is to keep things straight when it comes to spoilers and what information is considered fair game. Having to keep putting things in spoiler tags, and locking out so many other posters who don't want to spoil themselves, prevents a lot of people from participating in discussion, which is what the threads are for to begin with. We've all been there where we say something minor, or something slips, and then we violate the spoiler policy without meaning to, and then the mods have to do cleanup work because there were no spoiler brackets. This idea would, ideally, let us post and discuss without having to go look for the threads specifically set up to accommodate spoiler-filled discussion, which is just another prime example of thread bloat.
Old 2013-07-22, 18:59   Link #23
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I love the Batman analogy, RRR. It's a perfect fit to the issue at hand.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 03:33   Link #24
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I actually agree with the mods on this topic that "anything goes" thread wouldn't work well in the long run. The reason? Because of the trend I observed in the multiple light novel&mang thread(even the index novel thread during "anarchy" times ).

From what I observed, when a thread goes past a certain threshold(around 30 pages usually), people start to get lazy backtracking to check whether a certain topic has been discussed or answered before or not(even if the before is only 4-5 pages away from the latest pages). This usually led to a certain more popular question get asked over and over again(most popular one in harem manga/ln thread is "who's in the harem" and "when will next volume come out". I swear, if I got a dollar every time these two questions are asked, I'll be a rich man by now ) by different poster. This usually led to discussion in said thread going all over the place and get confusing, not to mention the flamebait that will become harder to manage by the mods in cluttered thread like "anything goes" thread.

With that said, I'm not opposed to giving it a try(a scientist first instinct is to make an experiment first from an idea, no matter how absurd the idea sounds ), probably using TAMNI/Railgun subforum as experimental subject. But I can't imagine it will work well though
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 03:41   Link #25
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
That said, in this particular case, we can offer some existing template threads which would cater toward more experienced viewers, like "Episode comparisons to source material", and "Spoilers and speculations for experienced viewers". The entire point of subforums is to give room to series which need it. This sometimes means some threads will get a lot of posts, and some will not. But at least they exist and can be noticed instead of fading into obscurity or overwhelming the original thread topic.
I just want to mention that, in this case, there is a thread Spoiler & Speculation for Experienced Viewers, and also a thread for Discussion for Index Anime Viewers (since not all Railgun viewers have seen Index). There isn't an Episode comparison thread yet, but one could be created if it would be deemed helpful.

I personally think these threads should be sufficient to cover the discussion topic requested. But I think the gist of the disagreement is that certain people don't want to seek out different threads, and they think that either a) they should just be allowed to use spoiler tags to post future event spoilers in the episode threads, or b) there should just be one super thread where "anything goes" so they can post everything there and stop having to think about what can be discussed where. And some of this may partly be from people who don't prefer the thread-splitting that sub-forums were designed to encourage in the first place (so the request is incompatible by design). Some people prefer large threads that move quickly and feel more like a chatroom where there's always something new to discuss, but I generally don't think that's what sites like this were designed to support. (To be honest, it sounds more like the way 2ch/4chan/etc. work.)

I understand Triple_R's analogy that it could get ridiculous when franchises become too overly complex and intermingled, but Railgun really isn't that complicated. Not much more complicated than Fate/Zero, for example, and the way this is being managed was patterned loosely after that. The only thing that makes this particular arc extra odd is that it's an adaptation of content that has already been presented at least three previous times (Index Novel, Index Anime, Railgun Manga) so there's a lot of "meta" content. But this particular arc is just about to come to an end anyway, and then get into content that is either anime-original or based strictly on the manga. So I don't really see the value in rushing into a new "solution" now. And I'll be arrogant enough to say that, other than some people being angry that I've been aggressively pruning spoilers/tangents and maybe not liking some of my topic split decisions (perhaps partly due to not liking topic splits at all), there have been some good discussions in the Railgun sub-forum over the last few months. Trust me, I do take the anger expressed very seriously (and personally) because I don't want to make people unhappy. But I'm also trying to think about the long-term consequences of any change and the overall impact on the way the site is designed and managed.

After thinking about this for the last day, my opinion is that we should not accede to this request directly, but rather take the frustration expressed as continued feedback about the evolving problem of how to keep everyone happy in an environment where there is a huge gulf in knowledge. I still don't think an "anything goes" thread is the right solution; it feels to me only like an reactionary kludge that breaks the design. But I'm not saying that there is no solution at all. I think we just need more time to think about it. And as for Railgun in particular, I think this too will pass. Once this particular arc ends and we go into different content, the tone of discussion will change, and we can see what makes sense at that point. I hope everyone will just be patient and ride it out for now, and meanwhile keep thinking about more ways to solve the problem.
Old 2013-07-23, 07:54   Link #26
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I just want to mention that, in this case, there is a thread Spoiler & Speculation for Experienced Viewers, and also a thread for Discussion for Index Anime Viewers (since not all Railgun viewers have seen Index). There isn't an Episode comparison thread yet, but one could be created if it would be deemed helpful.
The "Spoiler & Speculation for Experienced Viewers" template is good when its primarily about speculation. But what if viewers just want to do straight-up comparisons without speculation as to where the current anime is going to go next? Is the "Spoiler & Speculation for Experienced Viewers" good for that as well?

If so, then it probably should be renamed to reflect how its a good thread to use for cross-media comparisons.

If not, then many long-standing fans will still want a thread for cross-media comparisons. And the larger an IP franchise becomes, the more legitimate and commonplace this desire becomes.

Quote:
I personally think these threads should be sufficient to cover the discussion topic requested. But I think the gist of the disagreement is that certain people don't want to seek out different threads, and they think that either a) they should just be allowed to use spoiler tags to post future event spoilers in the episode threads, or b) there should just be one super thread where "anything goes" so they can post everything there and stop having to think about what can be discussed where.
Some people like the idea of a super thread because as a massive IP franchise grows and grows and grows, two things loom large in the minds of franchise fans:

1) Cross-media comparisons.

2) "Scorecard" work. In other words, discussing what the latest installment in the franchise means for specific characters, specific plotlines, and overall world-building when it comes to the fictional world(s) that this IP franchise takes place in. This requires considering the latest work in the context of everything that came before. For example, with Fate/Zero, how does it change/influence our perception of important characters featured in both it and Fate/Stay Night (which many Fate/Zero viewers are already familiar with of course). Sadly, the Fate/Series subforum has never had anything for this sort of discussion.

I suggested an "Anything Goes" thread because its well-suited for serving both of these topics at once. Cross-media comparisons and "Scorecard" work absolutely require free-flowing discussion potentially involving the entire IP franchise. For example, let me go back to my Batman subforum analogy - If you have a thread for "What is your favorite version of The Joker?", then anything that The Joker has ever appeared in has to be open for discussion.

Now, with "Scorecard" work, a lot of thread-splintering undermines that. With Scorecard work, it's good to have everything in one place in order to keep everything straight. Raildex, Nanoha, and Fate/Series could really benefit from this, imo.

So, honestly, I don't think that existing AS templates (at least given how they're named) effectively serve the discussion aims of long-standing franchise fans for certain massive multi-media anime franchises. Anime Suki definitely needs something new for these particular types of anime properties, imo.

Quote:
I understand Triple_R's analogy that it could get ridiculous when franchises become too overly complex and intermingled, but Railgun really isn't that complicated.
And yet...

Quote:
... it's an adaptation of content that has already been presented at least three previous times (Index Novel, Index Anime, Railgun Manga) so there's a lot of "meta" content.
That sounds rather complicated to me. As a comic book fan, it sounds on par to me with anything faced by a prominent comic book franchise, even including Batman.
Old 2013-07-23, 09:57   Link #27
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I still don't think an "anything goes" thread is the right solution; it feels to me only like an reactionary kludge that breaks the design. But I'm not saying that there is no solution at all.
We're certainly not doing an Anything Goes thread cause it opens up many new problems while trying to appease a very select group of fans. I mean, in this entire thread, Rising Dragon is the only one who actually managed to convey the frustration (to me anyway) toward some of the limitation a few fans face when trying to discuss certain topics. Those few fans also happen to be experienced viewers. Anything goes thread won't resolve anything really other than the possibility of attracting a few fans who are familiar with all the source materials and references.

The core issue here is pretty simple: A good discussion requires variety of audience to participate in it before it can intrigue and/or become interesting. That's pretty much the prime reason why experienced viewers are attracted to these anime-only threads like the weekly episode discussion thread and tend to get entangled in spoilers. It's like telling a story to someone who never heard of it before and telling it to someone who already knows it. The discussion that may stem from those two example will vary significantly and I bet an experienced viewer would enjoy telling something to an audience who has yet to experience the story and in turn may draw a few other experienced viewers who would also enjoy chiming in. Our spoiler policy doesn't allow that. So anytime we are deleting posts for spoilers and such, we are annoying folks like Marcus H cause we are disrupting the flow of whatever discussion they were attracted to that arose from a question, comment, observation from someone who is new to the story.

Would a separate thread accommodating such discussion would remedy it? I don't think so. When a thread is intended for one type of audience (experienced viewers) it's like preaching to the choir. It's not as much fun.

I am not for any threads intended or designated to be a mega-thread when a series has its own sub-forum. If an intended discussion attracts enough interest to turn such thread into a mega one, then I'm okay, but there needs to be an uniformity, a sense of purpose and a topic in mind. Current sub-forum format with the existing templates accomplishes that for most fans from what I can observe.

That said, however, I also believe that a forum is for everyone, so I don't mind trying out new ideas to engage even more fans with particular type of discussion. No one should feel left out. For me, a forum is a success when it attracts many different types of discussion and opinion. So I'm always willing to try out ideas that may open up such possibilities to attract even a larger audience who would not only enjoy watching the show, but discussing it as well from various point of views. Yeah, I'm not on-board with TripleR's idea of that particular thread template, but it is still an idea that can lead to even better ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleR
Cross-media comparisons
This, I think, can work since it can attract all types of audience. The discussion can be given a certain focus to it also depending on how the opening post is written. We will still need one or two active members who would want to inject life into the thread to keep it going between intervals of new information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleR
2) "Scorecard" work. In other words, discussing what the latest installment in the franchise means for specific characters, specific plotlines, and overall world-building when it comes to the fictional world(s) that this IP franchise takes place in. This requires considering the latest work in the context of everything that came before.
This thread, I can tell you, will kick the can fairly quickly as it is way too general even though at first it seems there is a lot to talk about. As I've come to notice over the years, people tend not to reuse threads that lack focus. For example, if this thread exist, and there is also a Source Material thread (Novel/game etc), and a Spoiler thread along with character discussion threads and etc... Scorecard thread won't see a continuous flow of posts just because people already have said their piece in some of those other threads. I am also not dismissing the idea, but just making an observation based on my own experience in this forum.

Anyway, keep these ideas coming. Now that the initial burst of emotion has passed, this discussion is actually quite objective........., so yes, keep it coming.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 11:16   Link #28
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Something I don't get is why people use spoilers as their base points. The anime only viewer does not have knowledge on that and would like to discuss based on what is shown so far. Light novel and manga readers can participate in that by explaining how they felt when they read the chapter that was adapted. Remember the time when they first read the chapter without the next chapters and discuss based on that.

I understand that they like the story. That is (probably) why they are still on that thread. However, using future information to make a current scene look better/more relevant is not a strong argument to me. If that scene wasn't as extraordinary as the others, admit so. However, you can say that future scenes improve the experience and direct them to the light novel/manga thread or post a VM/PM.

An example of the above paragraph is Madoka Magica episode 1. If that was a one-shot, it would come off as typical (to me). However, it built the foundation for the other episodes, especially
Spoiler for episode 11:
If someone watches episode one and says that it's boring (or something like that), I would agree. However, I would encourage them to continue watching. If
Spoiler for episode 3:
If that still doesn't work, I would just accept their decision. Don't be as hard-headed as you perceive people to be by continuing to argue (not debate or discuss, I've seen the tempers of many) until they 'agree' or the mods step in.

Does thinking about the other episodes make episode 1 better? To me, yes. It's connection to the series does but not it's plot by itself. There is Chekhov's gun which depends on past information to make the scene flow better. If there is a writing technique that focuses on scenes in the future, please tell me the name of it; I would like to study more writing techniques.

@Triple_R
What about the character discussion threads? If Batman does have a subforum, wouldn't the Joker have his own thread to discuss about his character (same for Batman)? There, people can debate which version they like the most. From what I've read in character threads, everything can be put in spoiler tags.

For the movies, the Madoka forum has the 'Movie Discussion (& Speculation) Thread' which covers all three movies and the 'Movie 3 Spoilers and Speculations' which could cover all three again if the first two weren't recaps. Edit the title of the second thread to something like 'Movie Spoilers and Speculations' and you have one thread spoiler-free and the other to discuss spoilers.

I don't know much about Batman so if it's much more complicated than that, forgive me.
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).

Last edited by Auxilism; 2013-07-23 at 11:39.
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 15:24   Link #29
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This, I think, can work since it can attract all types of audience. The discussion can be given a certain focus to it also depending on how the opening post is written. We will still need one or two active members who would want to inject life into the thread to keep it going between intervals of new information.
Cross-media comparisons is probably the more important of the two topics I mentioned since...

1) It's more opinionated in nature. As such...

2) It can't really be researched in the same way that Scorecard work can. At least with Scorecard work you can look things up on Wiki, or a wiki for the show, and get the basic info you want that way. This is what I do for Madoka Magica.

So I would definitely be supportive of a cross-media sort of thread for situations like what Raildex is facing now with this section that deals with material that has been presented three times before. Perhaps there is a name that exists for that section, and you could have a thread titled "Cross-Media discussion on Section X".

I think a thread like this could be pretty beneficial, and may well be enough to satisfy the discussion concerns that some have.

There is something else I'd like to suggest though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhalo191 View Post

@Triple_R
What about the character discussion threads? If Batman does have a subforum, wouldn't the Joker have his own thread to discuss about his character (same for Batman)? There, people can debate which version they like the most. From what I've read in character threads, everything can be put in spoiler tags.
Sure, but...

1) The Nanoha subforum doesn't have character discussion threads.
2) The Fate/Series subforum doesn't have character discussion threads.
3) The To Aru Kagaku no Railgun subforum has character discussion threads for some female characters, but none of the male characters.

I do think that more character discussion threads would help. So maybe that's something to be considered here.

Quote:

For the movies, the Madoka forum has the 'Movie Discussion (& Speculation) Thread' which covers all three movies and the 'Movie 3 Spoilers and Speculations' which could cover all three again if the first two weren't recaps. Edit the title of the second thread to something like 'Movie Spoilers and Speculations' and you have one thread spoiler-free and the other to discuss spoilers.

I don't know much about Batman so if it's much more complicated than that, forgive me.
Madoka may one day become very complex, but it's not too bad right now. Madoka does not have a prequel (like Fate/Series) or a reboot (like Nanoha).
It does have some different spinoff manga, and if those ever get adapted into anime, then things could get complicated. But we're not there yet.

Madoka was also helped by having character discussion threads for the six main characters of the original TV anime.
Old 2013-07-23, 15:55   Link #30
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Unless another animated season comes out, I wouldn't bother trying to do anything to the Nanoha subforum. Most of the prominent posters there have been forcibly removed and there's next to no activity there, as most of us moved to a different forum as a result.
Old 2013-07-23, 22:42   Link #31
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That sounds rather complicated to me. As a comic book fan, it sounds on par to me with anything faced by a prominent comic book franchise, even including Batman.
I should emphasize again that comment only applied to this one particular arc, and as I was saying in that post, that particular arc is almost over. So that's why I was suggesting that a rushed solution built around the added complexity of this particular arc doesn't seem worthwhile when we're just on the verge of moving past that content.

Some of the characters do not have character discussions in the Railgun sub-forum because they have character discussion threads in the Index sub-forum where they have a much more prominent role (and thus more to discuss). I wouldn't necessarily be so opposed to creating character discussion threads in the Railgun sub-forum for some of the overlapping characters... but again, this is only an issue that affects the current arc for the most part. A thread was recently created (by request) in the Railgun Manga Readers sub-forum to discuss Touma's involvement in the current arc, though, and spoilers can obviously be posted there. Another thread was created regarding Accelerator as well (which allows spoilers behind tags). So relevant threads were created to try to catch some of the "spill-over" content in this arc.
Old 2013-07-23, 23:11   Link #32
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Quote:
1) The Nanoha subforum doesn't have character discussion threads.
2) The Fate/Series subforum doesn't have character discussion threads.
3) The To Aru Kagaku no Railgun subforum has character discussion threads for some female characters, but none of the male characters.
The male characters are in the Index subforum since they mainly appear there, no need to create another thread for them. Though, I wouldn't turn down the idea of creating a thread, posting one post to redirect people (with links) to discuss those characters, locking it and leaving it as a sticky.

For points 1 and 2, I made the assumption that they were like Madoka or Valvrave so it's my bad. However, creating more character threads might help, as you said.

Quote:
Madoka may one day become very complex, but it's not too bad right now. Madoka does not have a prequel (like Fate/Series) or a reboot (like Nanoha).
It does have some different spinoff manga, and if those ever get adapted into anime, then things could get complicated.
If it's a movie, it goes into the two threads mentioned, one for spoilers and one without. If it's an anime where not everything is released in one shot and with smaller intervals, then it should get the treatment of a normal anime with it's own subforum; one thread per episode.

I do agree that a cross-media thread will be helpful with some issues. However, it should only be for those who post regarding two or more anime series/movies/games/etc and not just focusing on one of them.

To restate what I think, character discussion and general movie threads solve the bulk of the issue. If they want to talk about things like the world between different series/media, a cross media thread solves that. This does not take into account human error where people don't want to use the light novel/manga threads to talk about future events although just cross-quoting the question begins discussion. If this can be reinforced (by force or otherwise), most problems about spoilers disappear.
Old 2013-07-24, 00:04   Link #33
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Though, I wouldn't turn down the idea of creating a thread, posting one post to redirect people (with links) to discuss those characters, locking it and leaving it as a sticky.
I'm not so opposed to this idea either, if it's deemed helpful. I would again point out that the arc in question is nearly finished so it may be too late now... but still, I'm okay with it in principle. Not sure if it'd "stick" it though, because "sticky bloat" is also a problem (and it also sounds rather gross too ).

Quote:
I do agree that a cross-media thread will be helpful with some issues. However, it should only be for those who post regarding two or more anime series/movies/games/etc and not just focusing on one of them.
If we further refine this idea (and come up with a good Opening Post that explains the purpose clearly), I could accept this too. I particularly like your stipulation that it should only be for comparisons of two-or-more media elements, and so (I would clarify) would not be used for cases where an existing thread is more appropriate. It's a topic that is both broad and specific, and I can see where it makes sense for cases where things get too tightly-wound and creating myriad threads for all the possible configurations would be too overwhelming.
Old 2013-07-24, 23:45   Link #34
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Quote:
I'm not so opposed to this idea either, if it's deemed helpful. I would again point out that the arc in question is nearly finished so it may be too late now... but still, I'm okay with it in principle. Not sure if it'd "stick" it though, because "sticky bloat" is also a problem (and it also sounds rather gross too ).
Well,
Spoiler for Railgun manga:

Nevertheless, we don't know what will happen in the future for the Railgun franchise but we do know that Index characters are in it. When they (Index characters) are used again, we won't have to bother about which arc they are used in, redirect everything to their character thread or the general manga discussion.

If sticky bloat is an issue, editing the title of the 'Changes to Index/Railgun Sub-Forums' thread to something like 'Changes to Index/Railgun Sub-Forums and links to other character threads.' From there, add the links to Touma and Accelerator (only two I can think of now) under 'Railgun Manga Readers'.

An alternative is to add the sticky to the Railgun Manga Readers section since there are only two sticky threads so far and the other threads don't even take up one page.
Old 2013-07-25, 16:39   Link #35
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Not sure if it'd "stick" it though, because "sticky bloat" is also a problem (and it also sounds rather gross too ).
Yeah, I think reading the phrase 'sticky bloat' made me throw up in my mouth. Maybe we should go with sticky overflow? Actually, that sounds kind of gross too...
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 22:07   Link #36
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Yeah, I think reading the phrase 'sticky bloat' made me throw up in my mouth. Maybe we should go with sticky overflow? Actually, that sounds kind of gross too...
We suffer from PTO - Pinned Thread Overload. The problem is that they grow like weeds. Get rid of some, more grow to take their place.
Old 2013-10-08, 04:42   Link #37
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Reviving this thread to inject some life into the idea of the "Cross Media" thread...., anyone still interested to do an opening post? I thought it was one of the better idea that came out of the Suggestion forum. I would have preferred TripleR (or anyone else who is interested in cross-reference discussion) to come up with an opening post, and then the moderators could tweak/clarify/adjust it to have the discussion comply with our policy.
Old 2013-10-08, 08:44   Link #38
Triple_R
*Author

Ok, I'll give it a shot.

---------------------------------------------

Welcome to the All-Purpose Cross-Media Comparison Thread for [Insert Anime Show Here]!

This thread is for cross-media comparisons between any two or more versions of the anime narrative that we've seen up to the current point in the anime. So you can compare the anime to the source story in the primary source material. Also, if the current anime narrative has been covered in 3 or more media (ex. anime, manga, and visual novel) you can also draw comparisons between all of those media, but please make it clear which media are involved in your comparisons.

Needless to say, this thread will be spoiler central. You have been warned!

Have fun, but remember that all of Anime Suki's rules and policies still apply to this thread.

----------------------------

That work?
Old 2013-10-08, 09:04   Link #39
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

This thread remind me of the same name OP of Kamen Rider OOO...

Anyway, this might be out of topic, but have anyone here feel racism between Anime fans to Novel or Manga fans? I mean, for example, Infinite Stratos. I've seen both of the type. Or Fate/. It's unormal to saw people bragging about the whole Nasuverse to the people who had only watch the animes.

(On a side, such a shame to see a better VN like Muv-Luv only get one adoption, compare to Fate/)
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 23:14   Link #40
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:

This thread is for cross-media comparisons between any two or more versions of the anime narrative that we've seen up to the current point in the anime. So you can compare the anime to the source story in the primary source material. Also, if the current anime narrative has been covered in 3 or more media (ex. anime, manga, and visual novel) you can also draw comparisons between all of those media, but please make it clear which media are involved in your comparisons.
That's a good start. I think the wording is a little vague to what the thread is going to try to accomplish. The wording should reflect the same thought which gave you the idea behind this proposal. To be more specific, think of the problem we had with spoilers in the Railgun weekly episode discussion thread while Mikasa's Sister Arc was taking place. A lot of the viewers didn't need to read the source material to still spoil things for a viewer who started with the To Aru franchise via Railgun S. Right now the thread also sounds more like an already existing Novel-to-anime Weekly Comparison thread. The purpose behind the thread should be to allow a place for discussion where an experienced viewer can engage in a conversation that bridges the gap between two point of views (i.e. Railgun's Mikasa and Index's Touma for the same Sister Arc). It can also include novel and manga material as long as the situation is somewhat similar. It shouldn't be a place for just to spoil thing considering we do have many other threads dedicated to manga/novel which do just that.