Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-01, 05:51   Link #1141
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
A thought just occured....why didnt anyone wish back Bardock or the Saiyans without their evil?
Because no one wanted to do that.
Old 2009-11-01, 07:52   Link #1142
Ottocycle

And as expected, the best cliffhanger in shounen manga happened today. Ended with Goku landing.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 08:15   Link #1143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Next weeks episode is going to be a super treat. I can not wait.
Old 2009-11-01, 11:12   Link #1144
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
When i saw the thread title.... Dude this is past milking the cow. This is grinding the bones and making Cowpie soup.
Ya, they should do this more often =P
Old 2009-11-01, 11:29   Link #1145
Blackbeard D. Kuma

This episode was very enjoyable to watch. It's amazing how much fun it is to see this series with virtually little to no filler.

By the looks of the next episode preview, Recoome and perhaps even Burter will be defeated next week. That is a ton of action right there.

Also, what did everyone here think about the new animation in the opening? Frieza's forms along with him and Goku battling each other looked absolutely fantastic. I was hoping for a new theme song, but this is still nice.
Old 2009-11-01, 12:06   Link #1146
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Let me guess, you watched this series dubbed. Trust me on this because I also watched this series dubbed when I was younger, just keep watching it and you'll get used to it.
As someone who 99% of the time prefers the subs(FMP was good both ways as was FY), I have to say the dub was far better IMO for DB and DBZ. Goku's voice in DBZ in japanese has always been kind of a joke IMO.
Old 2009-11-01, 14:03   Link #1147
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
As someone who 99% of the time prefers the subs(FMP was good both ways as was FY), I have to say the dub was far better IMO for DB and DBZ. Goku's voice in DBZ in japanese has always been kind of a joke IMO.
I'll concede to Goku's voice but I must say that Vegeta and the rest of the DBZ cast have pretty good VA's but DBZ is one of the few anime's to have good dubs.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 17:37   Link #1148
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Because no one wanted to do that.
I'm wondering why no one wanted to, I mean planet of saiyans (not working for frieza and are now good) vs Kid Buu would've been much easier...or harder if he absorbed them all

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 19:01   Link #1149
DeX-kun

Quote:
I'm wondering why no one wanted to, I mean planet of saiyans (not working for frieza and are now good) vs Kid Buu would've been much easier...or harder if he absorbed them all
Even if it was possible to revive a whole planet of Saiyans, I doubt there would be many good Saiyans. If anything, it would have probably caused more tribulations because Saiyans have a tendency to want to constantly do battle. Goku was raised as a human so that explains his pure heart but at the same time, he can't tame his desire to constantly fight.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-01, 19:36   Link #1150
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

Quote:
Even if it was possible to revive a whole planet of Saiyans, I doubt there would be many good Saiyans. If anything, it would have probably caused more tribulations because Saiyans have a tendency to want to constantly do battle. Goku was raised as a human so that explains his pure heart but at the same time, he can't tame his desire to constantly fight.
It was also mentioned that when Gohan the elder found Goku, he was extremely voilent until he fell off a cliff and hurt his head, resulting in a big scar on his head and a completely changed personality.
Dont remember if this was in the anime, but i definitly remember reading it in the manga.
Old 2009-11-01, 19:39   Link #1151
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I'll concede to Goku's voice but I must say that Vegeta and the rest of the DBZ cast have pretty good VA's but DBZ is one of the few anime's to have good dubs.
You're joking right? Basically 90% of the dialogue in the dub is inaccurate. I think you meant to say that it has good voices, although that can't be said for all characters (*cough*Frieza*cough*).
Old 2009-11-01, 20:14   Link #1152
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Asakura View Post
It was also mentioned that when Gohan the elder found Goku, he was extremely voilent until he fell off a cliff and hurt his head, resulting in a big scar on his head and a completely changed personality.
Dont remember if this was in the anime, but i definitly remember reading it in the manga.
Ah yes, I believe it was mentioned in the anime, thanks for reminding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You're joking right? Basically 90% of the dialogue in the dub is inaccurate. I think you meant to say that it has good voices, although that can't be said for all characters (*cough*Frieza*cough*).
Yeah, I'm not referring to the actual dialogue. Just the voice acting itself. Besides, compared to all the other anime's with horrible acting, I do think that DBZ had good voice acting.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-02, 05:45   Link #1153
SidVicious
Anime addict

Nice changes in the opening.
Old 2009-11-02, 06:37   Link #1154
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Also, what did everyone here think about the new animation in the opening? Frieza's forms along with him and Goku battling each other looked absolutely fantastic. I was hoping for a new theme song, but this is still nice.
The new OP animation is pretty much eye candy, and i loved every minute of it.

Episode 30 was so good to watch without all the filler material, Like you said, it's one hell of a treat being able to experience DBZ the way it should have been, and that's yet again been shown in this episode, Can't wait for Goku's time to shine next week.
Old 2009-11-02, 08:56   Link #1155
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
A thought just occured....why didnt anyone wish back Bardock or the Saiyans without their evil?
First, it should be noted that they weren't really evil, just violent, and working for a ruthless bastard.

I think it's stated that wishing people back to life has a one year time limit from the person's death. I would imagine the real reason, though, is because there isn't a place for them in the story.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 09:54   Link #1156
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I think it's stated that wishing people back to life has a one year time limit from the person's death.
I believe that's only with the earth Dragon balls though. Just stating really.
Old 2009-11-02, 11:43   Link #1157
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The new OP animation is pretty much eye candy, and i loved every minute of it.

Episode 30 was so good to watch without all the filler material, Like you said, it's one hell of a treat being able to experience DBZ the way it should have been, and that's yet again been shown in this episode, Can't wait for Goku's time to shine next week.
In the original anime of Dragonball Z episode 30 would be episode 65, that is a lot of filler being cut out.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 12:42   Link #1158
RDF2050
Superidol

Man i love the new edition fo the OP is Sick and also wow the filler are so so cut out LOL this is the way it should be
Old 2009-11-02, 13:43   Link #1159
Farplaner

lol, the new OP animation is kinda spoilery though if you've never watched the original before
Farplaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 17:09   Link #1160
Bombo
TSF Fans

Man i can't wait for next episode ..I want watch goku vs them quick
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote